What's new

The Works of Captain Bill Robertson (CBR) — Excalibur, Phoenix etc.

TheOriginalBigBlue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Umm, on point one: she is/was a con-artist, a "honey-pot" is what the governmental intelligent types would call her. But a "beauty" absolutely NOT, but quite acceptably looking . . . it is her false "charm" that did folks in.

On point two, I don't recall . . . it's all in Capt. Bill's own book (forget its title)

R
Ah yes, I always liked Hubbard's expression, "thin social veneer". He could be so descriptive if nothing else. The great irony was that LRH promoted sincerity and integrity while driving people to duplicity just to survive. You could get away with speaking truth to power in Scientology...if you had someone in a high position of power who liked and supported you but it was always a tenuous position.

People with charisma, that "too much there" look, and attractive features could find a quick footing and be moved quickly up the internal cultural ladder as it were, but they often screwed up by granting themselves too much authority to interpret LRH's intentions and would suddenly be disappeared. You could be out there but you had to be out there just the way LRH liked people to be out there and that was a wildly moving target.

I didn't know him well but I think Bill ran this gauntlet and because he could balance the crazy charisma thing with the sincerity thing pretty well he could play the game longer than most.

In retrospect, I look upon this as a unique character building experience. I'm not sure I would take it all back although that would have changed my life significantly. If only people could go to cult camp so they could learn what this was like but it probably wouldn't be the same now. I had met DM and he managed my traffic but I was gone by the time he took over. Somehow I don't think the experience is the same as under LRH in this regard. LRH was into gamesmanship. He enjoyed the art of subtle manipulation, courting loyalty by building capable people up on one hand and ruthlessly breaking them and reconstructing them in his image on the other. DM seems to be just ruthlessly breaking...period.

ILove2Lurk

Lisbeth Salander
Please, someone----kindly r-factor me that my entire "time track" in Scientology was "dub in", and that I really didn't join a cult. LOL
I still cringe, realizing I was that stupid, gullible and naive. LOL
That's quite a brutally honest self-reflection and admission . . . and
actually the highest-level "ex" cognition. Compare it to the final EP on
OT8. However, it's at the top of the "Ex"-Scientology Classification
Awareness Chart
. It's a tough level to complete and attest, LOL.

. . . . . . . . . . . .HH2.jpg
. . . . . . . . . . . .. . . . . . . . .:clap:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on
Awareness Chart

. . . . . . . . . . . .View attachment 14307
LOL

I am humbled!

Because in life I badly fumbled. . .

Despite passing star-rates, cuz I verbatim mumbled. . .

For decades, my thinking wuz all cultie-jumbled. . .

From OT heights, I then so badly tumbled. . .

Shit don't work, the SP grumbled. . .

Then blew from all that mumbo jumbo

And paid my dues for being an ex-cult dumbell.

So what mumbo-jumbo is a non-standard rhyme? So write a KR, or whatever--I don't care. LOL

Last edited:

RogerB

Crusader
Awareness Chart

. . . . . . . . . . . .View attachment 14307
OK, ILove2Lurk . . . I love that new avatar of yours. It's quite lickable actually, and love that deliciously frazzled hairdo! :)

Lightcraver

Hi,

I'm looking for the CBR materials but the links are no longer active :( Does anyone have the materials and would be willing to share? I am familiar with the "official" CofS OT levels and want to check out the CBR versions.

Dulloldfart

Squirrel Extraordinaire
Ah, I see. All the links now point to the first post of this thread, rather than the exact post in this thread containing that specific item. I guess they stopped working after a board migration sometime. The links to the RonsOrg site items still work for the items I just checked.

Did you scroll through the thread at all?

Paul

Lightcraver

Yes, I have, but unfortunately it is the same result. You set up a zip file for someone a few years ago on Paulsrobot but that isn't active anymore either. And I'm interested exactly in the materials that aren't available at Ron's Org, such as the OT VIII Excalibur. I read most of his "public" stuff. Please, can you make a zip available for me to download or update the links? I'd be very grateful. I'm a serious researcher and a Clear so I know what I'm asking for.

strativarius

Inveterate gnashnab & snoutband
Yes, I have, but unfortunately it is the same result. You set up a zip file for someone a few years ago on Paulsrobot but that isn't active anymore either. And I'm interested exactly in the materials that aren't available at Ron's Org, such as the OT VIII Excalibur. I read most of his "public" stuff. Please, can you make a zip available for me to download or update the links? I'd be very grateful. I'm a serious researcher and a Clear so I know what I'm asking for.
You're a Clear? Wow! Far out! It must be amazing not to have that nasty old reactive mind getting in the way all the time.

Lightcraver

OK, because it's you I'll keep my gob shut. But what a thing to say, here of all places. Honestly!
I understand what you're saying and I didn't mean to offend. But yes, I do believe in the validity of at least a lot of the Tech. I do however in no way agree with the way the CofS is run by DM and Co. And I have never been a member of the Church, I attested with a Field Auditor who left the Church years ago and practices auditing at a reasonable price and without any oppression. Please do not tar everyone who uses the Tech with the same brush.

strativarius

I understand what you're saying and I didn't mean to offend. But yes, I do believe in the validity of at least a lot of the Tech. I do however in no way agree with the way the CofS is run by DM and Co. And I have never been a member of the Church, I attested with a Field Auditor who left the Church years ago and practices auditing at a reasonable price and without any oppression. Please do not tar everyone who uses the Tech with the same brush.
You didn't offend me so there is no reason to apologise. As far as 'The Tek' is concerned I promised Paul I'd keep my mouth shut in this thread, but rest assured you wouldn't like what I think about it.

Last edited:

RogerB

Crusader
You didn't offend me so there is no reason to apologise. As far as 'The Tek' is concerned I promised Paul I'd keep my mouth shut in this thread, but rest assured you wouldn't like what I think about it.
So, Stratie is speaking real English now instead of the Cockney-Aussie-version of it . . . what happened to the "gob", Stratie? Did it get smacked???:D

For you non-Aussies, we have a saying out there: one is "gob smacked" when one is left speechless by events or circumstances one is confronted by.

strativarius

So, Stratie is speaking real English now instead of the Cockney-Aussie-version of it . . . what happened to the "gob", Stratie? Did it get smacked???:D

For you non-Aussies, we have a saying out there: one is "gob smacked" when one is left speechless by events or circumstances one is confronted by.
Well Rog, I put the fact that I didn't repeat my use of the word 'gob' down to not wanting to overdo it. Yeah, gobsmacked means 'speechless' alright.

Last edited:

Lightcraver

Well, that's perfectly fine with me. I can only say that auditing and the Tech helped me personally. I don't buy into the CofS' claims that the Tech helps everyone and solves everything. I think it's just as with any other kind of therapy or self-help method: If it helps you, fine, if it doesn't, well, just move on to something else....

strativarius

Well, that's perfectly fine with me. I can only say that auditing and the Tech helped me personally. I don't buy into the CofS' claims that the Tech helps everyone and solves everything. I think it's just as with any other kind of therapy or self-help method: If it helps you, fine, if it doesn't, well, just move on to something else....
If auditing helped you I'm happy for you. All I'm saying is if you want to proselytise, this isn't the place to do it.

Lightcraver

If auditing helped you I'm happy for you. All I'm saying is if you want to proselytise, this isn't the place to do it.
No, I'm definitely not trying to proselytise, I want to apologise again if you got that impression! I realise that a lot of people have gone through horrible things while in the CofS and wouldn't want to come anywhere near 10 miles of any auditor after that. And btw, I don't tie into the whole idea of Scientology being a "religion", I think it's a therapeutical Tech that can be helpful for certain people if employed in an ethical and responsible manner, nothing else.

strativarius

No, I'm definitely not trying to proselytise, I want to apologise again if you got that impression! I realise that a lot of people have gone through horrible things while in the CofS and wouldn't want to come anywhere near 10 miles of any auditor after that. And btw, I don't tie into the whole idea of Scientology being a "religion", I think it's a therapeutical Tech that can be helpful for certain people if employed in an ethical and responsible manner, nothing else.
It's not auditing and auditors per se that people here have an aversion to, it's scientology itself, which has never delivered any of the fabulous promises it made to all of us who swallowed Hubbard's bait.

Yes, talking about your problems to a sympathetic listener can be therapeutic, but to extrapolate from that that the rest of scientology 'works' is a huge mistake.

Last edited: