ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

The Phoenix Lectures

Discussion in 'Scientology Technology' started by Clay Pigeon, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Demented Hubbatd

Demented Hubbatd Patron with Honors

I thought another Hubbard book, A History of Man, is the handbook of OT -- I was told that OT8 auditing is based on it. I read some excerpts form PL, it looks like Hubbard was ranting and raving nonstop. A History of Man is a much better presentation of the OT shit.

2. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Gold Meritorious Patron

Hubbard gave his son Nibs some amphetamines and got him to start talking. A History Of Man is what Nibs came up with. This is all well documented.

http://scientology.wikia.com/wiki/A_History_of_Man

3. screamer2

screamer2 Idiot Bastardson

I would be interested to see where the 'clear cognition' is in the book.

I cut whisky flask sized holes in most of my larger clam books before I had no further use for them and tossed them into the bin. So I don't have a copy any longer. But maybe someone who does can check.

4. Clay Pigeon

Clay Pigeon Gold Meritorious Patron

Thanks to all of you!

5. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Gold Meritorious Patron

You can get a PDF of the book here: http://www.matrixfiles.com/Scientol...?dir=COURSES+&+CHECKSHEETS/SRD+CHS+PE130580%2

6. screamer2

screamer2 Idiot Bastardson

This may be it.

The phoenix lectures book.

CHAPTER TWENTY
    THE IMPORTANCE OF TWO-WAY COMMUNICATION DURING OPENING PROCEDURE BY DUPLICATION

The fourth paragraph.

'They get used to being on the Effect side, and when they get over on the Cause side
    they say, “Where’s all the help?” So they invent an analyzer and a computer and a Reactive
    Bank and all kinds of things in order to be over here at Cause point, because the Cause point
    has to mock itself up just like the Effect point or subordinate Effect points which are not really
    capable of any great change, which are not capable of mocking themselves up, and will never
    be communicated to, unless Cause mocks itself up.'

7. Demented Hubbatd

Demented Hubbatd Patron with Honors

Yes, I read about Nib's role in the production of this book. Well, even if he was high during the OT trips, he came up with a reasonably good sci-fi data.

8. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

It's funny reading things like that nowadays ... I can't believe we used to read such drivel and (try to) take it seriously.

Tubs hubbard wasn't really all that bright but I suppose what he lacked in intellect he more than made up for in stupidity.

:D

screamer2 likes this.
  9. Enthetan

Enthetan Master of Disaster

Tubs was very bright, but all his skill was concentrated in one narrow area: how to charm and con people. Outside that area of expertise, he was an idiot.

10. I told you I was trouble

I told you I was trouble Suspended animation

Yeah I know ... I was joking (sorta).

:oops:

11. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

His skill also was evident in his psychotherapy. If you
    look at the red vols you'll see new issues every day or
    every few days, an effort extended for nearly 30 years.
    And away from his policies and the problems created by
    his organization some of this worked.

Clay Pigeon likes this.
  12. strativarius

strativarius Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

His psychotherapy? Tell me one aspect of his so-called psychotherapy that he originated and that wasn't purloined from another practitioner.

13. Bill

Bill Gold Meritorious Patron

Yeah... What is your definition of "worked"? Seriously. How do you establish that "some of this worked"?

14. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

Suck it and see . To answer Strati's points I believe the
    concept of the ser fac was first stated by Hubbard. Also
    I don't see a problem with stealing ideas from others. To
    then make such a fuss over being "source" was not so elegant.

This is how knowledge develops.

"A good composer does not imitate, he steals.” – Igor Stravinsky
    You can find this quote attributed to him.

“Immature poets imitate; mature poets steal bad poets deface what they take, and good poets make it into something better, or at least something different”. T.S Eliot

I established this worked by recieving grade 4. I went up
    the pole on this. I felt fantastic. A day or two later I found
    I briefly I could control flows of static electicity around
    my body.

Clay Pigeon likes this.
  15. Bill

Bill Gold Meritorious Patron

So Grade 4's promised end phenomena is temporarily "went up the pole" and "control static electricity"?

I'll have to assume that, like the rest of us, you came back down the pole and you no longer control static electricity. That's really not very useful.

You don't seem to understand what I'm asking. So you felt fantastic. Fine. I've felt fantastic at many times in my life. That does not mean that Scientology "worked".

"Works" means: It is designed to do X, it does X.

Scientology is "designed" to create homo novis, Clear, OT. It doesn't do that. By definition, it doesn't "work". At absolute best some of it makes some people feel good for a very short while.

Now, it's perfectly fine if you, or someone, says "This process made me feel really good for a short while". Who would argue about that? But you don't. You say "it worked". And then you don't explain 1) What was promised for the process/grade/level and 2) What actually happened.

If you flip a light switch and sometimes the toilet flushes, you could get real excited about flushing the toilet but, in reality, the light switch isn't working and isn't usable.

As your answer plainly showed, for you, Grade 4 did not do what was promised -- it did not "work".

EDIT: This is a good example of the Hubbard shell game. Specific things are promised but anything is accepted as a result. Because of that, "It works" is total bullshit.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
  16. Clay Pigeon

Take a look at The Axioms.

Brilliant and original.

17. Clay Pigeon

Gruesome.

Crunchy chewy stuff and easily mockable like so much of Hubbard's work

The good stuff is still good

18. strativarius

strativarius Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

I'm sure I have seen a post by Veda showing that the so-called axioms are neither brilliant nor original.

phenomanon likes this.
  19. Clay Pigeon

Can you get a link?

I'd love to see that.

There's undeniable originality in The Axioms. How about Hubbard's coining of the word "Randomity"? Great concept whose pertinence is easily observable. Walk out on street and you can see people walking around living low randomity lives shuffling about with downcast eyes. Look at Houston or Santa Rosa and see hordes of people scattered around having suffered a recent bout of high randomity.

20. Anonycat

Anonycat Crusader

Why is a banned shitposting poster still here?

JBWriter likes this.