ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

'The Path' Creator Refutes Scientology Comparisons

Discussion in 'Movies, Plays, and Documentaries about Scientology' started by Anonycat, Jan 10, 2016.

1. Mosay

Mosay Patron

I'd imagine this is a step they took to avoid harrassment by Scio over it, and a step I can understand if that's the case.

Just watched all the first season, what a fantastic, immersive, riveting show! The world of Scientology is quite obvious throughout, most of which has already been explained here but I do wonder if the writers understood the significance of the scene where father and son buy and eat 'clam rolls' at the pier. :p

I found Sarah's character fascinating to watch, evolving through the show. A very engaging performance, and I feel she showed a true OSA character at several points, which was one of thw 'wow' moments for someone with knowledge of the real deal.

With Aaron Paul also listed as Exec Producer, I wonder if his interest in the topic goes beyond just TV or if he is simply building experience in production duties for the future.

That ending! I hope we get a second season.

2. Knows

Knows Gold Meritorious Patron

I am watching it. It has a lot of similarities to Scientology so I say they used some of the stuff from the cult of Sciobots.

It could be so much better had they asked me for some drama - a little boring and slow.

3. Mosay

Mosay Patron

I don't know how far in you are but my friend, there is drama a'coming!