The Why for Idle Orgs?

Terril park

Sponsor
The Why for Idle Orgs?

Below a post by Mike Rinder on Marty's latest blog subject. To me it makes sense
to something otherwise nonsensical.

bb

David Miscavige on the Internet and Scientology
mrinder | May 11, 2012 at 12:49 pm | Reply

Yeah — that wasn’t the only destabilization that occurred. Being sent to the Hole didnt do much for anyone’s stability on post either! In truth, from around 2000 there was absolutely nobody that was stable on any post in International Management. If they hadn’t been officially busted by Miscavige, they were designated as “T/A” and/or all their juniors were publicly informed by Miscavige (usually in front of them) that they were “CI” or “SP” or “DB” or a sex pervert or a criminal or thief or incompetent or all of the above…. I have written a number of posts about how Miscavige completely unmocked international management. ANd because he cannot manage anything himself (his specialty is micromanagement) his only solution to maintaining the facade that Scientology is expanding is to buy shit. Thus the “Ideal Org” program. No management required. Just buy MEST and convince everyone it is evidence of “expansion.” Funny, someone sent me a photo of the utterly rundown, empty Buffalo “IDeal Org” the other day. And for years, Miscavige pounded in the “Buffalo pattern” as the model of his management expertize in action, to be duplicated in every org in the world. Well, he got that part done — now he has empty buildings everywhere, and most cannot afford to maintain the palaces they are in, nor pay the utilities bills.

This despatch from him is a tiny microcosm of his “management” style. A dog’s breakfast is the model of order and sophistication by comparison.

It sucks to be Miscavige (unless you are John Allender, then it sucks even worse to be sucking Miscavige).

Veda

Sponsor
The Why for Idle Orgs?

-snip-

Because Hubbard followed a "be, do, have" sequence, ending up with "hard granite" monuments to himself, just as he intended.

Because there is no Bridge, and Hubbard lied to Scientologists when he told them there were levels above (new) OT7.

Because Miscavige appears to be too honest - or nervous - to fabricate new OT 9 and 10, 11 and 12, etc., to keep the faithful reaching for the next mysterious - but "vital to survival" - OT level.

Because Hubbard established a psychological-political operation that functions best with a small number of core members - infiltrating, gathering information (blackmail), sucking-money, and maintaining his monuments and protecting his "good name" - an operation that is intended to last for thousands of years as his own personal fan(atic) club, and talk of Clearing the planet was just part of the con.

Thank goodness the orgs are idle. Why would anyone want them thriving and expanding? Do you want millions on the Bridge to Xenu?

By the way, shouldn't this be in the MartyWorld section?

The Why for Idle Orgs?

Below a post by Mike Rinder on Marty's latest blog subject. To me it makes sense
to something otherwise nonsensical.

bb

David Miscavige on the Internet and Scientology
mrinder | May 11, 2012 at 12:49 pm | Reply

Yeah — that wasn’t the only destabilization that occurred. Being sent to the Hole didnt do much for anyone’s stability on post either! In truth, from around 2000 there was absolutely nobody that was stable on any post in International Management. If they hadn’t been officially busted by Miscavige, they were designated as “T/A” and/or all their juniors were publicly informed by Miscavige (usually in front of them) that they were “CI” or “SP” or “DB” or a sex pervert or a criminal or thief or incompetent or all of the above…. I have written a number of posts about how Miscavige completely unmocked international management. ANd because he cannot manage anything himself (his specialty is micromanagement) his only solution to maintaining the facade that Scientology is expanding is to buy shit. Thus the “Ideal Org” program. No management required. Just buy MEST and convince everyone it is evidence of “expansion.” Funny, someone sent me a photo of the utterly rundown, empty Buffalo “IDeal Org” the other day. And for years, Miscavige pounded in the “Buffalo pattern” as the model of his management expertize in action, to be duplicated in every org in the world. Well, he got that part done — now he has empty buildings everywhere, and most cannot afford to maintain the palaces they are in, nor pay the utilities bills.

This despatch from him is a tiny microcosm of his “management” style. A dog’s breakfast is the model of order and sophistication by comparison.

It sucks to be Miscavige (unless you are John Allender, then it sucks even worse to be sucking Miscavige).

And in other news ... water is still wet.

NoName

A Girl Has No Name
Does anyone know how many properties were bought up pre-2008? And what markets? Just wondering how much the cult lost in the real estate bust.

:confused2:

Obviously, the more they lost, the better. :yes:

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious
The why for Ideal Orgs?

Because a lof of the orgs were rundown dumps.

The madness lies in getting people to buy a building and then renting it back to them! If the staff only had to pay the ultilities then they would have a lot more money and pressure to raise even more money from the same suckers plus one would not be as intense.

The moment all this insanity will stop is when people stop buying into this bullshit.

... And nothing Rinder say's makes sense. Same for Marty. They are both so thoroughly brainwashed into 'standard tech' that they cannot see the reality the rest of the world sees.

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious
When people stop caring about Scientology, they stop caring to look for the 'why's' for everything.

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
I would like to correct the heading, if that is okay:

THE WHY FOR IDLE MORGUES? The Scientology Organization has to put the "bodies" somewhere! That is why they are called
IDLE MORGUES!

Smilla

Ordinary Human
It is because Scientology is a cargo cult!

"The term "cargo cult" has been used metaphorically to describe an attempt to recreate successful outcomes by replicating circumstances associated with those outcomes, although those circumstances are either unrelated to the causes of outcomes or insufficient to produce them by themselves. In the former case, this is an instance of the post hoc ergo propter hoc logical fallacy."

"Successful organisations have fancy buildings, therefore if we have fancy buildings, we will become a successful organisation." Lol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cargo_cult#Metaphorical_uses_of_the_term

Ho Tai

Patron Meritorious
Thanks for this reminder of my youte, Smilla! I saw "Mondo Cane" before I was old enough to drink. Definitely broke me out of the Doris Day movie watching habit.

(Edit) Just checked out the Wiki link in Smilla's post and there's no mention of "Mondo Cane", a film from 1962. For those interested, worth a little digging.

Last edited:

GreyLensman

Silver Meritorious Patron
It is because Scientology is a cargo cult!

"The term "cargo cult" has been used metaphorically to describe an attempt to recreate successful outcomes by replicating circumstances associated with those outcomes, although those circumstances are either unrelated to the causes of outcomes or insufficient to produce them by themselves. In the former case, this is an instance of the post hoc ergo propter hoc logical fallacy."

"Successful organisations have fancy buildings, therefore if we have fancy buildings, we will become a successful organisation." Lol.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cargo_cult#Metaphorical_uses_of_the_term

You know, that would explain DC8 planes, the whole space opera bullshit, OT III and L. Ron Hubbard himself.

The man was the embodiment of a Kurt Vonnegut antihero. Overweight, paranoid, delusional, grandiose, ebullient, controlling - perfect created character. Add in a bit of "cargo" washed up on the shore (say, a momentary exterior with full perceptions moment), and you have Ron saving the island (planet) by buying off the gods to allow the gift of cargo (exteriorization) to be brought back to these shores.

Scientology IS a cargo cult.

Smilla

Ordinary Human
You know, that would explain DC8 planes, the whole space opera bullshit, OT III and L. Ron Hubbard himself.

The man was the embodiment of a Kurt Vonnegut antihero. Overweight, paranoid, delusional, grandiose, ebullient, controlling - perfect created character. Add in a bit of "cargo" washed up on the shore (say, a momentary exterior with full perceptions moment), and you have Ron saving the island (planet) by buying off the gods to allow the gift of cargo (exteriorization) to be brought back to these shores.

Scientology IS a cargo cult.

Yes, I really think it is.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f_QIsohU7NY

Vittorio

Patron Meritorious
No. For some of us it is a built in. The entire history of human philosophy, science, & development is dependent on that fact. :yes:

Mark A. Baker

You know full well what I mean. Scientologists looking for a why and people in general looking for the answers for things are quite different. Scientologists and Indie's find their 'why's' and yet still seem to be down each others throats and having enemies.

'Preserve, protect, promote'

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
Claire simplifies the explanation

Let's cut through the rhetoric.

It's about money. That's it. Money.

It's a money maker for them.

Yes, if you had a functioning church that cared about what it says it cares about, the policies about owning their own buildings would be very nice.

But really, in actual fact? It's about money.

apocalyptic

Patron with Honors
Why would anyone want them thriving and expanding? Do you want millions on the Bridge to Xenu?

You do realize that by asking that question of T, you are contributing to the visionary equivalent of spiritual delinquency don't you? (i.e. he will imagine it, with joy).

Lol.

Apoc