What's new

The Old Man Died Like Simon Bolivar. How'd that happen?

outlawgal

Patron
He was alone, out in the desert in a small trailer. The last photo of him is heart-breaking. Autopsy found anti-psychotic drugs in his blood. That means he must have been really scared. No one deserves to die like that. It was his worst fear to die like that, right? His biggest hero was Simon Bolivar. He tried to live like that, and bam—he died like that.

I know, I know, we really do tend to pull in what we resist. But how did it happen, does anyone know? I've read conflicting stories. Did he just up and say he wanted to go out into the desert and be all alone and uncomfortable with no one to take care of him? Did someone talk him into it? What could they have said that might convince him to become his worst nightmare. --- I don't intend anything in this post to be snarky. Whatever else he was, his death was tragic and I feel bad for him. If you have an opinion or a fact, I sure would like some help in figuring this one out. Thank you.

outlaw

xenusdad

Patron with Honors
He was alone, out in the desert in a small trailer. The last photo of him is heart-breaking. Autopsy found anti-psychotic drugs in his blood. That means he must have been really scared. No one deserves to die like that. It was his worst fear to die like that, right? His biggest hero was Simon Bolivar. He tried to live like that, and bam—he died like that.

I know, I know, we really do tend to pull in what we resist. But how did it happen, does anyone know? I've read conflicting stories. Did he just up and say he wanted to go out into the desert and be all alone and uncomfortable with no one to take care of him? Did someone talk him into it? What could they have said that might convince him to become his worst nightmare. --- I don't intend anything in this post to be snarky. Whatever else he was, his death was tragic and I feel bad for him. If you have an opinion or a fact, I sure would like some help in figuring this one out. Thank you.

outlaw

You really do need to lurk moar, really.

Veda

Sponsor
He was alone, out in the desert in a small trailer.

Well, a (1980s money) 250,000 dollar Bluebird motorhome isn't exactly a small trailer. Plus a large permanent home was under construction on the same large area of land in San Luis Obispo and, as I understand it, was almost complete at the time of his death. San Luis Obispo is not in the desert.

The last photo of him is heart-breaking.

When was that photo taken? As far as I know, the last (available) photo was of a well-groomed Hubbard wearing a black pea coat and standing, talking, before a group of Sea Org members. This was in 1980.

There are two (perhaps more) photos of a disheveled-appearing Hubbard from around 1973, when he was hiding out in Queens, New York. Are you by any chance thinking of those photos?

Autopsy found anti-psychotic drugs in his blood. That means he must have been really scared. No one deserves to die like that. It was his worst fear to die like that, right? His biggest hero was Simon Bolivar. He tried to live like that, and bam—he died like that.

outlaw

Hubbard had several full time personal servants and attendants, and a personal physician.

Besides his fraudulent selling of the "Bridge to Total Freedom," Hubbard, in the 1960s and 1970s, had ordered the Fair Gaming (trick, sue to harass and ruin, lie to, lie about, destroy) of people, some of whom, when evidence of this became available, thought perhaps he should be held accountable for it, by being required to appear before a judge and answer questions - that sort of thing.

Hubbard didn't like the idea of being accountable for his actions. He even let his own wife go to prison in his place. Not exactly heroic.

---------- Post added at 10:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 AM ----------

Last edited:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

The last photo of him is heart-breaking.

Agreed!

Chimp_Typewriter-732157-01.jpg

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
obvious troll is obvious

Troll ?

Let me see, was he or was he not alone curles in in the bluebirdmotorhome when he croaked?

Did or did not the cornor find Vistrol in his blood ?

Look up it and see what it is used for - I didn't sign on to educate you - LOL !

The old man was a fraud and a crook. What he sold to others never worked on him so he got old, fat, and had a stroke.

Look up what the psych Vistrol is used for. LRH spent years and years railing against psychs and look at the end what he turned to : psych drugs.

You do not see the humor in that ? Funny. He was so freaked he had to be shot up with that and.

His " dear close friends " were where? Up in Reno gambling with is ill gotten money ?

Face the facts, the old boy died alone in bad shape.

He did his followers no favors.

outlawgal

Patron
Thanks all for the responses, clarifications and corrections. I'll follow up on the URLs & leads you all gave me. So grateful.
xo
outlaw

Operating DB

Truman Show Dropout
I once had a prescription for Hydroxyzine for an itching problem. It did well in handling it. I also discovered it was a great sleeping aid. For me it seemed a pretty effective and mild, innocent drug with no side effects. (I'm not trying to defend LRH's use of it. I still and always will hate his guts forever here on out.)

I once had a prescription for Hydroxyzine for an itching problem. It did well in handling it. I also discovered it was a great sleeping aid. For me it seemed a pretty effective and mild, innocent drug with no side effects. (I'm not trying to defend LRH's use of it. I still and always will hate his guts forever here on out.)

