What's new

The Reg Corner

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
My hope for this thread is to gather stories about registration, primarily from the regges themselves.

If you want to post a story of being regged, that's Ok too, but I'm hoping to get more of them from the perspective of the people who had to "produce" these "products".

An honest airing of the things that happened within Div 6 and Div 2 should be instructive to everyone.

Just to get the ball rolling, here's one:

I’m at Flag regging donations. A guy shows up from Germany. After he settled in for a few days in the HGC and started to have some wins (this was and is carefully monitored by Registration), my boss told me to get him briefed up and regged to donate a large chunk.

So I wander down to the HGC (in these days it was in the Cabannas along side the swimming pool at the FH) to locate the guy. He comes out of session and while he’s waiting in the HGC waiting room, I slide alongside and start the ball rolling.

I noticed he was moving his tongue around a lot in his mouth and I asked about it. He said that he’d had a “small epileptic fit” the night before and had bit his tongue a bit. He stuck it out to show me and it was ASTONISHING! The left 25% of his tongue (front to back) was just flattened – and I mean FLATTENED.

I asked if it hurt and should ne not see a doctor. He said it was getting better.

I asked if he had any medication to use to prevent another episode. As I remember it, he said, “No, the C/S and I are working out a handling so I never have to take the medicine again.”

I thought this was strange, but I was there to ask him for a donation.

A few moments later, the Board IC told him that he would be first up the next day, so he should go to bed right away. I asked him if he would stay up and talk to me. He said no, but that he was interested in my project and would love to hear more about it in the morning, right after his first session. So we made an appointment.

Later that night at product conference, my senior verbally “beat the shit out of me” for not getting the cycle done that night. But I went to bed happy that I had a “good cycle” for the next morning. If I got it wrapped up before the 1:00pm product conference, I would be vindicated!

Next morning around 10:00am I wandered down to the HGC looking for my guy. There was a bit of commotion going on near the board, so I elbowed my way in to see what was going on. One of the hotel staff (Flag Crew reg – who was also at the product conference the night before) told me that my guy was dead – died in bed in his room in the night – from (of all things) an epileptic seizure.

So now I end up at the 1:00pm product conference and in front of all the other regges get “dressed down” by the same product officer – BIG TIME.
Another reg that was there who happened to be from the same country as the dead guy says something like, “What an asshole, that guy always was Dev-T”.

I never mentioned the conversation I had with this prospect the night before. I may have been the last person he ever spoke to.

But I’m doing it now.

Here he is:

Code:
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/53432689@N04/4942926466/][img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4096/4942926466_97592a50a9.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/53432689@N04/4942926466/]Heribert Pfaff, 31[/url] by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/53432689@N04/]NewYorker3[/url], on Flickr

His story here: http://whyaretheydead.info/room758.html

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
Less gruesome

Here's a shorty - less gruesome.

I was a TOTAL newbie on staff - 79 or 80. We were herded into Lebanon Hall late at night. Heber gave a briefing to the assembled staff about how the case on the 9 or 11 guys from Snow White was going.

His big announcement (to minimize the overt) was that all the FBI had on us was that we took some copy paper! Roaring cheers all around :happydance:. I was thinking - :thumbsup:.

What a moron I was!

Times such as those were the times when Heber was at his best, being the world's greatest cheerleader (while mixing into his repertoire lots of lies, deceits and deceptions).

He came up to me about 5 years later in the NOTS lounge at AOLA and tried really hard (about 2 hours) to convince me to drop my post and join a new study line-up to become an official spokesperson for the Church.

It was just about at the tail end of the period of time when it could even be considered that a non-SO person could get close to the inner-inner circle. He seemed to have a slightly "free-willed", "somewhat independently operating" "President's Office" or something and he was getting it manned up.

He said my transfer was basically a done deal that I should do it - the agreement in management was all lined-up, the post transfer CSW just a formality - I could start on my full-time PR training the next morning at 9:00am!:whistling:

Happily for my seniors (and unhappily for many, many public Scientologists), I decided to stay on my own post and wound up becoming a big-time reg for another 12-15 years.:sorry:

There’s never a happy ending to a Scientology story.

Except one!

Getting OUT!!!!!

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
The Fruit Plate Wars

The Fruit-Plate Wars

There is VERY SPECIFIC policy by LRH in relation to Flag that advanced scheduling regges, tours regges, FSMs or anyone for that matter that is trying to talk a public into going to Flag are NOT to pre “qual” anyone. That is to say that you are not to form opinions about whether someone should go to Flag, just get them there regardless and it’ll all get sorted out there.

