What's new

The McPherson Issue

i'm REALLY an asshole myself taj; bible in left hand, bill of rights in my right and the star spangled banner behind

but seriously taj...

what say ye of the shrinks?

I think it is a misguided pseudo-science.

Which, by the way, is how it was viewed in every post graduate class I ever attended where the subject came up.

And which, by the way, is how I view Scientology.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Gib

Crusader
and dakota river and i are great friends also. it was DR who recruited me for staff at fcdc and as well performed the service when i married

and i left CoS in 1974 because of things which get discussed on this board

but...

i am still an auditor. what is good and true and strong and right and useful in hubbard's work is good and true and strong and right and useful...

I am happy you folks are still friends.

but, your friends don't agree with you, commander on your statement.

i am still an auditor. what is good and true and strong and right and useful in hubbard's work is good and true and strong and right and useful..

That's my take on it.

TAJ, do you agree?

Dakota River, do you agree?

aren't we all

all humans are

No I don't think so.

Real auditors are a rare breed.

I think perhaps they are born, not made.

The human technology they use is inconsequential.

It is the spiritual connection to truth that real auditors use (and I don't mean Scientology auditors)

The Commander sees aspects of it in Scientology.

The Anabaptist Jacques

Gib

Crusader
No I don't think so.

It is the spiritual connection to truth that real auditors use (and I don't mean Scientology auditors)

The Anabaptist Jacques

thus clearing the planet and making auditors on a assembly line

as hubbard tried to do

is impossible.

but, what is an auditor then?

No I don't think so.

The Anabaptist Jacques

there's much truth in this. it is the capacity for love that brings the essence of effective counseling

but jayziss! there are some awfully well refined insights into the mind and spirit in the lrh/csi imprimatur. and dakota river came up with a big one with BPC. man o man i love him for that. i came home to visit my stepfather when i was told he was dying of cancer and it's too personal to give details but i knew where there was a big chunk of BPC on his case and i gave him real big time relief when i indicated it. and i did it with an artful turn of phrase and a precisely calculated tone of voice...

Gib

Crusader
there's much truth in this. it is the capacity for love that brings the essence of effective counseling

but jayziss! there are some awfully well refined insights into the mind and spirit in the lrh/csi imprimatur. and dakota river came up with a big one with BPC. man o man i love him for that. i came home to visit my stepfather when i was told he was dying of cancer and it's too personal to give details but i knew where there was a big chunk of BPC on his case and i gave him real big time relief when i indicated it. and i did it with an artful turn of phrase and a precisely calculated tone of voice...

Thanks for relaying that story.

I give you kudos for doing that. :thumbsup:

as hubbard tried to do

is impossible.

ron articulated many bright concepts...

among them:

first go for quantity, then go for quality

i really think one should expect to make one real auditor out of thirty auditing students. but more than half of them should be good for 200 - 500 well done hrs in the chair

auditing ultimately is not a technology but an art based on a technology

and CoS SCREWS it by tethering the whole thing to it's fukkin' GI

an auditor MUST be purely about the wellbeing of the PC and NOTHING else

as hubbard tried to do

is impossible.

I would say that auditors---not Scientology auditors---are something like the Muses in reverse.

They don't inspire us, they exspire from us the things that are not ours (and I don't mean BT's)

Over the centuries witch doctors have done that.

Sophocles, Shakespeare, and the Beatles have all done that for me.

And especially Plato and Kant for me.

Others have their own auditors.

But I don't like the term auditor; it implies a mechanistic materialism.

I prefer artist, or better yet, a reverse Muse.

I haven't found the right word to describe them yet, but I know them when I see them.

The Anabaptist Jacques

I would say that auditors---not Scientology auditors---are something like the Muses in reverse.

They don't inspire us, they exspire from us the things that are not ours (and I don't mean BT's)

Over the centuries witch doctors have done that.

Sophocles, Shakespeare, and the Beatles have all done that for me.

And especially Plato and Kant for me.

Others have their own auditors.

But I don't like the term auditor; it implies a mechanistic materialism.

I prefer artist, or better yet, a reverse Muse.

I haven't found the right word to describe them yet, but I know them when I see them.

The Anabaptist Jacques

if someone is a real auditor it will show...

like jill hoffman

i had a strange thing happen in session once. i was auditing right along up in the boiler room and suddenly for about three seconds i was over the english channel in the pilot's seat of a B-17...

so i went and volunteered an exam over it and wiz read the exam and c/sed me for an int rd. i go in session with jill (my god! what a gorgeous woman!) and it didn't read. so she didn't run it. she turns in my folder, wiz grabs it, gives her sort of a dirty look (he was a bit of a mysogynistic nazi little prick along with being a right stellar being) and takes me in session, doesn't bother to see if int reads and just runs it. and i "ep'd" with a good exam but i actually felt a little weird after what was almost certainly a wrong action

so...

after splitting fcdc, the next time i see jill is when craig and barb waters get nozzie and uncle sam and a bunch of us together up in the perkiomen valley. and kathie and i were there and nozzie walks in with jill and instead of saying "hi" jill says "that int didn't read!"

it was soooooo beautiful! so much was carried in her voice, just that deep intense camaraderie and mutual respect that auditors can have. and to see her have that level of concern. ah hell... you might have some appreciation for what i'm saying but it's a you not only had to be there you had to be us kind of thing

but yeah, i'm an auditor...

it's a beingness...

in fact, it's a goddam SACRED fukkin' thing f'crissakes...

if someone is a real auditor it will show...

like jill hoffman

i had a strange thing happen in session once. i was auditing right along up in the boiler room and suddenly for about three seconds i was over the english channel in the pilot's seat of a B-17...

so i went and volunteered an exam over it and wiz read the exam and c/sed me for an int rd. i go in session with jill (my god! what a gorgeous woman!) and it didn't read. so she didn't run it. she turns in my folder, wiz grabs it, gives her sort of a dirty look (he was a bit of a mysogynistic nazi little prick along with being a right stellar being) and takes me in session, doesn't bother to see if int reads and just runs it. and i "ep'd" with a good exam but i actually felt a little weird after what was almost certainly a wrong action

so...

after splitting fcdc, the next time i see jill is when craig and barb waters get nozzie and uncle sam and a bunch of us together up in the perkiomen valley

I want to be there for that!

The Anabaptist Jacques

Got it.

Only true auditors can really C/S other auditors.

I can picture Jill saying that.

The Anabaptist Jacques

you can picture her

but ohh...

the exact tone and expression...

OMG!!

the heart that was in that...

THAT!!!

is what we are!

god in heaven!

the turbulence of this world can turn us into...

well...

ask nozzie about his divorce sometime...

better yet, don't.

but no...

that moment is true essence of a friend we all once shared

you can picture her

but ohh...

the exact tone and expression...

OMG!!

the heart that was in that...

THAT!!!

is what we are!

god in heaven!

the turbulence of this world can turn us into...

well...

ask nozzie about his divorce sometime...

better yet, don't.

but no...

that moment is true essence of a friend we all once shared

I truly envy you.

the Anabaptist Jacques