What's new

The Saga of David Mayo: Scientology’s Banished Tech Wizard

F.Bullbait

Oh, a wise guy,eh?
I was reading some of David Mayo's articles and listening to some of his lectures for the first time last week. What wise commentary!

I did this to relieve ridges developed from listening to too much LRH.

Too bad his sage counsel cannot be heard here. One can't blame him for that, given that CoS, with millions to spend on harassment, would probably jump all over him.

wazn

Patron with Honors
Rolling over and 'dying' on hot sand in the hot desert (100 - 130 F) while running around a tall pole painted red for 12 hours/day while being interrogated for hours each night (sleep deprivation), was apparently not enough! What more can a poor boy do?

David, you were more than a good friend to many and it makes me :angry: when I think of the shit you went through. You were kind and wise those many years ago when our paths crossed. You gave a lot, you cared a lot and you taught a lot. :hattip:

Rolling over and 'dying' on hot sand in the hot desert (100 - 130 F) while running around a tall pole painted red for 12 hours/day while being interrogated for hours each night (sleep deprivation), was apparently not enough! What more can a poor boy do?

fukkk all you whining weenies, CoS ain't got nuthin' on parris island

Danger Mouse

Patron with Honors
I think that one of the reasons that Scientology failed to turn me into a "Rondroid" was that I'd been through Basic Training and had been brainwashed by experts already.

Rene Descartes

Gold Meritorious Patron
Dave,

Back in the day when I saw that tech film where the wicked evil nasty uncle Psychiatrist raped the niece and did ECT on her after to make her forget, well at that time I thought that this was really hitting the nail on the head and that the film really pinpointed the evils of Psychiatry and why it can mess cases up.

I have to apologize that today my views are quite different. Well maybe I don't have to apologize but none-the-less if I saw that movie today I probably would be thinking that some Alfred Hitchcock wanna-be filmed it and that he better get a new day job.

And when I read that stupid issue called "Anatomy of a Squirrel" I was thinking that something just wasn't quite right and for sure now I know that things were far from quite right and that you were raked over the coals and left out to burn in the sun.

Nowadays I pray that you live long enough to see the proper individuals get their comeuppance and even though you probably are a saint and would not relish in the thought that they got what they deserve I feel that the universe owes you the right and priviledge to feel that way for a brief moment when it does occur.

Bless you brother!

Rd00

David Mayo

Patron with Honors
Dave,

Back in the day when I saw that tech film where the wicked evil nasty uncle Psychiatrist raped the niece and did ECT on her after to make her forget, well at that time I thought that this was really hitting the nail on the head and that the film really pinpointed the evils of Psychiatry and why it can mess cases up.

I have to apologize that today my views are quite different. Well maybe I don't have to apologize but none-the-less if I saw that movie today I probably would be thinking that some Alfred Hitchcock wanna-be filmed it and that he better get a new day job.

And when I read that stupid issue called "Anatomy of a Squirrel" I was thinking that something just wasn't quite right and for sure now I know that things were far from quite right and that you were raked over the coals and left out to burn in the sun.

Nowadays I pray that you live long enough to see the proper individuals get their comeuppance and even though you probably are a saint and would not relish in the thought that they got what they deserve I feel that the universe owes you the right and priviledge to feel that way for a brief moment when it does occur.

Bless you brother!

Rd00

After I got out I took a psychology class which I enjoyed. And I've sometimes had dinner with a practicing psychiatrist. Among other things we discussed the power of empathy as a healing agent. It would be nice to spread that idea around more on ESMB.

Thank you for your kindness,

David

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron
Dave,

Bless you brother!

Rd00
yeah story of a squirrel...left anyone with two brain cells left to rub together either knowing lrh was lost in the woods all along, OR the church had been taken over. Either way, it was high time to bow out.

exseaorgclocmoflagetc

Patron with Honors
This has just been published by Tony Ortega, chatting to Jon Atack
Full article: http://tonyortega.org/2013/04/13/the-saga-of-david-mayo-scientologys-banished-tech-wizard/
whats so funny(not) about this is that I was a very young child when this was happening and I would hear Mayo's name mentioned is buzzing gossip conversations..when I would ask "who is that?" ..the answer was always "a very very bad man, an SP, Squirrel who wants to destroy the church"....bought it hook line and sinker and was always on the watch for the Mayo boogie man to pop up...lol these kind of things were always being put in my innocent child mind instead of a real childhood. it wasnt until recently as an adult I read the whole story and it just made me think so much worse of the church and feel bad for Mayo.