Neuarologists and doctors do prescribe drugs for stroke victims that are also prescribed by psychiatrists for other reasons.

He probably got the prescription for the stroke.

But what's the big surprise?

I know of a lot of Scientologists that die alone.

Their friends scatter to avoid being near someone who is PTS.

The Anabaptist Jacques

outlaw

He lived as a paranoid schizophrenic who somehow managed to create an enabling organization to support him and keep him from having to face reality. In the organization he did not need to retreat (he would call it "individuating") from people as some paranoid schizophrenics tend to do - he did it by kicking people out, declaring them, banishing them. But the real world never went away. He could not declare humanity "SP" and banish them,but he vitually did that as well, and in order not to be left in oblivion by this, he offered to save the world. Well, actually demanded that the world follow the orders of a paranoid schizophrenic. The world said "no", of course. Meltdown followed, or had been following for a long time. Reality was still there when he left. He still couldn't deal with it.

Boojuum

Silver Meritorious Patron
He lived as a paranoid schizophrenic who somehow managed to create an enabling organization to support him and keep him from having to face reality. In the organization he did not need to retreat (he would call it "individuating") from people as some paranoid schizophrenics tend to do - he did it by kicking people out, declaring them, banishing them. But the real world never went away. He could not declare humanity "SP" and banish them,but he vitually did that as well, and in order not to be left in oblivion by this, he offered to save the world. Well, actually demanded that the world follow the orders of a paranoid schizophrenic. The world said "no", of course. Meltdown followed, or had been following for a long time. Reality was still there when he left. He still couldn't deal with it.

:clap:

Peter Soderqvist

Patron with Honors

Soderqvist1: Vistaril is the mother-compound to our modern neuroleptics we have today. Read the Swedish Senior Psychiatrist Ulf Brettstam's answer!
http://www.xenu.net/archive/free_speech/200603-vistaril.html

Last edited:

Jachs

Gold Meritorious Patron
http://english.ruvr.ru/2011/12/18/62423251.html

Chavez exhibits new sarcophagus for Bolivar remains
Tags: News

Dec 18, 2011 06:45 Moscow Time

The new sarcophagus for the remains of South American national hero Simon Bolivar has been presented before the Venezuelan people by President Hugo Chavez. It was decided to make the coffin following the exhumation of Bolivar to determine whether he died from a disease or was the victim of conspiracy.

Experts identified Bolivar, after analyzing a few samples of DNA taken from his deceased relatives. However, they still have not answered the question about the cause of death. The new sarcophagus, set out in the National Pantheon, is made of mahogany and decorated with pearls and gold. All materials were obtained in Venezuela.

At the ceremony, Chavez recalled the general’s merits to his country and descendants. "He shall live on in all of us, as if he were alive," - said the president. (RIAN)

phénix

Patron with Honors
I know as a fact that Hubbard had a series of strokes before he died, and finally one last..

So I guess that was what Vistaril was for, but I'm not sure...

But the important point is that he did not just decide to leave his body, he had several strokes and so that means that he did't control what was happening with his body, and so all the OT stuff where they supposedly control there body and so forth doesn't make sense, ... Hubbard was doing research on the top OT levels, yet he didn't control his own death and was the victim of his own body..seems like he was just a man like any other, no special powers...

Starting from there you can just ask yourself about his entire bridge and its efficiency...

Div6

Crusader
I associate it more with Howard Hughes than Bolivar. Both had protracted battles with the IRS, were isolated in their later years, had attempts to forge their wills, and ultimately "did it their way".

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Howard_Hughes

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
Did you ever hear the now hard to find report that he died screaming at 'clusters', meaning 'thetans' that had bound together and were operating as one?

I find it interesting that the former members of this cult, which was all about spiritual beings existing, hardly ever consider any sort of possession or harassment by entities as the possible cause of the ol' man's freaky-ness, but instead indulge in endless speculation limited to psychological or ethical maladies only.

Laffy had a very fine 'Ruach' or what the Rondroids think of as the 'Analytical Mind'. He was indisputably a genius in his own right. That was obviously not his problem. His problem was a little higher, I suspect.

I still maintain that the e-meter, as used in solo auditing, was performing a function quite similar to a Ouija board. Per the tech! It just wasn't as good for the culties as they were told.

Think about this; the tech pretty much taught that communicating with anyone, incarnate or not, was the way to get more 'reality' or 'affinity' with them, and therefore establishing a closer connection. The idea that you do that to get them to 'cognite' and go away runs counter to that. They don't do that to the embodied beings they don't want to have influencing them, do they? They do the opposite; they cut communication totally. So, why does the higher level tech consist mainly of 'auditing out' undesirable entities?

What if that has the opposite effect, and instead opens one up to influence by outside forces?

And what if the life of L. Ron Hubbard reflects the results of that 'process'?