What's new

The Route In.

DartSmohen

Silver Meritorious Patron
:faceslap: Have you ever wondered about the reasoning behind the intro steps of the Purification Rundown, The Happiness Rundown and the False Purpose Rundown. At the end of this last step you have a member who is totally committed, enslaved, in fact.:omg:

Let us start with the Purification Rundown.
This is a very laudable step. What a great idea to cleanse the impurities out of your body so that you are no longer the effect of them. I am sure many people will affirm that they got great results out of this and I am sure they did. After all, there would seem to be no down-side to this action.:confused2:

Well, let us look more closely. First of all, normal exercise will and soes achieve exactly what the Purif sets out to deliver, but without the expensive procedures and the enormous amounts of vitamins, niacin and minerals that you ingest.:duh:

I do not know where Hubbard picked up on the emotive datum that LSD and other drugs get stored in the fatty tissues of the body, maybe it it true, maybe it is a fabrication. You decide for yourself:melodramatic:

My brother-in law was head of biochemistry at a leading North East hospital. When he heard my wife has tried the purif out he laughed and said "Hullo Zombie":confused2:

What did he mean? Was he simply having a dig at the philosophy behind the purif, or was he making a professional observation?

I asked him to explain his comment. He told me that when you take such large amounts of vitamins and minerals, the body simply expels what it cannot process, but the remaining stuff needs to be assimilated. In order to do so, the body draws on essential amino acide stored in the fatty tissues of the brain.

What is wrong with that, I asked. Nothing at all, except that as a result of the sudden drop in levels of amino acids, the person becomes more compliant, more obedient and responsive to commands.:angry:

Having attested complate, the person willingly signs up for the Way to Happiness Rundown. Here they study and take on board the rules for happiness that Hubbard sets out for them. It doesn't matter if they have their own cultural or personal rules, these are the rules you live by. The end product is that the person has a valence shift.

Are you following this?

The person has started off as a fully self- determined person and has moved on down to become other -determined, heading toward robotic.

Now we come to the False Purpose Rundown. Here the person is persuaded that any critical thoughts they may have had about any aspect of Scn, Hubbard or any of the other elements of the cult, were not their thoughts, but something said by another person, a SP or such.

The end result is a person who is totally on-board, a committed Scientologist who simply follows the party line, who is programmed to yap and snarl at the merest hint of criticism against the cult.:furious:

If you want to see some very good examples of this product, have a close look at the behaviour of the OSA and security goons. They have been completely programmed. This is repeated conditioning with rewards for compliance and penalties for failure to obey.:omg:

A downward spiral from self-determinism down to fully robotic.

Is there an underlaying evil purpose being carried out here by the cult?
Or is this just a wierd coincidence?:faceslap:

Each of us has our own point of view on this.

What is yours?

lionheart

Gold Meritorious Patron
Is the Happiness Rundown run as a regular intro service?

I thought it wasn't much delivered these days?

Your analysis of the purif is very interesting, I personally found it did make me more compliant.

Your analysis of the HRD: although what you say may be true, the idea of the rundown is the opposite of what you state (not that such duplicity ever stopped LRH! :duh: ). In my experience of the HRD the PC dropped assumed valences rather than assuming one.

Snuffy

Patron Meritorious
Is the Happiness Rundown run as a regular into service?

Your analysis of the purif is very interesting, I personally found it did make me more compliant.

Your analysis of the HRD: although what you say may be true, the idea of the rundown is the opposite of what you state (not that such duplicity ever stopped LRH! :duh: ). In my experience of the HRD the PC dropped assumed valences rather than assuming one.

Happiness RD is generally after Purif and Trs and Objectives co-audit, and right before ARC Straightwire and the Grades.

To me, it's the TRs and Objectives co-audit that really begins to lay in the control. Op Pro by Dup, whew!

Veda

Sponsor
Happiness RD is generally after Purif and Trs and Objectives co-audit, and right before ARC Straightwire and the Grades.

To me, it's the TRs and Objectives co-audit that really begins to lay in the control. Op Pro by Dup, whew!

IMO, most things in Scientology have a positive and negative side, and, in the "Scientology operation," they seem to go together, the way that lacquer and solvent make a glue.

Op Pro by Dup can be a positive, up to a point, and then can become a negative - control of a negative kind.

One of the first actions that I did on a person, when auditing a person (after leaving Scientology), was review the person's auditing inside Scientology. This was done by asking him/her, not by reviewing folders (there were none, these were still inside Scientology), and when I was asked by one person to audit him on Dianetics and the Lower Grades, and offered to do so, and then began - with a quick trip back to review his Objectives, which he already had done inside Scientology - there was protest. The person disliked the idea of even reviewing OP Pro by Dup. It became necessary to, in effect, "run out" his experience of having "OP Pro by Dup" massively overrun on him with "book" and "bottle."

By having the person select two dissimilar objects, of his choice, and briefly running these on the process, the person discharged the protest of the first experience, was causative over the experience, could accept or reject it without effort, and we could move on to the rest of the auditing that this person wanted.

One difficulty with explaining Scientology is that it contains these "positives" and "negatives," intertwined.

Even something as innocent as "word clearing" and "study tech" has a sneaky hook, a manipulative aspect mixed in with the "positive."

