What's new

The only reason I showed up

Escalus

Patron Meritorious
was that they found me and tried to reg me after all this time.

And every day mailings and once in a while a phone call. And six days ago I sent them a letter saying - this is my second request to be taken off your mailing list, and if you ignore this I'm going to assume you are looking for a discussion, and I will consider it my duty to talk or write anyone I come in contact with to come out of your cult. I asked several questions ranging from why Hubbard's official service record doesn't jibe with his claimed service record, to why is it no one has yet been able to prove there even is such a thing as an engram. I also included a copy of that famous photo of Hubbard with his fat ass at a typewriter and his hair hanging down to his shoulders like some kind of 70's-style old fuck trying to pass himself off as somebody hot for disco babes.

I finished by saying I look forward to our discussions, but if you stop - I stop.

OK.

It has now been five days since I got anything in the mail from these bastards. And, if I have been taken off their list, and get nothing more, I'll have accomplished all I wanted.

So... if they comply like that, then what do I do?

Escalus

Patron Meritorious
But what I'm saying is, I've gotten involved with... well.. some other stuff. See? But all I wanted was to be left alone. I'm at an ethical nexus...

Escalus

Patron Meritorious
...squat (to finish for Zinj).:thumbsup:

Bea I have to tell you - you ex-kids have opened my eyes. I mean I thought I had it bad just having somebody call me on the phone. You guys are, like, I can't even begin to fathom what you've all been through. It's heart breaking, and I'm a JERK so it must have been! :coolwink:

Then I've educated myself on Lerma and Bunker and Tory and all that... and yeah I'd love nothing better than to see the whole rotten edifice come tumbling down, but if they do what I ask...

See?

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
But what I'm saying is, I've gotten involved with... well.. some other stuff. See? But all I wanted was to be left alone. I'm at an ethical nexus...

So, your original 'entrance' was a form of retaliation/coercion. It's hard to feel too sorry for the 'Church' :) Now you dont need that excuse, so, you get to drop it.

In the meantime, you've discovered the pleasure of discussion and communication, and, as we well know, Scientology thinks communication is wonderful :)

So, if you feel like discussing and communicating, have at it :)

Zinj

Ladybird

Silver Meritorious Patron
Bea I have to tell you - you ex-kids have opened my eyes. I mean I thought I had it bad just having somebody call me on the phone. You guys are, like, I can't even begin to fathom what you've all been through. It's heart breaking, and I'm a JERK so it must have been! :coolwink:

Then I've educated myself on Lerma and Bunker and Tory and all that... and yeah I'd love nothing better than to see the whole rotten edifice come tumbling down, but if they do what I ask...

See?

Had they left you alone, you would not have seen or cared.

The question you might ask yourself is; "Now that I have seen, do I care?"

Bea Kiddo

Crusader

See?

(thank you....)

It's only a matter of time before they come back....

dundundundundundun (Jaws music....)

Pliny Younger

Patron with Honors
So... if they comply like that, then what do I do?

Then I suggest you then have some cake.

Maybe even a cupcake.

Bea I have to tell you - you ex-kids have opened my eyes. I mean I thought I had it bad just having somebody call me on the phone. You guys are, like, I can't even begin to fathom what you've all been through. It's heart breaking, and I'm a JERK so it must have been!

I know what you are saying, After reading all of the stories from those in the SO and those born into scn (they really touched me), I'm kinda feeling like i have no complaints when I compare that to my time in SCN.

Curiosity

Patron with Honors
The thing is, you have to deal with the church on a gradient. You begin by telling them an acceptable truth, like "You stop, and I'll stop..." :whistling:

Don't give up hope yet; the mail is slow sometimes. Have faith. :thumbsup:

In the end, you have to be true to yourself. If you have to rationalize something to the point that it's like pulling taffy just so that it quits squirming in your gut, it's something you shouldn't do. :wink2:
I hope that you can find a way to remain in the fight without violating yourself, though. Besides, I like your posts. :)

grundy

Gold Meritorious Patron
COMPLETELY off topic here ...

... but how do you pronounce your sn?

My sister said "ES cul is" - I said "es CAL is" - what is right? lol:confused2:

Mine is "GRUN dee" :yes: not "GROON dee" :no:

My sister's is "ma REE" :thumbsup:

lol

(Sorry some light humor there)

Escalus

Patron Meritorious
Thanks all, we'll see what happens.

Grundy - your sister is correct. Escalus is a character in Measure for Measure...

sandygirl

Quote by Bea:
It's only a matter of time before they come back....

dundundundundundun (Jaws music....)

It has been over 2 years since I left. I am still constantly harrassed although it has lessened. Does anyone in the chuch get it? If someone is not interested in being associated with them why keep asking?

It's like a bad breakup with a scary stalker.........:nervous: :nervous: :nervous:

grundy

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks all, we'll see what happens.

Grundy - your sister is correct. Escalus is a character in Measure for Measure...

I feel soooo stupid now...:melodramatic:

Just kidding. Thanks for that. I hate getting names wrong.

uncle sam

Nothing like your mother's love and pappa's help to get you a good start in life. And then you find yourself in the SEA ORG- may God have mercy on their souls. Because I hope the law of the land puts them and their kind behind bars in the worse prisons.