Well this used to lead to all kinds of reg chicanery – taking advanced payments from people with Psych histories, etc.

We, the staff at Flag worked out a handling line that ran parallel with that stupid Claims Verification Board or whatever it was called. In fact, it was just a routing form through Treasury to verify account balances and then have the guy sign some docs before his “check goes in the mail”.

Here’s how it worked (and probably still does – why mess up a good thing?):

1. Illegal (any A-J reason) PC goes to Flag World Tour event or whatever. Buys a package of auditing and/or training at Flag.
2. PC arrives.
3. PC routes into FSO and receives A-J check.
4. PC gets routed somewhere to sort out his scene, which could include transferring his FSO account $ to his local org (where he may be at least legal for training. This transfer is only done on paper. No $ go from FSO to the org. Why? Because FSO trained so many “outer org” trainees that the Orgs always “owed” FSO.)
4a. (Alternate handling) MAA office calls us (the regges) to tell us they’re about to R-Factor the guy that he’s not legal for Flag.
5a. The lucky one of us (who received the advanced notice from the MAA) goes to the MAA office and “happens to walk by”. Meets the poor bastard, body routes him to our offices and briefs him on the wonderful outreach actions of the church and asks if they would like to contribute. When he explains his problem with the FSO, we then say, “That’s OK, you can contribute to the project with a donation from the account you can’t use anyway!”.

This line became so refined that it worked about 90% of the time. Then the (poorer) public just goes home – problem solved – and lots of royalties to LRH!!! (and we got that pesky illegal PC off the base to boot)!

The only problem became which reg got the cycle and it became a PR campaign to get the MAAs office to alert me rather than any other reg. Thus began the “Fruit Plate Wars”. One or another of us regges would contact the restaurant at the FSO and have them make up a fruit plate. A waiter delivered this with great circumstance to the MAAs office at 10:00pm after all the public had gone to their rooms. That thing got so devoured by the MAA office staff!

One time I missed out on a big cycle and went to complain. The MAA said something like, “Well, we got such a nice fruit plate from ______”. I said, “What about yesterday?” Answer, “Oh-yeah, I forgot about that.”

So a few days later I got an advanced heads-up on another cycle. I called the restaurant, “Get me the biggest fucking cheese, meat and fruit plate that’s ever been made! Add Champagne.”

I’m standing in the lobby and out come THREE waiters in full penguin outfits with trays and ice-cooled booze.

15 minutes later, my phone rings from HCO, “Come get your guy.”

I kid you not!

Subsequently, some jealous (and probably hungry) exec cancelled HCO receiving any more fruit plates. But of course, they never cancelled taking money from public they never intended to service!!

So we just had the fruit plates made and body routed anyone we could in for a VIP briefing. A VIP briefing just means we want more than just a token 5k or 10k – we needed real money (but you got Brie!).

Very hard to understand now how we (the staff AND the public) did what we did. It was extremely rare for someone to just tell us to “F-off”.

But they should have!

Last edited:

AlphOhm

Traveler of time/space
“No, the C/S and I are working out a handling so I never have to take the medicine again.”

Tragically it seems to have worked.

Type4_PTS

Diamond Invictus SP
ThisIsNotOK,

These are incredible (and informative) stories! :yes:

I especially loved the Fruit Plate Wars. :thumbsup:

“No, the C/S and I are working out a handling so I never have to take the medicine again.”

Tragically it seems to have worked.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. :ohmy:

And the only thing they were concerned about was if the death would cause a PR flap, not that a human being just died ... yeah this is the kind of church I want to belong to.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
MY 2 HOURS AS A REG.
(aka "How I spent my Summer Vacation crush regging for postulate checks on freaked-out public.")

I didn't do it! Please say I didn't do it!

Shit. I did it.

Got ripped out of the safety of the Tech Division for a few hours--on command from a Flag Mission who orderered all S.O. staff to man a mandatory event for all public.

The doors were guarded ("locked").

No one was to leave until the prospect wrote a check, even a postulate check which they were expected to cover.

Hideous.

I followed orders, the penalties being to grim too consider to not try to help Clearing the planet (and their bank accounts) for Ron.

I think I actually got some person to write a check.

I never heard anything about it again and never asked.

FuckingCringe!

Postulate Checks. Made good by what--I guess--Postulate Deposits?

Then the bank sends Postulate Overdraft Notices in the theta universe?

Why do people want to go up the Bridge again? There was a reason, I just can't remember what in the world they had in mind....

Last edited:

Stat

Gold Meritorious Patron
I got a bit luckier and never left HGC for regging, HH, but man, I know what you speak of. Ughh.

Boojuum

Silver Meritorious Patron
Great Stuff!!!

My hope for this thread is to gather stories about registration, primarily from the regges themselves.

If you want to post a story of being regged, that's Ok too, but I'm hoping to get more of them from the perspective of the people who had to "produce" these "products".

An honest airing of the things that happened within Div 6 and Div 2 should be instructive to everyone.

Just to get the ball rolling, here's one:

I’m at Flag regging donations. A guy shows up from Germany. After he settled in for a few days in the HGC and started to have some wins (this was and is carefully monitored by Registration), my boss told me to get him briefed up and regged to donate a large chunk.

So I wander down to the HGC (in these days it was in the Cabannas along side the swimming pool at the FH) to locate the guy. He comes out of session and while he’s waiting in the HGC waiting room, I slide alongside and start the ball rolling.

I noticed he was moving his tongue around a lot in his mouth and I asked about it. He said that he’d had a “small epileptic fit” the night before and had bit his tongue a bit. He stuck it out to show me and it was ASTONISHING! The left 25% of his tongue (front to back) was just flattened – and I mean FLATTENED.

I asked if it hurt and should ne not see a doctor. He said it was getting better.

I asked if he had any medication to use to prevent another episode. As I remember it, he said, “No, the C/S and I are working out a handling so I never have to take the medicine again.”

I thought this was strange, but I was there to ask him for a donation.

A few moments later, the Board IC told him that he would be first up the next day, so he should go to bed right away. I asked him if he would stay up and talk to me. He said no, but that he was interested in my project and would love to hear more about it in the morning, right after his first session. So we made an appointment.

Later that night at product conference, my senior verbally “beat the shit out of me” for not getting the cycle done that night. But I went to bed happy that I had a “good cycle” for the next morning. If I got it wrapped up before the 1:00pm product conference, I would be vindicated!

Next morning around 10:00am I wandered down to the HGC looking for my guy. There was a bit of commotion going on near the board, so I elbowed my way in to see what was going on. One of the hotel staff (Flag Crew reg – who was also at the product conference the night before) told me that my guy was dead – died in bed in his room in the night – from (of all things) an epileptic seizure.

So now I end up at the 1:00pm product conference and in front of all the other regges get “dressed down” by the same product officer – BIG TIME.
Another reg that was there who happened to be from the same country as the dead guy says something like, “What an asshole, that guy always was Dev-T”.

I never mentioned the conversation I had with this prospect the night before. I may have been the last person he ever spoke to.

But I’m doing it now.

Here he is:

Code:
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/53432689@N04/4942926466/][img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4096/4942926466_97592a50a9.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/53432689@N04/4942926466/]Heribert Pfaff, 31[/url] by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/53432689@N04/]NewYorker3[/url], on Flickr

This is great stuff. More, more, more!

Infinite

Troublesome Internet Fringe Dweller
Code:

For those interested, "whytheyaredead" has gone to the great web page in the sky, but its data has been mirrored here:

http://www.xenu-directory.net/mirrors/www.whyaretheydead.net/

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
I bet Mike Silverman could fill pages on this thread
http://www.holysmoke.org/mo/michael-silverman-sp-declare.htm
LuLu Belle wrote in the thread "Vintage post: Some updates re: Scn Staff "
> 94. Michael Silverman - AOLA Registrar

"Mike Silverman resurrected the use of 'postulate checks' - people writing personal checks for large sums of money when they didn't have the money in the bank. He also (along with other Registrars) trained people on how to obtain large numbers of credit cards. The way you do this is to apply for 5 or 6 credit cards all in the same day. That way you can hoodwink the banks into giving you credit cards when they normally wouldn't if they feel you have too much credit extended to you.

In order to control things, Mike and other Reges, especially the Flag Reges, would allow their pet FSMs to steal selectees from less well known FSMs. This has caused many, many flaps and much bitterness.

These FSMs are referred to as 'shark FSMs' in the field. They are forever on the Briefing Course but they never complete. The sharks include Mitch Televi, Pat Parody and the worst, worst sharks: Wendy Ettricks and Joanne Schnitzer. They just blatantly steal FSM commissions. The Sea Org loves them. They are on the same wavelength. They both have been on the Briefing Course for 15 years but they are only trolling for fresh meat. They suck up to rich people in a really disgusting way.

