What's new

The Only 9/11 Charity Donald Trump Has Ever Given Money To Is A Scientology One

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
According To IRS Filings, The Only 9/11 Charity Donald J. Trump Has Ever Given Money To Is A Scientology One.

Weasel Zippers: According to IRS Filings, The Only 9/11 Charity Donald J. Trump Has Ever Given Money To Is A Scientology One

http://www.weaselzippers.us/251702-...has-ever-given-money-to-is-a-scientology-one/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCERPT * * * * *

Via Smoking Gun:

Since 2001, the Trump foundation’s tax returns contain a single donation that is identifiable with a 9/11 charity. In 2006, Trump gave $1000 to a controversial Scientology program that administered treatment to firemen who inhaled toxins while working on the World Trade Center pile. The New York Rescue Workers Detoxification Fund, co-founded by actor Tom Cruise, relied on a “Purification Rundown” invented by L. Ron Hubbard, the crackpot founder of Scientology.

In recent campaign interviews, Trump–who has long delighted in viciously denigrating opponents and critics–has sought to portray himself as a candidate who cares.

Keep reading…

* * * * * END EXCERPT * * * * *

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'd sure like it if someone in the media asked him about this, although I suspect he was completely unaware that the 'New York Rescue Worker's Detoxification Fund" is a Scientology Front Group.

Something tells me that Trump is not enamored with scientology; just a guess.

OutToe83

Patron with Honors
I would love to know what "treatment" was given to those First Responders who inhaled toxins on 9/11. Massive doses of niacin, perhaps? Or Dianetic auditing?

I wonder how much, total, the "New York Rescue Workers Detoxification Fund" collected? I wonder if any accounting of that money was ever made? That last question is sarcasm, of course. Just about everybody here knows where most of that money went, and it had nothing to do with any real aid to the 9/11 First Responder heroes. Has any journalist made a documentary focusing on $cn front groups collecting money intended (by donors) to go to a specific disaster relief, and diverting it to we-all-know-where?

Churchill

Gold Meritorious Patron
I would love to know what "treatment" was given to those First Responders who inhaled toxins on 9/11. Massive doses of niacin, perhaps? Or Dianetic auditing?

I wonder how much, total, the "New York Rescue Workers Detoxification Fund" collected? I wonder if any accounting of that money was ever made? That last question is sarcasm, of course. Just about everybody here knows where most of that money went, and it had nothing to do with any real aid to the 9/11 First Responder heroes. Has any journalist made a documentary focusing on $cn front groups collecting money intended (by donors) to go to a specific disaster relief, and diverting it to we-all-know-where?

1. The usual sauna and vitamin quackery.

2. Maybe Alex Gibney will; wouldn't that be nice.

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Wonder if the #NeverTrump PAC Knows About Donald Trump’s Post-9/11 Gift to a Scientology-Adjacent Charity.

Gawker: Wonder if the #NeverTrump PAC Knows About Donald Trump’s Post-9/11 Gift to a Scientology-Adjacent Charity

http://gawker.com/wonder-if-the-nevertrump-pac-knows-about-donald-trump-1770770813

Wonder if the #NeverTrump PAC Knows About Donald Trump’s Post-9/11 Gift to a Scientology-Adjacent Charity

Brendan O'Connor

Today 3:40pm

Filed to: THE REAL DONALD TRUMP

On Tuesday, the #NeverTrump PAC posted an attack ad on Youtube accusing Donald Trump of stealing $150,000 of taxpayer money intended to help small businesses recover from the September 11, 2001, terror attacks. The ad is pretty much correct, but didn’t mention Trump’s other, weirder post-9/11 financial activity: a $1,000 donation to the New York Rescue Workers Detoxification Fund, which was co-founded by Tom Cruise and offered firefighters a treatment program designed by the founder of Scientology, L. Ron Hubbard. Here’s how it all went down.

Indeed, as it happened, Trump had nothing to do with rebuilding the World Trade Center. But around the time that construction began on the project, the Donald J. Trump Foundation—the charitable organization of which Trump is president—finally did take action, according to The Smoking Gun: it made its first and only charitable contribution to any group dedicated to ameliorating the suffering of 9/11 victims in 2006. The foundation donated $1,000 to the New York Rescue Workers Detoxification Fund, which, according to a 2004 Slate article, “purports to ‘flush’ poisons from the body’s fat stores using an intensive regimen of jogging, oil ingestion, sauna, and high doses of vitamins, particularly niacin.”

Youtube video referred to in the article:

[video=youtube;uipgwoCZZC8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uipgwoCZZC8[/video]

ethercat

Cat in flight
So basically, Trump was taken in by the same organization that has taken in countless others who fell for scientology, Narconon, WISE, CCHR, etc., etc., etc., including probably over half the members on this board?

Difference being, he was rooked out of $1000, while others were cheated out of their life savings, properties, possessions, and, for some, their actual lives?

Edit: Oh, and let's not forget the people, some were cheated of their families and friends, too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Rescue_Workers_Detoxification_Project

Last edited:

ethercat

Cat in flight
According to the Wikipedia article, Downtown Medical, which was the scam storefront where the program was delivered, took in $2.3 million by late 2004. They claimed to have "helped" 838 people by October 2007.

(whispering: Sheila, I think OutToe83 was referring specifically to the money that went to the "New York Rescue Workers Detoxification Fund".)

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
I wonder how the $cientology front group managed to at last get a miserable 1,000$ out of his fortune :biggrin: (ensuring they are uncovered as being a $cientology front group)

They must have [STRIKE]regged[/STRIKE] stalked him for days so he finally gave up and signed a check :biggrin: instead of giving a substantial funding so they can use him as a supporter and spokesperson for the organization ......

Well, 1,000$ from him is certainly less than a penny out of my own fortune
They shall have been insulted... :grouch:

an epic unprecedented order of magnitude
of stinginess :dieslaughing:

Man is basically good ! :coolwink:

Last edited:

oneonewasaracecar

Gold Meritorious Patron
I'd sure like it if someone in the media asked him about this, although I suspect he was completely unaware that the 'New York Rescue Worker's Detoxification Fund" is a Scientology Front Group.

Something tells me that Trump is not enamored with scientology; just a guess.

You are likely right. If this had been pointed out to him at the time, that's one thing. To point it out during a campaign strikes me as a smear.

Churchill is right in that they did the purif. I seem to remember they also did the purple ooze trick. What I think they do is starch the towels and use soap with iodine so it goes purple.

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron
From a 2007 article:

People who do have medical degrees, people not associated with Downtown Medical, were extremely harsh in their comments. One physician called the purification rundown "at best 'snake oil' quackery." Another said it's likely "a load of nonsense." However, one physician, who asked to remain anonymous, said that he would be willing to accept the program as legitimate medicine if valid research was conducted and the resulting data supported the project. But today that data does not exist, and the purification rundown does not work.

"It's nice to have sauna treatments," said the doctor, "but I don't believe any science exists to support this."

"That's a disgrace," said Vallone when informed of the total amount of government funding that Downtown Medical has taken in over the years. This week, Vallone sent a letter to John Carmichael, president of New York's branch of the Church, declaring that he has concerns about Scientology's "troubling history" and adding that the Church should fund Downtown Medical if it so believes in the project, not the taxpayers. That lack of science should also mean a lack of government funding, he said, and he's hopeful his colleagues will come around. "No responsible elected official would ever back this," said Vallone. "We should not be conferring legitimacy on a cult."

- See more at: http://www.nypress.com/the-rundown-on-scientologys-purification-rundown/#sthash.BCP2dzNK.dpuf

Last edited: