What's new

The Perils of Starting a 2D in an Org

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
Thanks for telling your story.

The thing about scientology relationships, "2Ds", is they can get terribly complicated.

That is because there is always an invisible other party to the connection - scientology. It's never just about two people ...

onthepes

Patron with Honors
Take Scientology out of the equation, and sounds like a normal garden-variety 2-D experience...thank your lucky stars someone was sane enough to help you out.....that is a rarity these days.

[video=youtube;auDv6cf2PBM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=auDv6cf2PBM[/video]

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I have to say something. If I thought this was a normal garden variety 2-D experience then I sure as hell would not entertain the idea of entering another 2-D.

Because, to me, it was not "garden variety", I still like the idea of a 2-D.

And yes, I was grateful for someone sane enough.

To everyone else, thanks for your comments. It is really nice of you. For me, this relationship was like my first job at Coles Supermarket. Which sucked a big one. "any other job after that seemed awesome". I feel the same way about this 2-d. Which is a good thing for me.

onthepes

Patron with Honors
Thanks for taking the time to respond. I have to say something. If I thought this was a normal garden variety 2-D experience then I sure as hell would not entertain the idea of entering another 2-D.

Because, to me, it was not "garden variety", I still like the idea of a 2-D.

And yes, I was grateful for someone sane enough.

To everyone else, thanks for your comments. It is really nice of you. For me, this relationship was like my first job at Coles Supermarket. Which sucked a big one. "any other job after that seemed awesome". I feel the same way about this 2-d. Which is a good thing for me.

but thanks for "Dazed and Confused", I love Led Zeppelin

ozzie

Patron with Honors
I agree with you FTS. Relationships in Scientology and the Sea org become very complicated because they aren't between two people. They are between two people AND Scientology.

And unfortunately, Scientology usually controls the relationship. One can't communicate truly and fully in a Scientology relationship for the reason of knowledge reports and ethics and O/Ws et al. Can't truly be yourself with another person for fear of ending up in ethics for some perceived overt or withold.

Kinda sucks - damn glad I'm not in a "2D" with a Scieno any more! Don't have to hide how I truly feel.:yes:

Mest Lover

Not Sea Org Qualified
Seemed like every 2d at CLO EUS was either an ethics cycle or if eventually married split by reposting the individuals at least 3000 miles apart. Helen Fink (CFD EUS) married Cary Goulston (CO SMI EUS) and within 2 weeks Helen Goulston was reposted at WUS.

Two juvinile EPFers went out 2d. The boy was sent somewhere else, the girl and her parents showed up for a cycle and she was booted out.

A CLO EUS staff girl and a missionaire went out 2d and the entire CLO EUS staff was e-metered to find out what they knew about it.

The replacement CFD CLO EUS went out 2d with an EPFer. Next thing I knew I was being ordered to stop them from blowing by chasing them down the street.

2D is something LRH couldn't stand because it took cycles away from SCN is what I figured back then.

onthepes

Patron with Honors
Seemed like every 2d at CLO EUS was either an ethics cycle or if eventually married split by reposting the individuals at least 3000 miles apart. Helen Fink (CFD EUS) married Cary Goulston (CO SMI EUS) and within 2 weeks Helen Goulston was reposted at WUS.

Two juvinile EPFers went out 2d. The boy was sent somewhere else, the girl and her parents showed up for a cycle and she was booted out.

A CLO EUS staff girl and a missionaire went out 2d and the entire CLO EUS staff was e-metered to find out what they knew about it.

The replacement CFD CLO EUS went out 2d with an EPFer. Next thing I knew I was being ordered to stop them from blowing by chasing them down the street.

2D is something LRH couldn't stand because it took cycles away from SCN is what I figured back then.

Thanks for that insight Mest Lover. That is terrible that those people would marry and then be split 2 weeks later. I know it is nice to have space but bloody hell

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hi All. It has taken me sometime to confront this one. I am sorry if it will restimulate others. I mean no harm. As you read these posts your thoughts get jogged towards incidents of your own. I was reading another post and there were details of people being "Out-2d" and these same people were putting in ethics on others on the 2nd Dynamic. Little wonder that we struggled with this area. LRH was clueless on this area, IMHO. Oh, if you want to know what a 2d is: It is slang for having a partner - "I have a new 2D". It relates to the 2nd Dynamic - the area of families, sex, relationships. So your 2d is your partner. Most would be aware of this but just in case.

