What's new

The McPherson Issue

i don't know jack about computers

i often refer to myself as toulouse lowtek or rip van cyberwinkle

i am able to log on to a computer, access gooble get to esmb, log on and using only the index finger of my right hand post my writing. i am unable to utilize most other features of this board. i recently made a substantial upgrade of my computer skills by posting my first smiliee, a deeply heartfelt "big cry"

there is "method to my madness". obviously the computer revolution is a profound technological advance for mankind. as any cogent observer can readily deduce i am a person of sufficient intelligence and creativity that if i had chosen to discipline myself to the task i could have several decades in the past entered this arena and made myself a multimilionaire. in fact i often muse on possible computer aps (and have been doing so since the sixties) and i have a backlog of good ideas and if some ambitious whelp wants to sit and brainstorm with such could probably be VERY prosperous within three years

but...

i am a person of conscience and for 42 years an ordained member of clergy. it is incumbent upon me to consider the impact of computers on our humanity and spirituality and to make camp with those who are to some degree (for lack of a better word off the top of my head) are disenfrachised by computers or intimidated by the awe they have for cybernetics

therefore...

i intend to remain personally unskilled with these here newfangled contraptions infernal devices that they are ( 90% of america's current money supply exists only in cyberspace? YIKES!!!!!) and do no more with them than i could do with but a pencil and an adequate supply of paper.

that is a lot

always was

may a just and merciful god grant that it shall ever be

preacher said to me once:

"son...wut hez...The Lord...dun fer yew?"

ah sez:

"wull...He's durn near rooint me"

So, perhaps a very easy to operate WI-FI capable laptop would be best.

Birdy would like the idea of the Linux freeware software, etc. I'm sure. Collaborative and freely given, in line with Christian values. :thumbsup:

I don't think he would be offended at the thought of a recycled or previously owned computer that was being put to good re-use... very environmentally sound. :thumbsup: Better than going into landfill and polluting the earth!

A simple kind act of sharing might make a big difference in ease of access and reading writing and sharing info on ESMB! :thumbsup:

Plus maybe emailing or skyping with old and new distant friends, perhaps? Or even getting on some social media to feel more connected with peeps? Watching TED talks or doing research online, for someone who likes to think about things. All of which might be a nice life enhancement... :thumbsup:

Be brave and bold, Birdy, and let good kind people do something nice for you at Christmastime! :)

Oh, Santa!!! :biggrin:

WTF is linux?

and yes, absolutely, a used computer will be preferred. yeah, the humility of it is consonant with my style but most significantly i live in a '98 Explorer with a broken window which can't be locked. i'll be careful with it and it will usually be in a friend's abode but the risk of theft is high. in the past three years four thefts from my cars have left more valuable possesions and taken large amounts of personal papers

anyone care to guess who tops the list of suspects?

Div6

Crusader
WTF is linux?

and yes, absolutely, a used computer will be preferred. yeah, the humility of it is consonant with my style but most significantly i live in a '98 Explorer with a broken window which can't be locked. i'll be careful with it and it will usually be in a friend's abode but the risk of theft is high. in the past three years four thefts from my cars have left more valuable possesions and taken large amounts of personal papers

anyone care to guess who tops the list of suspects?

Hmmm. No trunk space in a Ford Explorer. But this does give some perspective. Used laptop, loaded with a linux operating system, configured for wifi and light (minimal) applications, to go light on battery usage. I suppose battery charging might be an issue, have to look into that from a "charging from the cigarette lighter" perspective. Let me see what I can cook up...

