What's new

The Serial Murderer Recruited to AOLA

Cinnamon_Girl

Patron with Honors
REal Scary

I just read this thread and it scared me. It would make sense that murderers and criminals would be in the SO. There was one on staff at Sac org. I heard stories about her and wondered how she was on staff. Years after I left, she was investigated and declared because of her criminal background.

I used to rent a room out to SO member who came to town, in my home while on staff. And sometimes I wondered of a few of the SO guys weren't criminals. For one thing they refused to pay rent. And once, my cocker spaniel absolutely hated one of them. :confused2:

Lucretia

Patron with Honors
Here's another one. Back in early 82, in lil' old Adelaide we had a very keen person come in off the street. This is a very long time ago and I don't remember the exact details - but he wanted to join staff (really!!) and be a $cn and help us clear the planet and all. Turned out he was on the run from Melbourne, after having escaped from one of the jails there. He was waiting for his trial to come up - guess what - murder! He actually told me how he broke this poor guys back. This was all very distressing, especially as he was a stat that turned really bad!!! Luckily the AG was on the ball and turfed him out.

I wonder if there was a rumour going around the criminal world about crims hiding out in $cn orgs? Strange that it was all happening around the same time.

And once, my cocker spaniel absolutely hated one of them. :confused2:

Jeez this guy must have been really bad. Cockers don't hate anyone.

G

Gottabrain

Another SO Murder Story

Hi Lucretia, Hi Cinnamon Girl!

Scary stories. Lucretia, I think you're right, and I think an organisation that cuts itself off from the rest of society would be a prime hangout for the crim types. Michael Shea was trying to go to Gold and almost made it there.

And as an animal lover myself, I am wary of anyone the parrots I rehabilitate don't like because their senses are stronger on many things and they love me and are loyal. Of course, these parrots don't like when anyone wears a cap, either. :eyeroll:

Here's another crim/murder story:

In 1978 I was in CESO (Cedars Estates Service Org) in the Pac Training Org where we trained the EPF. I was very good friends with one of the security guards then.

At Fountain and Catalina St, the EPF and CESO staff used to use the Fountain & Catalina St entrance (now I think used by RTC). This all happened about a year after the FDA raid at the LA Complex.

From my dorm, I heard a shot and a lot of commotion and shortly afterward saw police lights.

I asked him the next day to tell me what happened. It took a lot of asking, but Don told me that there was a man on the RPF who had been threatening to kill his wife. Both were SO members. I do not recall their names, not sure I ever knew their names. At any rate, I did not know them personally.

Security came out finding them both on the street, the man with a gun pointed at his wife. Jeff Porter was there, of course, as head of security - he was applying for the GO, may have already been accepted by then. (We all know what a nasty person he was back then, perhaps still is - he covered up heaps for the C of S). Jeff Porter was a true blue, loyal little Nazi for the C of S.

One of the other security guards bravely tried to tackle or block the man with the gun. The other security guards held him back.

The woman was shot to death and I was told by Don that the C of S successfully covered this up, claiming it was a street shooting and neither person was involved with the C of S.

Rmack

Van Allen Belt Sunbather
Hi Lucretia, Hi Cinnamon Girl!

Scary stories. Lucretia, I think you're right, and I think an organisation that cuts itself off from the rest of society would be a prime hangout for the crim types. Michael Shea was trying to go to Gold and almost made it there.

And as an animal lover myself, I am wary of anyone the parrots I rehabilitate don't like because their senses are stronger on many things and they love me and are loyal. Of course, these parrots don't like when anyone wears a cap, either. :eyeroll:

Here's another crim/murder story:

In 1978 I was in CESO (Cedars Estates Service Org) in the Pac Training Org where we trained the EPF. I was very good friends with one of the security guards then.

At Fountain and Catalina St, the EPF and CESO staff used to use the Fountain & Catalina St entrance (now I think used by RTC). This all happened about a year after the FDA raid at the LA Complex.

From my dorm, I heard a shot and a lot of commotion and shortly afterward saw police lights.

I asked him the next day to tell me what happened. It took a lot of asking, but Don told me that there was a man on the RPF who had been threatening to kill his wife. Both were SO members. I do not recall their names, not sure I ever knew their names. At any rate, I did not know them personally.

Security came out finding them both on the street, the man with a gun pointed at his wife. Jeff Porter was there, of course, as head of security - he was applying for the GO, may have already been accepted by then. (We all know what a nasty person he was back then, perhaps still is - he covered up heaps for the C of S). Jeff Porter was a true blue, loyal little Nazi for the C of S.

One of the other security guards bravely tried to tackle or block the man with the gun. The other security guards held him back.

The woman was shot to death and I was told by Don that the C of S successfully covered this up, claiming it was a street shooting and neither person was involved with the C of S.

Are you sure of the year, GAB?

I left ASHO day sometime in '81, and I don't remember seeing security guards around big blue too much. When I came back a few months later, there were many more than before, it seemed.

G

Gottabrain

Very sure of the year. Found the story in much more detail already posted on "Why are they Dead?" WITH the names of the two staff members. So at least, this gives the story from another viewpoint.

G

Gottabrain

BTW, Rmack, the second story was only a year or so after the complex had only been bought. I started the week after the FDA raids and we were renovating everything, still pulling out hospital machinery mid 1977.

The original barbed wire fences were still there that the hospital put up and they were manned with Scilo security guards. Maybe because they looked like they should be, maybe because of the FDA raids. I don't know. I had little access to that sort of info back then. In 1980, when I returned after being out, the fences were down and security guards gone.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
I just read this thread and it scared me. It would make sense that murderers and criminals would be in the SO. There was one on staff at Sac org. I heard stories about her and wondered how she was on staff. Years after I left, she was investigated and declared because of her criminal background.

I used to rent a room out to SO member who came to town, in my home while on staff. And sometimes I wondered of a few of the SO guys weren't criminals. For one thing they refused to pay rent. And once, my cocker spaniel absolutely hated one of them. :confused2:

I've met some very good people in the SO, and some completely evil people.

Consider the kind of person that some consider the perfect exec: unreasonable, willing to get the job done without consideration for the effect on people, no sympathy -- in other words, a complete sociopath.

Mark Harrison, the criminal and murderer who was HCO Area Secretary NYF was a sociopath, and likely was so attractive to th people who put him on post BECAUSE he was a complete sociopath.

The Great Zorg

Gold Meritorious Patron
I can find no web reference about any Mark Harrison killing a Judy Heiss.*

I cannot find any web link to any Michael Shay, Shea or O'Shea being a serial killer in L.A. (or anywhere else for that matter).*

*actually, a few web references DO pop up: from ESMB and ETHERCAT. Other than that: nadda. :confused2:

Somebody have their wires crossed? A few times? Just saying...

Anyone have any dox? :unsure:

G

Gottabrain

Zorg, you are a fool if you believe that the only news or history or information that ever existed comes up on the first page or two of an Internet search. Info disappears, getting lost 40 pages down as other info comes forward.

You must be joking.

If you REALLY want to research this, you will need to check with the Los Angeles Police department for a Michael Shea (Shay and O'Shea - he had several different fake names) who was arrested at 4833 Fountain Ave, Los Angeles, 90027 or at 1306 N. Berendo St, Los Angeles 90027 (the two valid addresses of the C of S at the time)

Until you do some REAL research, please do not post statements like that. The story is true and there are several accounts of it written by different people to confirm it.

NOBODY said he was a "serial killer in LA". He was a serial killer. He was wanted in three different states. He was caught when his car was driven OUT of state (I don't know what state, but I think Nevada) by another SO member and the car was stolen so the plates were recognized by police there. I don't believe he was wanted for murder in California, but I could be wrong.

You shouldn't be surprised to find that the C of S has been actively taking down sites such as "Why Are They Dead" and news articles and such that document evidence of this sort of thing.

skollie

Silver Meritorious Patron

I cannot find any web link to any Michael Shay, Shea or O'Shea being a serial killer in L.A. (or anywhere else for that matter).*

*actually, a few web references DO pop up: from ESMB and ETHERCAT. Other than that: nadda. :confused2:

From The New York Times Archive:

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/05/27/n...-strangling-of-former-girlfriend-in-1983.html

Man Charged in Strangling Of Former Girlfriend in 1983
By The Associated Press
Published: May 27, 1989

A man arrested in Utica, N.Y., on Tuesday was charged in New York City on Thursday with strangling his former girlfriend, the authorities said.

The man, Mark D. Harrison, 30 years old, was charged with second-degree murder in the strangling of 37-year-old Judith Heiss, said Gerald McKelvey, a spokesman for the Manhattan District Attorney's office.

