What's new

The Serial Murderer Recruited to AOLA

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
Gotta, I wanted first to tell you that I found your story fascinating about Michael Shay, or O'Shay. During my recent staff stint, there was a guy on staff held in high regard who also turned out to have been involved in criminal activity before making his way into Scientology and on staff. But, as far as I know, not murder! It took quite a while for the truth of this to come out.

Anyway, you mention that the C of S is actively taking down sites such as "Why Are They Dead". I must admit I never went to that site, but as a result of your post I tried to find it and could not. I did find, however, the WHO IS on a site called WHYTHEYAREDEAD.COM which showed it was created 12/9/09 and expired 12/9/10. I may have missed an earlier thread here about this and, if so, please direct me. I don't want to derail this thread, but would just like to know if it is believed that the church did take the Why They Are Dead site down.

I doubt it. It was Mike Gormez' site, IIRC, and he had some other things going on in life, I believe.

TR'SIN

Patron with Honors
Seems kinda relevent - that in an Org I worked in - not only bonified criminals were involved with criminal actitivy within the structure of the Church.

Anyone else run into illegal regging (processing someone's credit card without their knowledge), stealing from the staff pay (unethical Treas Sec), sleeping with someone else's wife/husband (to numerous to mention), child molestation (a nanny no less), peeping in windows (org public swept under the rug) but no full blown killers that I knew of.

Nice group of guys I used to hang out with.

The Great Zorg

Gold Meritorious Patron
Seems kinda relevent - that in an Org I worked in - not only bonified criminals were involved with criminal actitivy within the structure of the Church.
Anyone else run into illegal regging (processing someone's credit card without their knowledge), stealing from the staff pay (unethical Treas Sec), sleeping with someone else's wife/husband (to numerous to mention), child molestation (a nanny no less), peeping in windows (org public swept under the rug) but no full blown killers that I knew of.
Nice group of guys I used to hang out with.

Illegal "regging" (demagnetizing cheques to buy time), "postulate cheques" (fraud because the money did not exist nor with any real likelyhood would it), harassment and bullying to buy services, "regging" staff who were already the poorest of the poor while threatening ethics if not complied with, going to strip joints in full minister's garb complete down to the cross, stealing husbands, wives, girlfriends, boyfriends, throwing gays and lesbians out on the street without recourse, rigged commitee's of predecided guilt and punishment (a.k.a. "comm ev's"), parasitically draining mission's income to meet "stats" in a higher class of "org" causing incredible financial stress for the mission holder and staff, late or non-payment of bills, rent, utilities while small fortunes are sent "up-lines" to higher classed "orgs" AND Saint Hill (hubbard's bottomless pockets), stealing government delivered mail, using aliases, spying, tape recording and filming "auditing" sessions to use for blackmail and extortion, breaking and entering looking for evidence of crimes, assault, selling "auditing" to "help" terminal cancer patients, bullying and coercing staff and public to rebuy printed materials over and over and over again,...

...the list goes on and on and on and on....

...but no known killers or murderers. Only 2 suicides, one a hopeless and incurable sexual pervert.

G

Gottabrain

^Good points. Michael Shay or whatever his name was was an anomally. Just basically a real bad guy (murderer) hiding away from the cops so he thought the C of S would be great. When he heard about Gold, he tried real hard to go there. I don't think he was particularly attracted to Scn. I think he could have conned any churchies. He was quite the con artist. Scary. Definitely a sociopath/psychopath.

Anyway -

Voltaire's Child, thanks for the refs. Glad to know it was human error, but we really have to get the Whyarewedead site back up. There are only about 10% of the original names on the mirror site, and very few of the links. Some of the old links will be difficult to find again. :(

skollie

Silver Meritorious Patron
^Good points. Michael Shay or whatever his name was was an anomally. Just basically a real bad guy (murderer) hiding away from the cops so he thought the C of S would be great. When he heard about Gold, he tried real hard to go there. I don't think he was particularly attracted to Scn. I think he could have conned any churchies. He was quite the con artist. Scary. Definitely a sociopath/psychopath.

Anyway -

Voltaire's Child, thanks for the refs. Glad to know it was human error, but we really have to get the Whyarewedead site back up. There are only about 10% of the original names on the mirror site, and very few of the links. Some of the old links will be difficult to find again. :(

From WWP

Ok I have uploaded the additional WATD content, wasn't as much as I thought

http://www.mediafire.com/file/izjwmtmjmex/www.whyaretheydead.net_addons.part1.rar
http://www.mediafire.com/file/wzuienlazmn/www.whyaretheydead.net_addons.part2.rar
http://www.mediafire.com/file/yyn2gyaimyz/www.whyaretheydead.net_addons.part3.rar
http://www.mediafire.com/file/jzhmwz2o3ym/www.whyaretheydead.net_addons.part4.rar

Merge these with the previous rars I uploaded and you should have the complete public WATD website.

The other rars are here for reference:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/y4lzmonjljm/www.whyaretheydead.net.part1.rar
http://www.mediafire.com/file/jif3okmy5nk/www.whyaretheydead.net.part2.rar

Let me know if theres any problems, its possible there will be some broken links somewhere that wget didn't fix.

http://forums.whyweprotest.net/12-a...theydead-info-needs-content-49214/#post936467

Auditor's Toad

Clear as Mud
Anyway -

"Definitely a sociopath/psychopath."

