What's new

The Test of a Sea Org Leader (or how it is that David Miscavige is always right)

miscaveat

Patron
I don't know if they had this back in the old days, but there is a test that is required as part of any SO recruit cycle called the Leadership Test. I've tried to find some data on these various tests that are required of Scientologists, such as the OCA, Aptitude, and IQ test, but I've not found anything about the Leadership Test. A high score on this test is necessary in order to be qualled for HCO and any executive post.

The contradictions of the Leadership Test always bothered me, because on the one hand Hubbard claims Scientology is in favor of human rights, democracy, freedom, etc. yet as many of us know, this is mostly crap.

But the Leadership Test is so blatantly obvious (and it's a short test), and it is also one of those things which reveals the fact that David Miscavige is simply ruling exactly the way Hubbard intended.

Most of the multiple-choice questions are basically designed to find out if a recruit believes LRH is Source; if there can be a "Source" for anything (correct answer: yes); if Scientology is new or old (correct answer: new); if LRH invented Scientology or if Scientology existed before (correct answer: LRH invented it); if its probable that Scientology was actually known to Christ (!) (correct answer: no); if when a PC gets better is it because of him, the auditor, the processes, or LRH (correct answer: LRH), and so on.

The answer to the last question is probably the most disturbing and this is the exact question:

A leader of a government should rule:
1) Single-handedly
2) As a member of a council
3) By the will of the people

You can probably guess the correct answer.

Assuming that LRH designed this test as he did the OCA, IQ and Aptitude tests (all three of which are flagrantly psych-oriented and derived, most especially since the theory of IQ was developed by psychs, and the idea that its possible to test personality and aptitude also likewise a product of psychs), then it can't really be claimed that David Miscavige is doing anything contrary to "Source".

It would be interesting to get the answer keys to all these tests (both forms, since there are two versions of each) and see what their reaction would be when someone scores 100% on all of them. It'd be also useful if someone wanted to join the SO undercover, though since no one seems to have made any serious attempt at this, there may not be much point in doing so.

That's another paradox. The Church is intensely paranoid about infiltrators and saboteurs and undercover agents and reporters, but to date I don't think anyone has seriously bothered. I just recall one British journalist who made a half-assed attempt a few years back and made a fool of herself because she was so nervous and paranoid herself that she didn't even make it through the metered sec check. And the sec check is probably the easiest part to pass! Unless, of course, one is so nervous that their palms are sweaty and they can't get their answers straight.

It's incredible the so-called "security measures" in place are really just crap and simple to game, but enough to fool even investigative journalists and reporters.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
It would be interesting to get the answer keys to all these tests (both forms, since there are two versions of each) and see what their reaction would be when someone scores 100% on all of them. It'd be also useful if someone wanted to join the SO undercover, though since no one seems to have made any serious attempt at this, there may not be much point in doing so.

I scored a bunch of these when in HCO or all-handsing. I don't recall there being anything specific about what to do if the IQ and Leadership and Aptitude tests scored at 100%. I vaguely remember something about the OCA all along the top = unreal/theetie-weetie, but I don't know if that is now the "standard" response.

What was amusing (ironic) was it sometimes happened that the Aptitude test got misscored because the person scoring it couldn't follow the instructions. (The "Aptitude" test tests the ability to read and exactly follow instructions.)

Paul

miscaveat

Patron
I scored a bunch of these when in HCO or all-handsing. I don't recall there being anything specific about what to do if the IQ and Leadership and Aptitude tests scored at 100%. I vaguely remember something about the OCA all along the top = unreal/theetie-weetie, but I don't know if that is now the "standard" response.
l

Yes, "theetie-weetie" is still the standard response. Amazing how little changes. It's one of those Hubbardisms, like "namby-pamby", that I find incredibly annoying.

I've taken the test all manner of ways but was never able to get anywhere near a straight line across the top, though very easy to stay above the middle line, so I always thought the test was rigged to make this impossible, but apparently people have done it and they are generally thought to be raw public who have never had any auditing and live in a dream world. Or something.

You didn't happen to take with you any of those answer keys?