What's new

The Mayo Challenge

TheRealNoUser

Patron with Honors
Emma, I have nothing but respect both for you and this forum. The reason I originally joined this forum was to share all the critical pdf books that I created.

I asked a legitimate question, and Mayo answered my question exactly as I expected. He lost his homework.

I believe that he is the one with the agenda here, not me. We just don't know what it is yet. I hinted at it in my initial post.
It is just that everyone here is hoping to get some magical answers from him so they are all kissing his ass right now.

If you really think that challenging him is wrong I will stop, but I also think that doing so weakens the credibility of this forum.
- - - - - -

Re: Mark A. Baker's anonymity comment. Surely you know that Scientology will destroy me if I make my identity known. Yet you still suggest I do? Interesting.

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
If he is who he claims to be, this Mayo is a person who has created much of the Scientology technology that has ruined people's lives. There are countless thousands of individuals who have spent their life savings, and have had their lives absolutely ruined by following these insane teachings. You bet I'm angry, just as I would be if Hubbard himself turned up here.

The name of this message board is "Ex Scientologist Message Board". Ex being the operative word.

Now Mayo turns up here expecting to be treated like some Golden Being. Well, sorry - he's simply not. He's a conman just like Hubbard. He supported Hubbard. He wrote the materials for Hubbard. He's just as guilty.

These are not insults. They are facts, like them or not. Hubbard and Mayo's creations have ruined lives and killed people.

You're all acting like this is some nice little game that we all played, and now it's over and we can all have a good laugh about it. Well it's not over, and I have no reason to propitiate to this person. There are thousands of people still in a dire and dangerous position right now because of Hubbard and Mayo.

Your right there are thousands of people who have been ruined.

Thats why we are here.

You got the wrong guy NoRealNoUser.

You pick quotes that satisfy your angle.

What about the other dozens of interviews exposing Hubbard, Miscavige , the church policies that are quoted in lots of critics books from David?.

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Emma, I have nothing but respect both for you and this forum. The reason I originally joined this forum was to share all the critical pdf books that I created.

I asked a legitimate question, and Mayo answered my question exactly as I expected. He lost his homework.

I believe that he is the one with the agenda here, not me. We just don't know what it is yet. I hinted at it in my initial post.
It is just that everyone here is hoping to get some magical answers from him so they are all kissing his ass right now.

If you really think that challenging him is wrong I will stop, but I also think that doing so weakens the credibility of this forum.
- - - - - -

Re: Mark A. Baker's anonymity comment. Surely you know that Scientology will destroy me if I make my identity known. Yet you still suggest I do? Interesting.

Challenging David Mayo isn't wrong. Attacking him is. Also you know he is gagged and can get in a lot of trouble if he speaks of what he shouldn't speak of. Provoking him into answering in anger and violating his agreement is exactly what OSA would want.

So I say to you again, IF you have a legitimate question (that he probably LEGALLY cannot answer) then ask him, but knock off the attacks and don't expect answers he can't give. These two people (the Mayos) have been attacked by Scientology for decades, I won't allow that "tradition" to continue here.

TheRealNoUser

Patron with Honors
snip....So I say to you again, IF you have a legitimate question (that he probably LEGALLY cannot answer) then ask him, but knock off the attacks and don't expect answers he can't give. These two people (the Mayos) have been attacked by Scientology for decades, I won't allow that "tradition" to continue here.
OK. He answered. I'll stop.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
^^^ Well, a lot of us have helped create, or maintain, the Orwellian Nightmare that is Scientology.. That's not the point..

So far I don't get the impression that David Mayo in any way tries to perpetuate or salvage the Sinister Scam Cult of Scientology.

Mr.Rathbun does that! - He's a real and present ass!

:yes:

VaD

Gold Meritorious Patron
^^^ Well, a lot of us have helped create, or maintain, the Orwellian Nightmare that is Scientology.. That's not the point..

So far I don't get the impression that David Mayo in any way tries to perpetuate or salvage the Sinister Scam Cult of Scientology.

