ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

The Phoenix Lectures

Discussion in 'Scientology Technology' started by Clay Pigeon, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Anonycat

Anonycat Crusader

Why is a banned shitposting poster still here?

2. phenomanon

phenomanon Canyon

I dint know PL was out of print. I think that first poster has the book mixed up with the tapes, and some people said that the PL was the "OT Handbook".
    It doesn't seem that either of you guys know what you're talking about.
    History of Man book doesn't have much to do with the OT levels.:protest:

DonkeyOT likes this.
  3. phenomanon

phenomanon Canyon

Hubs was smart and funny and cunning. He had an incredible imagination, and not a little showmanship. He was a master Hypnotist, so most folks were destined to fall into his bubble.

DonkeyOT, StatPush and Clay Pigeon like this.
  4. Bill

Bill Gold Meritorious Patron

You are correct. The Creation of Human Ability was the book that was sometimes called the "OT Handbook", not PL or HoM. At times, there were rumors that some of those processes in CHA were part of the OT Levels. The processes were pretty far out there.

History of Man was originally called What to Audit and was a Dianetics book. At the time, no one talked about past lives. The "incidents" in HoM were, supposedly, from the Genetic Entity's evolutionary track. At that time there was no past lives.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
    programmer_guy likes this.
  5. Lone Star

Lone Star Crusader

The Queen of Dragons has spoken and he stays. :bwahaha:

6. ThetanExterior

ThetanExterior Gold Meritorious Patron

7. Veda

Veda Sponsor

I remember an "old timer" who went to the Advanced Organization in Los Angeles during the early 1970s to do the newly released OT 7. While attesting, he mentioned that he had done it years earlier in the 1950s.

He was promptly routed to Review and to Ethics as a "red tag," and possible "squirrel" and "suppressive," having "invalidated the new breakthrough OT tech" by saying it existed years earlier.

Most of the (non implant and non body thetan) "positive" material of the (old, upper) OT levels was recycled Rosicrucianism or Crowleyism.

___________​

The antecedent for Hubbard's 'Route One':

'Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia', published in 1913, by Aleister Crowley in the 'Equinox'. It's an exercise that includes spanning attention, visualization (mock ups), specialized mock ups, where a person attempts to place a mock up of the same size, etc., as a physical object, in the same space as the physical object, and projection of consciousness through the solar system.

It even warns about avoiding what amounts to "overrun."

(Note: "Nuit" - as used in the below link - means, essentially, "Infinity.")

http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=4696&postcount=6 (This link leads to post #6 on a thread called 'The Sole Source Myth', which is somewhat derailed after page 5 or so, but it picks up again towards the end.)

http://www.the-equinox.org/vol1/no10/eqi10004.html (Duplicate, but easier to read.)

Permeating, as in filling/feeling ("Havingness") the heliosphere (solar aura) is, itself, an interesting exercise, or delusion, depending on one's opinion.

Handy navigational aid: http://www.nasa.gov/vision/universe/solarsystem/voyager-interstellar-terms.html

[​IMG]

"The Great Work is the raising of the whole man to the power of infinity."

From Crowley's 'Magick in Theory and Practice'.

______​

Quoting from John Symonds and Kenneth Grant, who were editors of some of Crowley's writings. Regarding 'Batra', above:

"[It] deals with the magical practice of expanding consciousness to the stars and the planets. The word 'Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia' is made up of the Greek words for Frog Mind Ox World Battle, and is a play on the title of the Homeric mock epic, the 'Batrachophrenoboocosmomachia' or 'Battle of the Frogs and Mice'... The idea behind the use of 'Batra', etc. is that it is supposed to [free] the mind... from its ordinary bounds. Consciousness - so the theory goes - is exalted to infinity by this method."

IMO, it would be beneficial to the human psyche (human morale, and general peace, well being, and order) to begin to see the solar system, and its atmosphere, as the immediate environment, rather than just the thin film of livable atmosphere of several miles in which we as human beings dwell.

With the discontinuation of the manned space program by the Obama administration and the accompanying corrupt and incompetent House and Senate, and the slowing of the unmanned space program to a crawl, we may be beginning the slow slide backwards.

Humankind needs big projects that direct its attention into the distant future and out into distant locations in space, or we are doomed to forever internalize and fight, meaninglessly, amongst ourselves.

???

'What to Audit'/'HOM' contained Hubbard's accounts of "Genetic Entity" track and "Theta being" track.

Hubbard gave a long series of lectures during the spring and summer of 1952 where he went on about "whole track," past lives, implants, entities, space opera, etc.

8. Veda

Veda Sponsor

From the 'History of Man' ["This is a cold blooded and factual account of your last sixty trillion years"] by L. Ron Hubbard, early 1952, originally titled 'What to Audit':

" ...may I make this simple request? Don't get spectacular until a few of the boys make it.

You don't want to be lonesome and you'll need reinforcements if a war gets declared on thetans here. The preclear may think he can do it alone if he gets cleared of a body he'll need more help and company than he thinks.