Hmmm. No trunk space in a Ford Explorer. But this does give some perspective. Used laptop, loaded with a linux operating system, configured for wifi and light (minimal) applications, to go light on battery usage. I suppose battery charging might be an issue, have to look into that from a "charging from the cigarette lighter" perspective. Let me see what I can cook up...

well, this is sudden

i gotta think about what i'll be doing

i'm no without resources

but since the primary suspect in the five (not four) recent robberies might be listening maybe i shouldnt talk about what i'll be doing with the computer here

(hee hee, hee hee)

PTSPal

Patron with Honors
hundreds?

last time i checked the "why are they dead?" thread i think there were 73 entries [a link to that thread would be appropriate to this thread if someone would provide it] several of them were suicides. we do not, for instance, convict and condemn the paramour when a jilted lover commits suicide. the suicides would gain significnce if they were enough to be a signifiant statistical anomaly. there may be as few as 50,000 active scnists in america but there are tens of thousands of americans who were active at least five years and hundreds of thousands who have at least done an HQS course. insurance companies pay VERY close attention to such things and if involvement with CoS produced such anomaly those of us who are paying attention would know about it

there are however a small number of deaths associated with CoS that involve suspicious circumstances and are of some interest

:duh: Sorry, I was understating the situation. I've been involved in this since 1971 and I stand by the statement. I have watched this for most of my life and I can assure you the COS is deeply involved in hundreds of highly suspicious deaths. I can't tell you how many times I've lost sleep over it. This is a sick organization. Much sicker that many of you are willing to admit.

:duh: Sorry, I was understating the situation. I've been involved in this since 1971 and I stand by the statement. I have watched this for most of my life and I can assure you the COS is deeply involved in hundreds of highly suspicious deaths. I can't tell you how many times I've lost sleep over it. This is a sick organization. Much sicker that many of you are willing to admit.

yeah...

arnie's gonna pony up some more on this soon

Well, the intent is not to overwhelm, but rather "unburden". Before we go the PM route (as others have expressed interest as well) I thought we should openly discuss preferences\options. I may be able to scrape up a spare (used) laptop. but I would have to load an OS and make sure all the drivers loaded, etc. If it were left to me, I would probably choose a linux version, just because it is free (as in beer). HOWEVER, laptops and notebooks are relatively inexpensive, and not knowing your computing style or preferences\needs, it would be helpful to get the focus on what would be optimum for you in this situation, ie: a windows notebook with wifi, a "full laptop", etc. From there we could decide on budget, and if you have a paypal account we could send dono's there. Otherwise, if we go the second hand route, we can hash out details (OS, feature set) and then work out shipping.

donations?

what? ... hunh?

did somebody say something about donations?

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re Filburt...

Dear Commander BS,

I am sorry to say I will not be posting that letter anywhere at this time..

Here is the introduction I wrote for that letter, FWIW:

First some background info if anyone reading this is NOT familiar with this data you must click the links to see for yourself. Don't take my words alone, the data that follows is going to be incredible enough and the incredulity factor demands that you know the context:

Below was filed under penalty of perjury and is from my pro-se motion for reconsideration in RTC vs LERMA (The one that included the data that a room full of lawyers told me never to discuss as it "would ruin my credibility" about my being dosed with LSD by Warren McShane, President of RTC while he and Alan Cartright et al were in my bathroom for quite a while during the 1995 RAID.

"1) Copyright to large portions of the Power processes, R6EW, the Clearing course, and OT 1 through 7 and some of the 'Confidential' L series, (inclusive of what RTC falsely describes
as 'Advanced Technology') was granted by the US copyright office to Geoffrey Filburt April 25 1982, in a publication called Excalibur Revisited' which includes massive word-for-word transcriptions of materials I recall as being Scientology.... some 450 pages, single spaced typing. A true and correct copy of excerpts of this file as obtained from America Online is provided as Exhibit A.

2) The RTC's filed copyrights for these materials are dated May 12th 1982.

3) Mr. Filburt claims to have received permission from Hubbard to do as he wished with the materials of Scientology.

4) I prompted Homer Smith to call Mr. Filburt, and get his permission to post these materials to the Internet in the fall of 1994. They have been available on America Online for nearly two years."

-------

Copyright to the entire bridge of scientology (these were Geoff's words) was provided by a signed letter from Hubbard giving HIM the entire bridge in scientolgy to do with as he pleased. This copyright can be viewed at the US Copyright office webpage here: TX0000894990 / 1982-04-26

------

Mr Filburt told me that RTC did visit him and "figuratively put a gun to my head" but he told them to go to hell.