Mr.Rathbun does that! - He's a real and present ass!

I agree.

David Mayo is just a wrong target (unless we smell that he's trying to create a cult of some sort... and most here have a great sense of smell as cults are concerned)

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
If he is who he claims to be, this Mayo is a person who has created much of the Scientology technology that has ruined people's lives. There are countless thousands of individuals who have spent their life savings, and have had their lives absolutely ruined by following these insane teachings. You bet I'm angry, just as I would be if Hubbard himself turned up here.

The name of this message board is "Ex Scientologist Message Board". Ex being the operative word.

Now Mayo turns up here expecting to be treated like some Golden Being. Well, sorry - he's simply not. He's a conman just like Hubbard. He supported Hubbard. He wrote the materials for Hubbard. He's just as guilty.

These are not insults. They are facts, like them or not. Hubbard and Mayo's creations have ruined lives and killed people.

You're all acting like this is some nice little game that we all played, and now it's over and we can all have a good laugh about it. Well it's not over, and I have no reason to propitiate to this person. There are thousands of people still in a dire and dangerous position right now because of Hubbard and Mayo.

I don't think for one single moment that David has turned up here expecting to be treated like some golden being but if that were the case he would soon find out that ESMB is not full of sycophants (though there are a few) because we are free here to think for ourselves and not via some tek.

Please relax (and read lots) and you will love it here.

Welcome!

:happydance:

... Re: Mark A. Baker's anonymity comment. Surely you know that Scientology will destroy me if I make my identity known. Yet you still suggest I do? Interesting.

There's a rational alternative. If you are as clever as you think you are then you can figure it out. :whistling:

Mark A. Baker

Nicole

Silver Meritorious Patron
<snip>

<snip>

:grouch:
Imo nobody is kissing here somebodys ass.... I had to kiss enough asses in my life and imo other people here too. Don't judge about people you don't know!

Julie Mayo

Patron
Let's move peacefully forward onto great things together

Hello there

I've been wanting an opportunity such as this to arise. I am clearly who I am, you are clearly not revealing yourself. I long ago settled with the C of S. I am not wanting to pick any fights with anyone. I am here to reconnect with old friends.

But this reminds me of a situation that has replayed many times during my life. How to communicate with someone who has different intentions than what they have expressed. Perhaps it is better to not communicate with that person at all. Perhaps that truly is the best solution and is my weakness. Because time after time I have communicated to people that I suspected were there for other reasons than what they expressed. But I have great faith in the goodness of man and I think anyone posting to this site probably in some way truly thinks he is doing the right thing. Me included.

I've been thinking of a time way back in around 1987. An old friend, named Johnny, (real name), contacted us and wanted to stay with us. We could hardly refuse. He was a person that greatly helped me in very difficult times. I will never forget his compassion and help. He was a friend to both of us.

He arrived for the weekend and was settled into the guest bedroom. We were living in a two bedroom house in Redwood City, CA at the time. After dinner, he said he was interested in hearing about a course I was developing at the IRM where I worked as a research assistant. I had nothing to hide, so I said, "of course".

He said he needed to get something and came back to the dining room with a bag which he somewhat nervously placed nearby. We all thought, "Oh, he has a tape recorder in that bag. He is going to record the conversation and take it back to someone else." He said he was out. Somehow it seemed rude to challenge him. It seemed like it would violate too many social conventions to just say, "Come on Johnny, What do you have in that bag?" We loved him. We didn't want to hurt him. He confessed he liked us too. I distinctly remember him saying, "I don't know why, but I really like you guys."

In his own way he was saying, "I'm not supposed to like you guys, but I really do." Somehow we all knew it was a charade but didn't want it to interrupt our friendship. A year later he wrote to us and said he wanted to spend another weekend with us. I never answered. Of course, he knew we knew and probably was secretly relieved he didn't have to go through the ordeal a second time.

But I've wondered did I really handle that in the best way possible. I really do not know. The creator of "The Mayo Challenge" most likely isn't a very dear friend like Johnny. He is more likely just someone who has had a lot of disinformation about us and is just doing his job: trying to do us in.

But I want to give him the benefit of the doubt and at the same time I want to be more direct and not hide the obvious. I want to say: "Whoever you are, show what you have in your bag. Reveal your true identity. Tell us what orders you are following." Maybe then we can resolve our differences. Maybe we can be honest. Maybe we can both work towards a better world without strife.

This is a challenge to you, my friend, (I hope). You know our true identities. Reveal yours. Perhaps we can forgive each other and work together towards a brighter future. I have no bad will towards you. Peace.

(If you have a better idea, now is the time to express it.) This may all seem airy fairy, but I think there has got to be some way to bridge the gap, even though it is most likely wider than the Grand Canyon. The soldiers in the trenches during World War 1 eventually started cooperating with each other because they were in it together for the long haul. Maybe that's the answer. "Hey, you guys in the trenches over there. We are going to be here together for a long time to come. Can we at least have a cup of tea and a couple of bikkies?"

David Mayo

Patron with Honors
Mayo, I have done more on my own to damage Scientology than you can possibly imagine. I utterly despise Scientology, Hubbard, The Dwarf Miscavige, all the current ex-Scieno execs making their own little blogs, and you.

Your excuse is very convenient. The most important document of your life "got stolen" without any copies made. Right.

You have not helped anyone. You helped create the cult that destroyed people. That's your legacy.

Re: your last question - Keywords; Hubbard, vistaril - There's a new tool called Google. Perhaps you've heard of it.

P.S. I'm glad you're showing your true colors finally. Just like Hubbard.

I acknowledge that you are right in that I worked in a cult that was destructive in some ways but I don't agree that it was only destructive. It was also constructive in some ways. While it is true that I worked in it, it is not true that I 'helped create the cult ...' But tell me how you think I may have done that? and what you think I should have done?

I am willing to listen to what you have to say. And I may learn from it.

David

Hatshepsut

Crusader
Found it.

Ordering a sanger? Word is there's a snag for the unwary ... smh.com.auOct 1, 2003 ... In parts of South Australia, it is called a schnitter. And in other places, sangers. Sangers can be sandwiches in one state and sausages in ...

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
hats Get this Intoya,

Why don't you go flat out, sit down with a cuppa and take a squiz at our mean as list of Kiwi slang. No worries bro if it looks a bit munted, she’ll be right, it’s just the way Kiwis talk in En Zed. After reading this, blow me down if you won’t be stoaked when it comes to speaking here. But don’t go half pie, go all out eh, and earn yourself some Maori roast, a handle or some hokey pockey.

http://www.newzealandslang.com/

VaD

Gold Meritorious Patron
Attempts to discredit this board with OSAOSAOSA attempts have failed.

Now there are attempts to discredit it with David Mayo being here.

OSAme [awesome] game!
(Stupid game, destined to fail)

Hatshepsut

Crusader
hats Get this Intoya,

Why don't you go flat out, sit down with a cuppa and take a squiz at our mean as list of Kiwi slang. No worries bro if it looks a bit munted, she’ll be right, it’s just the way Kiwis talk in En Zed. After reading this, blow me down if you won’t be stoaked when it comes to speaking here. But don’t go half pie, go all out eh, and earn yourself some Maori roast, a handle or some hokey pockey.

http://www.newzealandslang.com/

Ah Jachss :happydance:

Y'aint iz bad izza Scots! :thumbsup:

S'pecially a drunkin Scots.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
^^ How so Vad? - If it really is, that there's no OSA here.. Or in other words, OSA ain't interested. They're ignoring us..

Why, I'd be mightily offended by that!

VaD

Gold Meritorious Patron
^^ How so Vad? - If it really is, that there's no OSA here.. Or in other words, OSA ain't interested. They're ignoring us..

Why, I'd be mightily offended by that!

Dunno. Just had a thought.

But may be it's just in a nature of the beast - to have someone(s) here to get one's teeth into.

- Perhaps, without some drama here it would be boring. - Just a guess.