What's new

The Reg Corner

Arthur Dent

Silver Meritorious Patron
I posted a Reg story a long time ago, but it's buried in my many posts...

I was a Div 6 Public Reg and was regging I believe it was about 10pm or so on a Wed night. It was one of my own Bodyroutes (people you literally convince to come in off the street to take a free personality test, watch a free video, etc).

Anyways: I was regging her (and had been for about an hour and had a couple other tag teaming me (other Reg's helping you convince the person to sign up on a course or counselling).

The newbie said they didn't have any money. After more regging, she finally said that she didn't have money with her, but had some at home. My Senior suggested I go home with her (she said she lived within walking distance) to get the money.

So we (just me and her and her kid..about 8 yrs old) begin walking about 10:30 pm or so at night to her house. It was about 8 or so blocks away.

She walks up to her apartment (in a building with other apts) and tells me to wait that she enters her apt from the back door and she'll let me in her front door in a moment.

So I do. I wait.

And wait

And wait some more.

Nothing.

I do knock on the door she has me waiting in front of, but a complete stranger answers the door and doesn't know the person who I ask for.

So I knock on a couple other doors, and either no one answers or they're strangers who do not know the person I spoke of.

I finally find a kind person to let me use their phone.

I call my Org, but it's after 11:30 pm and the main switchboard's closed.

So I keep calling.

Finally my fellow Senior answers, but I'm all turned around and don't know where I'm at. lol.

Finally, I start walking in what I think is the direction back to my Org. But It seems I'm walking way too long and it doesn't come into view. I'm sure I find a street sign and impart this info, but my Senior doesn't recognize it.

I finally find a payphone and call the Org (collect, I think). Finally my Senior takes the Org's Dianetics 'book van and they drive the streets until they find me.

It was really weird.

The things we did for our Stats and crap, huh? :eyeroll:

This made me laugh! Served you right!! :roflmao: When I was a newbie, the phones were shut off probably bec. they didn't pay the bill so the regges dragged me out to a phone booth to call and elderly relative and ask my grandparents for thousands of dollars. I didn't get any money. I should have led them to a fake apt. and left them waiting there!! Had I only known that trick!

Hey Stat, I'd say making Section A of a C/S 53 read on a "tour" with a reg, then making the poor person by an intensive for an "Int Handling"...is regging!

I know I did that more times than I care to remember. Oh, the crap we do to get GI!!

:omg:

Stat

Gold Meritorious Patron
Hey Stat, I'd say making Section A of a C/S 53 read on a "tour" with a reg, then making the poor person by an intensive for an "Int Handling"...is regging!

I know I did that more times than I care to remember. Oh, the crap we do to get GI!!

Oh, shit, that was right below the belt!!! :omg: :angry: :bigcry:

I never inspected it that way. Surprise. :whistling:

Seriously, though, you are right, even though I didn't see it that way at the time, duh...
me being "an auditor" and really trying/wanting to help another....

OMFG,.. you sure brought some memories. I will deal with them.

It really is a great learning experience. For all involved. Ughh.

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
15 years?
When I was "in" all of the courses had a time limit to finish.
How did they "get away" with this?

I posted a Reg story a long time ago, but it's buried in my many posts...

I was a Div 6 Public Reg and was regging I believe it was about 10pm or so on a Wed night. It was one of my own Bodyroutes (people you literally convince to come in off the street to take a free personality test, watch a free video, etc).

Anyways: I was regging her (and had been for about an hour and had a couple other tag teaming me (other Reg's helping you convince the person to sign up on a course or counselling).

The newbie said they didn't have any money. After more regging, she finally said that she didn't have money with her, but had some at home. My Senior suggested I go home with her (she said she lived within walking distance) to get the money.

So we (just me and her and her kid..about 8 yrs old) begin walking about 10:30 pm or so at night to her house. It was about 8 or so blocks away.

She walks up to her apartment (in a building with other apts) and tells me to wait that she enters her apt from the back door and she'll let me in her front door in a moment.

So I do. I wait.

And wait

And wait some more.

Nothing.

I do knock on the door she has me waiting in front of, but a complete stranger answers the door and doesn't know the person who I ask for.

So I knock on a couple other doors, and either no one answers or they're strangers who do not know the person I spoke of.

I finally find a kind person to let me use their phone.

I call my Org, but it's after 11:30 pm and the main switchboard's closed.

So I keep calling.

Finally my fellow Senior answers, but I'm all turned around and don't know where I'm at. lol.

Finally, I start walking in what I think is the direction back to my Org. But It seems I'm walking way too long and it doesn't come into view. I'm sure I find a street sign and impart this info, but my Senior doesn't recognize it.

I finally find a payphone and call the Org (collect, I think). Finally my Senior takes the Org's Dianetics 'book van and they drive the streets until they find me.

It was really weird.

The things we did for our Stats and crap, huh? :eyeroll:

:omg: This is one of the saddest/ funniest stories ever posted here ( from an ex POV) :hysterical::hysterical:

Hope you can laugh at it in retrospect. The poor girl didn't know what elese to do!

((HUGGS)) for trying to help the planet ( misguided as we all were)

15 years?
When I was "in" all of the courses had a time limit to finish.
How did they "get away" with this?

I don't know! I just reposted that. It was written by LuluBell, I believe

Last edited:

Wisened One

Crusader
Even though, yes, I can now see it from the eyes of an Ex (and from her side). To this day, it feels quite embarrassing and not a bit funny (much). :confused2: :redface:

I'm just glad I made it home safely, that night. I also did NOT want to walk her home to get her stupid money, and wish I put my foot down and refused. Should have told the lady to return the next day (which she wouldn't have, in her case). But still, my Seniors wanted me to go, and I did whatever I was told, like a ronbot Staff! :whatever: :duh: :eyeroll:

Gus

Patron with Honors
Raffi at LA Org

I remember taking a "Money Seminar" at LA Org, must have been in the mid-late 80s.

It was run by this guy named Raffi, presumably short for Raphael, an Israeli guy who was a reg.

So, I get done with the seminar, and he gets me in the reg chair and he's trying to get money out of me. I'm just a kid in my 20s. He sees I have an AmEx card, but I tell him it's just an authorized user card - it was my Mom's account, but she had a card issued to me on her account for emergencies. I was a college student, so if I got stuck somewhere, I could get a bus ticket home and whatnot. Emergencies only.

I explain to Raffi that I just spent this "money seminar" learning that I should not go into debt, and here he's wanting me to charge a course to a credit card! And it's not even my account!

He dodges the debt thing, and asks if he can call my Mom to see if it's OK to charge a course on her card. I say she'll say no fucking way (I know my Mom). And besides, I told the little snake, it was after 10pm. There were heads mounted on my Mom's wall, and all of them were regges who dared call her after 10pm. I told Raffi his head would look very handsome there, next to the others. (My Mom was a very senior tech terminal, knew the Old Man, and nobody fucked with her even after she left the SO).

I finally got out of there without giving up any money. One thing I was good at, was dealing with regges. It was still a pain in my ass though, and I am very happy not to have to deal with them anymore.

Gus.

PS: That seminar story kinda reminded me of the "2D Seminars" that were also popular around that time. The gist of those was you could "mock up a 2D with anybody." So, of course, there would be a bunch of bedraggled, rather unattractive guys, and a few women of which one would be a 20-something hottie.

So of course every friggin' unattractive guy would beeline right past all the other women to the little hottie saying, "gee, you can mock up a 2D with anyone, let's get together!"

Scientology was weird.

Gus

jojo

Patron
Alright you regges. You had your chance to respond. Now it's the public's turn.

I fondly recall when I was young and extremely gullible (still gullible but not young) and after hours and hours of being regged after completing a course, being talked into handing over my unemployment check which was literally all I had. I was assured that outflow=inflow and that money would not only come back to me twofold, I would pull in more than just the money maybe even pull in a job! I was skeptical but hopeful and so I did it.

About a week later I was evicted from my apartment and left homeless with a 6-year old child.