That's why "sorting out" Scientology is a good idea.

Snuffy

Patron Meritorious
One difficulty with explaining Scientology is that it contains these "positives" and "negatives," intertwined.

Even something as innocent as "word clearing" and "study tech" has a sneaky hook, a manipulative aspect mixed in with the "positive."

Yes. Still struggling with that myself. Going from it-was-all-bullsh*t, to confusion. It's like I don't want to accept that anything in $cn worked, because that's how they hook you in to begin with. They get an initial agreement from you that something in thier "tech" works, then another, and then another after that, and before you know it you think your entire eternity rests in the hands of Davd Miscavaige.

So, I shudder when I try to see anything positive, even though I know looking up misunderstood words in a dictionary is useful and that it doesn't have to follow that every word LRH ever wrote is true beyond question.

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
HRD got reinstated onto the Bridge. That was about 96 or so. Now its required.

I remember when it happened I was upset because I would have to receive it and I knew it would be very expensive if I did it as an OT. (I guess I knew I was going to be leaving the SO. I knew I would not be spending my life dedicated to someone elses cause) :eyeroll:

Bea Kiddo

Crusader
I think the observations about the Purif are good. It does seem to do that. I never really understood why all the vitamins. Some days I took 30 pills!!!:omg:

Anyways, about FPRD, it was not something that would have been done as introductory auditing. Because a person has to be able to run wholetrack with reality before they are programmed for it. So, as a C/S, it would be hard to tell from someone who had only done the Purif whether or not they were able to run wholetrack.

Usually after Purif would be Objectives, Scn DRD and HRD. after that, sometimes FPRD, but more commonly would be the Grades.

Div6

Crusader
I agree with FPRD...it is used extensively on staff and public to keep them in the solildly blind obedience band.

But, it is not on the Grade Chart as far as I know.

Unless you are staff... then that is all you can get.

DartSmohen

Is the Happiness Rundown run as a regular intro service?

The point was that if you droppedyour own codes of conduct and took on board Hubbard's rules for happy living, that itaelf was a valence sfift. You were no longer acting as your own self.

Colleen K. Peltomaa

IMO, most things in Scientology have a positive and negative side, and, in the "Scientology operation," they seem to go together, the way that lacquer and solvent make a glue.

Op Pro by Dup can be a positive, up to a point, and then can become a negative - control of a negative kind.

One of the first actions that I did on a person, when auditing a person (after leaving Scientology), was review the person's auditing inside Scientology. This was done by asking him/her, not by reviewing folders (there were none, these were still inside Scientology), and when I was asked by one person to audit him on Dianetics and the Lower Grades, and offered to do so, and then began - with a quick trip back to review his Objectives, which he already had done inside Scientology - there was protest. The person disliked the idea of even reviewing OP Pro by Dup. It became necessary to, in effect, "run out" his experience of having "OP Pro by Dup" massively overrun on him with "book" and "bottle."

By having the person select two dissimilar objects, of his choice, and briefly running these on the process, the person discharged the protest of the first experience, was causative over the experience, could accept or reject it without effort, and we could move on to the rest of the auditing that this person wanted.

Right, it seems to get put on a circuit and then becomes a looped dramatization. Okay, fine, look my words up in a dictionary, just don't make a religion out of it, alright!!

DartSmohen

I think you have made some excellent posts to this board. This one, however, is not one of them as far as I am concerned.

Nick

Hullo Nick,

That is a fair comment.

All I wish is to open the subject up for debate and discussion.

This is something I have heard talked about, from several different sides and I thought it might be something of interest for others to express their ideas on.

DartSmohen

So if they beefed up the program with essential amino acids, then it would be a good program?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I really do not know. How would you take them? Simply swallowing them would result in your gastric juices breaking them down into simple parts. Should they be injected?

You raised the possibility of this working, so, how do you see it coming about?

Leon

Gold Meritorious Patron
The split in the Orgs world wide back in 1983 was date coincident with the Happiness Rundown program. I remember C/Sing for guys at FOLO in Johannesburg on my C/S internship and ALL of those who did the HRD realised that it was impossible to keep to the precepts while in the Sea Org and they ALL blew soon after the HRD. This was apparently a worldwide phenomena and was one of the big reasons that Mayo's original version of the R/D (which is what I was doing and C/Sing) was abolished. Only after Mithoff had alter-sed it into uselessness was it reinstated.

The HRD is far far far from brainwashing. It produced self-determined guys like few other rundowns ever did. Hence the schism in Scientology.

This does not deny the effect of the mission holder crime that was perpetrated, but the effects of that were pretty much confined to the USA. What got the rest of the world on board was the HRD. And what upset the SeaOrg high-nobs was the fact that just about every S.O. member who got the R/D blew soon after.

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
I didn't really "enjoy" the purif. I was difficult, willful and very self-determined throughout. All that made me attest completion was like a "little switch" in my brain had flipped, and that was it. Pfffft!

The one big change in my life from the purif is that I'm now far less heat-tolerant than I ever was before.

I very quickly went down hill on objectives and my response was "I feel like I'm being turned into a robot." I still don't know what the EP was supposed to be. If the EP was "fully compliant robot", then it failed miserably.