What's new

"They will lie, steal, and cheat for their religion without a twinge of conscience"

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
Marty is long past accepting KSW or blaming everything on DM. No wonder some of the Fundamentalist "everything wrong with Scientology is DM's fault" Independent Scientologists hate him. (Not that they and others might not have other reasons to hate him.)

Marty: My Practice
http://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2013/07/23/my-practice/

Excerpts:
If you can’t graduate them with their good sense appealed to and their wisdom shining, graduate them in such a state of shock they’ll have nightmares if they contemplate squirreling (defined as departing one iota from the letter of what is taught). – L. Ron Hubbard, Keeping Scientology Working

That learning philosophy was explained further in Hubbard’s highest level instructions (Class VIII course) wherein he told the most advanced Scientologists that humanity was incapable of being appealed to through understanding; and so, instead, it was their duty to command people and make them ‘obey.’ (See Memoirs of a Scientology Warrior, Amazon Books 2012)

Irrespective of the fact that much of the technology such methods sought to impart was geared towards bringing a person to self-determined understandings, that system of indoctrination ultimately implants fixed, subjective ideas about living, God and ultimate spiritual concerns. At the end of the day, the methods place a glass ceiling on growth (in fact create regression) by means of enforced belief that curiosity and thirst for continuing education inherently stem from aberration.
Having studied all of Scientology and a great deal on the subjects that led to its development (including their continued evolution while Scientology has remained static), a simple, workable rule of thumb has materialized for me. That is, the degree to which Scientology departs from its client-centered philosophical and technical roots is proportional to the degree it harms rather than helps. This in large part has become evident to me in helping people who were disappointed with their Scientology experience over the past five years. Almost to a one, somewhere along the line each individual’s intent and purpose for engaging in Scientology in the first place were tampered with, rejected and replaced entirely by imposed intents and purposes.

Somewhere along the line in the Scientology experience the magic of the technology – each of its efficacious results marked by its adherence to its client-centered philosophic roots – is replaced by inculcation of the client rather than consultation and service of his or her needs, wants, aspirations and purposes. Those goals do, and ought to if a positive evolution of awareness and ability is being achieved, change along the road. But evolution in Scientology is geared solely toward achievement of goals that do not involve the client’s participation in establishing, except to the extent means are employed to obtain the client’s agreement to pursue them. The attainment of those implanted goals turns out to be purely subjective – no matter how clothed in science its claims and promises are presented. An objective examination of the result of those who pursue the implanted goals to their ends – no matter how convincing its achievers may be in professing their alleged subjective feelings of happiness, power, ability and bliss of self-actualization – proves their actions often betray their vigorous assertions of equanimity. For the most part they have turned their own self-determinism (the restoration of which is promised) over lock, stock and barrel to their teacher (See What Is Wrong With Scientology, Amazon Books 2012). They will lie, steal, and cheat for their religion without a twinge of conscience – all while attempting to exude a vibrant, open, extroverted appearance. Thus, they cannot be trusted by ordinary mortals, not even by their mothers, fathers or even their children. In any values computation, their religion trumps conscience. And thus the price of the ultimate ring in Scientology is the forfeiture of one’s conscience.

TG1

Angelic Poster
Re: "They will lie, steal, and cheat for their religion without a twinge of conscienc

The mind fuck runs deep.

TG1

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Re: "They will lie, steal, and cheat for their religion without a twinge of conscienc

"They will lie, steal, and cheat for their religion without a twinge of conscience"

and Hubbard created them....and Hubbard defines them as criminals!

These are what Scientology creates!:yes:

escapingscinuts

I am currently being victimized by this cult as in, they are trying to wipe out everything :good about me - stealing my pics, my contacts, my records of work, my mail, even my family and life long friends ect....I am breaking off with this person who is doing this and I hate him now.. I can not reason with him and he is scary at times .:nervous::unsure::angry: I am sick and tired of going poor for this crap .. How do I fight back ?? They even took my mothers pension money !

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron

I am currently being victimized by this cult as in, they are trying to wipe out everything :good about me - stealing my pics, my contacts, my records of work, my mail, even my family and life long friends ect....I am breaking off with this person who is doing this and I hate him now.. I can not reason with him and he is scary at times .:nervous::unsure::angry: I am sick and tired of going poor for this crap .. How do I fight back ?? They even took my mothers pension money !

WELCOME Escaping!! Glad you are here. Keep reading - keep posting. Tell your story, when you are ready. It is liberating and freeing to be out. They specialize in destroying everyone and then silencing them into submission. You are not alone and you have support here. Hang in there - it will get better!! The key is to stay away from all Scientologists and get some power back by hanging out with normal people.

Thanks for posting!! WELCOME~!:cheerleader::hifive::cheerleader::hifive::dance3::thankyou::grouphug::grouphug::cheers::flowers::welcome2::welcome2::welcome2:

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron

Take the battle to them.

Lawrence Wollershiem pointed out that $cientology always attacks, because their conduct is indefensible.

And.. everything they do is to encourage or enforce silence,

so..

refuse to be silent.

To be, or not to be, that is the question:
Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune
Or to take arms against a sea of troubles,
And by opposing, end them.
Hamlet (III.i.64-68)

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron

:wave: Hi, Escaping - and :welcome2: Yep, you need to be here. You will escape. You will be free. Soon, very soon. Keep reading here . . . . Keep thinking for yourself. You are not alone. Many have been in your shoes, and are now here, FREE. You follow in their footsteps.

Fuck scno/co$/dm.
:scnsucks:

Spirit

just another son of God

If Marty was on fire, I wouldn't piss on him to save his sorry ass. :puke2:

MostlyLurker

Patron Meritorious

I like how Marty has changed his point of view on scientology.

OhMG

Patron Meritorious

I like how Marty has changed his point of view on scientology.

He's getting there but still has a few light years to go. He is still in denial about Elron's original intentions, Oatee levels & whatnot.

Sindy

Crusader

And thus the price of the ultimate ring in Scientology is the forfeiture of one’s conscience.

You can say that a million times over.

Sindy

Crusader

If Marty was on fire, I wouldn't piss on him to save his sorry ass. :puke2:

Not even to salvage his body so it can be further tortured for all of eternity?

Spirit

just another son of God

That's okay. I would. :biggrin:
So would I if I was pissing gasoline at the moment. He is just another puppet dangled by the dark forces, just like DM.

Sindy

Crusader

So would I if I was pissing gasoline at the moment. He is just another puppet dangled by the dark forces, just like DM.

Tell me about these "dark forces".

Spirit

just another son of God

Not even to salvage his body so it can be further tortured for all of eternity?
Let his carcass burn, damn his soul! :clapping:

Purple Rain

Crusader

From what Mosey was saying on that interview I think that Marty had to go through all of this to find out what he believes for himself. He was making himself ill by not auditing when he believed in it so deeply, but now that he has been doing it in the real world he has been having a chance to think and experiment for himself.

Two things I admire about Marty are that he is not afraid to change a position and not afraid to admit it. Who knows where the road will lead but I think that if he ever aspired to "lead" Scientology that is not the case now. I think his goals have shifted as well - what he values in life and wants out of life.

I think he is happier than DM by lightyears and knows it. I don't think he'd trade places. Just like I said before that it was like Hubbard sold his happiness for a pot of soup, just looking at Alexis' family alone, let alone Nibs' family - he was really like King Midas in the end. All of this gold and nothing truly worth loving left in his life. I think Marty's life is full and becoming fuller and I think he sees that and treasures that. And I think that maybe he knows he has hurt people and wants to give something back.

Then again I have never met the man and this is just my impression through seeing the excerpts of his posts on threads on this board, watching videos that feature him and talking to people who have met him. Also I project way too much - both positively and negatively. But I still think I'm right about Marty. I think he's a work in progress and Mosey is his muse. I think we'll all be surprised by the time his life finishes. I think he will take a path nobody suspected when he was first out - whatever that is.

From what Mosey was saying on that interview I think that Marty had to go through all of this to find out what he believes for himself. He was making himself ill by not auditing when he believed in it so deeply, but now that he has been doing it in the real world he has been having a chance to think and experiment for himself.

Two things I admire about Marty are that he is not afraid to change a position and not afraid to admit it. Who knows where the road will lead but I think that if he ever aspired to "lead" Scientology that is not the case now. I think his goals have shifted as well - what he values in life and wants out of life.

I think he is happier than DM by lightyears and knows it. I don't think he'd trade places. Just like I said before that it was like Hubbard sold his happiness for a pot of soup, just looking at Alexis' family alone, let alone Nibs' family - he was really like King Midas in the end. All of this gold and nothing truly worth loving left in his life. I think Marty's life is full and becoming fuller and I think he sees that and treasures that. And I think that maybe he knows he has hurt people and wants to give something back.

Then again I have never met the man and this is just my impression through seeing the excerpts of his posts on threads on this board, watching videos that feature him and talking to people who have met him. Also I project way too much - both positively and negatively. But I still think I'm right about Marty. I think he's a work in progress and Mosey is his muse. I think we'll all be surprised by the time his life finishes. I think he will take a path nobody suspected when he was first out - whatever that is.
I think he has realized that making a living by using Hubbard's con game to fuck people out of their money isn't all that it''s cracked up to be

Sindy

Crusader

Let his carcass burn, damn his soul! :clapping:

You do know I was being sarcastic, right?

Can I also just say that the juxtaposition of your frantic bug next to your infinity symbol gives me a bit of a headache. Is that a "dark force"? I'm confused. :)