What's new

THE SECRET OF SCIENTOLOGY PART 1

mockingbird

Silver Meritorious Patron
Now , for some on freedom .

"If you really want to enslave people, tell them that you are going to give them total freedom." -- L. Ron Hubbard

Man has never before had such a map. It is the Bridge to Total Freedom. It is the route. It is exact and has a standard progression. One walks it and one becomes free.

HMM ? Not the least bit suspicious !!!

"Scientology is a religious philosophy in its highest meaning as it brings man to Total Freedom."
[SIZE=-1]- L. Ron Hubbard, Religious Philosophy and Religious Practice, 21 June 1960, revised 18 April 1967.

[/SIZE]

"An endless freedom from is a perfect trap, a fear of all things ... Fixed on too many barriers, man yearns to be free. But launched into total freedom he is purposeless and miserable."
[SIZE=-1]- L. Ron Hubbard, The Reason Why; 15 May 1956.

[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]"We've got some new ways to make slaves here."
-L. Ron Hubbard, Philadelphia Doctorate Course lecture 20, 1952.

[/SIZE]
"Scientology is used to increase spiritual freedom, intelligence, ability and to produce immortality."
- L. Ron Hubbard, DIANETICS AND SCIENTOLOGY TECHNICAL DICTIONARY, copyright 1975, reprinted 1987, p. 370

Did you ever read poor old George Orwell’s 1984? Yes, yes, that’s wonderful. That would be — could be the palest imagined shadow of what a world would be like under the rule of the secret use of Scientology with no remedy in existence.(PDC lecture of 6 December 1952 “Formative State of Scientology, Definition of Logic”)

Okay , these are OBVIOUS contradictions and to many out giant red flags !

Well , how about something less esoteric and metaphorical than spiritual freedom .

Sex and family !

Almost all of us have sex at some point in our lives and want answers on this to guide us.

So , let's start with some quotes from the way to happiness :

Sex is the means by which the race projects itself into the future through children and the family. A lot of pleasure and happiness can come from sex: nature intended it that way so the race would go on.

Sex is a big step on the way to happiness and joy. There is nothing wrong with it if it is followed with faithfulness and decency.

A child factually does not do well without love. Most children have an abundance of it to return. The way to happiness has on its route the loving and
the helping of children from babyhood to the brink of adult life. End quote .

Hmm not too bad .

From Scientology's OWN website we get the very familiar :

L. Ron Hubbard defined the Second Dynamic like this:
"The second dynamic is the urge toward existence as a sexual activity. This dynamic actually has two divisions. Second dynamic (a) is the sexual act itself and the second dynamic (b) is the family unit including the rearing of children. This can be called the sex dynamic

Hmm okay , this SEEMS kosher so far...

This is an excerpt from a taped conversation with L Ron Hubbard in 1974 and his quotes affected very strongly. “The GE is a family man; the GE is lost without a family. It’s very strange, but Homo sap i.e. a family unit. The GE is built on that basis. It’s fascinating, fascinating. It’s not important to know it but a lot of your urges toward families and so forth are not thetan urges at all, they’re the GE. The GE can’t survive at all without a family unit. He’s just as dead as a mackerel if he isn’t a family unit, whereas your thetan is just dead as a mackerel if he gets too mixed up in family units.

You can’t talk to GEs; they’re kind of psycho. And by the way, you can fall into this dreadful trap with a GE. You see, he uses the MEST universe with which to build. He’s gotten very, very bad off and he has to use MEST materials all the time.

So, you get this situation here with the GE, and your GE is busy: build, build, build, build, and build. And, of course he’s got to have a family to build with.

You get this terrific family thirst. And you get your GE surviving best and being loused up the most because of inter-family relationships. And your thetan, by the way, can much more easily go into a group. Families are not good groups; they’re bad groups.”

GE is the Genetic Entity. The Scientology Tech Dictionary defines it this way: 1. That beingness not dissimilar to the thetan which has carried forward and developed the body from its earliest moments along the evolutionary line on earth and which, through experience, necessity and natural selection, has employed the counter-efforts of the environment to fashion an organism of the type best fitted for survival, limited only by the abilities of the genetic entity.The goal of the genetic entity is survival on a much grosser plane of materiality.

2. Formerly referred to as the somatic mind. It has no real personality; it is not the “I” of the body. This is the “mind” of an animal, a dog or a cat or a cow.

3. That entity which is carried along through time, that is making the body through the time stream, through the action of sex and so forth.

UH , wait a minute - at first sex and family are totally cool and NOW they are part of something ...

Quotes from HCO BULLETIN OF 26 AUGUST 1982 PAIN AND SEX :

There are two items in this universe that cause more trouble than many others combined.
One is PAIN.The other is SEX. One should know more about these things. They may have applications but they are used by destructive beings in great volume to cave others in.

Despite the false data of Freud, psychologists, psychiatrists and other criminals, they are not native to a being. They are only artificial wavelengths. They have exact frequencies that can be manufactured. A being or a machine can synthesize either one.

Pain becomes a lock on a being's abhorrence for misalignment of his own electrical flows. It is a lock upon unconsciousness which shuts off knowingness.

Sex is a lock on and perversion of the "joy of creation" which involves a whole being and expands him, but by using just one wavelength, sex, this can be perverted and he contracts.

When pain enters a scene, a being withdraws, contracts and can go unconscious. When sex enters the scene, a being fixates and loses power.

Destructive creatures who do not want people big or reaching -- since they are terrified of punishment due to their crimes -- invented pain and sex to shrink people and cut their alertness, knowingness, power and reach.

Thus, you see people who are "experiencing" either pain or sex introverting and not producing much Pain and sex were the INVENTED tools of degradation.

[SIZE=+1]People do the most irrational things when overcharged with sex, and prostitutes use it as a knowing stock-in-trade. Combined, pain and sex make up the insane Jack-the-Rippers (who killed only prostitutes) and the whole strange body of sex-murder freaks, including Hinckley*, and the devotees of late-night horror movies. END quote

WAIT a minute !!! Sex and family went from being natural and a part of the way to happiness to TOTALLY FUCKED UP !!!

This is DEFINITELY a huge contradiction !!!

[/SIZE]

[SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE]

Last edited:

mockingbird

Okay now let us look at religious tolerance :

The Creed of the Church states that “all men have inalienable rights to their own religious practices and their performance.”

And from the Way to Happiness:

• “Respect the religious beliefs of others.”
  • “Tolerance is a good cornerstone on which to build human relationships.”
  • “When one views the slaughter and suffering caused by religious intolerance down all the history of Man and into modern times, one can see that intolerance is a very non-survival activity.”
  • “Religious tolerance does not mean one cannot express his own beliefs. It does mean that seeking to undermine or attack the religious faith and beliefs of another has always been a short road to trouble.”
  • “The way to happiness can become contentious when one fails to respect the religious beliefs of others.”

“When religion is not influential in a society or has ceased to be, the state inherits the entire burden of public morality, crime and intolerance. It then must use punishment and police. Yet this is unsuccessful as morality, integrity and self-respect not already inherent in the individual, cannot be enforced with any great success. Only by a spiritual awareness and inculcation of the spiritual value of these attributes can they come about. There must be more reason and more emotional motivation to be moral, etc., than threat of human discipline.”

From an edition of What is Scientology ? the following quotes :

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=+1]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=+1]"In Scientology there is no attempt to change a person's beliefs or to persuade him away from any religion to which he already belongs."[/SIZE][/FONT] [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=+1]"Scientology is all-denominational in that it opens its membership to people of all faiths."[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=+1]"Membership in Scientology does not mean that there is any necessity to leave your current church, synagogue, temple or mosque."[/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=+1]"Scientology respects all religions. Scientology does not conflict with other religions or other religious practices"

[/SIZE]
    [/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica][SIZE=+1]In PAB 31 Hubbard writes: [/SIZE][/FONT]"Religion does much to keep the assumption in restimulation, being basically a control mechanism used by those who have sent the preclear into a body. You will find the cross as a symbol all over the universe, and the Christ legend as implant in preclears a million years ago."

"A few operating thetans -scarcity- could lead to trouble. Witness the chaos resulting from the activities and other determinism technology of one operating thetan, 2,000 years ago. It is despicable and utterly beneath contempt to tell a man he must repent, that he is evil. Those who talk most about peace on earth and good-will among men themselves carry forward the seas of unrest, war and chaos."

In Certainty magazine, Vol.5, No. 10, he writes of his achievements as the Buddha, and positions himself as a contender with Jesus Christ.

"Two and a half thousand years ago a handful of clears civilized half a billion people. What if we were all clear. Neither Lord Buddha nor Jesus Christ were OT's according to the evidence. They were just a shade above clear."​
    In HCO bulletin of 18 July 1959 Hubbard wrote as a "Historical Note",

"The whole Christian movement is based on the victim. Compulsion of the overt-motivator sequence. They won by appealing to victims. We can win by converting victims. Christianity succeeded by making people into victims. We can succeed by making victims into people."

In HCO bulletin 21 Jan 1960 he writes,

"Some Churches used a mechanism of confession. This was a limited effort to relieve a person of the pressure of his overt acts. Later the mechanism of confession was employed as a kind of blackmail by which increased contribution could be obtained from the person confessing."

Later Hub goes on :" For a long while, some people have been cross with me for my lack of co-operation in believing in a Christian Heaven, God and Christ. I have never said I didn't disbelieve in a Big Thetan but there was certainly something very corny about Heaven et al. Now I have to apologize. There was a Heaven. Not too unlike, in cruel betrayal, the heaven of the Assassins in the 12th Century who, like everyone else, dramatized the whole track implants - if a bit more so. The symbol of the crucified Christ is very apt indeed. It's the symbol of a thetan betrayed."

"The gates of the first series are well done, well built. An avenue of statues of saints leads up to them. The gate pillars are surmounted by marble angels. The entering grounds are very well kept, laid out like Bush Gardens in Pasadena, so often seen in the movies. Aside from the implant boxes which lie across from each other on the walk there are other noises and sounds as though the saints are defending and berating."​
    "The second series, probably in the same place, shows what a trillion years of overt acts does (or is an additional trick to collapse one's time). The place is shabby. The vegetation is gone. The pillars are scruffy. The saints have vanished. So have the angels. A sign on one (the left as you enter) says `This is Heaven'. The right has a sign "Hell" with an arrow and inside the grounds one can see the excavations like archaeological diggings with the raw terraces, that lead to "Hell". Plain wire fencing encloses the place. There is a sentry box beside and outside the right pillar. The roadway `leading up' to the gates is deeply eroded. An effigy of Joseph, complete with desert clothing is seen approaching the gates (but not moving) leading a donkey which `carries' the original Madonna and child from `Bethlehem'. The implanting boxes lie on either side of this `entering' path at path level."​
    Hubbard concluded:

"Further, we have our hands on an appalling bit of technology where the world is concerned. With rapidity and a Meter it can be shown that Heaven is a false dream and that the old religion was based on very painful lie, cynical betrayal."

In tape #10 recorded at the first Class VIII course on the ship Apollo, October 3, 1968, Hubbard says:
    "Somebody somewhere on this planet, back about 600 BC found some pieces of R6, and I don't know how they found it, either by watching madman or something. But since that time they have used it and it became what is known as Christianity. The man on the cross. There was no Christ. But the man on the cross is shown as Everyman."

An alleged copy of OT VIII was filed as court exhibit in the Fishman case. Therein he writes:"for those of you whose Christian toes I may have stepped on, let me take the opportunity to disabuse you of some lovely myths. For instance, the historic Jesus was not nearly the sainted figure he has been made out to be. In addition to being a lover of young boys and men, he was given to uncontrollable bursts of temper and hatred that belied the general message of love, understanding and other typical Marcab PR. You have only to look at the history his teachings have inspired to see where it all inevitably leads. It is historic fact and yet man still clings to the ideal, so deep and insidious is the biological implanting."

Now the OT VIII material is - to my knowledge - the only part of this Hub or the cult EVER disputed out of ALL this !!!

So whether you include that or not ( and while I do not have absolute proof of authenticity I LEAN toward believing it )

This is still an unresolvable contradictory mess !

Is Scientology compatible with other religions ? You get the answer yes and no indifferent spots !

What is Hub's view on Christ - sometimes he lived sometimes he was part of implants sometimes a lover of young boys WTF !?

Look this is meant to UTTERLY confuse !!!

I see no other explanation as even remotely plausible and as I continue to learn more about hypnosis , critical thinking , cognitive dissonance and undue influence I see no other way it could be !

I hope this is the beginning of something positive for some folks and would love for people to add to these lists and make ones of their own on themes to expose the con and free their minds !

[/SIZE][/FONT]

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Posted by Mockingbird (and snipped).

I will now attempt to begin showing groups of statements in Dianetics and Scientology that are part of the pattern of a circle of lies and YOU can probably think of and write up many many more and post them and have discussions .

THAT will require YOUR critical thinking and be far more beneficial than just reading what I write.

You can post threads on ESMB and work through this for yourself.

I should caution you that I have found forcing myself to critically examine these issues WITH independent critical thought has for me resulted in mental discomfort and stress.

I believe this is due to using aptitudes that were literally retarded for decades by the mind control in Scientology.

It has gotten easier over months but I would be lying if I said it will be pleasant or easy for anyone .

I recommend that if it happens to learn about trauma PTSD , take frequent breaks and realize you are taking on buried cognitive dissonance and restructuring DIRECTLY !

YOU are fighting for your own freedom and sanity . Unpleasant emotions feelings and memories can surface.

I am not trained as a psychologist or therapist and can not pretend to be .

I can only say this is what has helped me and it has gotten much , much easier VERY rapidly.

There are easier ways to de cult Mockingbird. You could just decide it was all tosh and move on. Later, if you want ... you could add back anything that you feel is worth hanging on to and own it.

If you get run over by a truck it will hurt ... but then reliving it in minute detail will probably hurt even more and is completely unnecessary.

Scientology itself wasn't that much of a drama ... it was just a bit of silly "indoc" and amounts to little in the grand scheme of things, easy enough to flick off as things come up.

:confused2:

Many of us lost people we loved (that is a big deal) and many of us were financially ripped off and lost precious time (that is truly annoying) but the actual "tehk" and "philosophy" wasn't really all that clever and shouldn't take too much flicking for most people.

:)

Sindy

Crusader

There are easier ways to de cult Mockingbird. You could just decide it was all tosh and move on. Later, if you want ... you could add back anything that you feel is worth hanging on to and own it.

If you get run over by a truck it will hurt ... but then reliving it in minute detail will probably hurt even more and is completely unnecessary.

Scientology itself wasn't that much of a drama ... it was just a bit of silly "indoc" and amounts to little in the grand scheme of things, easy enough to flick off as things come up.

Many of us lost people we loved (that is a big deal) and many of us were financially ripped off and lost precious time (that is truly annoying) but the actual "tehk" and "philosophy" wasn't really all that clever and shouldn't take too much flicking for most people.

Agreed. Great post.

Gib

Crusader

[STRIKE]If you get run over by a truck it will hurt ... but then reliving it in minute detail will probably hurt even more and is completely unnecessary.

:)[/STRIKE]

I do believe Mockingbird is decult-ified.

But,

If it was so easy why all the books, this blog, other blogs?

