The Rhodesia Story

In order to get into the part of Rhodes, Hubbard apparently used to dress up in a kaftan, turban, embroidered slippers and used a long art-deco cigarette holder. He also apparently used face rouge.: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Now that is a picture worth applauding! :thumbsup:

"Has a withhold been missed?"

Mark A. Baker

Ian Smith had been in secret talks with the British Government over the resolution of Rhodesia's breakaway independence action. I personally have no doubt that Hubbards escapades in Rhodesia were fully mentioned at that time and that they may well have triggered the govermnent clampdown on Scn activities in the UK.

Here's a general question for you Brits, and especially the anons among you: since the UK has its own version of the Freedom of Information Act, has anyone given thought to obtaining release of any government materials related to LRH in Rhodesia, or elsewhere for that matter?

If there IS a transcript of a call between Smith and Wilson (?) or ministerial notes referencing LRH in Rhodesia, they might make interesting reading. Given the age of the events & the death of the involved parties, the government just might be willing to "cough up".

If verified the "draq queen incident" would make a notable addition to the Hubbard Mythos.

Mark A. Baker

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
:bump2: Because the OP is enlightening and funny...... :read:.
And the rest of the thread's posts are good, too, but the picture?
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

JB.

secretiveoldfag

Silver Meritorious Patron
Hubbard failed miserably at real-life politics. He failed as a nuclear physicist. He was a lousy photographer. His musc has to be heard to be believed. He was a failure in everything he tried. His only practical abilities were hypnosis (the tech), short-story writing (Xenu) and telling lies. We should be glad he failed at everything else.

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
There are some interesting/curious side-links to all this which I have not seen mentioned before.

Now I don't know whether LRH was Rhodes or not - I don't give a shit either way - but I note in passing that he also claimed to have been Charles Dickens and the two lives overlap somewhat. Though I haven't checked any dates here.

But what I want to get to here is that (a) LRH had a strong interest and active participation in getting "power" through magick and ritual, and (b) Rhodes had something going in this regard too. I wonder if there is a link via some esoteric groups between their activities.

When Rhodes went into the territories north of the Limpopo he made a point of finding out exactly where the holy places of the indigenous peoples were located. And then he promptly took them over, including all related movable objects that he could lay his hands on, thereby sending a clear message to the tribes-people that he controlled their gods now. And they got the message too - they understood clearly what he was saying. The locations in Rhodesia were the Zimbabwe Ruins, the Motopo hills area near Bulawayo and the Inyangane area in the east.

The Motopos were interesting too in that this was the place where the inhabitants traditionally buried all their chiefs and spiritual leaders. For those who haven't been there - it is a most unusual area geologically speaking - probably about 40 or 50 k's wide and 20 or 30 across, and riddled with boulders the size of large hills. Like the giants had huge rock marbles and then just strew them out all over the place. Enormous piles of them all over and with valleys of bush and wild-life in between. And the whole area has a sort of quiet spirituality about it, like you're inside a cathedral or something.

At the foot of the highest of these huge boulders - a place which is known as World's View in English - is where the chiefs and sangomas (medicine men) were always buried.

Rhodes ordered his body to be buried there too after he died. But not at the bottom of the hill for him - no he had the rock drilled and cut out at the very top and was buried there - leaving an ongoing message to all the Rhodesian blacks that he dominated and controlled their ancestors in the afterlife too.

With all the secret society stuff of the Freemasons and the other groups that sought high places in society there is an undercurrent of ritual and of gaining power thereby. This is what drew LRH to Crowley in the first place. And dressing up in the supposed garments of those ancient practitioners of Greece and Egypt was part of the deal. Part of getting into the swing of things. It's almost a traditional British party-game - to dress up as some high figure and then Be that person.

The British in nineteenth century Africa always sequestered the Africans' holy places and objects, and took possession of these. It was always an integral part of conquest that they understood very well.

RogerB

Crusader
Nice info, Leon . .

The big error Ronnie-boy made, and such an oafish error it was too, is that he collided with the current national security issues of Rhodesia at that time.

Anyone who claims to have been as intelligent and all knowing as he "who rose above the bank" should have known what the local political cum national security scene was at that time.

AS I wrote in my thread on the "Deceit and Lies of the Church of Scn" . . . my former partner in the "Agent 007 for the Businessman Abroad" business was a senior person in the Rhodesian Special Branch who had been trained by MI6 . . . he indeed was very familiar with the "L Ron Hubbard Caper" in Rhodesia as he was the senior case officer involved.

Rhodesia, like all of the former colonial African countries had spent decades defending themselves against communist infiltration and agent provocateur actions to incite strife among the native populations to unsettle western style government . . . which by the way, is the reason why Willie Mandela was held . . . not that Willie was bad, but that the fear was he and his followers were agents of the commie forces bent on violent overthrow of the government.

One only has to review the 1950's-'60's history of strife in the former African colonies of the Euro powers to see what the security fears of Rhodesia were at the time.

And here is Hubbard swanning about playing strange games, the worst of which being "empowering the local natives" . . . and doing so with a "new world conquering religion"!!

Good God! Of course the Rhodesian government were worried about what he was up to . . . evangelistic shit like what he represented was precisely the type of "leadership" of revolt government under thread feared . . . and remember the left wing British Government was trying to depose the Ian Smith government in favor of the rebel led gang of Mugabe !! :duh::duh: while this all was going on.

For one who had "risen above the bank" to not see the scene into which he played his clumsy hand is, of course, a typical Hubbardism . . . the dullard.

Anyhow, Ronnie Boy was seen as a security risk and potential trouble. And so he was booted out of the country, and he never knew why because he was such an oaf and too dull to figure it out.

RogerB

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Willie Mandela? Do you mean Nelson or his wife Winnie?

Winnie was never in jail. Nelson was lucky to get life. Had he done in the USA what he was doing in South Africa at that time he would most certainly have got a death sentence.

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
Ah! Finally something that explains the 'Millenium' segment on 'Selfpsophy' where post office clad buggers atttempt to control society.

Now it makes sense!

Zinj

Well, truth is always stranger than fiction... even Zinj's fictions..

What actually happened is this... word got out that Millenium was doing a Scientology segment, and that scientology was not pleased, a gal I knew worked at the Lobby office of Newscorp Which owns Fox. Seems she had an errand to run in LA at the studios. She ended up getting in to see the producer for Millenium, giving them one of our big briefing packs re scientology, 'cause we didn't want them to soften the show for $cientology. She learned that someone had stolen a script... which ended up in the hands of Scientology's Elliot Abelson, who was threatening to sue for a number of reasons, one they didnt like their E-meter, and another was because the chief Selfologist was dressed in a sea org uniform.

Go to 53 seconds...

[video=youtube;PYvGMD-HToo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYvGMD-HToo[/video]

Well, to avoid litigation, and perhaps insult Abelson, it was decided to put the leader in a mailman's uniform.... In a strange twist (someone was having fun) in a Sienfeld episode shortly thereafter, the chubby mailman character in Seinfeld, went careening down a hill in San Francisco in an out of control rickshaw, which hit a man who had just walked out of a apartment building, the man hit was the same guy that played the Selfosophy Psycho (Scientologist) from this same Jose Chung episode of Millenium.

The best line in this episode was the hero when he mentions the Selfosophists, and his boss says, No, no, Not selfosophy.. we dont need to be involved. Hero says, why not? wait, we have confronted evil incarnate? Boss says " Evil Incarnate can't sue.

Back then it was tough getting anything bad about Scientology on TV...

Last edited:

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: LRH in Africa

lrh_africa.jpg

I could just puke looking at that pastey, white, fat fuck! To think the poor staffers are still at the Morgue until 10pm every night - cramming the "tech" cuz no one is coming in - and that ^ Piece of an excuse for a "human being" has devised a plan to take their money, their families and their sanity - slowly - until they are dead. All for absolutely nothing. He is so repulsive!!

secretiveoldfag

Silver Meritorious Patron
Rhodes looks very like You-Know-Who. Another link.

There is also a link here with the Mau-Mau episode in Kenya, where a native empowerment movement was interpreted by the British as a terrorist activity or subversive and put down ruthlessly, but totally ineffectively. There was no massacre of white settlers. Twelve Europeans were killed, or executed. Hundreds of Africans also died.

The true story behind this suppression should have been revealed after the usual time lapse (50 years?) but when this came round the papers were unaccountably missing. As far as I know.

But many people who lived in Kenya through this episode did not agree with the official attitude, though they worked with the so-called security forces, and the truth was always known. The Kikuyu leaders also survived into the 60s but did not discuss what for them was a minor episode. They had achieved what they wanted, one way or another.

RogerB

Crusader
Willie Mandela? Do you mean Nelson or his wife Winnie?

Winnie was never in jail. Nelson was lucky to get life. Had he done in the USA what he was doing in South Africa at that time he would most certainly have got a death sentence.

Yes, this is correct . . . my goof for typing with tired fingers and a mind distracted by food . . .

Here's a general question for you Brits, and especially the anons among you: since the UK has its own version of the Freedom of Information Act, has anyone given thought to obtaining release of any government materials related to LRH in Rhodesia, or elsewhere for that matter?

If there IS a transcript of a call between Smith and Wilson (?) or ministerial notes referencing LRH in Rhodesia, they might make interesting reading. Given the age of the events & the death of the involved parties, the government just might be willing to "cough up".

If verified the "draq queen incident" would make a notable addition to the Hubbard Mythos.

Mark A. Baker

Horseradish, over on WWP, is in the process of researching some English MEPO files at the moment.
Not sure if they hold any relevance to your thoughts, though.