------

Strangely, two huge "Intellectual property" lawfirms never mentioned Mr Filburt's document in their own filings on my behalf.. as soon as I could get out from under them (insurance company lawfirms) I filed pro-se in US Federal court. One of those firms has now vanished, been dissolved... Ross, Dixon and Masback on Pennsylvania Avenue at 4th St NW in view of the US Capital building.

(Note Well: The last motion for summary judgement by RTC dropped all the stuff I had actually scanned and posted (The Fishman Affidavit, including the entirety of OT1 thru 7 as of 1978) and added 5 items, from my usenet .LOG file that were postings of NEDS for OTS or NOTs, this was (c) rubbish that Dennis Erlich had been sued for posting to usenet previously in February and

Just so you understand.. after litigating madly about the Fishman Affidavit that authenticated OTIII in Federal Court (XENU), RTC dropped all those claims and added 5 things from by hard disk from a .log file created from reading Dennis Erlich's posts on the alt.religion.scientology newsgroup.)

After this filing was denied I retained a lawyer, David Masselli, whom I knew personally to fight out their attempts to charge me for the legal (lawyer) costs (1,740,000 they claimed) which were DENIED, RTC was awarded ZERO Legal fees $$ for months of wrangling... or I would not be here typing this at this time... those files have been transferred safely to the care of (Library name deleted).

Letter to follow...

Letter errata: Mr Filburt typed in a date of 1999, but this deposition took place in 1996...and yes I have a hard copy of it, also...

end

Re Filburt...

Dear Commander BS,

I am sorry to say I will not be posting that letter anywhere at this time..

Here is the introduction I wrote for that letter, FWIW:

First some background info if anyone reading this is NOT familiar with this data you must click the links to see for yourself. Don't take my words alone, the data that follows is going to be incredible enough and the incredulity factor demands that you know the context:

Below was filed under penalty of perjury and is from my pro-se motion for reconsideration in RTC vs LERMA (The one that included the data that a room full of lawyers told me never to discuss as it "would ruin my credibility" about my being dosed with LSD by Warren McShane, President of RTC while he and Alan Cartright et al were in my bathroom for quite a while during the 1995 RAID.

"1) Copyright to large portions of the Power processes, R6EW, the Clearing course, and OT 1 through 7 and some of the 'Confidential' L series, (inclusive of what RTC falsely describes
as 'Advanced Technology') was granted by the US copyright office to Geoffrey Filburt April 25 1982, in a publication called Excalibur Revisited' which includes massive word-for-word transcriptions of materials I recall as being Scientology.... some 450 pages, single spaced typing. A true and correct copy of excerpts of this file as obtained from America Online is provided as Exhibit A.

2) The RTC's filed copyrights for these materials are dated May 12th 1982.

3) Mr. Filburt claims to have received permission from Hubbard to do as he wished with the materials of Scientology.

4) I prompted Homer Smith to call Mr. Filburt, and get his permission to post these materials to the Internet in the fall of 1994. They have been available on America Online for nearly two years."

-------

Copyright to the entire bridge of scientology (these were Geoff's words) was provided by a signed letter from Hubbard giving HIM the entire bridge in scientolgy to do with as he pleased. This copyright can be viewed at the US Copyright office webpage here: TX0000894990 / 1982-04-26

------

Mr Filburt told me that RTC did visit him and "figuratively put a gun to my head" but he told them to go to hell.

------

Strangely, two huge "Intellectual property" lawfirms never mentioned Mr Filburt's document in their own filings on my behalf.. as soon as I could get out from under them (insurance company lawfirms) I filed pro-se in US Federal court. One of those firms has now vanished, been dissolved... Ross, Dixon and Masback on Pennsylvania Avenue at 4th St NW in view of the US Capital building.

(Note Well: The last motion for summary judgement by RTC dropped all the stuff I had actually scanned and posted (The Fishman Affidavit, including the entirety of OT1 thru 7 as of 1978) and added 5 items, from my usenet .LOG file that were postings of NEDS for OTS or NOTs, this was (c) rubbish that Dennis Erlich had been sued for posting to usenet previously in February and

Just so you understand.. after litigating madly about the Fishman Affidavit that authenticated OTIII in Federal Court (XENU), RTC dropped all those claims and added 5 things from by hard disk from a .log file created from reading Dennis Erlich's posts on the alt.religion.scientology newsgroup.)

After this filing was denied I retained a lawyer, David Masselli, whom I knew personally to fight out their attempts to charge me for the legal (lawyer) costs (1,740,000 they claimed) which were DENIED, RTC was awarded ZERO Legal fees $$ for months of wrangling... or I would not be here typing this at this time... those files have been transferred safely to the care of (Library name deleted).

Letter to follow...

Letter errata: Mr Filburt typed in a date of 1999, but this deposition took place in 1996...and yes I have a hard copy of it, also...

end

cooooooooooooooool...

i've been a pats fan since '62. with the afl/nfl merger afl teams were required to have stadia seating at least 50,000 so billy jr bought land in foxboro where he built schaeffer stadium for the price of a cheese sandwich and 1971 was the last year the team was known as the boston patriots. at first they were renamed the bay state patriots but as it was soon pointed out they might be referred to as the [%&@&#%] BS Patriots after two months they became new england. i was undaunted by the foreknowledge my choice of avatar would result in occaisionally being addressed as Commander BS

Last edited:

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
cooooooooooooooool...

i've been a pats fan since '62. with the afl/nfl merger afl teams were required to have stadia seating at least 50,000 so billy jr bought land in foxboro where he built schaeffer stadium for the price of a cheese sandwich and 1971 was the last year the team was known as the boston patriots. at first they were renamed the bay state patriots but as it was soon pointed out they might be referred to as the [%&@&#%] BS Patriots after two months they became new england. i was undaunted by the foreknowledge my choice of avatar would result in occaisionally being addressed as Commander BS

I truly did not intend insult by innuendo, I did not see that until I typed it out... an thought, "hell, *I* didnt make up his ESMB nickname, its his problem..."

Arnie

I truly did not intend insult by innuendo, I did not see that until I typed it out... an thought, "hell, *I* didnt make up his ESMB nickname, its his problem..."

Arnie

yer a natural arnie...

i was just laying claim to "OT" on a thread of yours. your froodian slide is apt cogent sequitur and pertininent

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
also re insect bites...

They were characterized as "roach feeding sites"

"Dr. Goff would expect insect infestation to have
roaches feeding on a body, similar to other crime scenes he has
investigated. If FLAG is telling the truth that there was no insect
infestation at the hotel, then this simply proves the Estate's argument
that Lisa was never in the hotel in the first place" LINK

which backs up the claim she was moved in that crate 3 days before she died, which also would explain why the last three days of her baby watch records were "lost" as this fraud of a church perjured in court...

and:

"All of the Estate’s pathologists have further opined that Lisa did have
bug bites on her body, antemortem and peri-mortem. Dr. Spitz has
documented insect feeding sites on two autopsy microscopic slides.
Appendix A5, at pp. 20-27, 73-74. The scientific evidence of the post mortem photographs of Lisa’s body show 109 different cockroach feeding sites, mostly antemortem, per the board certified entomologist retained by the Estate, Neil Haskell, Ph.D. See attached excerpts from his deposition, Appendix 6, at pp. 238-239, and his diagram of feeding sites, Appendix 7, with special emphasis on the facial autopsy photograph. Appendix 8. This is in direct conflict with the affidavits and depositions of staff filed by Defendants." LINK (link strangely gives blank page but select View Source, and text is there..)

Antemortem means they were feeding upon her body while she was still alive..

:bump2::bump2::bump2::bump2::bump2::bump2::bump2::bump2::goodjob: