What's new

The Rosicrucians: a low-pressure, less expensive version of Scientology

csp

My wife has had cancer for 3 years and uses a combination of traditional chemo and CAM. You have to be knowledgeable about both to effectively combine them effectively. I am also personally a Director of Research in traumatic brain injury and my neighbor is a research chemist for a pharmaceutical company specializing in cancer drugs, so I am well aware of the pros and cons of what goes on with research, clinical trials, costs, marketing and profits.

bluewiggirl

Patron Meritorious
Spend 5 minutes reading about homeopathy. It's like ice cream with 10^-30 ice cream. Would you pay $29.99 for that ice cream?

Oh lol, I do not support homeopathy at all. It was just your reaction to his argument that I was criticizing. If I'm gonna try and use magical thinking to solve my medical problems I'll stick with rocks, at least they're pretty and make good paperweights when you're done.

AnonOrange

Gold Meritorious Patron
Oh lol, I do not support homeopathy at all.

Actually even saying "I don't support homeopathy" almost gives it legitimacy, like it's something that could be supported, that warrants even being considered or discussed.

Certain things must be rejected, immediately dismissed as nonsense, considering the slightest bit of common sense needed to evaluate them. Homeopathy has enjoyed way more analysis, careful tests and polite consideration than it ever deserved.

Hubbard's nonsense should have been dismissed similarly.

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
Concerning the original topic of this thread; a couple of tid-bits of info that you didn't include.

The founder of AMORC, H. Spencer Lewis originally was a member of the 'Alpha et Omega' lodge of the Golden Dawn, which is the famous Rosicrucian type order that Crowley was first involved with. Lewis split after internal disagreements broke up the American GD and then created AMORC.

Another alum of the A.E.O. was a dude named Paul Case, and he went to off to form Builders of the Adytum, another Rosicrucian type group with mail-order lessons that still exists today.

It's well know in the inner circles of these groups that the various stories of 'Christian Rosencreutz' was an allegory, and C.R. supposedly represented everyman on his quest of spiritual enlightenment.

Another rather intriguing piece of lore on this subject is that Freemasonry, rather than going directly back to Solomon's Temple like they claim, was actually a sort of front group/seeding ground for the even more secretive orders that started recruiting after the Fama and the Confessio appeared. Promising members would be watched as they were made familiar with ceremonial practices, secrecy, etc, and hand picked out of the other members and told about even more fun and games going on.

This is mostly lost, and to my knowledge Freemasonry doesn't function like this anymore, or very rarely. Even the high ranking Masons haven't a clue as to their real origin. I've been all the way up in both the Rites of Masonry, and I can attest that they don't impart any real secrets. It's all still very heavily veiled.

The idea that the Freemasons are the real Illuminati, and behind secretly controlling the world is pretty ridiculous. They are just a group of mostly well-meaning guys enchanted with the glamour of it all, that justify themselves with works of charity, and impart only some very basic (and in some ways, rather questionable!) ethical and moral lessons to their members.

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
In addition to that other info on Freemasonry;

If you ever met someone who has gone through a 'French First' degree in Masonry, I highly recommend you don't challenge them to a game of 'chicken' or anything like that. Those bastards have cast iron balls of fire!

AnonOrange

Gold Meritorious Patron
In addition to that other info on Freemasonry;

If you ever met someone who has gone through a 'French First' degree in Masonry, I highly recommend you don't challenge them to a game of 'chicken' or anything like that. Those bastards have cast iron balls of fire!

I was told Jswift is into that. I'll ask next time.

I doubt he would wear Speedos at a protest though.

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
I'm going to post this here, and link from another thread that is straying pretty far off topic.

First, let me stress that I am only reporting stuff that I was told. I am not endorsing or confirming any beliefs in anything. This is information that has been passed down word of mouth. Let me stress again, at least that's what the guy who told me this stuff said it came from. All I can say is that I trust his integrity, and he probably trusted his source, but beyond that, how can we know? I suspect that there is at least some truth in this story, however, and I can give you my word of honor that this is what was told to me, if that's worth anything to you.

Beyond that, you are on your own.

The story is a long one, of course, but we take it up after the burning of the great library of Alexandria. As far as we know, the treasure of this library, the great collection of scrolls, was destroyed in stages, but the main burning of the facilities occurred when, in the first century B.C. (to hell with you and your 'before common era' revisionist bullshit!) Julius Caesar purposely lit it up because he was jealous of learned people, and had determined (certainly correctly) that educated people where harder to rule. 'Whoops, it was an accident' my ass!

The adepts (or professors) of this first arctypical university re-convened in Fez, Morocco, and discussed what was to be done now.

Interesting historical note; the local hat, the 'Fez' that the town is named for and the scholarly robes affected by the adepts is reputedly the precursor to our modern black robes and mortarboard hats that we traditionally use at graduations.

The great library was gone. How was the ancient wisdom to be preserved and passed to future generations? The remaining texts were not going to be honored for their learned information. Writing down out of memory what they knew was generally agreed to not be of any avail.

No, respect for intellectual knowledge was obviously not going to work. How about claiming it was sacred? It was quickly decided that that wouldn't work, either. One religions sacred texts and symbols are another's evil demonic blasphemes, to be destroyed.

These clever guys then decided that one way to secure the transmission of info was to hide it in games. If you can't appeal to mans virtues, you can sure as hell rely on his vices. After all, the first thing a conquering army did when occupying a country is to take up the recreations and games of that culture.

I should mention at this point that these guys (not necessarily me, got it?) believed that all knowledge sort of already existed in the 'akashic records' and all discoveries where really just recoveries from it. Think of the hypothetical situation where everyone who has ever seen, used, or known about chairs was offed. someone would still come up with a chair some day, and figure it was a new invention.

It would speed the process along quite a bit if a symbol of a chair was some how preserved. Get the idea?

So, games where fashioned that incorporated aspects of a sort of ancient parapsychology, for want of a better term.

The Tarot, which later evolved into our modern playing cards were one of these. I've already expounded on how various symbols represent different aspects of consciousness and their activities and effects.

Another game was the game of chess.

I'm sure I'll get blasted by people who are well versed in more traditional explanations of how chess came about, but let me reiterate; I'M NOT MAKING THIS SHIT UP, I'M ONLY REPORTING IT! Thank you.

Anyhoo, the eight by eight chessboard is really none other that the masonic 'treasleboard' that was used in actual stonemasonry to lay out patterns. The idea is that with the angle made by points in three places on the grid, you can get a real close approximation of all 90 degrees in a square, which lends itself to stonemason construction plans.

The pieces, like the symbols in the Tarot deck, but simpler, are aspects of consciousness. The King is super-consciousness, (or intuition) the Queen the sub-consciousness, the Bishop is self-consciousness, the Knight is the mind, and the Castle is the body. The pawns of each piece represent their activity, sort of like the second tier of the Tarot tableaux. The two sides are the light and dark natures that exist in all of us.

There is also a four sided version usually called 'enochian chess' that first seemed to make an appearance with John Dee, the famous sorcerer to the Queen. God knows if he only received it from his connects, or reconstituted it like the chair analogy. It of course takes the symbolism into the four Qabalistic worlds of Assiah, Yetzirah, Briah, and Atziluth.

We are still playing the games designed by the scholars of the sacked Great Library.

Let the persecution begin, I'm ready.:whistling:

Last edited:

KnightVision

Gold Meritorious Patron
Even a 'lower pressure', 'less expensive' version of Scientology would be of no interest to me.

Experiencing life directly, without the veil of some structured way of understanding it, is about as good as it gets.

Sorry, I don't do crazy.

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
I'm going to post this here, and link from another thread that is straying pretty far off topic.

The story is a long one, of course, but we take it up after the burning of the great library of Alexandria. As far as we know, the treasure of this library, the great collection of scrolls, was destroyed in stages, but the main burning of the facilities occurred when, in the first century B.C. (to hell with you and your 'before common era' revisionist bullshit!) Julius Caesar purposely lit it up because he was jealous of learned people, and had determined (certainly correctly) that educated people where harder to rule. 'Whoops, it was an accident' my ass!

The great library was gone. How was the ancient wisdom to be preserved and passed to future generations? The remaining texts were not going to be honored for their learned information. Writing down out of memory what they knew was generally agreed to not be of any avail.

No, respect for intellectual knowledge was obviously not going to work. How about claiming it was sacred? It was quickly decided that that wouldn't work, either. One religions sacred texts and symbols are another's evil demonic blasphemes, to be destroyed.

These clever guys then decided that one way to secure the transmission of info was to hide it in games. If you can't appeal to mans virtues, you can sure as hell rely on his vices. After all, the first thing a conquering army did when occupying a country is to take up the recreations and games of that culture.

I should mention at this point that these guys (not necessarily me, got it?) believed that all knowledge sort of already existed in the 'akashic records' and all discoveries where really just recoveries from it. Think of the hypothetical situation where everyone who has ever seen, used, or known about chairs was offed. someone would still come up with a chair some day, and figure it was a new invention.

The Tarot, which later evolved into our modern playing cards were one of these. I've already expounded on how various symbols represent different aspects of consciousness and their activities and effects.

Anyhoo, the eight by eight chessboard is really none other that the masonic 'treasleboard' that was used in actual stonemasonry to lay out patterns. The idea is that with the angle made by points in three places on the grid, you can get a real close approximation of all 90 degrees in a square, which lends itself to stonemason construction plans.

The pieces, like the symbols in the Tarot deck, but simpler, are aspects of consciousness. The King is super-consciousness, (or intuition) the Queen the sub-consciousness, the Bishop is self-consciousness, the Knight is the mind, and the Castle is the body. The pawns of each piece represent their activity, sort of like the second tier of the Tarot tableaux. The two sides are the light and dark natures that exist in all of us.

There is also a four sided version usually called 'enochian chess' that first seemed to make an appearance with John Dee, the famous sorcerer to the Queen. God knows if he only received it from his connects, or reconstituted it like the chair analogy. It of course takes the symbolism into the four Qabalistic worlds of Assiah, Yetzirah, Briah, and Atziluth.

We are still playing the games designed by the scholars of the sacked Great Library.

Let the persecution begin, I'm ready.:whistling:

I'm aware that most of what we now consider games descended from some other form of data storage or technique--even the humble hop-skotch.

The use of an 8*8 board to calculate angles also makes sense although, with my engineering background, I would probably opt for 16*16--32 bit numbers start to get a bet messy unless you can keep your head on straight--although when it comes to cryptography I have cracked 64 bit numbers.

Four-sided chess sounds interesting. I know of a "three-sided" version, that was inspired by a guy who felt like a spare wheel, and the board is ingenious.

I'm sure if we did research into Chinese Checkers, Draughts (checkers on a Chess board)--I have a whole set of "randomly" published magazines that need to be sorted into proper order and then I can extrapolate a variety of other "games".

As for the akashic records, it is not unreasonable to think that the Universe keeps far better records than we lowly lifeforms can do, and I am working on two projects to attempt accessing this data: One is entirely fictional, the other is a genuine technological effort--the difficulty is finding like-minded people in such a small geographical area.

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
I've watched French people play Tarot in cheap cafes. They play it all day if they can. They get quite excited about it. They are just playing cards. Nothing more.

It is very true that many of the people simply regard it as a game, but is the images become ingrained into the conscious and sub-concious minds.

Look at the origins of Nursery Rhymes. "Mary Mary quite contrary" is a social comment about Mary, Queen of Scots.

lrh's much loved Alice in Wonderland is a rich political parody of its time.

When people are forbidden to speak of certain topics, the information goes underground in some form of code.

I remember reading a paragraph of Crowley material in the possession of a person who believed that he was Crowley, and we had a 1/2 hour disagreement over an MU. The word used in the paragraph was "multiple", and I argued that it should have been "product". I won the argument by "word clearing" him the distinct meanings of the two words in mathematical context, and he then "cognited" that the word had been deliberately misused in order to set up a confusion so that upon resolution, it would open up other data that wasn't printed in that paragraph. "It emerged as a key mechanism to ensure that knowledge from a previous life would not be lost to that individual."

I have no doubt that if the origins of Tarot cards were the embedding of "forbidden" information, then I'm sure that somewhere in the not-too-distant future someone will naturally recognise this symbology and rebuild the information that they represent.

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
Look at the origins of Nursery Rhymes. "Mary Mary quite contrary" is a social comment about Mary, Queen of Scots.

I read someplace that this Mother Goose nursery rhyme was about the Catholic Church. Referring to Mary worship, and the 'quite contrary' the inquisition and what not. Silver bells and Cockle shells are symbols of lunar and Venusian goddesses, which is really the legacy from which the RCC derives it's power. Pretty maids all in a row refer to the nuns. This is derived from the ancient, pagan practice of 'temple virgins' who are thought to be the only people who can provide some sort of esoteric energy to the place.

The Grand Lodge in San Jose at AMORC headquarters opens lodge with a bevy of young girls confirmed to be virgins parading around, swinging censers and the like.

It's possible Laffy was somehow into this, with his group of 'messengers' following him around.

I have no doubt that if the origins of Tarot cards were the embedding of "forbidden" information, then I'm sure that somewhere in the not-too-distant future someone will naturally recognise this symbology and rebuild the information that they represent.

Perhaps they already have.

Here's an interesting article;

http://www.lvx.org/Archive/tarot.htm

another from the same site;

http://articles.lvx.org/Articles/Journal/TarotReflections.htm

Pepin

Patron with Honors

I'm sure I'll get blasted by people who are well versed in more traditional explanations of how chess came about, but let me reiterate; I'M NOT MAKING THIS SHIT UP, I'M ONLY REPORTING IT! Thank you.

I heard that chess was invented by the babylonians to work on strategies for war. Actually Missler told me that about 20 years ago.

then I founds this on wiki:
The precursors of chess originated in India during the Gupta empire,[1][2][3][4] where its early form in the 6th century was known as chaturaṅga, which translates as "four divisions [of the military]": infantry, cavalry, elephantry, and chariotry, represented by the pieces that would evolve into the modern pawn, knight, bishop, and rook, respectively.[5] In Sassanid Persia around 600 the name became chatrang and the rules were developed further, and players started calling "Shāh!" (Persian for "King!") when attacking the opponent's king, and "Shāh māt!" (Persian for "the king is finished") when the king was attacked and could not escape from attack; these exclamations persisted in chess as it traveled to other lands thereafter.

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
I heard that chess was invented by the babylonians to work on strategies for war. Actually Missler told me that about 20 years ago.

then I founds this on wiki:
The precursors of chess originated in India during the Gupta empire,[1][2][3][4] where its early form in the 6th century was known as chaturaṅga, which translates as "four divisions [of the military]": infantry, cavalry, elephantry, and chariotry, represented by the pieces that would evolve into the modern pawn, knight, bishop, and rook, respectively.[5] In Sassanid Persia around 600 the name became chatrang and the rules were developed further, and players started calling "Shāh!" (Persian for "King!") when attacking the opponent's king, and "Shāh māt!" (Persian for "the king is finished") when the king was attacked and could not escape from attack; these exclamations persisted in chess as it traveled to other lands thereafter.

Don't believe everything you hear.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
As for the akashic records, it is not unreasonable to think that the Universe keeps far better records than we lowly lifeforms can do, and I am working on two projects to attempt accessing this data: One is entirely fictional, the other is a genuine technological effort--the difficulty is finding like-minded people in such a small geographical area.

I didn't get very far with it, but my technological approach was based on Barbara Brennan's approach to memory — you just contact the thing in question as solidly as possible and roll back its memory, rather like the familiar process of rolling back your own. Then I was reading some manual on "Technical Remote Viewing." I had thought it was a lot of bunk, but on looking more closely at what they were doing it seemed their approach to isolating the signal from the noise could well be valid. And they had done a lot of work on taking out that noise.

That approach seemed to be a more useful avenue than the simplistic one I was thinking of pursuing, and I stopped working on it.

Paul

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
I didn't get very far with it, but my technological approach was based on Barbara Brennan's approach to memory — you just contact the thing in question as solidly as possible and roll back its memory, rather like the familiar process of rolling back your own. Then I was reading some manual on "Technical Remote Viewing." I had thought it was a lot of bunk, but on looking more closely at what they were doing it seemed their approach to isolating the signal from the noise could well be valid. And they had done a lot of work on taking out that noise.

That approach seemed to be a more useful avenue than the simplistic one I was thinking of pursuing, and I stopped working on it.

Paul

Interesting you should mention 'rolling back'.

One of the practical methods that I am privy to says (after you have become familiar with the Tarot) to visualize the High Priestess-which symbolizes memory- unrolling her scroll for you when you want to remember something.

It always worked like a charm for me! Wadaya know? real magic.

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
Interesting you should mention 'rolling back'.

One of the practical methods that I am privy to says (after you have become familiar with the Tarot) to visualize the High Priestess-which symbolizes memory- unrolling her scroll for you when you want to remember something.

It always worked like a charm for me! Wadaya know? real magic.

I never "got" the thing about 'rolling back'. My memory is filed as randomly as my banking records.

Can you please 'roll back' your High Priestess' Scroll and tell me the registration/license plate of the first car that you saw on January 1 this year?

When I said I was attempting a "technological" approach, I meant with the aid of mechanical apparatus to eliminate or, at the very least, reduce the mental bias of the person(s) involved. If it works at all, one of the earliest questions will be: Please give instructions on building a better instrument than this one.