Well, no wonder he blended in so well for so long.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
whyaretheydead.net was Mike Gormez' site and he stopped maintaining it a while back. However, when it went down, somebody put up a mirror at whyaretheydead.info. That apparently went down in the last batch of anon site crashes and isn't back yet. Which is a real shame.

Whyaretheydead isn't *just* a Lisa McPherson site, but has tons of other data, including very important court transcript archives. So, I hope it gets back up. It's invaluable.

I have no idea what 'whytheyaredead.com' is.

Zinj

Gus

Patron with Honors
WOAH! All I asked for was the fucking dox!

This is a problem I see on teh webz rather frequently - demanding "dox." I often give my recollections here. My recollections are the only documentation I need to give my recollections. I am not in court. If you must have solid proof, you are free to go find it yourself.

I, for one, do NOT appreciate having to spend hours of net searching just on the recollection of someone here!!!! The dox should have been supplied with the thread!

And I, for another, do not have time to do your research for you. If you must have "dox," feel free to go get them. Do not demand that I do your research for you. That is the height of laziness.

Otherwise, simply ignore my recollections as undocumented. It makes no difference to me.

Gus.

ClamSource

Patron with Honors
It's fine to ask for dox. Sometimes they exist and are easily linked.

Sometimes they're too hard to find. But you won't know til you ask.

It's also fine to share your recollections without dox. Obviously these don't carry as much weight as dox'd recollections.

Gus

Patron with Honors
It's fine to ask for dox. Sometimes they exist and are easily linked.

Sometimes they're too hard to find. But you won't know til you ask.

It's also fine to share your recollections without dox. Obviously these don't carry as much weight as dox'd recollections.

You are correct. I just get a bit peeved when the asker gets demanding... the "dox or GTFO" attitude, when somebody's just telling their story.

-Gus

Ogsonofgroo

Crusader
You are correct. I just get a bit peeved when the asker gets demanding... the "dox or GTFO" attitude, when somebody's just telling their story.

-Gus

Yup, bothers me a bit too when folks do the 'DOX or STFU' thing when a person is giving a first person account of events, if the dox exist most people will gladly supply links or what-ever.
The problem is that when a person is telling their own story~ ffs, they are the Dox! at that point.
Sure its nice to have corroborating and cross checked refferences blah-blah to one's allegorical memories, but sometimes y'all gotta just take it at face value as an individuals experience to the best of their recollection. Most people telling their story would be hard pressed to have to make shit up, so I politely ask those reading other's stories to cut a bit of slack at times.

:cheers:

Ogs

Apoc

Patron
I'm pretty sure Lulu Belle also posted about this when ESMB first started up. She can verify that it really did happen.

I met that guy. I can verify that it did indeed happen. The cops came and took him away.

We used to talk once in awhile during lunch out by the circular driveway on Catalina. Told me he was a Vietnam vet and that he used to own or manage a nightclub, I forget which. IIRC, he was from Massachusetts?

I missed his withhold one time talking about his experiences in Vietnam, asked him (rude on my part I guess) if he ever killed any Viet Cong. Boy, the change that came over his face! I took that as a yes, not suspecting that he killed someone much more recently.

He was a friendly guy, and me being one of those raw public new to the SO it seemed to me there weren't too many staff members, at least that I worked with that would shoot the shit for a few minutes like normal human beings.

He didn't talk to me after that day. A few weeks later I heard about how the cops came to take him back to Massachusetts.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
I met that guy. I can verify that it did indeed happen. The cops came and took him away.

We used to talk once in awhile during lunch out by the circular driveway on Catalina. Told me he was a Vietnam vet and that he used to own or manage a nightclub, I forget which. IIRC, he was from Massachusetts?

I missed his withhold one time talking about his experiences in Vietnam, asked him (rude on my part I guess) if he ever killed any Viet Cong. Boy, the change that came over his face! I took that as a yes, not suspecting that he killed someone much more recently.

He was a friendly guy, and me being one of those raw public new to the SO it seemed to me there weren't too many staff members, at least that I worked with that would shoot the shit for a few minutes like normal human beings.

He didn't talk to me after that day. A few weeks later I heard about how the cops came to take him back to Massachusetts.

Yeah. I definitely don't have any "dox" (it happened sometime in the 80s, IIRC). It definitely did happen. His name was Mike something-or-other. (At least he said that was his name...who knows? :unsure:)

There are others who are ex-PAC staff and ex-AOLA staff who were around then that can verify it. Gottabrain, for one.

"Manson established himself as a guru in San Francisco's Haight-Ashbury, which, during 1967's "Summer of Love," was emerging as the signature hippie locale. Expounding a philosophy that included some of the Scientology he had studied in prison,[2]:163–164 he soon had his first group of young followers, most of them female.[2]:137–146 Upon a staff evaluation of Manson when he entered prison in July 1961 at the U.S. penitentiary in McNeil Island, Washington, Manson entered "Scientologist" as his religion.[2]:143–144"

from wiki at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_Manson