What's new

The *New Lurkers Guide* to ESMB

me myself & i

Patron Meritorious
Ok, so I confess this is a work in progress. Um-k? lol. (I love southpark).

It occurs to me Message-Board Internet-Lurkers have rights. Kind of like Constitutional Rights, of some internet sort, or type, or kind, or other.

So, since nobody else has seemed to find the balls to post those lurkers rights, I figure it is my God/Ron given duty to do so. Starting with the ESMB, and finishing with the whole wide world (of the internet variety).

Without any further ado then, let us begin. Think Constitution.

#1. Lurkers have a right to *know how to know* what they are. And where they came from. And why they are here. And where they are going.

#2. Internet Lurkers have a right to know Who, on any particular scientology message board, are Real scientologists, or Fake scientologists, or Partially Real and partially Fake scientologists! As well as all the other potential combination's of being (where Scientology is concerned). Which right is right up there with the right to breathe. So to speak.

In our next post we shall bring to light such categorizations (via personages) of such characters on the ESMB board. After years & years of painstaking research (akin to discovering fire) we have single handedly discovered 4 basic-basic Scientological categories (i.e. or via personages).

Which are as follows:

#1. Real Scientologists that pretend to not exist, as being real Scientologists.
#2. Real Scientologists that are not aware, of being real Scientologists.
#3. Real Scientologists that wish, they were not real Scientologists.
#4. Real Scientologists that are real, Scientologists.

The last group is nearing extinction, by the way. Notwithstanding Marty's single handed admirable efforts.

More to follow...

lol.

mm&i

... #2. Internet Lurkers have a right to know Who, on any particular scientology message board, are Real scientologists, or Fake scientologists, or Partially Real and partially Fake scientologists! As well as all the other potential combination's of being (where Scientology is concerned). Which right is right up there with the right to breathe. So to speak.

In our next post we shall bring to light such categorizations (via personages) of such characters on the ESMB board. ...

As if you know. :eyeroll:

Careful you don't violate Emma's rules concerning intentionally insulting other participants on the board. :naughty:

Mark A. Baker

me myself & i

Patron Meritorious
As if you know. :eyeroll:

Careful you don't violate Emma's rules concerning intentionally insulting other participants on the board. :naughty:

Mark A. Baker

Thanks Mark. I get that. Perhaps I'm just in a (passing) mood to stir up shit when I probably ought naught be.

This thread will die of its own accord if it has no worthiness of being.

So be it.

mm&i

ps. I tend to love ex-scientologists more than any other ex-es of any other religion in the world.

color me wounded.

LongTimeGone

Silver Meritorious Patron
Thanks Mark. I get that. Perhaps I'm just in a (passing) mood to stir up shit when I probably ought naught be.

This thread will die of its own accord if it has no worthiness of being.

So be it.

mm&i

ps. I tend to love ex-scientologists more than any other ex-es of any other religion in the world.

color me wounded.

Hey, go for it.

It might help to clear up a few mysteries for me at least.

LTG

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Personally, I don't feel that the lurkers to a message board have any real rights at all. It's not like they have *earned* such by their contribution to the action. It could be argued that by lending their eyeballs — or at least their clicks — to the tallying doodads on the board (Christina Ricci thread, for example) they are contributing something, but it is kinda nebulous.

Now, I'm not trying to put down lurking. There are several sites and message boards I lurk around, nothing to do with Scn or related subjects, but I don't feel that I have any rights whatsoever with regard to them and if the owners were to close them to me tomorrow I don't feel that I would have any basis to complain.

Paul

Gadfly

Crusader
Rights? On the Internet? For lurkers?

Man, somebody has way TOO MUCH time on his or her hands. You actually daydream about such things?

Shall we form a committee and create a "constitution" and ENFORCE it on everyone (or else)?

Pretty soon the lawyers will jump on it and will be suing each other for "offending" top posters on some discussion board!

Discussion boards are free-for-alls, pretty much (except in crazy intensely monitored discussion areas, which it seems DO HAVE SOME SORT OF NUTTY ARBITRARY RULES).

Lawdy, it is liberalism gone insane! Rights for everybody about anything! :omg:

+++++++++

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

It occurs to me Message-Board Internet-Lurkers have rights. Kind of like Constitutional Rights, of some internet sort, or type, or kind, or other.

So, since nobody else has seemed to find the balls to post those lurkers rights, I figure it is my God/Ron given duty to do so. Starting with the ESMB, and finishing with the whole wide world (of the internet variety).

#1. Lurkers have a right to *know how to know* what they are. And where they came from. And why they are here. And where they are going.

#2. Internet Lurkers have a right to know Who, on any particular scientology message board, are Real scientologists, or Fake scientologists, or Partially Real and partially Fake scientologists! As well as all the other potential combination's of being (where Scientology is concerned). Which right is right up there with the right to breathe. So to speak.

In our next post we shall bring to light such categorizations (via personages) of such characters on the ESMB board. After years & years of painstaking research (akin to discovering fire) we have single handedly discovered 4 basic-basic Scientological categories (i.e. or via personages).

Which are as follows:

#1. Real Scientologists that pretend to not exist, as being real Scientologists.

The last group is nearing extinction, by the way. Notwithstanding Marty's single handed admirable efforts.

More to follow...

lol.

mm&i

I get you mm&i. You are a funny bunny. :D

Ah...but that is the delight of lurkerdom - figuring out who is who and which is which. That right is one that is free for any lurker anywhere, it doesn't need to be stated.

I really like this:

Some new lurkers need to hear scientologese in order to have a starting point. The language feels safe and familiar. However the replies to scientologese posts most often are in normal english and therefore allow the beginning of the new awareness needed to stand back from the trap of the jargon and the bubble. Not using the jargon is the biggest breakthrough an ex can have, in a way, as without the quick and easy 'word', one must attempt to actually describe some feeling/event/issue that may not exist in the normal world.

So is it not a beautiful thing that all such variations of peoples can read here and post here and begin the journey to a saner life? The rights of a lurker are the rights of freedom. As well you know. :)

me myself & i

Patron Meritorious
Personally, I don't feel that the lurkers to a message board have any real rights at all. It's not like they have *earned* such by their contribution to the action. It could be argued that by lending their eyeballs — or at least their clicks — to the tallying doodads on the board (Christina Ricci thread, for example) they are contributing something, but it is kinda nebulous.

Now, I'm not trying to put down lurking. There are several sites and message boards I lurk around, nothing to do with Scn or related subjects, but I don't feel that I have any rights whatsoever with regard to them and if the owners were to close them to me tomorrow I don't feel that I would have any basis to complain.

Paul

Agreed.

The deeper thought underneath this thread, for me, is the idea that scientologists by and large, tend to be unable to distinguish reality from fantasy, until they escape the clutch's of the CofS, or of Hubbard, or of Miscaviage, or of Rathbun, et al.

You sir, are a rarity in my world. In a good way.

Let us carry on. Lol.

mm&i

Mystic

Crusader

Which are as follows:

More to follow...

lol.

mm&i

This posting is pure genius. Listen up, Marty!

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
:idea: Can you add to your original post that there are Ex Scientologists here, too?
I, for one, don't want to feel left out :sadwave:

:idea: Can you add to your original post that there are Ex Scientologists here, too?
I, for one, don't want to feel left out :sadwave:

According to the board definition, AM, and excepting the 'never been ins' & lurking 'currently in good standing', the rest of us are ALL ex's whatsoever may be our individual attitudes about specific aspects of the subject.

Mark A. Baker

DoneDeal

Patron Meritorious

mm&i

What is a lurker?

DoneDeal

Patron Meritorious
oh. Can't really think with that definition.

I think the original poster should state his definition.