So, again, as a final note on this chapter, let's not go upsetting governments and putting on a show to 'prove' anything to homo sapiens for a while; it's a horrible temptation to knock off hats at fifty yards and read books a couple of countries away and get into the rotogravure section and the Hearst Weeklies but you'll just make it tough on somebody else who is trying to get across this bridge.

Let sleeping sapiens snore in the bulk for yet awhile. Then meet some place and decide what to do about him and his two penny wars, his insane and his prisons. Tell people who want to invalidate all this, 'Your criticism is very just. It's only fantasy.' Cure up the lame and halt and the incompetent with whatever display of technique you need. Protect theta clearing until there are a few."

________

"This is a cold blooded and factual account of your last sixty trillion years," from 1952, does have certain dramatic flair. Hubbard knew that by authoritatively telling people their pasts, and making their ["agonized endless trillions"] futures dependent on HIM, he could go a long way towards dominating their thoughts and loyalties.

But that was premature Mind Grope, just as the early 1950s e-meter reactions projected on the wall with shadows, while the audience went "ooh!" and "ahh!", was premature "Your meter ['truth detector'] will tell you"-ism, and the 1951 "no rights of any kind" was premature SP Doctrine, and the 1951 "dispose of quietly and without sorrow" was premature Fair Game Law.

Scientology first needed its "cheese," and Hubbard spent the next ten years concentrating on that, before unveiling his 'bait and switch' "Bridge to Total Freedom" trap.

By the way, I like the idea of universal history and extraterrestrials, I just don't like being told the contents of my own mind and space by anyone - including L. Ron Hubbard.

As you note, that's "implanting."

And because of confidentiality, and also PR tech with its smoke and mirrors, it's covert "implanting."

Covert "Implanting" disguised as "auditing."

Hey, I think I just defined Scientology.

And perhaps explained why there are people, who still "audit," who no longer call themselves "Scientologists." :)

DonkeyOT likes this.
  9. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

Here is what are claimed to be the the gains of grade 4.
    I think I got those gains.

http://www.whatisscientology.org/html/Part03/Chp13/pg0243-a.html

"The processes of Grade IV enable the preclear to view himself in relation to all life and free himself from any patterns of thought and action which, while seeming to promote one's survival, in reality do everything but. When one moves out of fixed conditions, he can experience a huge resurgence in the ability to choose, partake in and enjoy new activities.
    Moving out of fixed conditions and being able to do other things is attained at Expanded Grade IV."

10. Bill

So your answer to how do you establish that "it works" is "just trust me".

Next question: Why should I trust you?

On second thought, never mind. I just wanted to establish the fact that your claims of workability were as empty and meaningless as Hubbard's.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017
  11. Terril park

Terril park Sponsor

"Just trust me" are your words not mine.

Edwardo likes this.
  12. phenomanon

phenomanon Canyon

In 1951 we were running Past Lives. That was a big part of the "suck" of Dn. ( the Regression aspect.)
    and Yes. Creation of Human Ability is known as the OT bible.

13. Clay Pigeon

Clay Pigeon Gold Meritorious Patron

WOW!!!

1951!!!

A "Founding Scientologist" from BEFORE there was a Scientology to found!

ESMB is a very, very, important historic archive and it just can't get enough material from the fifties.

Where were you through the fifties?

Did you get to know Elron and his lady?

Did you get to know Volney Mathieson?

How about Wing Angel?

What about the story of the person who grew a third and then a fourth set of teeth; do you know anything about that?

Enthetan likes this.
  14. Bill

Your "proof" that "it works" is your statement that "it works". You have nothing else - just your statement and we're just supposed to trust your word. Jeez. Why do I even try to talk to you?

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
    DonkeyOT likes this.
  15. programmer_guy

programmer_guy True Ex-Scientologist

However, DMSMH does not instruct a Dianetics auditor to run past lives incidents on a PC.
    AFAIK, DMSMH does not mention past lives.
    In DMSMH Hubbard does talk about finding and running the basic-basic engram which is the 1st prenatal engram.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2017
  16. Clay Pigeon

Clay Pigeon Gold Meritorious Patron

Past lives are introduced in Ron's second book, Science of Survival.

17. programmer_guy

1. Then DMSMH should not have been part of the course materials for Standard Dianetics.
    2. IIRC, Science of Survival was not his 2nd book (and DMSMH was not his 1st book).

DonkeyOT likes this.
  18. Edwardo

Edwardo Patron with Honors

You were using a rhetorical device to attack his statement about his personal belief and he quite rightly called you on it.

19. pineapple

pineapple Silver Meritorious Patron

I guess you're thinking of Original Thesis and Evolution of a Science? Those appeared as magazine articles and didn't come out in book form until later. When it appeared, DMSMH was the first treatment of Dns to appear as a book, so in that sense, it was "Book One," making SOS the second book.

I couldn't find the date when Original Thesis appeared in book form (didn't look very hard), but according to wikipedia, EOS didn't appear as a book until 1955.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dianetics:_The_Evolution_of_a_Science

20. programmer_guy