What's new

'The Vegas Plot': How Las Vegas Scilon Devon Newman plotted to kidnap & kill cops..

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Re: 'The Vegas Plot': How Las Vegas Scilon Devon Newman plotted to kidnap & kill cops

I read some of the police report. I don't want to minimise what they did (was it more than "thought crimes"?), or how (genuinely) unsavoury they were anyway, but with all the revealed info about the years of FBI's entrapment activities leading up to arrests and convictions of [STRIKE]patsies[/STRIKE] terrorists, I have to wonder what really went on.

Paul

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Re: 'The Vegas Plot': How Las Vegas Scilon Devon Newman plotted to kidnap & kill cops

Interesting story... I'd like to be a fly on the wall hearing her explain all that to the ethics officer :eyeroll:

Devon is back to posting on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/devon.newman.77

And still has a number of scientologists as friends.. Bruce Wiseman Mary Shuttleworth... quite a list actually for someone who is probably labeled PTS Type B - Criminal
https://www.facebook.com/devon.newman.77/friends

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

And still has a number of scientologists as friends.. Bruce Wiseman Mary Shuttleworth... quite a list actually for someone who is probably labeled PTS Type B - Criminal
https://www.facebook.com/devon.newman.77/friends

Yes, she does. There is a large roster of BIG public scios there. Maybe someone will do the nuke-her routine with them so they know not to be associated for much longer. :)

Paul

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron

Welcome back Smurf, glad you're out of the hospital.

Thanks for this interesting article.

Leland

Crusader

Everything OK Smurf?

Hope you are doing well.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP

Everything OK Smurf? Hope you are doing well.

Thanks, Leland. I had a heart attack & spent a week in the USC Cardiac Unit. I'm slowly recovering. My doc says I have a blockage in the right ventricle & will undergo surgery in the next 2-3 months to remove the blockage.

Leland

Crusader

Thanks, Leland. I had a heart attack & spent a week in the USC Cardiac Unit. I'm slowly recovering. My doc says I have a blockage in the right ventricle & will undergo surgery in the next 2-3 months to remove the blockage.

My best to you Smurf...and hope all gets better.

Doctors are doing amazing things these days....I am sure you are in good hands.

Get better soonest.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP

My best to you Smurf...and hope all gets better. Doctors are doing amazing things these days....I am sure you are in good hands. Get better soonest.

I thought the heart attack was bad, then doctors noticed my legs & feet had swollen twice their normal size (very painful) which they assumed was just water retention, then nasty, oozing abrasions began to appear.. they did a culture & found that during my hospital stay, I developed a staph infection that got under the skin.

I'm slowly recovering from that (hurts like Hell) and a bit miffed that I would get cellulitis, a staph infection while I was a patient in the hospital.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire

I'm slowly recovering from that (hurts like Hell) and a bit miffed that I would get cellulitis, a staph infection while I was a patient in the hospital.

Well, think about it. What kind of institution has a huge collection of nasty pathogens, chomping away at living hosts with compromised immune systems and looking for new homes, concentrated in its non-airsealed environment?

I once read that a hospital is one of the worst places to be if you are sick, for just this reason.

Paul

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron

I thought the heart attack was bad, then doctors noticed my legs & feet had swollen twice their normal size (very painful) which they assumed was just water retention, then nasty, oozing abrasions began to appear.. they did a culture & found that during my hospital stay, I developed a staph infection that got under the skin.

AGP on OCMB says you fell entering the hospital for a return appointment. I hope that didn't cause any new injuries.

SonatheFixer

Patron with Honors

Holy Crap! I didn't know.

I'm glad you're ok Smurfy, take good care of yourself.:thumbsup:

Terril park

Sponsor

I had cellulitis a few years ago. Its similar to the flesh eating bug but eats skin.

I was on a antibiotic drip in hospital for a week. I believe it saved my life. The affected leg
has it seemed permanently damaged skin.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One

Get well, Smurfie. Best Wishes. :)

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP

Well, think about it. What kind of institution has a huge collection of nasty pathogens, chomping away at living hosts with compromised immune systems and looking for new homes, concentrated in its non-airsealed environment?

I once read that a hospital is one of the worst places to be if you are sick, for just this reason.

Very true. A friend reminded me how many people die in hospitals every year. In December, it was announced that "Medicare is cutting payments to 721 hospitals nationwide for not doing enough to reduce avoidable infections and injuries, called "hospital-acquired conditions." My hospital is No. 1 on the list. :omg:

http://www.scpr.org/news/2014/12/18/48770/medicare-cuts-payment-to-hospitals-with-high-infec

beltway

Bone Idle

Wishing you quick recovery and increased immunity.

Cat's Squirrel

Gold Meritorious Patron

Get well soon Smurf, that infection sounds really nasty.

prosecco

Patron Meritorious

Oh no! Hope you are OK. Is USC hospital County Hospital?

Hope your recovery is smooth....

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser

My GP works to get me out of the hospital as fast as possible because he says it is the most likely place to get infected with a disease & almost impossible to get any rest.

Another Dr told me when those annoying people come around during the night for stuff ( like BP, temperature, urine sample. or anything else ) just tell them " Go away " & they WILL go away.

Oh, & if in a room across from the Nurses Station = ask to get moved ! ( Unless in ICU - LOL ! )

Smurf, get better soon my good man !

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP

Oh no! Hope you are OK. Is USC hospital County Hospital? Hope your recovery is smooth....

Thank you.

No. KECK Medical Center at USC is a smaller hospital & much nicer than USC-LA County, which treats mostly the indigent & undocumented residents from south of the border that have no medical insurance. :)