My upset was massive. It has shaped who I am today, so there is a happy ending. Names will be repressed as it is fairly delicate.

It seems important that I write it. I feel like it will go a long way to an end cycle for me on the whole monstrosity that is Scientology. I will be writing this over the next few hours. Please be patient. I never got the right acknowledgement at the time in Scientology circles. Please be gentle with me on this one. I will write more over the next few hours, in between exercises and eating dinner. Thank you.

Ya know, people who feel their feelings, and share them with others, who feel their feelings, get over stuff and heal. It is a form of therapy, a form of friendship. Getting restimulated just means ya haven't felt it all down to its core yet, or shared it with other caring folks - yet.

:omg: That scno shit really is shit ! Even the seemingly good stuff ! :omg:

If ya don't feel your feelings, you will do something else - to keep 'em down. Usually that is the basis of addiction. Just so ya know. Kirstie Alley anyone? How's that for eating one's own feelings and being in la la land with the truth?

Feelings are just feelings. No matter how bad it feels, they are not going to kill you. Feel 'em. They will pass. And they come back. Feel 'em again. And again. It gets easier. And if ya need to, get professional help to do it. Feel the feelings, they pass, and you know yourself a little better, and have learned something. Go on to feel again. Some of it feels good. And there comes a time when you can smile (again).

So, onthepes, :hug: :console: And thanks - I haven't gotten past the opening post yet, but I will. :bravo: :clap:

onthepes

Patron with Honors
Ya know, people who feel their feelings, and share them with others, who feel their feelings, get over stuff and heal. It is a form of therapy, a form of friendship. Getting restimulated just means ya haven't felt it all down to its core yet, or shared it with other caring folks - yet.

:omg: That scno shit really is shit ! Even the seemingly good stuff ! :omg:

If ya don't feel your feelings, you will do something else - to keep 'em down. Usually that is the basis of addiction. Just so ya know. Kirstie Alley anyone? How's that for eating one's own feelings and being in la la land with the truth?

Feelings are just feelings. No matter how bad it feels, they are not going to kill you. Feel 'em. They will pass. And they come back. Feel 'em again. And again. It gets easier. And if ya need to, get professional help to do it. Feel the feelings, they pass, and you know yourself a little better, and have learned something. Go on to feel again. Some of it feels good. And there comes a time when you can smile (again).

So, onthepes, :hug: :console: And thanks - I haven't gotten past the opening post yet, but I will. :bravo: :clap:

Thanks Lurker. Well said. When I left Scientology I studied Buddhism for a year. I never went to a temple but I practised meditation, which I still do, and read a heap of material. But I loved the idea of observing thoughts and feelings and just observing. At the back of that was the realisation of constant change. So yes, I agree wholeheartedly that is good to feel rather than deny those feelings. Cheers

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
Hi All. It has taken me sometime to confront this one. I am sorry if it will restimulate others. I mean no harm. As you read these posts your thoughts get jogged towards incidents of your own. I was reading another upost and there were details of people being "Out-2d" and these same people were putting in ethics on others on the 2nd Dynamic. Little wonder that we struggled with this area. LRH was clueless on this area, IMHO. Oh, if you want to know what a 2d is: It is slang for having a partner - "I have a new 2D". It relates to the 2nd Dynamic - the area of families, sex, relationships. So your 2d is your partner. Most would be aware of this but just in case.

My upset was massive. It has shaped who I am today, so there is a happy ending. Names will be repressed as it is fairly delicate.

It seems important that I write it. I feel like it will go a long way to an end cycle for me on the whole monstrosity that is Scientology. I will be writing this over the next few hours. Please be patient. I never got the right acknowledgement at the time in Scientology circles. Please be gentle with me on this one. I will write more over the next few hours, in between exercises and eating dinner. Thank you.

I think it's a great topic.

When I was staff, we were told that it was out policy to go with other staffers, yet they were making it so I never had any time off. I was a slave. So when would you ever meet anyone?

Then the same mission holder started trying to matchmake a married staffer with a single one, among other things.

The problem with having a 2d while on staff is the same problem as trying to do anything when there. They lie to staff, scream at them, and treat them like shit.

onthepes

Patron with Honors
I think it's a great topic.

The problem with having a 2d while on staff is the same problem as trying to do anything when there. They lie to staff, scream at them, and treat them like shit.

Thanks Claire. True words and appreciated. The crazy thing is that I copped this before I was on staff. Then I joined later. :duh: I just took it. All of that rubbish, I thought if I copped it, it would make me a better person.

In a fashion, it did. I would never put up with the sort of shit I had in Scientology.

The biggest lesson was really understanding that concept of enduring something with the "idea" that it is better for you that you do endure in the long run. It is only an idea. Nothing more. Much time can be saved ignoring this idea.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
I didn't read much of this thread. I kept seeing " my 2D " used as the person one was involved in a relationship with. Back in the day, that got me grinding my teeth every time I heard it.

I really do understand how one can have a TERMINAL ( <-- using another one of them thar sciotolofy favorite sophoromic scientific-like words ) on their second dynamic but I neved did manage to figure out how ONE PERSON became the whole second dynamic.

Just one of those things I heard people say but never understood how one person could be that whole dynamic ( but no wonder in that bunch why relationships were so darb difficult, eh ? )

Should I have done it in clay ? :duh:

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I didn't read much of this thread. I kept seeing " my 2D " used as the person one was involved in a relationship with. Back in the day, that got me grinding my teeth every time I heard it.

I really do understand how one can have a TERMINAL ( <-- using another one of them thar sciotolofy favorite sophoromic scientific-like words ) on their second dynamic but I neved did manage to figure out how ONE PERSON became the whole second dynamic.

It's just slang. Or definition creep. It doesn't have to make sense.

It's like the difference between descriptive grammar and prescriptive grammar:

Descriptive grammar: the systematic study and description of a language. Descriptive grammar refers to the structure of a language as it is actually used by speakers and writers.

Prescriptive grammar: a set of rules and examples dealing with the syntax and word structures of a language, usually intended as an aid to the learning of that language. Prescriptive grammar refers to the structure of a language as certain people think it should be used.​

From http://grammar.about.com/od/basicsentencegrammar/f/descpresgrammar.htm

Paul

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
(snip)

The biggest thing is I am no longer that pussy. There is no way in hell I would sit in front of a lady and start bawling. I would not take the crap off anyone anymore, that I took off her. There have been many situations where someone was trying to make me wrong, to make themselves look better, and I said my peace right there and then.
My next 2d will be spectacular. I am more aware of scams.

In present time, I weigh 84 kg. That is 7kg more than I want. However it is mostly muscle and I don't have a gut. I go to the gym. I exercise most days of the week. I have been out of work for a month but I am not poor. I have a tan. I like people again. I like being on here. It's fun. I like people more.

I somehow audited an illegal pc through 250 hours of hell and personal grief.

There were things that I despised in Scientology . For all that, I have walked away a little taller. It still seems a strange way to gain height.

THANKS FOR LISTENING :love8:

That was one of my positive outcomes from being in Scn: after dealing with raving psychopaths for years, holding my ground, and surviving, I'm a bit more able to hold my ground.

Was it worth what I paid? No, but it's something.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster

More like, Scn cannot tolerate a relationship where two people may decide they are more loyal to each other than to Scn. It's completely intolerable, and they work hard to ensure that Scn is always senior to any personal relationship, or they break the relationship if they are not confident that this is the case.

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
More like, Scn cannot tolerate a relationship where two people may decide they are more loyal to each other than to Scn. It's completely intolerable, and they work hard to ensure that Scn is always senior to any personal relationship, or they break the relationship if they are not confident that this is the case.

True enough.

There were " bridge buddies " and there were life partners.

My spouse & I never ever allowed us to be split for any briefing, being sold another service, or anything else. We twinned on solo courses. We twinned on pro trs, etc, etc.

Outside of being "insession" we did it together or it didn't happen.
Our stance on that was throughly disliked.

Ever see 2 people on one "routing form" ? LOL !

We were inseparable then .... as we are now.

FoTi

Crusader
True enough.

My spouse & I never ever allowed us to be split for any briefing, being sold another service, or anything else. We twinned on solo courses. We twinned on pro trs, etc, etc.

Sweet! :love8::handinhand::love8::love2::thumbsup::cheers2:

onthepes

Patron with Honors
True enough.

Thanks Auditor's Toad. That was lovely. I love hearing people going against the grain in Scientology. It's annoying that you should even have to stand your ground. You were a couple....and still are. Funny you should say we "needed a lot of life lessons". Anything would seem simple after Scientology :duh: