What's new

The Sole Source Myth

There is plenty of corruption going on unreported to authorities. And, as Illusionist said once on a thread, it would be great for them to be reported. But me doing that, its hard to remember them all, evidence, specifics, etc (IO am SP, you know!:D )

If it is any comfort to know even if you did remember enough to provide information to the authorities, due to your "religious standing" and lack of suitable authorization, such testimony would not necessarily result in a prosecution. It might easily be deemed to be inadmissible. It might even result in related material being dismissed as "tainted".

Mark A. Baker

About getting one's own viewpoint back, it seems to happen oh so slowly.

Serious suggestion: have you thought of connecting up with someone you would trust and doing some in session false data stripping on Co$ beliefs, policies, & practices?

I know you've grown weary of the tech, however you just might find that a little FDSing on the crap you suffered in scientology would help you to restore YOUR OWN viewpoints.

Mark A. Baker

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Serious suggestion: have you thought of connecting up with someone you would trust and doing some in session false data stripping on Co$ beliefs, policies, & practices?

I know you've grown weary of the tech, however you just might find that a little FDSing on the crap you suffered in scientology would help you to restore YOUR OWN viewpoints.

Mark A. Baker

Here's a trustworthy FDSer. Cheap too: http://www.paulsrobot.com/FDSen/index.htm :)

(It does work.)

Paul

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron
Chokmah and Binah are the first and second condition (of pre-existence really.) These would correspond with what most people know as Yang and Yin of Chinese Cosmology.

However, "correspond with" and "=" are not quite the same.

Scientology uses the "Four Conditions of Existence" in a simplified and mechanical way. How to explain the roots of the "Four Conditions of Existence," "The Factors," "The Know to Mysyery Scale," and so many other things?

I've provided a bunch of links and sources, and a few clues, and, as I come across more, I'll post those. That's all I can do.

I've studied the Qabalah through Will Parfitt's excellent books on the subject but have only retained a very rough impression of it.

What did stick though was the notion of the two pillars, basically "Love" and "Will" and the need to keep them in balance. It seems to me that the CofS has gone overboard on the idea of "will" and completely forgotten the notion of "love" which I think is ultimately senior to it; you can exercise will and stay essentially the same. i.e trapped in an egoic perspective, whereas Love changes you and for the better.

angel

Patron with Honors
The Source is Crowley!

:confused2:

I read online this week that LRH's Excalibur is suspected of being written by Crowley follower Frater Achad as his thesis to obtain "Adeptus Exemptus" status. Supposedly he was denied. LRH went to work on it naming it Excalibur, Scientology a new science, Abnormal Dianetics, and in 1951 Dianetics the original thesis. LRH also used this as his thesis to attain "Adeptus Exemptus" status.
What I learned was that while LRH was supposedly researching around the globe to discover Dianetics he was really hanging out with satanists learning their existing tech to complete degrees. That was his purpose.

I personally never took issue with KSW. I have to agree if you want to keep something pure it is smart to stick with one source. I just dont think that LRH forsaw the internet clearly. TOTAL FREEDOM OF SPEECH UNCONTROLLED. Thanks to the internet his true bio is out and they cant do anything about it. The irony is that Scn taught me how to study and find the truth and I do that obsessively. More and more scientologists will do the same to find the truth about Scn and LRH because that is what they are programmed to do. Ironic!

Veda

Sponsor
This whole thread is a very important thread.

For much of most peoples case conditions come from past failures in earlier 'ism's, 'ologies and earlier than this incarnation of Scio attempts.

The recognition of multiple sources is vital to unlock the different dynamics - as a being regains their own viewpoints (Sovereignty) - they progress up to recognizing other viewpoints - then granting beingness and value to those viewpoints (Omni-Sovereignty) - then being able to co-create with others without diminishing each other.

The killer of Scio is the crushing and making nothing of a staff member or followers viewpoints and super-imposing LRH or DM or whomevers viewponit over the top of yours.

The reason people are stuck in Scio and places like the SP Hall is they have no viewpoints left of their own.

Even if you were to go in and save them - they would not want your help as they cannot align their conditioned viewpoints to yours.

The path out is fairly simple - it is the recovery of your own viewpoints - then helping others recover their own viewpoints.

Thus there can never be a dominant viewpoint - at best at the highest levels it can be a co-create - and lets face it the greatest love affairs are co-creations. :happydance:

Alan

This is mainly an informational thread, with background information and useful links re. Scientology's multiple actual earlier sources. (The long pretentious PR lists of "sources," as presented in the beginning pages of 'Scientology 8-8008' and 'Science of Survival', with the exception of the mention of Alfred Korzybski, are misleading.)

This thread is a bit top heavy with references and links to Aleister Crowley, but presents some of his saner writings. There are data and links on Korzybski and his 'General Semantics', links to references to abreaction therapy and its possible exploitation ("The expression of [buried] emotion connected with a mental conflict... the abreaction has been likened to the conversion experience of the religious convert, who feels that a great weight has been lifted from his shoulders,"), to Charles Darwin, and the contributions of early Scientologists, and much more.

