The tech sucks......

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yeah, I finally snapped and put my opinion in writing. But, NO, I'm still not wanting to debate the tech on the boards. Sue me. I'm just really tired of insinuation that I seem to see (real or imagined) that everyone who hates the tech, hates it because it comes from the CoS, that we all seem to agree is pretty evil. I hate the tech...I think it's horrible and evil, despite all the wins I might have seen or experienced.

When I got out, I seriously wanted to figure it all out...I wanted to decide if auditing or training was bad, or if it was just management. I was actually leaning towards the management side. I went over everything---I tried to pay most attention to the tapes by Hubbard, since it was the hardest part to alter. I'd already had my doubts while in (asshole OTs, new and old levels---from folder studies seeing pc's terminally going down the same chains and f/ning but NEVER resolving the issue....it's a long list that started me wondering) Once I got out, I actually stayed away from this board for a long time while I made my evaluations and conclusions. I didn't like the "it's all evil" or the "management evil, tech good" in any form. I made up my own mind. Tons of research, tons of time and thought, and it pisses me off when I feel that some people might assume I hate the tech just because it came from the cult. Not true for me, might be true for others, but others might be in the same boat I am. I'm fine that you think the tech is innocuous, or even good. I totally disagree....but, hell...it should be OK that I think the tech is designed to fuck us up miserably without assuming I'm oppterming with the cult.

As far as getting the good out of the tech....it's a poor analogy, but to me, it's like grabbing the grains of rice out of a small bowl that has fallen onto wall-to-wall shag carpeting. Yeah, you can get some good bits of rice, but it's covered with all that inedible annoying fuzz. AND, you can get some totally awesome fuzz-free rice next-door, and in this case, it's probably cheaper. The merchant just fooled you into believing (once you tasted his delicious rice) that HERE was the only place you could get it and save yourself from starvation.

Nah, I'm not going to debate tech with those who love it right now...sorry, and I'm sure you'll judge me for it, but I'm out of the cult, and don't give a #!$ about judgment at this point....rock on if you care to.:happydance: It's all just my personal opinion. I hate the tech...and I'm tired of "hiding" that fact...pretty odd to me that I felt that way on an Ex-Scientologist Board...but, yeah... I'm almost afraid this could be my final post. Not sure I want to deal with the possible attacks that might be coming, but, hiding was for my Scio days. I'm done.

A few wins, then I felt tightly wound up again, another win, then I felt tightly wound up again, and so on. The wins were never lasting for me and never solved my problem. Oh, wait a minute my problem was the problem the CHURCH said I had! Imagine that! Tryng to solve a problem that never existed in the first place.
But, in some cases, there would be an issue I wanted handled. That particular action didn't handle it, but, if you just bought more the next action would take care of it.
I believe most of the lower bridge such as the grades is nothing more than regression therapy with Hubbard's brain washing additive.
:duh:

RolandRB

Rest in Peace
Trying to separate out the good from Scientology tech is akin to picking raisins out of turds. It isn't worth trying to do.

Tim Skog

Silver Meritorious Patron
I agree. The tech sucks. There are only two reasons anyone gets into Scientology: 1) to go clear; or 2) to go clear and OT.

Nobody gets into Scientology because they want the EP of Grade 1, or ARC Straightwire, etc. THEY GET IN TO GO CLEAR/OT.

Auditing cannot produce either a clear or an OT. Ergo, the tech sucks.

So clammy, I hear ya bro.:thumbsup:

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
<snip> I hate the tech...and I'm tired of "hiding" that fact...pretty odd to me that I felt that way on an Ex-Scientologist Board...but, yeah... I'm almost afraid this could be my final post. Not sure I want to deal with the possible attacks that might be coming, but, hiding was for my Scio days. I'm done.
I think you're quite right! - I have been sayin'g this all along..

The 'tech' of L.Ron Hubbard & Scientology is designed to make you go nutz'o! - Any 'good' stuff in there is just to lure you in and show you how 'good' it is.

I'll just quote myself:

When you really, really, really believe Hubbard:

Being an 'undying thetan' who lives forever is good, coz' then you don't die.. That's a relief! - A thetan is basically good and can't be damaged in any way.. Any damage is in the mind. Insanity is in the mind.. You are not your mind.. That's a relief!

Flipside is that a 'life' becomes expendable. Body is a piece of MEST without value and is expendable. Even your mind is not you.. Your mind is where all the insanity is.. Your mind is your enemy!

Being a thetan you don't really have a mom and dad.. The whole 'family' game is an appearence. Families are bad Genetic Entity 'GE' groups. Just a MEST mechanism to produce bodies.

The intire MEST universe is a sort of practical joke that some thetans made once, out of (divine?) boredom.. They then became trapped in it. Got involved in games conditions and such.. The upshot is that the MEST universe is just a an agreed upon lie.. Useless really...

And thus you are disassociated from existence in all ways you knew! - In fact you are separated from yourself. Thinking you are a 'thetan'... Exterior or 'out of your mind'?

You are now suggestible!

Ready to have Hubbard tell you what reality is?

He will slander, degrade and vilify your mind and body. You will too! Hubturd get's you cooperating on this because your mind and body is not you. Your body is useless and your mind is faulty. The 'real' you is a thetan. That spurious little thingie resembling an atomic nucleus with no wavelenght or location that Hubturd made you believe is you! - Hubturd will validate you as a thetan! - Ohh! Yes! - The one man in the worrlld who never thinks he's a thetan, is a thetan!

And the thetan is basically good! A thetan can't be an SP! - That's a relief!

That's something to think about when running around the pole in Hemet..

A thetan is a perfectly workable Voodoo doll!

:yes:

AOSHUKR6EW

Patron with Honors
For me I think the tech is what you make it. You'll get wins if you don't try and get them - any time I've pushed for an EP of anything, I've never had a win but I truly follow the 'what is true is true for you' and clearly in your case it isn't!

British Mom

Patron with Honors
Yeah, I finally snapped and put my opinion in writing. But, NO, I'm still not wanting to debate the tech on the boards. Sue me. I'm just really tired of insinuation that I seem to see (real or imagined) that everyone who hates the tech, hates it because it comes from the CoS, that we all seem to agree is pretty evil. I hate the tech...I think it's horrible and evil, despite all the wins I might have seen or experienced.

When I got out, I seriously wanted to figure it all out...I wanted to decide if auditing or training was bad, or if it was just management. I was actually leaning towards the management side. I went over everything---I tried to pay most attention to the tapes by Hubbard, since it was the hardest part to alter. I'd already had my doubts while in (asshole OTs, new and old levels---from folder studies seeing pc's terminally going down the same chains and f/ning but NEVER resolving the issue....it's a long list that started me wondering) Once I got out, I actually stayed away from this board for a long time while I made my evaluations and conclusions. I didn't like the "it's all evil" or the "management evil, tech good" in any form. I made up my own mind. Tons of research, tons of time and thought, and it pisses me off when I feel that some people might assume I hate the tech just because it came from the cult. Not true for me, might be true for others, but others might be in the same boat I am. I'm fine that you think the tech is innocuous, or even good. I totally disagree....but, hell...it should be OK that I think the tech is designed to fuck us up miserably without assuming I'm oppterming with the cult.

As far as getting the good out of the tech....it's a poor analogy, but to me, it's like grabbing the grains of rice out of a small bowl that has fallen onto wall-to-wall shag carpeting. Yeah, you can get some good bits of rice, but it's covered with all that inedible annoying fuzz. AND, you can get some totally awesome fuzz-free rice next-door, and in this case, it's probably cheaper. The merchant just fooled you into believing (once you tasted his delicious rice) that HERE was the only place you could get it and save yourself from starvation.

Nah, I'm not going to debate tech with those who love it right now...sorry, and I'm sure you'll judge me for it, but I'm out of the cult, and don't give a #!$ about judgment at this point....rock on if you care to.:happydance: It's all just my personal opinion. I hate the tech...and I'm tired of "hiding" that fact...pretty odd to me that I felt that way on an Ex-Scientologist Board...but, yeah... I'm almost afraid this could be my final post. Not sure I want to deal with the possible attacks that might be coming, but, hiding was for my Scio days. I'm done.

I understand what you are saying & I agree. Before I went into Scientology I was quite Psyic & had lots of abilities :yes: then while I was in, I lost them :whistling: but now I am out I have got them back :woohoo:

I got rid of the crap tech from my mind, I suppose I kinda deprogrammed myself, stopped using the terms & read stuff on the internet that I knew was true because I have seen things happen in the Orgs that I disliked. :yes:

What keeps me going now is that I am FREE from all that crap :trash:

Good twin

Floater
Yep. The tech is crap. Whatever good comes from your Scientology experience is in spite of the tech not because of it. IMO of course.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
I'd already had my doubts while in (asshole OTs, new and old levels---from folder studies seeing pc's terminally going down the same chains and f/ning but NEVER resolving the issue....it's a long list that started me wondering)

I find that some of the tech sucks; some works well; and some is so-so. But for many it has been a starting point. Why does a pc go down the same chain again and F/N but not deal with it? Because that bit of tech is incomplete and needs more research and development. Various people have done more R&D and improved on R3R(A), for instance. It's not available in Scientology because it isn't Scientology, but without Scn there in the first place it wouldn't have happened.

Paul

The biggest problem I find with Scientology's co called "Tech" ; aside from all the cult baggage is ... it is intentionally dragged out to maximize profits. It is even dragged out in the Freezone where profits are not necessarily a prime motive.

Sure Scientology incorporated various pop physiology and self help techniques which are useful, but it's not worth having to dig through the endless crap to find them. Hubbard was a master at taking a fairly straight forward concept and convolving it into endless reams of fluff filled documents.

I guess the idea was to keep people too busy weeding through his incoherent writings to actually find or recognize the source he stole it from themselves.

Or maybe he was just so conditioned to writing third rate fiction for a penny a word, he knew no other way of doing it.

uniquemand

Unbeliever
I agree with you, Clamicide, that the "whole product" called the Tech is designed to deprive people of personal sovereignty and drain them of their resources and then put them to work as slave labor to bring others in to do the same.

We would argue about the value of the bait, only, I think. I like the bait, I think it's worth working for and towards, but the trap is both a threat and a betrayal after trust.

That's why I don't do Scientology anymore. I don't want to debate the tech with you, either, I think we're too far apart on some points, but I wouldn't want you to cease posting, so please stay and post away. It's about many viewpoints. I'm sorry if you feel dog-piled on by pro-techies, but EVERYONE has a right to voice their views!

Daisy

Patron with Honors
Clamicide,

I agree with you. I think the tech (scientology mind-f***) is dangerous. After 5 years, I'm still trying to sort out the real me versus the scientology me. I have such a hard time conversing with people because it is so new to me and foreign to me to speak to someone without all the added mind-f*** going on.
LOL, wasn't I suppose to get that figured out on the comm course!!!!

Free to shine

Shiny & Free

Yay! :clap:
That's exactly how I feel too.
And I remember the day I first said it (wrote it), quite a milestone. Good on you! :happydance:

Voltaire's Child

Fool on the Hill
It's fine if you don't like Scn tech but not everyone has the same thoughts on the matter.

I won't debate it either, if you aren't interested in doing so. I'll just close with one observation:

Any mental/spiritual/idea type system, etc, that produces any effects can be used or misused. It can be beneficial or it can be malign.