What is wrong with Mockingbird explaining his /her research and sharing?

For gwads sake, there is still a on going debate if there is a god or not, been happening forever.

mockingbird

Well , ITYIWT , I happen to see a different method as needed to address the effects of Scientology for many .

In the excellent article at the Underground Bunker Jon Atack on Why It's So Hard To Recover From Scientology Addresses this exact issue :

http://tonyortega.org/2013/06/08/jon-atack-on-why-its-so-hard-to-recover-from-scientology/

I will include a relevant excerpt here to illustrate my point :

I have come back because I am concerned that Scientologists do not recover quickly enough. Indeed, they often don’t recover at all, and continue to live in a dream world.

In Snapping, Conway and Siegelman talked about ‘information disease’ and say that Scientologists take far longer to recover than other cult members. They reckoned twelve and a half years. While their investigation was far too small to confirm this, I can say, after talking to more than 500 former Scientologists, that it often takes much longer.

Back in the nineties, I was approached by a man who had been housebound for twenty years. His wife had persuaded him that they must return to Saint Hill, in England, to see if that would help. They stayed with a friend of mine, who gave the chap a copy of A Piece of Blue Sky. He read the book, came to see me for an afternoon and went home. A few weeks later, I received a post card, saying that he had found a job. If I’d seen him twenty years before, he would have returned to the world then. The thought scared me.End quote .

And another excerpt .

We all suffer from confirmation bias — pushing aside evidence which falsifies our beliefs, and grabbing at whatever seems to confirm it — and this can be deadly in former members. There are so many taboos to overcome. End quote.

Another.

Scientologists steer clear of many taboo words. Very few will say ‘victim’ or talk about ‘sympathy,’ for instance, and there is often confusion about the real meaning of words such as ‘reasonable’ and ‘affinity.’ Hubbard alerted followers to ‘propaganda by redefinition of words,’ and then filled two 500-page dictionaries with his own complex and often contradictory examples (e.g., ‘it’s a tough universe, and only the tigers survive’, but a ‘tiger’ is a bad staff member. Maybe he had a point). End quote.

Another.

I encourage discussion of the principles of Scientology. It claims to be a science, so it should be susceptible to analysis and evidence-based investigation. Of course, Scientologists are discouraged from talking about the techniques (‘verbal tech’ is a ‘high crime’) or their ‘cases.’ They are also forbidden any complaint about fellow believers, unless it is in the form of a ‘knowledge report.’ So, talking about the principles can be difficult, but I believe that it is the only way to escape Hubbard’s implanting,End Quote.

And another.

These ideas stick around, if uninspected. WORTH REPEATING These ideas stick around, if uninspected.

I will also include relevant quotes from his article ( also at the Bunker ) Jon Atack on Scientology's Methods of 'thought stopping' :

“Thought stopping” is a fundamental technique of exploitative persuasion.End quote.

Another.

As with other aspects of exploitative persuasion, however, Scientology excels all other cults. Not only are a series of taboos put in place between the devotee and the world, but an Orwellian system prohibits reflection upon Scientology itself.End quote.

Another.

In his vital list of thought reform methods, Robert Jay Lifton includes “ideology over experience.” In this phase of dissociation from reason, the individual puts aside actual experiences in favour of the thought reformer’s facile and often ridiculous claims. End quote.

Another.

Scientologists all too often simply accept what Hubbard criticised as “broad generalities” for no other reason than the belief that everything Hubbard says must be right. Hubbard makes such belief very difficult by frequently contradicting himself, which, it turns out, is the best way to control people: give them conflicting information, and they will be paralysed and seek direction.End quote.

Another.

The truth is that unless we have to articulate an idea, it often remains hazy, which becomes obvious if we are forced to articulate it. An excellent way of teaching ideas is to require that the student write them out or, better yet, deliver a presentation, as teachers usually know. It is only when you come to articulate complex ideas that you realize that you don’t fully understand them. Arguments that sound good on others’ lips can sound hollow on your own.End quote.

And.

The great philosopher, John Stuart Mill, opposed the authoritarian regime of his time in his remarkable text On Liberty, published in 1859. Among the good advice that he offers is this, and I recommend it as an antidote to the restrictive thinking of Scientology:

“There must be discussion to show how experience is to be interpreted. Wrong opinions and practices gradually yield to fact and argument; but facts and arguments, to produce any effect on the mind, must be brought before it. Very few facts are able to tell their own story, without comments to bring out their meaning.

The whole strength and value, then, of human judgment depending on the one property, that it can be set right when it is wrong, reliance can be placed on it only when the means of setting it right are kept constantly at hand. In the case of any person whose judgement is really deserving of confidence, how has it become so? Because he has kept his mind open to criticism of his opinions and conduct.” End quote.

Now the whole point of this is NOT to show that I can copy and paste with the best of them and SHOVE quotes down somebody's throat to attack them .:duh:

No , It is to show I accept and try to work from several basic ideas that Jon has stated well enough that I see no need to change or modify them at this time :

1)Scientologists take far longer to recover than other cult members.

2)( Reffering to Hub )contradicting himself, which, it turns out, is the best way to control people: give them conflicting information, and they will be paralysed

3)Scientologists steer clear of many taboo words and There are so many taboos to overcome.

