What's new

The Saga of David Mayo: Scientology’s Banished Tech Wizard

AnonKat

Crusader
THE BUNKER: Mayo is a fascinating story.

http://tonyortega.org/2013/04/13/the-saga-of-david-mayo-scientologys-banished-tech-wizard/

UPDATE: And here’s David Mayo today…

David_Mayo_Today.jpg

Last edited:

Jquepublic

Silver Meritorious Patron
I can't find a word about Mayo that I can find in that article. Tony must have decided to pull it. Maybe it'll have a blog entry of its own.

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
was Mayo gagged by the Cult of Scientology? Does he still believe in the TEK and El Con? I wish he would talk in PT and tell everyone what the Cult and El Con did!

Hatshepsut

Crusader
I was just thinking about him as I was delving into the link to the Rudolf Steiner Archives posted on this board. Huh. That was just a few minutes ago too. :p hope you find what you are looking for Anonkat. There's enough out there.

AnonKat

Crusader
I was just thinking about him as I was delving into the link to the Rudolf Steiner Archives posted on this board. Huh. That was just a few minutes ago too. :p hope you find what you are looking for Anonkat. There's enough out there.

Steiner was a bit funny about Native Americans and African people

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron
was Mayo gagged by the Cult of Scientology? Does he still believe in the TEK and El Con? I wish he would talk in PT and tell everyone what the Cult and El Con did!

As part of the settlement David Mayo has signed a "non-talk" agreement. But as far as he can, he has already spoken out:
http://www.ivymag.org/iv-01-02.html
Clear
By David Mayo, USA.
It is also significant that the attributes of a clear, as described in DMSMH, were never actually attained, although in reading DMSMH, one might be led to believe that they were.
"Clears" have always had trouble explaining why they still act reactively at times, or a lot of the time, and why they still have problems in life and in getting along with people.
The truth appears to be that there are various stages of release, at each one of which you are clear-er than you were. A person experiencing the glee of insanity is clear-er than someone who is just completely unconscious. It was PR and marketing considerations that led Hubbard to decide that certain people were "clear" at a certain point, and that they therefore had no reactive mind. However this assertion is a lie, and a very destructive one, one that denies case gain .....

Translation: Hubbard was a lying con-man

From Tony Ortega´s article:
http://tonyortega.org/2013/04/13/the-saga-of-david-mayo-scientologys-banished-tech-wizard/
Mayo was already equivocal about the “Tech” before he left. In particular, he was concerned about OT III, and the OT levels in general. He felt that by letting people continue up the Bridge, they too would come to realize that this material was bogus. By the time Mayo left the Institute for Research into Metapsychology in Palo Alto in 1988, he had abandoned the OT levels altogether. He has also published his critique of New Era Dianetics, giving cogent reasons for its failure to achieve the promises made for it by Scientology.
As to the NOTs material, Mayo has said that he audited Hubbard on “misconceptions,” not on Body Thetans. When Hubbard had recovered somewhat, he engaged in his usual “research” method - he dictated bulletins to Mayo which had little bearing on the approach that Mayo had used.

Translation: Xenu, BT´s and Clusters are the results of the paranoid phantasy of a drug-addicted mentally instable con-man.

Here are the last words of El-con Hubbard - at the end, all he could do was say the same thing, over and over:
http://home.earthlink.net/~snefru/deathoflrh/prince-death.html
El-con Hubbard said:
"There are more BTs! Many more than people realize!"

From Tony Ortega´s blog:
http://tonyortega.org/2013/08/03/sc...in-to-think-of-crossing-the-border/#more-8928
Jon Atack said:
As it happened, I had shown a copy of the pack to a friend .... and told my friend that Hubbard had been “on drugs” when he wrote OT III. He handed me the pack, and said, “Phenobarbital.” I had to do a double take, but he explained that as a young man, he’d taken this powerful barbiturate and that in high doses, it had made him feel that the world was exploding and that he had been fractured into separate entities. Later, of course, I saw the prescription for phenobarbital in Hubbard’s Navy records - for his purported ulcer - and found his own admission, in a lecture, that he’d been addicted to that barbiturate (the original Research and Discovery series, volume 1, at page 124).

From this forum, about the L´s:
http://www.forum.exscn.net/showthread.php?31348-Draconian-mind-control-Ls&p=797540#post797540
David Mayo said:
PirateAndBum said:
I did L-11 and L-12 back in early 93.

..... At the time I was extraordinarily happy with the results. The state I experienced was short-lived, ..... That it wasn't stable is another matter.
Without commenting on the above, I thank you PirateAndBum for your succinct and cogent description.

Translation: The L´s lead only to a temporary and unstable win - therefore not worth the money.

Do you need more ?

Last edited:

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
He [Mayo] has also published his critique of New Era Dianetics, giving cogent reasons for its failure to achieve the promises made for it by Scientology.

Is Jon referring to the "Clear" article here or something else I haven't read yet? :confused2:

I think I've read it all by now, being the indefatigable lurker I am. :coolwink: :yes:

AnonKat

Crusader
All he really was fan of was auditing with or without a meter and later brought what tidbits of Scientology he deemed usefull into Metapsychology wich would connent him up with Frank gerbode, the onley Psychiatrist ever been a Scientologist for a Time who stripped some of the Scientology of its Religiosity and crazy stufff to be usefull in the field of Psychology, Coming full cirkel as Hubbard first started a school of psychology that got taxed to death.

[video=youtube;3dCFUBkXmos]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dCFUBkXmos[/video]

[video=youtube;i_DlxrsUyYs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_DlxrsUyYs[/video]

Mick Wenlock

Admin Emeritus (retired)

David was the victim of vicious and virulent harassment for years. The settlement gave him the chance to walk away and get a life of his own. Which he has successfully done.

AFAIK he has nothing to do with anything scientology related though, like a lot of us that have nothing to do with the insane organizations of scientology believers, he does occasionally read up on what has been happening.

pollywog

Patron with Honors
David was the victim of vicious and virulent harassment for years. The settlement gave him the chance to walk away and get a life of his own. Which he has successfully done.

AFAIK he has nothing to do with anything scientology related though, like a lot of us that have nothing to do with the insane organizations of scientology believers, he does occasionally read up on what has been happening.
He could tell us so much. But he can't. Were I in his shoes, I wouldn't either. Better safe than sorry. But oh the stories he could tell us. Sigh. Maybe someday.

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
AFAIK he has nothing to do with anything scientology related though . . .

A revealing post from January 2013 where David talks about his "final conclusion" and current mindset.

Pretty interesting. Food for thought for sure.

YMMV. :)

I don't agree that the human brain cannot imagine non-existence. I have. Including when my life has been threatened.

I agree that the human brain (usually) makes up stuff that is imaginary -- when desperate to believe in a hereafter. I have done that, too.

Yes, this may be 'just pondering' but believing in past or future lives are both just pondering, too. My final conclusion is agnostic -- I don't know but I lean (strongly) toward the belief that I have not had any past lives, nor will I have any future lives. I can now, reasonably happily, live with this for as long as do I live.

As far as I know, every religion (belief system) has asserted that if one behaves as they prescribe one will enjoy some form or after life but if one does not so conform one will suffer (in death? even if dead?). My opinion here is that any belief system is an attempt to control those it can latch onto.

My advice to myself and to anyone who thinks similarly, is to live life as best you can for yourself and for others -- which I have found to make my life more enjoyable most of the time and despite adversities. As for the hereafter, if there is one, "come what may".

This may offend some but truth is better than fiction.

My best wishes,

David Mayo

[Bold is mine.]

Thanks for your thoughtful and genuine comments, David.

Appreciated! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

DagwoodGum

Squirreling Dervish
Is it just in my own warped imagination or did he remind anyone of Mr. Rodgers?
They both shared a gentle charm that made others feel comfortable and valuable, even from a distance.
I never met the man though wish I had.
Or perhaps your Sneakster had it right and it was really a bunch of Mr. Rogers razzle dazzle postings as David Mayo's doppelganger here on board?!?

Last edited:

phenomanon

Canyon
All he really was fan of was auditing with or without a meter and later brought what tidbits of Scientology he deemed usefull into Metapsychology wich would connent him up with Frank gerbode, the onley Psychiatrist ever been a Scientologist for a Time who stripped some of the Scientology of its Religiosity and crazy stufff to be usefull in the field of Psychology, Coming full cirkel as Hubbard first started a school of psychology that got taxed to death.

[video=youtube;3dCFUBkXmos]

[video=youtube;i_DlxrsUyYs]
Where did Hubbard start a school of psychology that got taxed to death? Wnen was that?