Miss Heiss, an aspiring actress who had had minor roles in soap operas and television commercials, was found dead on the floor of her Manhattan apartment on Aug. 18, 1983.

The killing occurred during an argument over stealing and cashing checks belonging to Miss Heiss's roommate, said Assistant Chief Aaron H. Rosenthal, head of Manhattan detectives. Mr. Harrison served 13 months in prison for attempted forgery of the checks and settled in Utica upon his parole.

The Great Zorg

Gold Meritorious Patron
Zorg, you are a fool if you believe that the only news or history or information that ever existed comes up on the first page or two of an Internet search. Info disappears, getting lost 40 pages down as other info comes forward.
You must be joking.
If you REALLY want to research this, you will need to check with the Los Angeles Police department for a Michael Shea (Shay and O'Shea - he had several different fake names) who was arrested at 4833 Fountain Ave, Los Angeles, 90027 or at 1306 N. Berendo St, Los Angeles 90027 (the two valid addresses of the C of S at the time)
Until you do some REAL research, please do not post statements like that. The story is true and there are several accounts of it written by different people to confirm it.
NOBODY said he was a "serial killer in LA". He was a serial killer. He was wanted in three different states. He was caught when his car was driven OUT of state (I don't know what state, but I think Nevada) by another SO member and the car was stolen so the plates were recognized by police there. I don't believe he was wanted for murder in California, but I could be wrong.
You shouldn't be surprised to find that the C of S has been actively taking down sites such as "Why Are They Dead" and news articles and such that document evidence of this sort of thing.

WOAH! All I asked for was the fucking dox! I, for one, do NOT appreciate having to spend hours of net searching just on the recollection of someone here!!!! The dox should have been supplied with the thread! :grouch:

I was just hoping that just maybe I am a less of a fool these days after having completely trashed and discarded ALL of scientology and that asshole's "teachings" and "technology" after 35 years of taking up free rent in my head! Looks like you have set me straight and remind me of who and what I am. Thanks for that. :duh:

Last edited:
G

Gottabrain

Zorg, lighten up. I didn't mean it that strongly or personally. I just meant you can't find EVERYthing on the Internet, or at least, not without knowing exactly where to search. Especially old stuff. You are not a fool and I like your posts.

I am in AUSTRALIA. I don't have easy access to Los Angeles police or other American dox. The last time I needed a copy of my marriage certificate from 1980, I had to personally fly to the US, personally go to the courthouse in LA and personally search through the microfiche.

So I understand your frustration, but this was not about LA murders, so it would not have been posted in the LA Times. The man murdered his wife - told the story personally to a Letter Reg in my Dept who told me ( he cut her up in little pieces) and she was real creeped out and terrified by it (she had gone on a DATE with him - and she was NOT an Scn - she left a few days later, she was so frightened).

So he was wanted for that murder, and apparently another one, according to his roommates at the time. Then there were all the things he stole. There were out of state police detectives and LA police there. But I don't know what state they were from, so I can't help you much, and it is just not worth it to me to spends days and a heap of money making phone calls and sending letters to the US just to satisfy you. You can accept the story or not, but I am not the only one who has told it on ESMB and if it is important to you, you are welcome to research it for yourself. But the murders themselves are over 30 years old, and the story itself is nearly as old.

As for the 1978 murder story, Marty Rathbun and Jesse Prince have also told this story, with names. Versions vary a great deal though. Jesse was not there. Marty was, Andre Tabayoyan was, Jeff Porter was there as well. Don't know of other names. Here is Jesse's account, but it is one relayed from Andre Tabayoyan:
http://forums.whyweprotest.net/325-mark-marty-rathbun/story-about-marty-rathbun-jesse-prince-53875/

As I said, if it's important to you, look it up. I am not writing a technical article for a newspaper and if you believe nobody can tell firsthand accounts unless there is attached documentation, then you have the wrong idea of ESMB.

The Great Zorg

Gold Meritorious Patron
Maybe their should be a FORUM here called SCIENTOLOGY MURDER or DEATH BY SCIENTOLOGY with the appropriate links to dox and copies of dox themselves, to protect this board? I am sure DM & gang will HOWL to see such a structured forum readily available to everyone and anyone. :confused2:

If I was still "in", I would have prolly bolted if I came across such a site with so much documentation. :yes:

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free

here's one on the harrison Heiss murder

NY Times Archives
Man Charged in Strangling Of Former Girlfriend in 1983
By The Associated Press
Published: May 27, 1989

A man arrested in Utica, N.Y., on Tuesday was charged in New York City on Thursday with strangling his former girlfriend, the authorities said.

The man, Mark D. Harrison, 30 years old, was charged with second-degree murder in the strangling of 37-year-old Judith Heiss, said Gerald McKelvey, a spokesman for the Manhattan District Attorney's office.

Miss Heiss, an aspiring actress who had had minor roles in soap operas and television commercials, was found dead on the floor of her Manhattan apartment on Aug. 18, 1983.

The killing occurred during an argument over stealing and cashing checks belonging to Miss Heiss's roommate, said Assistant Chief Aaron H. Rosenthal, head of Manhattan detectives. Mr. Harrison served 13 months in prison for attempted forgery of the checks and settled in Utica upon his parole.

http://www.nytimes.com/1989/05/27/n...-strangling-of-former-girlfriend-in-1983.html

ACTRESS KILLED AT APARTMENT ON W. 43D ST. - Free Preview - The …
$3.95 - New York Times - Aug 20, 1983
... fiance was being sought for questioning The victim was identified as Judith S Heiss 37 years old of 417 West 43d Street a sixstory walkup building
http://select.nytimes.com/gst/abstract.html?res=F30C11FC3C5C0C738EDDA10894DB484D81

A Mark Harrison is on the SP list of 1992.
http://www.holysmoke.org/sdhok/enemies.htm

Last edited:

IMMORTAL

Patron Meritorious

You must be joking.

Gotta, I wanted first to tell you that I found your story fascinating about Michael Shay, or O'Shay. During my recent staff stint, there was a guy on staff held in high regard who also turned out to have been involved in criminal activity before making his way into Scientology and on staff. But, as far as I know, not murder! It took quite a while for the truth of this to come out.

Anyway, you mention that the C of S is actively taking down sites such as "Why Are They Dead". I must admit I never went to that site, but as a result of your post I tried to find it and could not. I did find, however, the WHO IS on a site called WHYTHEYAREDEAD.COM which showed it was created 12/9/09 and expired 12/9/10. I may have missed an earlier thread here about this and, if so, please direct me. I don't want to derail this thread, but would just like to know if it is believed that the church did take the Why They Are Dead site down.

skollie

Silver Meritorious Patron
<snip>

Anyway, you mention that the C of S is actively taking down sites such as "Why Are They Dead". I must admit I never went to that site, but as a result of your post I tried to find it and could not. I did find, however, the WHO IS on a site called WHYTHEYAREDEAD.COM which showed it was created 12/9/09 and expired 12/9/10. I may have missed an earlier thread here about this and, if so, please direct me. I don't want to derail this thread, but would just like to know if it is believed that the church did take the Why They Are Dead site down.

Some discussion on what happened to the original site is here:

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/15-media/why-they-dead-taken-over-48246/

It has been mirrored:
http://www.xenu-directory.net/mirrors/www.whyaretheydead.net/

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Letter regs ! Now, dang it, it is from letter regs that I get those postage paid return envelopes I so enjoy getting.

I just filled an empty aspirin bottle with roofing nails and mailed it back in one of their envelopes. And another bigger envelope I use for all the " resident" junk mail I get from everywhere. It is my version of recycling and my urge to help the C o $ " go green " and recycle.

I'm going to get some bricks and try taping the envelope to the brick and sending it back.

I also like to use old spark plugs - or anything thick and heavy.

They mail out MILLIONS of letters. If only a few thousand people would send back empty prepaid envelopes their mail program could run into a fair amount of CASH MONEY every single day to get back their own junk mail - plus a little extra recyclable material :)

How many thousands of dollars a day put out for return envelopes with nothing but trash would it take to make a dent in their junk mail program?
Maybe even stop it? ( That would be a service to mankind - and the forests. TOO !)

I'd LOVE to find out !

PS.... and I did go verify at the Post Office that the holder of a first class return mail permit MUST pay the postage on whatever is sent using their pre marked envelope. And they get to pay by thickness and weight. The way the PO works is the permit holder must have funds on account and the PO just deducts OR if no funds are on account ALL mail is held until the amount due is paid - no exceptions.

Last edited: