The Rise and Fall of the Narconon Internet Marketing Empire Series

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Mary,

Do I have to give my name and e-mail address in order to comment on the blog?

Not your name, just email address. For registration confirmation I believe. All you have to do is scroll down to the Memo ( comment ) Box, say for example on this particular Part 8 here http://narcononreviews.net/narconon...he-narconon-internet-marketing-empire-part-8/
and type a comment and then it will direct you to register. I believe all you need to do is make up a user name and password and give an email address to then confirm registration, like done here . Your post may be approved as soon as you sign up. Ethercat is the admin here and at Narconon Reviews, so your info is very protected. Once you get and reply to registration email, you're able to post. It may be even easier than that. She registered me long ago when we were setting the site up so I don't remember but I doubt it's complicated or invasive.

Please do comment there. Much appreciated :)

AnonyMary

A Reaching for the Tipping Point member named Source from posted this quote from Series Part 8 and made a good comment :

Occasionally, you will be asked to write down any harmful acts that you have done, especially in secret, and turn them in to your boss in order to keep your job. Masturbate too much? Write it down and turn it in. Cheat on your spouse? Beat your wife? Engage in homosexual behaviors? Use drugs? Put it all down on paper and give it to your boss. If you refuse, you will probably be pulled from post or fired.

You will be taught how to sell Narconon. How to close cycles. How to debug Black PR on the internet. You will be taught that it is never unethical to lie to a parent or prospective client in order to bring them into Narconon. It will be explained to you that this is “the greatest good for the greatest number of dynamics”. This justification will allow you to do and say anything in order to bring someone in. You will probably be asked to read a book called “Big League Sales” which is the only non-Scientology book that you will ever be required to read. It is about selling by manipulation. The rest of your books and material will all be Scientology-based.
End Quote

I could have reposted the entire article...

I think it describes pretty well the work environment found in a Narconon. Amazing that they can get away with it.

Can you imagine working somewhere (other than Narconon) where your boss demands that you write down your secrets and give them to him/her. I cannot imagine how this is legal.
http://forum.reachingforthetippingpoint.net/index.php/topic,12669.msg33085.html#msg33085

Yup!

ethercat

Cat in flight
Not your name, just email address. For registration confirmation I believe. All you have to do is scroll down to the Memo ( comment ) Box, say for example on this particular Part 8 here http://narcononreviews.net/narconon...he-narconon-internet-marketing-empire-part-8/
and type a comment and then it will direct you to register. I believe all you need to do is make up a user name and password and give an email address to then confirm registration, like done here . Your post may be approved as soon as you sign up. Ethercat is the admin here and at Narconon Reviews, so your info is very protected. Once you get and reply to registration email, you're able to post. It may be even easier than that. She registered me long ago when we were setting the site up so I don't remember but I doubt it's complicated or invasive.

Please do comment there. Much appreciated :)

All you have to do to comment on the blog is put a name and email address (it does not have to be your real or primary name and/or email address). Comments are moderated, so it won't appear immediately. And yes, your info is private. Only the name (and a website if you leave one) will show to the public.

Registration is only for those who will be writing articles for the blog, or pages for the main site. Registration is turned off - I do it manually - so if anyone is interested in writing an article relevant to Narconon or rehab/recovery, let me know.

AnonyMary

The Rise and Fall of the Narconon Internet Marketing Empire (Part 9)
- Use of Scientology Ethics in the organization

Narconon Division 6 Conditions, Stats, and Formulas

[..]If you are a Narconon staff member, you will be assigned a Condition each Thursday, and you will be made to work the “formula” for the condition that you are in. This is not arbitrary, this is mandatory. So, we are going to take a look at a few of the appropriate conditions and corresponding formula that MUST be worked in each condition in the Sales Department of a Narconon."

Read more and post your thoughts at:
http://narcononreviews.net/narconon...he-narconon-internet-marketing-empire-part-9/

suspiciousperson

Patron with Honors
This took me a couple of days to get through (not because I am a retard, but because I only devote a very small period of time to scientology related stuff. But I am totally a retard as well). But it was welllllll worth it - this is fantastic writing and thanks Mary and your co-writers.

If I may request it, howzabout similar scientology essays about the commercial things, especially Thursday afternoons? Up till now while I was well aware of regs and lower conditions as terms I didn't really *get* them - this sort of thing is great for those who ned to get it from the outside and if I may say so the level of detail you go into is just perfect for scientology stuff.

Interestingly one way I know that is because the level of detail (and in a couple of cases over-simplification that had me going "NOT QUITE TECHNICALLY SPEAKING BUT I CAN'T THINK OF ANY BETTER WAY OF PUTTING IT WITHOUT GOING INTO EVEN MORE DETAIL LOOK AT ME I AM A NERD") about google was super-simplistic to me... yet also I can see thinking about it how even people who've been using the web for twenty years wouldn't get this unless they'd been interested in the right things.

So when you go into scientology stuff like that it's amazing and honestly better than anywhere else I'm aware of, and I've read BOOKS, like, with PAGES and stuff.

MOAR!!!!

ethercat

Cat in flight
Thank you all for the great comments! We'll make sure SEOlogy sees them.

suspiciousperson, you may also like to read:
The Narconon Program, which is intended to give a layman's overview of the courses taught in Narconon, which are, for the most part, identical to the earlier courses in scientology, and
Rehab Referral Sites, which includes some other details about the referral sites, though it's not as in-depth as the Rise and Fall series.

SEOlogy has done a wonderful job with this series, and I would love to hear more on some of the specific aspects he touched on, including what the "Narconon Sales Floor" is like on Thursdays. We'll see if we can convince him to write more.