As a result of years of financial irregularities a lot of people declared bankruptcy and this created a major public relations flap between the Church and several credit card companies to the point where a person couldn't pay for Scientology services with certain credit card companies. This was such a big problem that the Church had to pay restitution to some credit card companies. Over the years phone registrars have called up people who have advanced payments on their accounts to ask them to take that money and use it to buy books to be placed in public libraries, etc. Of course, the libraries accept these books with a smile, but usually don't even put them on their shelves and later sell them for 25 cents or 50 cents with the plastic wrap still on them. It's usually library policy to only place books on the shelves that are in high demand. Scientology books generally get zero circulation, so they come off the shelves quickly and are either thrown away or sold for a few cents. But the bigger scandal about this is that this is a way for the Church to get rid of those advanced payment monies. It has been found that often ASHO phone solicitors are lying and have been transferring money from peoples' accounts for advanced payments to books when they never gave permission. You see, staff members get a commission on each book sold and some unethical staff have been depleting monies people have on their accounts without the person's permission. ASHO has extremely psycho accounting records and it is therefore unwise to give them any money in advance. What happens eventually is the Org staff are unhappy when older Scientologists come in because they are afraid that their financial crimes will be found out by these people who want to use the money that they think is still in their accounts. So the staff is sort of repelling the public because the public 'misses their witholds' - almost finds out about their crimes. Mike and Ruthie Silverman (now Ruthie Discher) at one time were married. Ruthie is still a Reg at ASHO. But does anyone know what happened to their very troubled son, David? When he was a teenager Ruthie was broken hearted about the fact that she was not able to give him the time and attention he needed when he was doing poorly in school and becoming a truant and getting into trouble. David would probably be about 40 years old now. "
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?t=9743

Now for something not quite what you asked for but close enough: Here's one a story posted as a comment to the below article about dear Shawn Lonsdale and in reply to some scientologist posting as "Reg"
Scourge of Scientology dies in apparent suicideBy Jonathan Abel and Robert Farley, Times Staff Writers
Published February 19, 2008

by Reg. Scientologist 03/08/08 10:25 PM

Leif/Jaqck, As said many times, Fair Game was cancelled decades ago. However, persons bent on discrediting CofS's Rep., continue to misconstrue and use it to poison the public's mind. I agree that TRUTH is the highest ideal and will set you free!

by ex scien 03/10/08 01:46 AM

Hello! I was a scientologist for 2 years. scientology reg, if you are a reg, is it right to take a 93 year old lady's last 1000 GBP and spend it on fixing a roof for an org? It may be alright to you, as a scientologist, but to more people it's sick

Wisened One

Crusader
I posted a Reg story a long time ago, but it's buried in my many posts...

I was a Div 6 Public Reg and was regging I believe it was about 10pm or so on a Wed night. It was one of my own Bodyroutes (people you literally convince to come in off the street to take a free personality test, watch a free video, etc).

Anyways: I was regging her (and had been for about an hour and had a couple other tag teaming me (other Reg's helping you convince the person to sign up on a course or counselling).

The newbie said they didn't have any money. After more regging, she finally said that she didn't have money with her, but had some at home. My Senior suggested I go home with her (she said she lived within walking distance) to get the money.

So we (just me and her and her kid..about 8 yrs old) begin walking about 10:30 pm or so at night to her house. It was about 8 or so blocks away.

She walks up to her apartment (in a building with other apts) and tells me to wait that she enters her apt from the back door and she'll let me in her front door in a moment.

So I do. I wait.

And wait

And wait some more.

Nothing.

I do knock on the door she has me waiting in front of, but a complete stranger answers the door and doesn't know the person who I ask for.

So I knock on a couple other doors, and either no one answers or they're strangers who do not know the person I spoke of.

I finally find a kind person to let me use their phone.

I call my Org, but it's after 11:30 pm and the main switchboard's closed.

So I keep calling.

Finally my fellow Senior answers, but I'm all turned around and don't know where I'm at. lol.

Finally, I start walking in what I think is the direction back to my Org. But It seems I'm walking way too long and it doesn't come into view. I'm sure I find a street sign and impart this info, but my Senior doesn't recognize it.

I finally find a payphone and call the Org (collect, I think). Finally my Senior takes the Org's Dianetics 'book van and they drive the streets until they find me.

It was really weird.

The things we did for our Stats and crap, huh? :eyeroll:

SirRalliart

Patron with Honors
I got a bit luckier and never left HGC for regging, HH, but man, I know what you speak of. Ughh.

Hey Stat, I'd say making Section A of a C/S 53 read on a "tour" with a reg, then making the poor person by an intensive for an "Int Handling"...is regging!

I know I did that more times than I care to remember. Oh, the crap we do to get GI!!

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
They both have been on the Briefing Course for 15 years but they are only trolling for fresh meat. They suck up to rich people in a really disgusting way.

15 years?
When I was "in" all of the courses had a time limit to finish.
How did they "get away" with this?