The many names and subjects listed can be used as jumping off points for further discovery.

Personally, I find that, over-all, Scientology programming begins to weaken once information, such as presented on this thread, is taken into consideration.

One becomes free to use selected pieces of Scientology, and discard the rest, as he or she chooses.

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
but only Scn has (for good or ill) the Xenu story.

The Book titled OHASPE

contains accounts of millions of "drujias" (spirits) being transported to earth in "vessels"..
and the basic outline of what Hubbard foisted upon us as incident II...

OHASPE is supposedly a book written using automatic writing from the archangel gabriel.. (c) 1893

In the fine print of OTIII was this warning.. anyone who did not see body thetans, would have to redo all their previous levels at their expense..

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
The Book titled OHASPE

contains accounts of millions of "drujias" (spirits) being transported to earth in "vessels"..

OHASPE is supposedly a book written using automatic writing from the archangel gabriel.. (c) 1893

In the fine print of OTIII was this warning.. anyone who did not see body thetans, would have to redo all their previous levels at their expense..

Did they have DC8s?

(which is also my way of saying that the Xenu story sounds utterly ridiculous...)

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
he Book Ohaspe is mentioned in that letter from that oldtimer with RON to The Spotlight, mentioned in another thread.. LINK to Letter from an old timer.

He said that ron was reading it (Ohaspe) ...in 1952..it (the letter) also contains references to Black Dianetics.

I am pleased that the gal that originally webbed it, gave me the the page numbers re OTIII..so i did not have to read the whole thing. I found it to be extremely creepy and unreadable gibberish, and disturbing. I am glad i did not have to read it, and don't recall what kind of transport was described.

uniquemand

Unbeliever
From an email I received a short while ago.

"The whole body of Dianetics and Scientology was never available in history before it's development, I'd agree with that: it's also extremely obvious, since it hadn't been written about before.

However, the subject is not the final word, nor was it the first word, in the area. Nor need it be written on stone tablets to be handed out to the people, never to be analyzed, improved, or questioned. The way in which Dianetics came into existence was not as a "bolt from the blue", nor was Hubbard a prophet from the Galactic Council, sent here on a mission to save Earth, or to pilot the technology. Those sorts of assertions would need to be backed up with ANY kind of evidence to be accepted. Dianetics was developed from Freudian "abreactive therapy", which is evident to anyone who has read "Two Short Accounts of Psychoanalysis":

What left the symptom behind was not always a single experience. On the contrary, the result was usually brought about by the convergence of several traumas, and often by the repetition of a great number of similar ones. Thus it was necessary to reproduce the whole chain of pathogenic memories in chronologic order, or rather in reversed order, the latest ones first and the earliest ones last.​

I don't think Hubbard included that quote in Dianetics: The Modern Science of Mental Health, but it certainly would have been much more intellectually honest if he had. Hubbard certainly made some improvements in the delivery of this, particularly with an understanding of when to retell an incident, and when to go "earlier similar". Additionally, his incorporation of the concept of "end-phenomena", and observation of improvement of emotional affect (which he termed "tone") as part of this were stellar contributions.

However, his obfuscation of the roots of Dianetics put him in the role of guru, prophet, etc., since how else could he have just came into such knowledge? I don't know if he believed his own hype, or not, but I certainly don't, and I would hope that people on this list wouldn't promote that sort of baloney. It's completely unnecessary. It's part of Hubbard's "religion angle", intended to protect his industry from taxation, as well as removing the requirement that his "ministers" meet basic requirements of the American Psychological Association for education, professional ethics, and accountability. Instead they gave all their income to him, followed his professional ethics (shore story is "Auditor's Code", reality is: they gang-bang sec-check when ordered to do so, and their real purpose is to "make money, make more money, and make others make more money"; whether they understand this, or not), and reported only to him.

Most dianetic and grades type procedures are similar, in that they start with an episode (whether it be an "engram", an "arc break", or other point in time where something happened that retains the person's attention [unresolved intention]), inspect it algorithmically until it either resolves, goes earlier similar, and continue until end-phenomena are achieved. This is the core of handling "charge".

Hubbard's approach to deeply held goals and personalities, while much expanded, also owes a great deal to Jung's "archetypes".

His contributions regarding positive gain, known as "OT", where a person enhances their abilities, rather than removing that which obstructs them, owe much to Golden Dawn esoteric lodges, of which he was no stranger.

This is not to say he didn't amplify this, and add a great deal of practical development. I am not interested in running Hubbard down. However, I find it odious when people pretend he did this without the understanding of others, or entirely on his own. I don't understand why this would be promoted as a concept people should believe. It's flatly untrue, and leads to deification of a man, rather than to a cooperative effort to understand his work in full context, and then to improve its delivery and enhance it's effectiveness.

KSW is a DISEASE OF THE MIND."

HappyGirl

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thank you, jerryf, for starting this thread. I'm really enjoying it, and I like having so many things I've read on one thread, because I forget where I read them before.

This whole thread is a very important thread....
The Book titled OHASPE contains accounts of millions of "drujias" (spirits) being transported to earth in "vessels"..
Thank you both for bumping this thread back up!

Begins in Chapter 20, God's Book of Eskra, about pg. 682 in original text:
http://www.sacred-texts.com/oah/oah/oah503.htm
I wanted to see this passage from OHASPE since I first heard about it. Thanks!!!

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
Oh and regarding what kind of transport was described in Oahspe above... I was reading the replies in this thread and had a flashback to e-meter drills...and a word came to mind, that I thought was funny then, and I wanted to share with those who have regained the ability to laugh at yourselves..

oxcart

HappyGirl

Gold Meritorious Patron
Oxcart? Uh, ok, Arnie. You did get a bit of a giggle out of me, and also some :confused2: ? You mean from the list of transportation? Anyway, yeah, space transportation via oxcart - funny. :)

oxcart[/QUOTE]

angel

Patron with Honors
OHASPE Automatic writing from Gabriel....

Arne,
When I was looking at the OTIII Material posted, looking for the first time just this month lol, I got the impression that the written note by LRH was done by automatic writing which would explain all the inconsistencies found in the written note.
I believe LRH's process was supposed to have been he solo audits himself, then quickly writes down his findings. Now learning about the tech he used in Thelema I am getting the impression of automatic writing.
I am going to look for your OHASPE book on my quest for answers here. If you have anything to add to help me out its appreciated.
Thanks,
Jen :thumbsup:

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
Arne,
When I was looking at the OTIII Material posted, looking for the first time just this month lol, I got the impression that the written note by LRH was done by automatic writing which would explain all the inconsistencies found in the written note.
I believe LRH's process was supposed to have been he solo audits himself, then quickly writes down his findings. Now learning about the tech he used in Thelema I am getting the impression of automatic writing.
I am going to look for your OHASPE book on my quest for answers here. If you have anything to add to help me out its appreciated.
Thanks,
Jen :thumbsup:

Dont bother with Oahspe...

And Gerry Armstrong disagrees, but I believe that Hubbard may have used Oahspe and passed it off as "excalibur" - because Ohaspe will trigger schizophrenia... I read some pretty heavy stuff, and *I* closed Oahspe and put it back on the shelf, hoping *I* never had to open it again..

And re quest for answers, please see yesterdays posting HERE, LINK, and this one from a day before LINK
Hell... just read my recent posts in other threads. LINK .Ive been going as fast as I can.

And re your comment re automatic writing, during the recovery process from scientology, the number of amazing explanations that will be invented in a good, rational mind's, desperate effort to make it make sense.... is limited only by imagination. It is proof that we are basically good, or we would not bother to try to rationalize it.

Let go of it.

Smitty

Silver Meritorious Patron
comment to Arnie

Dont bother with Oahspe...
And Gerry Armstrong disagrees, but I believe that Hubbard may have used Oahspe and passed it off as "excalibur" - because Ohaspe will trigger schizophrenia... I
There is no evidence that Oahspe will trigger schizophrenia, although there may be evidence it can do so depending on the responses of a particular individual.
It is proof that we are basically good, or we would not bother to try to rationalize it.
Good or evil from whose perspective? Factually, the majority of people are social, and a minority are anti-social. That is verified in the fields of psychology and sociology.

Veda

Sponsor
Alan's three part series: 'Opening Pandora's Box'

Alan's 'Opening Pandora's Box', Part One:

http://forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=64&postcount=1

Part Two:

http://forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=67&postcount=2

Part Three:

http://forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=68&postcount=3

The first few pages of the 'Sole Source Myth' thread established - loosely - its template: primarily informational, with concentration on those parts of Scientology that are commonly presented to new Scientologists, and which could reasonably be considered "positive" in nature.

The "positives" of Scientology are what usually attract a person, and often keep a person involved. A thorough examination of these "positives" and their actual origins can have a freeing effect.

An examination of sources for other aspects of Scientology can be found scattered throughout ESMB, and perhaps there should be other threads that consolidate information on "negatives" - such areas as Xenu http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=89707&postcount=1, http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=79144&postcount=141, http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=72944&postcount=3, Brainwashing
http://www.holysmoke.org/cos/books/brainwa1.jpg, http://www.xenu-directory.net/practices/brainwashing1.html,
and other non-publicized http://www.xenu-directory.net/practices/rpfsrpf.html, hidden http://forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=100417&postcount=47, denied http://www.forum.exscn.net/showpost.php?p=153723&postcount=12, or confidential parts http://www.xenu.net/archive/go/ic_conts.htm of the subject and operation of Scientology.

Last edited: