What's new

The Rosicrucians: a low-pressure, less expensive version of Scientology

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
Just more evidence that Ron was a Con.

I am of the opinion that Ron was sold on the Rosicrucian/OTO psychic/spiritual abilities/tricks.

I think his affrimations (admissions) demonstrate that he believed in this stuff himself.

Rosicrucian (the version he studied) and OTO teachings lay great emphasis on what one might call spiritual or psychic magic.

I think Ron bought into this stuff, it fed his must-cause personality. It's all there in his magical admissions.

Scientology was his creation of a magical school, disguised at lower exoteric levels as a psychological school.

The esoteric teachings were scattered amongst the exoteric lower level teachings - in his live lectures especially, which were delivered to his inner school (Briefing Course) students. This esoteric magic was discussed by him even before he formalised his upper esoteric levels.

His esoteric teachings (OT levels) were his manifestation of his spiritual/psychic magic beliefs. Not surprisingly they tended not to produce the desired magic effects so Ron struggled and worked and devised revisons and new "discoveries" to try to bring his magic into realisation.

Most students in the Rosicrucian schools he left behind would be well aware that the man was doomed to fail and even doomed to a bad later life and bad death.

Was it a con?

Well from the outside it looks like a con, because it is a manipulative attempt at magic that is doomed to be a fail magic. It was secretive with levels and intentions not revealed even to the students of the magic processes (OT students) because Ron's intention was always to realise his own magical goals not to actually develop any magical powers in his devotees.

His exoteric school (lower level scientology) is a simple win/trance psychological school with it's own layers of decept, designed to select out suggestible subjects on which he could impose his esoteric magic.

So, yes it is a con in that it is not what it appears and the "wins" sold are not what they seem. The actual result of scientology levels is reduced freedom. This was a deliberate goal from "men are your slaves" Hubbard.

But Hubbard believed in the magic he touted as OT powers.

AnonOrange

Gold Meritorious Patron
I was giving an example of something that has been really studied by real scientists and come up with some sort of answer.

You're making the incorrect assumption that religion is what is at work here. Meditation, really should not be religion. People relax, go "mmm...mmm...mmm", clear their mind and proudly go around claiming they're spiritual. Go find me a spirit. If science can't find one, maybe, there should not be so much emphasis on them in society.

Your simple definition leaves out dangerous groups though, and includes some harmless ones.

All religions and cults are harmful. It makes people think wrong.

AnonOrange

Gold Meritorious Patron
Most students in the Rosicrucian schools he left behind would be well aware that the man was doomed to fail and even doomed to a bad later life and bad death.

From the money point of view, Ron was an incredible success, reading that he died with a net worth of $650M.

But from a consistent philosophy standpoint, because it was a mishmash of various stolen ideas and really bad science, it was a laughable failure.

bluewiggirl

Patron Meritorious
You're making the incorrect assumption that religion is what is at work here. Meditation, really should not be religion. People relax, go "mmm...mmm...mmm", clear their mind and proudly go around claiming they're spiritual. Go find me a spirit. If science can't find one, maybe, there should not be so much emphasis on them in society.
All religions and cults are harmful. It makes people think wrong.

Proving or disproving "spirit" is irrelevant for me. Religion has been show to have a psychological benefit to its followers, not a harmful effect.

http://www.spirituality.ucla.edu/newsletter_new/past_pdf/volume_4/Idler_Final.pdf

I have dox, where are yours?

AnonOrange

Gold Meritorious Patron
I have dox, where are yours?

060209_ashura_hmed_330a_hmedium.jpg

AnonOrange

Gold Meritorious Patron
Actually, just so you can see how honest I am about discussing religion:

Religion makes people more happy and causes them to live longer than secularism.

Because we evolved and religion has evolved with us, a symbiotic (not exactly the right word here) relationship has developed which benefits group selection. Religion appeals to humans, because the tribes that had religion were more cohesive, fought other scattered atheists better, and got to reproduce more. This in turn caused more humans to be born with that trait, which further turned that vicious circle.

It's a case of Fisher's runaway selection, which is normally used to explain the outrageous plumage on birds, and cute blue wigs on girls.

Roan

Patron with Honors
You may call me Orange, AO, or asshole. Thanks.
Francois,

When you stop doxing on message boards where I am on a Friday night without checking with me and stop passing along my personal e-mail to people without asking my permission, then I will pay more attention to how you wish to be addressed.

AnonOrange

Gold Meritorious Patron
Francois,

When you stop doxing on message boards where I am on a Friday night without checking with me and stop passing along my personal e-mail to people without asking my permission, then I will pay more attention to how you wish to be addressed.

I never doxed ANYONE on any message boards. I have always used the name Roan, when addressing you. I also use anon names on the phone or in person.

I wrote back to you along with 0815 some relevant info regarding Ollie that Graham had sent me. I thought both of you would like to see it.

csp

She offers no evidence whatsoever that homeopathy works, when in fact, homeo has been tested thoroughly, in the clinic, by homeopathic doctors and miserably failed every time.

Not exactly true ..

Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 2000 Apr;56(1):27-33.

Evidence of clinical efficacy of homeopathy. A meta-analysis of clinical trials.

CONCLUSIONS: There is some evidence that homeopathic treatments are more effective than placebo.

AnonOrange

Gold Meritorious Patron
Not exactly true ..

Eur J Clin Pharmacol. 2000 Apr;56(1):27-33.

Evidence of clinical efficacy of homeopathy. A meta-analysis of clinical trials.

CONCLUSIONS: There is some evidence that homeopathic treatments are more effective than placebo.

IMPOSSIBLE. Period.

Re-do the test or fire the experimenters that got bribed.

csp

Well ... the same could be said of the testing procedures of standard medications which are typically funded by the pharmaceutical companies themselves. A case of "the fox guarding the hen house" which is why so many FDA permitted drugs have been found to be poorly tested, unsafe and ineffective.

AnonOrange

Gold Meritorious Patron
Wow, that's some great scientific rigor there. "The results don't match what we expected, SOMEONE OBVIOUSLY FUCKED WITH THE EXPERIMENT!"

Spend 5 minutes reading about homeopathy. It's like ice cream with 10^-30 ice cream. Would you pay $29.99 for that ice cream?

AnonOrange

Gold Meritorious Patron
Well ... the same could be said of the testing procedures of standard medications which are typically funded by the pharmaceutical companies themselves. A case of "the fox guarding the hen house" which is why so many FDA permitted drugs have been found to be poorly tested, unsafe and ineffective.

Pharmaceutical companies suffer through ENORMOUS labor and pay billions for rigor to get effective and safe drugs to the market. This is HARD WORK, it's tedious and very risky financially. Billions are invested, with sometimes efficacy results that are slightly less then the acceptance threshold. Billions are often lost.

On the other hand, any moron with a lawnmower and small plastic containers can package grass clippings and sell them to the highest sucker and reap essentially pure profits with zero risks.

Pick your poison and I wish you prompt recovery if you get sick.

BTW, there's been 300 deaths in the US due to swine flu. What' you gona do?