ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

The Tone Scale

Discussion in 'Grundy's Guide to Scientology' started by grundy, Mar 26, 2008.

1. gomorrhan

gomorrhan Gold Meritorious Patron

Attribution of intention might be your game. I couldn't care less what Hubbard's intention was. I use the tool the way I use it, not the way he intended, as I have no idea what his intentions were.

2. Voltaire's Child

Voltaire's Child Fool on the Hill

Ya beat me to it, Kev.

Thing is, if a person is interested in the concept and its implementation), then doesn't matter what the old man actually DID.

3. lionheart

lionheart Gold Meritorious Patron

Great, in which case I expect you don't quote Hubbard's "tech" and you use your own tech, instead of his. And what you are using is not Scientology. That's great, just wonderful! You are both ex-scientologists! :thumbsup:

4. gomorrhan

gomorrhan Gold Meritorious Patron

I rarely quote Hubbard, except for those who seem to need Hubbard's authority stamped on an idea before they are allowed to see it as valid. I have always only used my own ideas (frequently copied from other sources, shuffled, minced, and given sprinkles by me).

5. Voltaire's Child

Voltaire's Child Fool on the Hill

I'm an heretical non CofS Scn'ist.

:p :happydance:

In any case, if we're talking about the tech as written as opposed to what he actually did, then we ARE talking about "Hubbard's tech"- certainly NOT anything I came up with.

6. beyond_horizons

beyond_horizons Patron Meritorious

:goodposting:

With Vinay’s curiosity regarding Idenics I believe he’s got a good shot at working some bugs out for himself. :)

I also find what Alan posted once provides great if not the best insights, i.e., that he found in almost every segment of Hubbard’s writings after KSW something that was problematic about the tech! And with that, and seeing it for myself, I'm more inclined to factor in this particular perspective and advice because of the fact it was born from one who saw the need to develope and implement 'correction lists' into what is now refered to as 'standard LRH tech'.

My point being, why get one's self all wrapped up around that axel in the first place?

But I’m willing to bet that from a core scientological center, at least for awhile, anything Vin learns from Idenics will somehow try to be massaged out to others from within the frame work of his scientologyical implants tm , as inspired by Hubbard so as to keep scientology working. That is until he finally get's it and purges a bunch of that stuff out of his system.

I hope not though ... AFAIK enough of that sort of thing has/is already being done.

By the way LH, your link to the 'headless. org' is yet another valuable perspective for integrating, getting unstuck and moving forward in and out of life here in the 21st century.

http://www.headless.org/index.html

:thumbsup:

7. Mark A. Baker

Mark A. Baker Sponsor

An interesting footnote: the illustrated version referenced was the work of Scott (aka Scotty) Sutton, formerly bookstore officer at the Scientology of Orange County mission (SOC).

Scotty was a gifted artist as can be seen in his creative adaptation of the tone scale. Last I heard he was illustrating childrens books.

Mark A. Baker

8. lionheart

lionheart Gold Meritorious Patron

Thanks, BH, I've just picked up your reply. :thumbsup:

I'll be going to a headless gathering in July, to remind myself that I have no head! :hysterical:

9. davidmis10

davidmis10 Patron

you people seem a little brainwashed still . Sad

10. uniquemand

uniquemand Unbeliever

I certainly am. I train my attention. That's brainwashing.