ESMB has entered archive mode. All posts and threads that were available to the general public are still readable. The board is still searchable. 

Thank you all for your participation and readership over the last 12 years.

If you want to join in the conversation, please join the new ESMB Redux at www.exscn2.net.

The Week Before March 15th

Discussion in 'Other Locations Pickets and Protests' started by The Dilettante, Feb 13, 2008.

1. I am so happy to hear about the protest scheduled for March 15th. It got me thinking about the week prior when everyone is harassed to double their course schedule so that stats will be up for the event.

What if there were protests the weekend before the event and all that week up until Thursday at 2:00 of course. :ohmy: And what if their stats dropped that week because of the protests. I'm sure you would not hear about it at the event (stats are always up), but just think of the havoc it would wreak.

I was also thinking that it would be a great idea for Anonymous to protest wherever the "Stress Tests" are being held. I bet people would think twice before stopping for a Stress Test.:happydance:

I am new to the board so can someone let me know if Anonymous reads all of these listings or is there a better way to send them some helpful ideas.:coolwink:

2. Curiosity

Curiosity Patron with Honors

There are members of Anonymous on the board. :)

3. Zinjifar

Zinjifar Silver Meritorious Sponsor

Everyone is anonymous. Even those who are not anonymous are anonymouosly anonymous.

However, the 15th pickets will hopefully be an expansion on the 2/10 ones, with all the 'wait and see' and 'couldn't make it' types able to join the fun.

Too much planning for 'tactics' such as 'crash their stats' is probably beyond the kind of loose non-organization that the mysterious 'Anon' can handle.

Still, there's nothing saying that individuals can't do their own pickets anytime, and, in fact, regular and frequent pickets have shown a lot of promise in the past. The UK guys have done a good job and some of the SF people did regular monthly pickets for quite a while, with good results.

The big ones are 'events' and not suited to overthinking I suspect.

Just remember; don't picket alone; remember that the pickets are for the *General Public* and not intended to directly impact the 'org' and even a small picket can have good results.

Zinj

4. Björkist

Björkist Silver Meritorious Patron

I wonder if the turn out for the next protests will be larger.

Invest in Guy Fawkes masks (and other GF memorabilia) now!!!

5. Poofy

Poofy Patron with Honors

They're running minor daily and random protests as well. the AU anons are looking for things like building openings and events to do mini protests at.

6. Wisened One

Wisened One Crusader

Where do you get those masks, anyway?

Wisened One

7. Dulloldfart

Dulloldfart Squirrel Extraordinaire

Search ebay "vendetta mask" for example. There are several there.

Paul

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 14, 2008
  8. Poofy

Poofy Patron with Honors