What's new

The letter that has gotten more than $400K repaid from the CofS

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
2. You DON'T really have to cc the Ways and Means or your attorney - just make the CofS think you did.
3. You DON'T need to call your councilman/woman.
4. You DON'T need to contact or cc the State Attorney General.

...Well, NOW they may have to do those steps...since I'm sure OSA or someone from the church may have seen this? :unsure:

Well, they may have to now, but not as the first step. LOL!!!

Hell, maybe the church is reading this and will just give up the money more easily since there are so many of us and so few of them. They may just go into apathy. LOL!!!

Telepathetic

Gold Meritorious Patron
2. You DON'T really have to cc the Ways and Means or your attorney - just make the CofS think you did.
3. You DON'T need to call your councilman/woman.
4. You DON'T need to contact or cc the State Attorney General.

...Well, NOW they may have to do those steps...since I'm sure OSA or someone from the church may have seen this? :unsure:

Michelle,

See, you're making people do more admin now...just like in the "church.":coolwink: Oh well, we're used to it.:duh:

TP

Wisened One

Crusader
Well, they may have to now, but not as the first step. LOL!!!

Hell, maybe the church is reading this and will just give up the money more easily since there are so many of us and so few of them. They may just go into apathy. LOL!!!

They are doing that as we speak! :clap: :thumbsup:

Michelle,

See, you're making people do more admin now...just like in the "church.":coolwink: Oh well, we're used to it.:duh:

TP

Moi? :unsure: :p :confused2:

Telepathetic

Gold Meritorious Patron
How many people on this Board have received a refund?

I'm also interested in finding out how much money has been recovered also.

TP

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
How many people on this Board have received a refund?

I'm also interested in finding out how much money has been recovered also.

TP

TP,

Remember that refunds are completely different from repayments.

So are you asking how many got repayments? (Refunds are for every service ever received.)

Hubby and I got $26K+ back.

Telepathetic

Gold Meritorious Patron
TP,

Remember that refunds are completely different from repayments.

So are you asking how many got repayments? (Refunds are for every service ever received.)

Hubby and I got $26K+ back.

Sorry, I meant repayments. But now that you bring that up, I also wonder how many people have asked for a refund.

Refunds, I'm sure are a lot harder to get, right?

I just don't recall how it was handled when I was on staff even though I was one of the SOBs a person had to see on that routing form.

I made one person feel so guilty that 2 years later she came back when she was doing her "Liability Formula" and told me she specifically wanted me to sign it...funny thing was, I was an "ethics particle" at the time which rattled her! Here I was, Mr. Righteous cleaning the bathrooms for being "out ethics!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't you love the IRONY!:omg:

TP

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
Sorry, I meant repayments. But now that you bring that up, I also wonder how many people have asked for a refund.

Refunds, I'm sure are a lot harder to get, right?

I just don't recall how it was handled when I was on staff even though I was one of the SOBs a person had to see on that routing form.

I made one person feel so guilty that 2 years later she came back when she was doing her "Liability Formula" and told me she specifically wanted me to sign it...funny thing was, I was an "ethics particle" at the time which rattled her! Here I was, Mr. Righteous cleaning the bathrooms for being "out ethics!" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't you love the IRONY!:omg:

TP

To the best of my knowledge, it requires an attorney to get a refund. And it's a long, hard battle. Wasn't that Wollersheim's (? sp) deal - he fought the CofS for 20 years to get a refund.

I would have loved getting a refund. But I wasn't willing to spend 20 more years dealing with the CofS. NOT WORTH IT!!!

Winston Smith wrote: I got my life refunded when I walked out the fucking door.

This is so TRUE. And makes the point.

Yes, it was nice "hurting" the CofS getting a repayment. But getting my life back was far more important.

This is why hubby won't get his money back from the IAS. He's sent 2 - 3 letters and hasn't even gotten a response. When TookMeAWhile got his money back, he sort of pushed hubby to get his. Finally hubby just said "It's not worth my time". And he gave them $30,000 - $40,000. We could use the money (couldn't we all?), but the headache and time involved just isn't worth my hubby's effort. He can just as easily make the money going to work. And not have to deal with the crap from the CofS/IAS.