4)These ideas stick around, if uninspected. and talking about the principles can be difficult, but I believe that it is the only way to escape Hubbard’s implanting,
All of the above snipped from the exceprts by Jon Atack

So , I have developed a method I used of inspecting my ideas writing them down in notebooks and rewriting then explaining them to actual live people and seeing their reactions and adjusting or restating or examining anew after this .

THEN writing pieces on ESMB or in other places and having them recieved by an audience who I THEN interact with !

And continue the whole thing with .

SEE you guys ARE part of the recovery process !!

That is why I told Commander Birdsong he should be an exit counselor - in his total one sided close minded refusal to accept criticism of SOS he MADE me reexamine and try to better state MY position ! Further clarifying it FOR me !

So , in my theories often Scientologists ( and truth be told freezoners , indies AND exes may be included as well ) do not recover from the harm Scientology does WITHOUT a significant effort and success at looking at the ideas from Scientology and experiences that they are effected by .

There is significant evidence that time does not heal these wounds .

So , as I work to show my ideas and conclusions through my method - why not let others know and use it if they like ?

The idea of leaving them to " figure it out for themselves " is extremely cruel to me .

So , this is certainly not perfect and honestly takes facing denial , dissociation , cognitive dissonance and possible unpleasant mental effects and stress.

But I believe NOT facing it will allow it to not improve.

So , I have no intention of stopping or changing what I am doing .

I have already stated that to shut me up someone will have to kill me . So...

If there are no other objections I will try to get you back to your regularly scheduled thread !

Leon-2

Patron Meritorious
What matters is not the confusion in Hubbard's head nor the uses he put his subject to.

What matters is what YOU (or I) do with Hubbard's data. Do we use it for people's benefit or do we use it to enslave them?

That is all that matters.

The fact that Hubbard himself had other fish to fry is a matter of record and is not in dispute.

The fact that the CofS is today a criminal organisation is likewise a matter of common knowledge and is not in dispute.

I have been a Scientologist for over 40 years now and I cut my teeth in an organisation where the subject was fully and honourably applied to the benefit of others. Later - towards the end of the 1970's the baleful influence of the Sea Organisation spread its evil tentacles over us and corrupted the Org. I left in the early 1980's of my own free will. Data on this is written up elsewhere on this chat room.

No one who entered the subject at any time during the last thirty years or so should imagine for a moment that they have interacted with Scientology as it was practiced during the years before that. They haven't.

I am a Scientologist. I don't flinch from that fact. But this does NOT mean that I am a mindless robot slavishly following Hubbard's decrees. It also does not mean that I am in any way a supporter of the CofS - I am not.

But I am yet a Scientologist. The subject is much bigger and more profound than Hubbard ever conceived. It has been further developed by well meaning people to the benefit of all. I apply it to that end regularly. I have, over the years, seen too many people gain benefit from it, I have seen too many miracles happen, for me to deny that fact.

I consider myself to be a protagonist of Full Spectrum Scientology. At least as full as we understand it today - the potential the subject has is probably a thousand times more than we practise it today.

I am also a proud member of the HCDS - The Honorable Company of Declared Suppressives. (he he he)

= = = = = = =

If you, Mockingbird, examine the subject, albeit in as detailed a manner as you have, with the preconceived attitude that you declare, to whit:

"I, during my investigation of the true nature of Scientology reached a point in the first few weeks where I realized that Hub MUST have known the tech did not work AND that he had to work very very hard to hide this for decades !

I knew that he MUST have been a pathological liar and used persuasion and so thoroughly mixed lies that sorting them out would FURTHER confuse a victim as the doctrine is a reported thirty-five million words long and often studied in a unique sequence that cannot be recreated for each individual."

then you will surely find a surfeit of evidence to support your attitude. It will be so no matter which subject you "investigate".

So Congratulations! You have fulfilled your own intentions.

I, on my side of the fence, know with CERTAINTY, that in skilled and ethical hands the Tech does "work", and it can even be spectacular in its effectiveness.

I don't imagine that you have ever experienced it. At all.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

Mockingbird,

You've stated elsewhere that you believe hubbards excessively wordy dross and intent (even in written form) to be "hypnotic" so why do you keep posting so much of it here? Perhaps you should just post a link to protect the vulnerable? I'm half joking because I don't buy that it was or is hypnotic but surely you, as a believer of that theory, don't want people (who may read it) to become hypnotised by it again?

:omg:

Seriously, if you want to "de cult" yourself in this way (and share your every thought and emotion with the board) ... go for it, nobody is going to try and stop you, though (to me) it seems way over the top and looks a bit like you are "auditing" your way back out of the cult (by running and re running every word tubs wrote).

The old git would be (sorta) proud of you ... but some very naughty ESMB members may "evaluate or invalidate your cognitions" occasionally, because this is the real world.

I also care very much about the lurkers and newly out ... so I'll continue to mention now and again that there are easier ways to rid oneself of the gluey, cultic slime (in case anyone doubts otherwise) than to submerge deeply back into it.

The tehk itself (and the "philosophy") is fairly easy to dump, though generational scientologists who are born into the cult often have to work a lot harder. The very real and sometimes lasting damage the cult does to a person is with the "added value" that is gifted to so many of us (debt/disconnection/threats and loss of self esteem or confidence) and it is those things that many people (including myself) have found it hard to deal with. Some things like disconnection just have to be accepted eventually though, because there's no other choice.

Once the decision to leave the cult (and the tehk) is made and the constant association with other scientologists either ceases or is curtailed it's a fairly simple process to lose the indoctrination. One way is to just stay alert to it and when it appears re-organise your thoughts and actions to dump/adjust or even retain parts of it. Every day it seems to get easier till after a while, it's gone.

:pixiedust:

This is a message board not an auditorium and you may need to accept that we're not all sitting in rows awaiting a lecture (from anyone) ... those days are in the past, we interact and threads are not owned, it isn't personal though and I truly wish you well.

mockingbird

Well , ITWIWT , I re-expose the ideas from Scientology for the reasons in my last post .

I am trying to help people and disagree with the it is easy to de-cult idea and so pursue my own .

And for the people who do not want a lecture - okay I force no one to stay and read my posts .

See , that is a point that keeps coming up - I start a thread and you know what you get from me and how it comes - and someone says to not do it or write in a different way or my posts are too long .

Well , I am the only me I got so...

I mean I am not trying to be rude but no one HAS to keep reading these threads if they do not like them .

This is what I got so if it is not to your liking there are plenty of other threads and you are free to write your own .

The vast majority of folks who comment or use the buttons are...accepting of my style ...so if someone is not or just disagrees with the whole mind control theories or idea that ideas from Scientology need to be exposed to be rendered less harmful well ...I got nothing else to offer .

I mean I and lots of cult experts and psychologists and exes and victims of abuse and PTSD have views contrary to yours so...?

I'm just gonna keep doing my thing .

Last edited:

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation

Snipped.

I'm just gonna keep doing my thing .

Oh, I know you are ...

:whistling:

I just don't like to see hubbard credited with so much importance, because he was only a sleezy con artist who got lucky.

Once out of the cult people can and do work things out and I don't think it's all that hard for most. Many of us here seem to have laughed our way out and I feel that is a really healthy option especially after the "seriousness" of the whole scientology charade.

mockingbird

All right , now the point in showing these contradictory statements in this way is to show several things .

First the materials are INTENTIONALLY self-contradictory to an irreconcilable level.

Second this is done with the intent and often effect of causing an eradication of independent and critical thought regarding the topic(s) addressed and a general lessening of resistance to suggestion and increased conditioned looking to authority for direction .

Third the materials are designed a very specific way .

First you get BELIEVABLE statements on a topic . ( none EVER have to actually be true )

Then later you get contradictory ( even slightly ) statements on EXPRESSLY the same topic .

And at SOME point - often months or years later - in indoctrination or auditing , staff hatting etc. - you NEED an irreconcilable contradiction or even MANY on the same topic .

See , I must be specific for the truth seekers - there does not have to be one scintilla of truth ANYWHERE in Dianetics or Scientology for this to work !

Sorry , for those of you who think there has to be some treasure among the traps .

Hub did not NEED to have truth to pretend he did ! Or to contradict what he said !

His method relied on CONFUSION . HE can tell lies based only on knowing he does not know they are certain AND that they can CONTROL YOU .

Hub did not need to find the truth to find lies !

I am sorry as I know there are those who think reversing Scientology or finding certain parts or taking out this or that will make it " pure " etc. etc. etc. but that to me has not the slightest shred of proof EVER anywhere .

Look , it is like a con man saying he can figure out the last four digits of pi and all the forces in the universe and etc. etc. .

He can say many many answers that SOUND like what we may believe and - given time - make fake research to confuse us BUT millions of fake contradictory answers do not equal the truth .

Hub NEVER found workable technology - as he claimed .

Until you get that idea you are still in his hold to some extent .

The evidence against the workability of ANYTHING he touched is immense and the evidence FOR it is from what I have seen non-existent.

It is simple - he borrowed and repackaged others ideas and they never had to be proved as long as he utterly confused with them ( to a hypnotic level ) and then KEPT people confused and faked spiritual gains and then enslaved minds and used hallucinatory euphoric trances and loaded language to act as cognitive restructuring - resetting what and how victim's think .

The resetting makes thought itself a triggering event for post-hypnotic commands FURTHER controlling and triggering trances etc. etc. etc. often until death .

The actual parts that control people are hidden on purpose by contradiction on the very concepts one needs to perceive and examine to figure out what happened !

That last sentence is one of the very most important I have EVER written and if you don't get it Look closely - the subjects with LOTS and LOTS of contradictory statements are - ethics, hypnosis , engrams , the reactive mind ,the tone scale , study , freedom , slavery and there are even more .

But the point is these are what HAD to be hidden the methods you are fooled with and the " big lies " that get and keep people in .

KSW obviously bears re-examination with just this in mind as it is stressed and on virtually every single course !

mockingbird

Okay , Jon Atack's new article is up at the bunker and I love it !

http://tonyortega.org/2014/11/24/jo...s-paralyzing-use-of-contradiction/#more-18102

I wrote a post on this and related articles already

Here is a great list of contradictions posted by FOTF2012 in the comments of Jon's article :

I will mark off the quote with XXXXXXXXXX to make it easier to see where it begins and ends

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX begin quote .
For the double binds, I think Jon has hit the main ones that come to my mind. If I were to summarize:
1. Can talk to anyone about anything <--> cannot talk to some people about anything
2. What is true for you is true for you <--> Hubbard has the only truth
3. Money management, make all you can, spend less <--> spend or borrow with no limits for Scientology
4. At cause over mental MEST / Clear <--> still have lots of issues but cannot admit it
5. At cause objective and subjective over MEST etc. / OT VIII <--> cannot do these things but cannot admit it
6. M/Us are the basic problem <--> overts, missed withholds, PTS, etc. are the basic problem
7. There are no absolutes <--> everything from Hubbard is absolute
8. Scientology owes Freud, etc. <--> Scientology owes nothing to these psych SPs
9. Wall of Fire incidents occurred around certain volcanoes <--> science shows the times and locations are wrong, therefore science is wrong
10. Hubbard was the infallible source <--> anything to the contrary must be entheta and lies
11. Family is important <--> family is unimportant
12. Attempted abortions are the root of prenatal problems <--> abortions are encouraged or required (Sea Org)
13. Children are valued <--> children are ancient spirits in young bodies, responsible for their own situation
14. Hubbard says all apes including humans masturbate <--> masturbation is bad
15. Hubbard says be ethical <--> crimes, perjury, etc. are okay if they "help" Scientology
16. You must not go out exchange <--> Scientology can go out exchange
17. The population on Xenu's planets add up to one number <--> the average population LRH gives conflicts
18. Auditors have a code including confidentiality <--> "ethics" issues must be reported (for those never in, a PC can literally confess to murder and you go on, but if someone had unkind thoughts about Hubbard or Miscavige or Scientology ... zap -- off to ethics)
19. Training and auditing are the only real performance indicators <--> donations for MEST buildings is the key indicator of success
20. Family relations are important <--> family has no real importance -- you are a thetan and not actually related to them in any way
21. History of Man describes human evolution <--> the claims contradict the facts anyone with even a basic education has at hand
22. The speed of light varies <--> contradicts widespread knowledge of even laymen in our culture
23. You will no longer have psycho-somatic illnesses <--> you still get colds, etc.
24. Cigarette smoking will prevent lung cancer (what turns it on will turn it off) <--> your fellow Scientologist smokers still die of cancer
25. Communication is the universal solvent <--> communication is forbidden in various cases (like #1 above)
26. You must always look and act like you feel good <--> you may not feel good and may feel quite badly
27. You must achieve self- and pan-determinism <--> you are routinely other-determined (by Scientology)
28. You must view people as spiritual beings <--> you must view wogs and public as a cut below you
29. You are committed to discovering ultimate truth <--> you can only read the "truth" of Scientology (no other practices, etc.)
30. You are in control of you "bank" at some point <--> you are at the effect of your "bank" at all points
31. You must be fully honest <--> you cannot be fully honest, and the cult is quite dishonest, unopen, and non-transparent
Maybe that's like a "first draft" for my own healing!
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX end quote

I highly recommend anyone interested in this read Jon's stuff in full at the bunker .

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

I agree in part but I think you need to keep in mind that Mockingbird, like many of us, experienced extreme pressures including lots of harassment, OSA sec checks, false accusations of having leaked information to the media in the Eli and Jeremy Perkins matter while a member of Buffalo Org. As well, according to some of his posts, he was pressured time and time again to disconnect from a loved one - his now wife- who had supported him in many ways throughout his time in Scientology. That roller coaster alone is traumatic.

So I think these things need to be considered besides the usual upsets and awakenings when someone starts out posting on the internet. It takes time to peel the onion, to get past the pain and suffering and upsets. If Mockingbird chooses to do it this way, so be it. This is not to say that it isn't important to mention to the lurkers that this is just one viewpoint among many and that there are other ways to de-cult oneself besides tearing down and taking apart and theorizing what one has on ones mind about the subject as an experienced ex. Some carry more thinkingness and significance than others after they leave. Everyone need to work their way out of the morass on their own terms, at their own pace, in their own way.

I have suggested he write a blog or make a website as others have, rather than flood the forum with individual threads of off the top of the hat ideas that come to his mind. That suggestion was not heeded. So I see nothing wrong with others here interjecting with comments reminding people that posts are too long, too pedantic, not all what others believe or think or feel is significant. It's all good to balance things out in a thread that offers ideas and thoughts that are not all how some others think or believe. But things are not as simple as you say for some and this is why I don't think it's good to marginalize everything down to how you see things for yourself. Being open minded to the idea that some readers are, and are going to be, helped by what Mockingbird has to say doesn't mean giving up your ideas, or mine on what is and isn't important for people lurking or being members here. Some people need to chew on stuff for a long time before they realize that there is life outside all of this. IMHO, Mockingbird will, in due time, evolve out of the need to figure it all out and see enough to then just move on as you and others have. At least I hope so and for that I probably won't get into discussions on the content of what he writes because this is his process out and I have no patience for or interests in TL;DR posts. There actually is an app that helps.