Fun times, knocking on people's doors trying to find a place to sleep. The first place I tried was the reg who got my money. She had no answer for me.

Yet I still remained a Scientologist!!!! How??? Why????

Gus

Patron with Honors
I fondly recall when I was young and extremely gullible (still gullible but not young) and after hours and hours of being regged after completing a course, being talked into handing over my unemployment check which was literally all I had. I was assured that outflow=inflow and that money would not only come back to me twofold, I would pull in more than just the money maybe even pull in a job! I was skeptical but hopeful and so I did it.

About a week later I was evicted from my apartment and left homeless with a 6-year old child.

Ouch. Yeah, I remember the outflow/inflow bullshit, too. That, and the "you'll be so much more able after this (fill in course or auditing level) that your income will increase!" It never did.

Yet I still remained a Scientologist!!!! How??? Why????

Well, I'm glad you're out now! We all did stuff we can't quite believe we did. Then we woke up. Each of us at our own good pace, but we woke up.

Gus

KissMyStats

Patron with Honors
And of course I always wondered why an org was not permitted to go into debt for anything and yet it was ok for a public to do it, even if it put them in a dangerous financial position. Unfortunately, I wondered about it instead of waking up to it for much too long.

My hope for this thread is to gather stories about registration, primarily from the regges themselves.

If you want to post a story of being regged, that's Ok too, but I'm hoping to get more of them from the perspective of the people who had to "produce" these "products".

An honest airing of the things that happened within Div 6 and Div 2 should be instructive to everyone.

Just to get the ball rolling, here's one:

I’m at Flag regging donations. A guy shows up from Germany. After he settled in for a few days in the HGC and started to have some wins (this was and is carefully monitored by Registration), my boss told me to get him briefed up and regged to donate a large chunk.

So I wander down to the HGC (in these days it was in the Cabannas along side the swimming pool at the FH) to locate the guy. He comes out of session and while he’s waiting in the HGC waiting room, I slide alongside and start the ball rolling.

I noticed he was moving his tongue around a lot in his mouth and I asked about it. He said that he’d had a “small epileptic fit” the night before and had bit his tongue a bit. He stuck it out to show me and it was ASTONISHING! The left 25% of his tongue (front to back) was just flattened – and I mean FLATTENED.

I asked if it hurt and should ne not see a doctor. He said it was getting better.

I asked if he had any medication to use to prevent another episode. As I remember it, he said, “No, the C/S and I are working out a handling so I never have to take the medicine again.”

I thought this was strange, but I was there to ask him for a donation.

A few moments later, the Board IC told him that he would be first up the next day, so he should go to bed right away. I asked him if he would stay up and talk to me. He said no, but that he was interested in my project and would love to hear more about it in the morning, right after his first session. So we made an appointment.

Later that night at product conference, my senior verbally “beat the shit out of me” for not getting the cycle done that night. But I went to bed happy that I had a “good cycle” for the next morning. If I got it wrapped up before the 1:00pm product conference, I would be vindicated!

Next morning around 10:00am I wandered down to the HGC looking for my guy. There was a bit of commotion going on near the board, so I elbowed my way in to see what was going on. One of the hotel staff (Flag Crew reg – who was also at the product conference the night before) told me that my guy was dead – died in bed in his room in the night – from (of all things) an epileptic seizure.

So now I end up at the 1:00pm product conference and in front of all the other regges get “dressed down” by the same product officer – BIG TIME.
Another reg that was there who happened to be from the same country as the dead guy says something like, “What an asshole, that guy always was Dev-T”.

I never mentioned the conversation I had with this prospect the night before. I may have been the last person he ever spoke to.

But I’m doing it now.

Here he is:

Code:
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/53432689@N04/4942926466/][img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4096/4942926466_97592a50a9.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/53432689@N04/4942926466/]Heribert Pfaff, 31[/url] by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/53432689@N04/]NewYorker3[/url], on Flickr

His story here: http://whyaretheydead.info/room758.html

there you see what your out ethics did? you could have closed him on the spot and his check to the cashier. no telling what ignorant unethical db got that money, his aging and unproductive mother, his worthless children, some dev-t wog "charity"...

FLUNK!

This is NOT OK !!!!

Gold Meritorious Patron
I know, I know - if I hadn't been such a panty waiste dillitante, I would have handled that fucking guy and gotten the product!

Exactly what my "product officer" said to me in front of all the other regges after he was dead!

looker

Patron Meritorious
Well there is this story I found once on the FCDC thread (I know I'm a slacker for not finding the reference, but it was last year some time) Maybe it was US SAM or a reply to US Sam. Or Lakey. I dunt remember.

Any way The way I remember it was, (highly Paraphrased):

There was this guy who was relatively new had done TRs and some auditing training (eye dialation) and read the Obnosis HCOBs. He came on staff and had some really good success at reging hard cases. It may have been NY or DC or LA, any way, The disseminator/Body routers had brought in this guy about 1970 something.

The Raw Meat guy had went through the intro Lecture. The newish reg was talking to the guy about his ruins and his desire to fix his life. The ruins for this guy were about being thrown out from his house, Divorced from his wife and homeless living in his car. He also had "indicators" that showed he hated his life and surviving on the street and having to do things he was not proud of.

The reg said yes I know how it is! A year ago I was on the street too. I was so down I had nothing and was going through dumpsters. I had to give hand jobs to perverted guys on the street just to be able to buy food. (It was a total Lie)

The New guy lightened up and indicated. The Reg got him to sell his car for the Comm Course, and other stuff, got him a place to sleep on the floor and got the guy totally IN but totally broke with the only place to go was on staff.

Good or bad its a slice of life....Hopefully they are both out know and much more savvy.

I know, I know - if I hadn't been such a panty waiste dillitante, I would have handled that fucking guy and gotten the product!

Exactly what my "product officer" said to me in front of all the other regges after he was dead!

jesus!

you're shitting me

no. you're not. i was trying for some playful lighthearted ironic gallows humor but "with scientology it's always worse than you think." jesus! a big part of how they get away with their crap is people think you're telling jokes when you tell them what happens.

the stupid CoSuckers don't even understand their own tech. yes. you get pc's and students to stop using recreational drugs. no. you don't make them stop necessary medication

%&*#^@ $$$$$$#*@%*# %^&@&#*%@ers!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Markus

My hope for this thread is to gather stories about registration, primarily from the regges themselves.

If you want to post a story of being regged, that's Ok too, but I'm hoping to get more of them from the perspective of the people who had to "produce" these "products".

An honest airing of the things that happened within Div 6 and Div 2 should be instructive to everyone.

Just to get the ball rolling, here's one:

I’m at Flag regging donations. A guy shows up from Germany. After he settled in for a few days in the HGC and started to have some wins (this was and is carefully monitored by Registration), my boss told me to get him briefed up and regged to donate a large chunk.

So I wander down to the HGC (in these days it was in the Cabannas along side the swimming pool at the FH) to locate the guy. He comes out of session and while he’s waiting in the HGC waiting room, I slide alongside and start the ball rolling.

I noticed he was moving his tongue around a lot in his mouth and I asked about it. He said that he’d had a “small epileptic fit” the night before and had bit his tongue a bit. He stuck it out to show me and it was ASTONISHING! The left 25% of his tongue (front to back) was just flattened – and I mean FLATTENED.

I asked if it hurt and should ne not see a doctor. He said it was getting better.

I asked if he had any medication to use to prevent another episode. As I remember it, he said, “No, the C/S and I are working out a handling so I never have to take the medicine again.”

I thought this was strange, but I was there to ask him for a donation.

A few moments later, the Board IC told him that he would be first up the next day, so he should go to bed right away. I asked him if he would stay up and talk to me. He said no, but that he was interested in my project and would love to hear more about it in the morning, right after his first session. So we made an appointment.

Later that night at product conference, my senior verbally “beat the shit out of me” for not getting the cycle done that night. But I went to bed happy that I had a “good cycle” for the next morning. If I got it wrapped up before the 1:00pm product conference, I would be vindicated!

Next morning around 10:00am I wandered down to the HGC looking for my guy. There was a bit of commotion going on near the board, so I elbowed my way in to see what was going on. One of the hotel staff (Flag Crew reg – who was also at the product conference the night before) told me that my guy was dead – died in bed in his room in the night – from (of all things) an epileptic seizure.

So now I end up at the 1:00pm product conference and in front of all the other regges get “dressed down” by the same product officer – BIG TIME.
Another reg that was there who happened to be from the same country as the dead guy says something like, “What an asshole, that guy always was Dev-T”.

I never mentioned the conversation I had with this prospect the night before. I may have been the last person he ever spoke to.

But I’m doing it now.

Here he is:

Code:
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/53432689@N04/4942926466/][img]http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4096/4942926466_97592a50a9.jpg[/img][/url]
[url=http://www.flickr.com/photos/53432689@N04/4942926466/]Heribert Pfaff, 31[/url] by [url=http://www.flickr.com/people/53432689@N04/]NewYorker3[/url], on Flickr

His story here: http://whyaretheydead.info/room758.html

Bump:yes:

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is probably one the best threads I have ever read - I mean this is unreal! Thank you - it is making so much sense. I was told FRAUD SCAM BASE stopped the regging in the MAA Dept - but I can see this has been going on for years and years and years.

Please - any of you that were regges - please post it all - this could be one of the most helpful threads for any lurkers out there due to the constant crush regging in the Church of Scientology.

Everyone experiences the crush regging and will find various justifications for the behavior. After a while - it gets really crazy. So please post everything you can tell here - this may be the truth thread that sets being free forever!!

THANK YOU everyone who is posting on this thread!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU !!!!:happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

onthepes

Patron with Honors
MY 2 HOURS AS A REG.
(aka "How I spent my Summer Vacation crush regging for postulate checks on freaked-out public.")

I didn't do it! Please say I didn't do it!

Shit. I did it.

Got ripped out of the safety of the Tech Division for a few hours--on command from a Flag Mission who orderered all S.O. staff to man a mandatory event for all public.

The doors were guarded ("locked").

No one was to leave until the prospect wrote a check, even a postulate check which they were expected to cover.

Hideous.

I followed orders, the penalties being to grim too consider to not try to help Clearing the planet (and their bank accounts) for Ron.

I think I actually got some person to write a check.

I never heard anything about it again and never asked.

FuckingCringe!

Postulate Checks. Made good by what--I guess--Postulate Deposits?

Then the bank sends Postulate Overdraft Notices in the theta universe?

Why do people want to go up the Bridge again? There was a reason, I just can't remember what in the world they had in mind....

I so hear this one Hellavahoax. I recall trying to get people to an IAS event. Everyone knew there would be regging. I used to hate that part so much. I spoke to a public who had already donated a shitload to Scientology. She said she did not want to come as staff and Sea Org guard the doors and the exits, making sure nobody would leave. I agreed with her that that was weird. I had not seen it for a while. However, that night we had the ED Abel (sorry if I got that wrong), strutting around saying "make sure nobody leaves". The doors were closed. Public were confronted by her when they tried to leave . "Where are you going?". Public - "Just out for a smoke". (you had to lie to get out of it). They would go outside. ED Abel said to me "Make sure he does not leave". God, I cringe. Later that night the main Reg who had arrived from Sydney was sitting across from this lady. I will call her Judy (not real name). She had donated over a quarter of a million to the IAS. This guy was just at her and at her. I had already locked up and done my report. A Sea Org member was standing behind me. I will never forget this, and my heart breaks recounting it (by the way I thought the world of this guy). But he mumbles "You got the money, just give it over you bitch". Thank god she had not heard him. I am sure we have all had those nights here where we just wanted to go home but there would be a "cycle" still going on. Now I have to go vomit.

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
I so hear this one Hellavahoax. I recall trying to get people to an IAS event. Everyone knew there would be regging. I used to hate that part so much. I spoke to a public who had already donated a shitload to Scientology. She said she did not want to come as staff and Sea Org guard the doors and the exits, making sure nobody would leave. I agreed with her that that was weird. I had not seen it for a while. However, that night we had the ED Abel (sorry if I got that wrong), strutting around saying "make sure nobody leaves". The doors were closed. Public were confronted by her when they tried to leave . "Where are you going?". Public - "Just out for a smoke". (you had to lie to get out of it). They would go outside. ED Abel said to me "Make sure he does not leave". God, I cringe. Later that night the main Reg who had arrived from Sydney was sitting across from this lady. I will call her Judy (not real name). She had donated over a quarter of a million to the IAS. This guy was just at her and at her. I had already locked up and done my report. A Sea Org member was standing behind me. I will never forget this, and my heart breaks recounting it (by the way I thought the world of this guy). But he mumbles "You got the money, just give it over you bitch". Thank god she had not heard him. I am sure we have all had those nights here where we just wanted to go home but there would be a "cycle" still going on. Now I have to go vomit.

Awful stuff!

After i left the SO I was public and invited to a "celeb" VIP briefing by an actress friend of mine. It quickly became a reg event and so I stood up and walked out. A Sea Org enforcer chased after me (outside the venue) ordering me to go back in. I kept walking. It was about to become a shitstorm but I was not going back in for ANY reason whatsoever. The actress rushed outside and calmed the tracking dog down and he retreated. [STRIKE]Rock[/STRIKE] Celeb breaks [STRIKE]Scissors[/STRIKE] Sea Org Member. That was the last event of any kind I ever went to.

Later there was the "mandatory" orders to attend the "crusade" out of state and later still the "mandatory" event where dead Ron was celebrated as the ultimate OT. I missed both those, figuring that I was obviously an anti-social personality but at that point I didn't give a damn.

My own 2 hours as a "postulate check" registrar shows me that normal people can be turned into cult animals fairly easily.

I'd have a lot of BPC (By Passed Cringe) if I cared about Scientology.

I never liked circus clowns and I don't feel any need to like the clowns of Scientology either.

Student of Trinity

How many registrars are Sea Org? Would a Sea Org registrar even profit personally from bringing in money? I understand normal staff reges get a cut.

I can sort of understand Sea Org folks having no mercy on rich public. When you're living in bad quarters on bad food and making too little money to wash your clothes, all for the greater glory of Scientology, then you probably don't really weep inside too hard if somebody with a big house and a pool gets the cost of a second home squeezed out of them. In fact it would probably be hard to squeeze any public below the miserable financial level of the Sea Org themselves.

onthepes

Patron with Honors
i don't think they get anything out of it. Possibly they get left alone by their seniors a bit more. That Sea Org member I mentioned previously in this post - who I will call K - would turn our Org around for the better financially time and again. He actually kept us alive. Yet, I heard him on the phone to his Senior, away in the corner of the Org, saying "Yes, yes, I understand. I bought a couple of pies that day, I have the receipts here. Yes, I know. That's fair enough". He was basically having to justify the fact he had 2 pies for lunch. I felt awful for K. He was very well liked.

How many registrars are Sea Org? Would a Sea Org registrar even profit personally from bringing in money? I understand normal staff reges get a cut.

I can sort of understand Sea Org folks having no mercy on rich public. When you're living in bad quarters on bad food and making too little money to wash your clothes, all for the greater glory of Scientology, then you probably don't really weep inside too hard if somebody with a big house and a pool gets the cost of a second home squeezed out of them. In fact it would probably be hard to squeeze any public below the miserable financial level of the Sea Org themselves.

i don't think they get anything out of it. Possibly they get left alone by their seniors a bit more. That Sea Org member I mentioned previously in this post - who I will call K - would turn our Org around for the better financially time and again. He actually kept us alive. Yet, I heard him on the phone to his Senior, away in the corner of the Org, saying "Yes, yes, I understand. I bought a couple of pies that day, I have the receipts here. Yes, I know. That's fair enough". He was basically having to justify the fact he had 2 pies for lunch. I felt awful for K. He was very well liked.

In the early 80s I think they were definitely getting commisions, and I think there was talk here about all the commissions Debbie Cook got when she was in the SO...and bought a fancy car with some of it.