The Perfect Recruit

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
The Perfect Recruit.

Back in the day before Gold was outed, staff had a sense that LRH was near PAC. This might have been from a combination of leaks or a general sense for CMO body traffic. There were several occasions where I had extremely brief personal one-on-one encounters with this little blond guy who I knew was part of the network, but I never knew his name. Now anyone who has followed my ESMB posts knows that I have been far removed from any of this for decades. I had never even watched the LRH Death Briefing video until about a week ago.

But here I am trudging through all this material and I start in reading about Shelly Miscavige and stumble across a picture when she was very young. I recognized her. She was with the little blond guy on one of these encounters. It clicked - that was young David Miscavige. Shelly had laughed at me. It was clearly a denigration, but I got how this worked - it wasn't her real nature. She was with him.

The point of all this is that after all these decades I clearly remember a few inconsequential run-ins with a nameless person because they were so "off". I had known my share of senior execs and just because they were slave-drivers didn't mean they had a seriously disturbing vibe. In fact, I felt many were focused and supportive. There were lots of people who had personality quirks and a select few of those may have pushed the envelope, but this was completely different. Within seconds I had made an indelible mental note, "This one is not like the rest", and for all the more significant things I have forgotten, these moments I remember like yesterday.

So here is the thing. If I got this guy's number instantly why didn't everyone else and especially LRH? For all his great insight into human nature did he not see this,….. or was this in fact the very quality he most wanted and related to in his trusted entourage?

When things got crazy did people who had worked closely with DM for years actually think it was just a passing phase?

I can only think of one very good reason to stay under this guy's thumb - that would be to remain as a last vestige of hope for someone I cared about dearly who was still stuck there, needed my help, and who would be completely alone if I left.

JustSheila

Crusader
Big Blue, L Ron apparently had no insight of any kind into any individual. He was as thick as a brick and had no perception of others' emotions, perhaps because his own (if he had any beyond personal indulgence, satisfaction and desires for personal wealth and fame) were so hidden and distorted.

He reportedly believed any report of wrongdoing by others but was oblivious of many things going on right under his nose. He lost the early Dn groups, remember? Wichita, etc, but was known to believe the worst of the most trustworthy, honest people.

DM cut him off from people who were loyal to him to death by convincing him that these people were not trustworthy.

DM learned how to manipulate him and did so. Though it's difficult to see L Ron as a victim, there is always a bigger bully to take out the old bully, isn't there?

[video=youtube;odkIEDi2x0g]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=odkIEDi2x0g[/video]

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Big Blue, L Ron apparently had no insight of any kind into any individual. He was as thick as a brick and had no perception of others' emotions, perhaps because his own (if he had any beyond personal indulgence, satisfaction and desires for personal wealth and fame) were so hidden and distorted.

He reportedly believed any report of wrongdoing by others but was oblivious of many things going on right under his nose. He lost the early Dn groups, remember? Wichita, etc, but was known to believe the worst of the most trustworthy, honest people.

DM cut him off from people who were loyal to him to death by convincing him that these people were not trustworthy.

DM learned how to manipulate him and did so. Though it's difficult to see L Ron as a victim, there is always a bigger bully to take out the old bully, isn't there?

This does seem to be the real unfolding back-story doesn't it? And we can now ad another book/movie to our list of possible "What Up, Tiger Lily" parodies:

"The Lord of the Rings - The Two Towers" - Agent of an unseen dark force, Grima Wormtongue, counselor to a demented king in decline manipulates the king's family and empire into a hellish nightmare by turning the king and trusted knights against each other.

Grima Wormtongue.jpg

"Did you end-cycle?" DM
(LRH Memorial)