This Post Was Too Long To Read, So We TL;DR'd It
TLDR.it is a web application that summarizes long winded articles and even longer winded RSS feeds into small, medium and long versions for those of us with truncated attention spans. “When I’m reading a story on CNN or NY Times, I want to know more than the high points but don’t want to read 6 pages of text,” says creator Jeremy McAnally. Word.

In fact, this post used to be really really excruciatingly long, with pie charts and graphs and quotes from analysts along the lines of “We estimate the size of the ‘too long didn’t read’ market at $6 million by 2013 …” but then we got distracted and just fed it into the TL;DR summarization machine for your quick ADD-addled enjoyment.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
I agree in part but I think you need to keep in mind that Mockingbird, like many of us, experienced extreme pressures including lots of harassment, OSA sec checks, false accusations of having leaked information to the media in the Eli and Jeremy Perkins matter while a member of Buffalo Org. As well, according to some of his posts, he was pressured time and time again to disconnect from a loved one - his now wife- who had supported him in many ways throughout his time in Scientology. That roller coaster alone is traumatic.

So I think these things need to be considered besides the usual upsets and awakenings when someone starts out posting on the internet. It takes time to peel the onion, to get past the pain and suffering and upsets. If Mockingbird chooses to do it this way, so be it. This is not to say that it isn't important to mention to the lurkers that this is just one viewpoint among many and that there are other ways to de-cult oneself besides tearing down and taking apart and theorizing what one has on ones mind about the subject as an experienced ex. Some carry more thinkingness and significance than others after they leave. Everyone need to work their way out of the morass on their own terms, at their own pace, in their own way.

I have suggested he write a blog or make a website as others have, rather than flood the forum with individual threads of off the top of the hat ideas that come to his mind. That suggestion was not heeded. So I see nothing wrong with others here interjecting with comments reminding people that posts are too long, too pedantic, not all what others believe or think or feel is significant. It's all good to balance things out in a thread that offers ideas and thoughts that are not all how some others think or believe. But things are not as simple as you say for some and this is why I don't think it's good to marginalize everything down to how you see things for yourself. Being open minded to the idea that some readers are, and are going to be, helped by what Mockingbird has to say doesn't mean giving up your ideas, or mine on what is and isn't important for people lurking or being members here. Some people need to chew on stuff for a long time before they realize that there is life outside all of this. IMHO, Mockingbird will, in due time, evolve out of the need to figure it all out and see enough to then just move on as you and others have. At least I hope so and for that I probably won't get into discussions on the content of what he writes because this is his process out and I have no patience for or interests in TL;DR posts. There actually is an app that helps.

This Post Was Too Long To Read, So We TL;DR'd It

I understand AnonyMary and agree with most of your post, it's filled with common sense and courtesy ... I've said more than enough for now though, so I'll copy something I just wrote elsewhere below and hope that will suffice because it covers my real "objection" FWIW.

I don't feel like explaining myself ... it feels a bit self indulgent.

I will say though, that I resent cult techniques being attempted here and I resent being informed that I need to study 46,000 pages (on hypnotism) and accept that I may be in denial if I dare to voice my objection because I don't and won't and I'm not.

Apparently I'm also of "low IQ" because I wasn't hypnotised (lol, I can live with that insult but it's also a cult technique meant to silence and introvert).

I've always resented ESMB being seen by a few as their personal market place and more recently as a "sounding ground" for people who seem to believe they have a book in them (I sincerely hope it stays there).

I believe we were conned, naïve or just plain daft, many were trying to create a better world, we were a lot of things ... but hypnotised?

What a complete cop out.

My noodle is fleeting.

:happydance:

Gib

Crusader

Lone Star

Crusader
My Chant....(Sorta like a pep rally chant in it's rhythm)

I don't give a fuck, no I don't give a fuck
I don't give a fuck, I don't give a goddamn fuck
I don't give a fuck, no I don't give fuck...Hey!!
I don't give a fuck , I don't give a motherfuckin fuck

I don't give a fuck, no I don't give fuck...Hey!

How's that for a wall of text?

My Chant....(Sorta like a pep rally chant in it's rhythm)

How's that for a wall of text?

I can see what y' do'n there: You are hypconfutizng me. Admit it!

Lone Star

Crusader
I can see what y' do'n there: You are hypconfutizng me. Admit it!

Yes! But I was also preparing you and others for a major breakthrough I recently discovered in countering the ill effects of Scientology. I had to first use the shocking/profane chant above to lay the foundation in your minds for the remedy!

Here it is! These lyrics and its corresponding music are the answer to countering all nefarious forms of hypnotism, including Scientology.

Yes! It cancels Crowleyan Black Magick and Hubbardian Black Dianetics too. It's most important that you sing along...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJzF8_df1R8

M

Moderator 3

The Inmates have obviously taken over the Asylum. :biggrin:

These walls-o-text are due for the Merge from Hell any moment.

Seriously Mockingbird, "Get a Blog fer Xenusakes!"

Edit: Try to imagine a Message Board where at least some members think "message" is defined as;

message (mĕs′ĭj)
n.
a. A usually short communication transmitted by words, signals, or other means from one person, station, or group to another.
<my bold>

Last edited by a moderator: