What's new

The "Taylor" Guitar

Lord Xenu

Patron Meritorious
WISE lies! They embellish and trick.

Warn every professional of WISE - Scientology's business front group.

As far as I am aware Taylor guitars (for the non guitarists out there, they make upmarket instruments) use WISE 'technology' for their staff.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Scientology - the science of exposing and exploiting human vulnerabilities in PT

As far as I am aware Taylor guitars (for the non guitarists out there, they make upmarket instruments) use WISE 'technology' for their staff.

BOYCOTT all products and services used by WISE guys and their minions.

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: Scientology - the science of exposing and exploiting human vulnerabilities in PT

I don't play a Taylor myself so go ahead!
:coolwink:

However I still think Pulp Fiction is the best
movie I've seen.......

Not only are you admitting to using a "WISE" made product but you are Derailing the thread.

Can you please stay on topic?

Or - start your own thread about Taylor guitars and how kewl they are.

Just sayin

....a little irritated.

MrNobody

Who needs merits?

Not only are you admitting to using a "WISE" made product but you are Derailing the thread.

Where did he admit that? He stated that he doesn't play a Taylor.

BTW: I've never seen nor touched a Taylor guitar. A well-known online store, who has basically every rank and name manufacturer in the program, doesn't carry Taylors.

Example: https://www.thomann.de/gb/dreadnought_guitars.html?oa=pra

As you can see, Dreadnought guitars from 58 € up to close to 10.000 €, but no Taylors. Same goes for the other guitar shapes, not just the Dreadnoughts.

Just sayin

....a little irritated.

OK, OK, let's get back to topic: "Scientology - the science of exposing and exploiting human vulnerabilities in PT". Well, I was a guitar teacher for a short while and there's one thing I've observed: The students with the least talent and the least will to work, often had the most expensive brand name guitars. Nowadays, they would have probably bought a Taylor or so. :eyeroll:

That is one human weakness the cult exploits: Having paid heaps of money for an item or service says nothing about the quality of that item/service. The quality of anything Hubbardian is 0 (zero) or worse, IMHO, no matter how much one has paid for it.

Lord Xenu

Patron Meritorious

Just sayin

....a little irritated.

Excuse me? I made the point that Taylor guitars use or were using WISE technology.

After it was suggested by another ESMBer that all products using WiSE technology were boycotted I clearly said that I DO NOT play a Taylor and therefore anyone was welcome to go ahead and boycott them.

:violent:

MrNobody

Who needs merits?

Excuse me? I made the point that Taylor guitars use or were using WISE technology.

After it was suggested by another ESMBer that all products using WiSE technology were boycotted I clearly said that I DO NOT play a Taylor and therefore anyone was welcome to go ahead and boycott them.

My final words on Taylor:

I tried to visit their webpage, but without allowing extensive scripting, it is impossible to navigate.

Wikipedia has this to say:
" The NT neck fits into a pocket on the top of the guitar body, achieving the desired angle with small shims. Guitars sometimes require a neck angle realignment (neck reset). Taylor's system achieves this by changing the shims to adjust the neck angle."

I've taken apart and restored quite a few guitars, but I only needed to use shims once. Usually, the use of shims is a sure sign of bunglary.

'nuff said and now let's get back to topic. :)

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron

:ohmy:

Jeezus H Christ! :grouch:

LOL

The topic is "SCIENTOLOGY - the science of exposing and exploiting human vulnerablities in PT.

Can you share a story on who you know that got exploited and taken advantage of by Scientology when they were vulerable?

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron
So we are in the subforum: "Evaluating and Criticising Scientology".

This means there must have been written a HCOB concerning "Taylor Guitars".

As far as I understand it, we are not talking about tailored guitars, Tele(caster) guitars or about Strat(ocaster) guitars.... but I suspect, that strat-ivarius could have an answer.

No, we are not talking about Tele(caster) guitars and not about Strat(ocaster) guitars.... but I suspect, that strat-ivarious could have an answer.
maybe he is referring to the tailor who outed Hubbard when he was in Florida - and sent him on his mad dash across state lines to avoid process servers and the FBI - so the tailor guitar would be the one used in this video:

[video=youtube;oGIFublvDes]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGIFublvDes[/video]

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband

Yes, you're right, this thread doesn't belong in this forum and rightly belongs in 'Off Topic Discussion'. Perhaps one of the mods will expedite a move at some stage.

No, we are not talking about Tele(caster) guitars and not about Strat(ocaster) guitars.... but I suspect, that strat-ivarious could have an answer.

Me? I've never played a Taylor guitar and never wanted to. Been playing Stratocasters™ since the sixties and perfectly happy with them.

:thumbsup:

Last edited:

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron
..... so the tailor guitar would be the one used in this song:
No, no, no..... the Taylor Guitar must be something like this:

140501_CBOX_LRonHubbard.jpg.CROP.original-original.jpg

..... I've never played a Taylor guitar and never wanted to. .....
But your answer means that you must know the secret about the Taylor Guitar...

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
maybe he is referring to the tailor who outed Hubbard when he was in Florida - and sent him on his mad dash across state lines to avoid process servers and the FBI - so the tailor guitar would be the one used in this video:

[video=youtube;oGIFublvDes]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGIFublvDes[/video]

Ahhhh - the TRUE TEST of an SP - who can take a totally NON scientological subject and MAKE IT GO RIGHT - :yes::party::party::party::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::dancer::dancer::dancer::buzzin::buzzin::buzzin::dance3::dance3::dance3::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::sing::sing::bow:

A " True Died in the Wool SPer" will take any subject and bring it around to incorporate Scientology and how evil it is :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance:

Love you Mims - now get over to my other thread where some guitar lovers derailed it! :wink2:

M

Moderator 3375

Yes, you're right, this thread doesn't belong in this forum and rightly belongs in 'Off Topic Discussion'. Perhaps one of the mods will expedite a move at some stage.

Thanks, it's been moved to Off Topic.
If anyone sees a thread obviously in the wrong forum, please send a Moderator Alert, the small triangle icon at the bottom of a post. We can't read everything and this would help.
Mod 3375

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron
Thanks, it's been moved to Off Topic.
If anyone sees a thread obviously in the wrong forum, please send a Moderator Alert, the small triangle icon at the bottom of a post. We can't read everything and this would help.
Mod 3375

yeah but....Taylor guitars are made by clams :omg: Isn't that enough to have it under "criticizing and evaluating Scientology?

Where were the Mods when "Taylor Guitar's" hijacked my thread :coolwink: Well, you did totally validate and affirm that it is off topic and it had no business on my thread either. :p

Just a little
J&D...ing :giggle:
:hattip:

M

Moderator 3375

yeah but....Taylor guitars are made by clams :omg: Isn't that enough to have it under "criticizing and evaluating Scientology?

Where were the Mods when "Taylor Guitar's" hijacked my thread :coolwink: Well, you did totally validate and affirm that it is off topic and it had no business on my thread either. :p

Just a little
J&D...ing :giggle:
:hattip:

Well there you go, that information was missing. If there is no apparent scientology connection in the title or posts, it's Off Topic.
If there's a thread you feel has been hijacked, please send a Moderator Alert.
:)

Edit: I've found the posts you mention and will add them to this thread.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
quote_icon.png
Originally Posted by strativarius

..... I've never played a Taylor guitar and never wanted to. .....

But your answer means that you must know the secret about the Taylor Guitar...

Well, if there is a secret to Taylor guitars I certainly don't know what it is. I'm simply saying that I'm perfectly happy with my Stratocaster in the same way that if I was married to Faye Dunaway in her prime, why would I bother looking at someone else? :coolwink:

Knows

Gold Meritorious Patron

As far as I understand it, we are not talking about tailored guitars, Tele(caster) guitars or about Strat(ocaster) guitars.... but I suspect, that strat-ivarius could have an answer.

Yes, well, we "were" but the mod changed it to "off topic!!

So to not waste MEST (this space and your time) - the true test of an SP is "the ability" to somehow make The "Taylor Guitar" about the evil cult of Scientology and how it destroys lives, takes advantage of human vulnerabilities and exploits them for a PROFIT all whilst hiding behind the religious cloak.:wink2: AND it extorts, bribes, manipulates and commits fraud DAILY..and we all know what LRH says about that....:whistling:

Well - post it here.