What's new

The letter that has gotten more than $400K repaid from the CofS

JENNA

HOW DO I GET MY MONEY BACK....ASAP.. IN ONE LUMP SUM?!

HI guys,
i am owed $5K & the org tell me that
'They are a small org & my refund is dependent on the donations they receive from week to week'
The first month they sent me $350. Six weeks later (& 6 phone calls later)
they tell me "donations are down, all they can afford to send me is $50.
I jumped up & down on the phone & a voice message the next day notified me that they would be sending $200. They have put it in writing that they owe me the money & it will be paid in full. However, they are not willing to say exactly when, or make any commitment to a payment schedule.
I recently lost my job & am having a difficult time financially, so I'd really appreciate any input that would be effective in me collecting my money.
I read the 'demand letter' that has worked for others, however, they have agreed to pay...what they are saying is that 'they will pay as little as possible as infrequently as possible' until the $5K is paid. (Despite the fact I paid them in one lump sum.)
Appreciate any help with this.:unsure:

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
HI guys,
'They are a small org & my refund is dependent on the donations they receive from week to week'
I jumped up & down on the phone & a voice message the next day notified me that they would be sending $200. They have put it in writing that they owe me the money & it will be paid in full. However, they are not willing to say exactly when, or make any commitment to a payment schedule.
I recently lost my job & am having a difficult time financially, so I'd really appreciate any input that would be effective in me collecting my money.
I read the 'demand letter' that has worked for others, however, they have agreed to pay...what they are saying is that 'they will pay as little as possible as infrequently as possible' until the $5K is paid. (Despite the fact I paid them in one lump sum.)

Unfortunately, you may just have to wait for them to pay you. It's better than them telling you to "bugger off".

freethinker

Sponsor
HI guys,

Don't buy it. In policy they have what is called a CVB account. Claims Verification Board. This is an account that showed up in DM's time. They are supposed to put alocations in there every week per policy and management. It used to come out of the Building Fund account but has been changed. They are stringing you along until you give up. It's amazing that each org has it's own way of handling R/R's. Tell them to pay you out of the CVB account.

Free

thetanic

Gold Meritorious Patron

You could try a lawyer. It'd cost you some of the money, but being strung along like that is ridiculous.

Blue Spirit

Silver Meritorious Patron
That Is True

Don't buy it. In policy they have what is called a CVB account. Claims Verification Board. This is an account that showed up in DM's time. They are supposed to put alocations in there every week per policy and management. It used to come out of the Building Fund account but has been changed. They are stringing you along until you give up. It's amazing that each org has it's own way of handling R/R's. Tell them to pay you out of the CVB account.
Free

That is true.

Reasonable

Silver Meritorious Patron
OK, there are so many threads about getting repayments, that I thought I'd just permanently post the letter that several people on this board have used to get a repayment. This is the letter my hubby wrote that got our repayments ($26K), GTs selectee's repayment ($200K), TookMeAWhile's repayment, etc. I'm sure there are more, but that's all remember at this moment.

November 26, 2006

Church of Scientology
Flag Service Org
503 Cleveland Street
Clearwater, FL 33755

Re: Full Refund of all Moneys on Account, $695.00

Attn: Treasury

I hereby demand a full repayment of all funds currently on account. Within the Church this is commonly referred to as “Advanced Payments”. I have decided to forego all future participation in the Church of Scientology and therefore will never use any money on account for future services. This letter shall serve as proof that I am leaving the Church of Scientology.

This demand includes, but is not limited to: money on account for counseling, money on account for training, money on account for books and other materials, as well as money which has been debited and currently held in my counseling folders as unused hours.

A quick and full refund is expected within 7 days of receipt of this letter. This demand is in accordance with existing Church Policy, the same Policy that was quoted to the IRS when the Church of Scientology was granted tax-exempt status. This Policy is commonly referred to as “Fair Use”.

Failure to comply with this demand will result in legal action by my attorney.

Sign

Copies to:

Parker Stanbury, LLP Attorneys at Law
US House of Representatives, Committee on Ways and Means

Note: WE DID NOT SEND COPIES TO OUR ATTORNEY OR THE WAYS AND MEANS. That was a scare tactic.

Note: Yes, we had to sign our own expulsion confirmation and yes, we got declared (completely off policy). I'd gotten two repayments prior to leaving the CofS and was NOT declared.

Note: We did NOT do a routing form.

Note: Between my hubby and I we got back $26+K. He only happened to have $695 on account at FSO.

We have had NO success getting hubby's money back from the IAS ($40K). However, TookMeAWhile did get money back. See his thread.

I sure hope this clears up all the confusion about repayments. Which are completely different from refunds.

Repayments = only money on account
Refunds = return of all money ever paid to the CofS for services (training, auditing, etc.)

Maybe all the people that have used the above letter should post how much they got back. Then GT and I would have a real "stat". :happydance:

You don't have to use the letter exactly as it is written, but it certainly is a place to start.

The checks my hubby and I received were dated within seven to 10 days of the date of our letter. The letter worked very well.

From your letter it seems you sent it to treasury. When I called treasury they told me to write to ehtics department. Would you send to both?

Kathy (ImOut)

Gold Meritorious Patron
From your letter it seems you sent it to treasury. When I called treasury they told me to write to ehtics department. Would you send to both?

The letter was used first by my husband and I back in late 2006. I don't know where it got routed to once it was received by the CofS.

I say send it to both if you feel you should. I'm sure the CofS has now changed the rules and a request for a repayment is now "an Ethics" situation, where it used to just be a Treasury cycle.

I hope you get your money back.