What's new

THIS is how to make the IRS re-examine Scientology’s tax exempt status

CommunicatorIC

@IndieScieNews on Twitter
https://whyweprotest.net/threads/to...logy’s-tax-exempt-status.125622/#post-2529112

Also from TonyO's page, some key groups due to being the GEN holders for subordinate organizations.

BigBeard

The 1993 'Closing Agreement' resulted in Group Exemption Letters for a number of $cientology entities. These letters assigned a Group Exemption Number (GEN) to each entity, and allowed them to identify subordinate entities that derived their tax exemption through the Group Exemption, rather than filing their own Form 1023. Such subordinate entities have to include the GEN they derive their tax exemption from on their filed Form 990s.

The key point is if the 'Central', or parent, organization loses it's tax exempt status, the subordinate organizations also lose theirs.

It should be noted a number of narCONons have a GEN of '0000', which means they filed their own Form 1023 and have tax exempt status seperately from NN Int's GEN 2595.

The following is a list of the 'Central'/parent organizations, and their GEN numbers found so far:

EIN - Employer Identification Number
GEN - Group Exemption Number, assigned by a Group Exemption Letter
SC - Subsection Code, 03 = 501(c)3 Exempt
AF - Affiliation Code, 6 = Central, the organization is a parent (group ruling); 9 = Subordinate organization in a group ruling

EIN 952769582
NARCONON INTERNATIONAL
4652 HOLLYWOOD BLVD
LOS ANGELES CA 90027-5408
GEN 2595
SC 03
AF 6

EIN 953739098
SCIENTOLOGY MISSIONS INTERNATIONAL
6331 HOLLYWOOD BLVD STE 501
LOS ANGELES CA 90028-6313
GEN 4167
SC 03
AF 6

EIN 592153393
CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY INTERNATIONAL
6331 HOLLYWOOD BLVD STE 1200
LOS ANGELES CA 90028-6340
GEN 4168
SC 03
AF 6

EIN 680005541
CITIZENS COMMISSION ON HUMAN RIGHTS
6616 W SUNSET BLVD
LOS ANGELES CA 90028-7104
GEN 4169
SC 03
AF 6

EIN 954302671
HUBBARD COLLEGE OF ADMINISTRATION
320 N VERMONT AVE
LOS ANGELES CA 90004-3511
GEN 4170
SC 03
AF 6

CommunicatorIC

https://whyweprotest.net/threads/to...logy’s-tax-exempt-status.125622/#post-2529112

Also from TonyO's page, some key groups due to being the GEN holders for subordinate organizations.

BigBeard

The 1993 'Closing Agreement' resulted in Group Exemption Letters for a number of $cientology entities. These letters assigned a Group Exemption Number (GEN) to each entity, and allowed them to identify subordinate entities that derived their tax exemption through the Group Exemption, rather than filing their own Form 1023. Such subordinate entities have to include the GEN they derive their tax exemption from on their filed Form 990s.

The key point is if the 'Central', or parent, organization loses it's tax exempt status, the subordinate organizations also lose theirs.

It should be noted a number of narCONons have a GEN of '0000', which means they filed their own Form 1023 and have tax exempt status seperately from NN Int's GEN 2595.

The following is a list of the 'Central'/parent organizations, and their GEN numbers found so far:

EIN - Employer Identification Number
GEN - Group Exemption Number, assigned by a Group Exemption Letter
SC - Subsection Code, 03 = 501(c)3 Exempt
AF - Affiliation Code, 6 = Central, the organization is a parent (group ruling); 9 = Subordinate organization in a group ruling

EIN 952769582
NARCONON INTERNATIONAL
4652 HOLLYWOOD BLVD
LOS ANGELES CA 90027-5408
GEN 2595
SC 03
AF 6

EIN 953739098
SCIENTOLOGY MISSIONS INTERNATIONAL
6331 HOLLYWOOD BLVD STE 501
LOS ANGELES CA 90028-6313
GEN 4167
SC 03
AF 6

EIN 592153393
CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY INTERNATIONAL
6331 HOLLYWOOD BLVD STE 1200
LOS ANGELES CA 90028-6340
GEN 4168
SC 03
AF 6

EIN 680005541
CITIZENS COMMISSION ON HUMAN RIGHTS
6616 W SUNSET BLVD
LOS ANGELES CA 90028-7104
GEN 4169
SC 03
AF 6

EIN 954302671
HUBBARD COLLEGE OF ADMINISTRATION
320 N VERMONT AVE
LOS ANGELES CA 90004-3511
GEN 4170
SC 03
AF 6
https://whyweprotest.net/threads/to...logy’s-tax-exempt-status.125622/#post-2529114

Forgot to mention, inlcude the GEN number, as well as the EIN, and mention it's the 'parent' of a Group Exemption on any Form 13909 filed on the above.

BigBeard

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
See below a PDF with a table of EINs for all Scientology entities posted here to date (am trying to figure out the best way to keep an up-to-date and complete list)

View attachment 10154

Try creating a database speadsheet... using Microsoft's Excel or OpenOffice, which is free and opens many document types including excel http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OpenOffice.org

If you are interested in all the EINs, the front group EINs can be found at the IRS exempt org search site
http://www.irs.gov/Charities-&-Non-Profits/Search-for-Charities

One thing, please, will you PM me if you ever find WISE's EIN #? No one can find it. I've asked Jeff about it but he said he couldn't find it either.

Thanks for helping :) :thumbsup:

UPDATE:
I got 144 results on the org name Scientology from the California Registry of Charities
Some are old and dead orgs so you have to look at the info on each but EIN #s are listed in the search results with org/mission name
Go here http://oag.ca.gov/charities/charity-research-tool#Location:Default
Fill in as follows
Organization Name type in : Scientology
Then check: - Containing the above text.
For State: choose "Any State"
Leave the rest blank

Last edited:

Intentionally Blank

Scientology Widow

secretiveoldfag

Silver Meritorious Patron
I can't find anywhere else to dump this; sorry if there is a more relevant thread but I don't find the board easy to search

I just read that 'Bill Clinton, as president, ordered the IRS to give Scientology tax-exempt status as a recognized church in the United States. The Clintons also have ties with Scientology'.

Is this true? Did Bill do any auditing?

http://www.bayoubuzz.com/politics/u...d-bill-clintons-relationship-with-scientology

How serious is Hillary and Bill Clinton's relationship with Scientology?

How serious is the Bayou Buzz?

CommunicatorIC

I can't find anywhere else to dump this; sorry if there is a more relevant thread but I don't find the board easy to search

I just read that 'Bill Clinton, as president, ordered the IRS to give Scientology tax-exempt status as a recognized church in the United States. The Clintons also have ties with Scientology'.

http://www.bayoubuzz.com/politics/u...d-bill-clintons-relationship-with-scientology

They may be referring to the Daily Caller story cross-posted yesterday in the thread Church of Scientology Lobbied Hillary Clinton’s State Department:

Church of Scientology Lobbied Hillary’s State Department

http://dailycaller.com/2015/06/21/ch...te-department/

* * * * * BEGIN EXCEPT RELEVANT * * * * *

Scientology’s links to the Clintons predate Hillary’s term at the State Department.

The Clinton administration’s Internal Revenue Service granted Scientology its status as a tax-exempt church within Clinton’s first year in office in 1993.

Actor and Scientologist Tom Cruise personally called Bill Clinton to get him to influence his friend, British Prime Minister Tony Blair, to help Scientology’s charity status in Great Britain, according to former Scientology executive Marty Rathbun.

Actor and Scientologist John Travolta once received “an unsolicited offer of presidential help” from Clinton as Scientology fought the German government on issues of religious persecution, according to The Los Angeles Times. Clinton administration national security advisor Sandy Berger personally talked to Travolta about the issue and the administration’s efforts to resolve it.

* * * * * END RELEVANT EXCERPT * * * * *

Little David

Gold Meritorious Patron

Bill has been reported to have had a Scientologist as a roommate in college. It is unknown if he ordered the IRS to give Scientology tax exempt status but it wouldn't surprise me if he did. What is known is he said nothing publicly against it and no one has said he did or said anything against it while or after he was President in private.

I would love to see a reporter put Hillary on the spot and ask her about this and if she would be opposed to the removal of Scientology's tax exempt status if she becomes President.

secretiveoldfag

Silver Meritorious Patron
Bill has been reported to have had a Scientologist as a roommate in college. It is unknown if he ordered the IRS to give Scientology tax exempt status but it wouldn't surprise me if he did. What is known is he said nothing publicly against it and no one has said he did or said anything against it while or after he was President in private.

I would love to see a reporter put Hillary on the spot and ask her about this and if she would be opposed to the removal of Scientology's tax exempt status if she becomes President.

The article certainly says Bill ordered the change in status.

Get your reporter to ask Hillary if her husband was blackmailed by the cult, secrets of the confessional notwithstanding, into making this extraordinary decision almost as soon as he took office in 1993. It would make more sense than the usual story about legal suits and blackmailing IRS personnel, to my mind.

Purple Rain

Crusader
Is there any way of keeping track of the number of IRS complaints filed similar to the Big List of people who have spoken out, so we can have some idea of whether 2 complaints have been lodged or 200 or 2000? Or is there some web page where the IRS lists them? I haven't done it yet, and while I am wildly enthusiastic for others to do it, I still find the idea daunting. I guess it restimulates an old tax form engram... Lol!

AnonLover

Patron Meritorious
Is there any way of keeping track of the number of IRS complaints filed similar to the Big List of people who have spoken out, so we can have some idea of whether 2 complaints have been lodged or 200 or 2000? Or is there some web page where the IRS lists them? I haven't done it yet, and while I am wildly enthusiastic for others to do it, I still find the idea daunting. I guess it restimulates an old tax form engram... Lol!

Nope. As a direct result of several of the FOIA Scientology vs. IRS lawsuits in the 1970-80s, anything received by the IRS that is directly, indirectly or remotely related to some tax paying entity is exempt from the disclosure on the grounds of a) the IRS touched it. b) it was directed to the IRS. c) it mentions someone or something that has filed a tax form of any kind.

Meeting any one of these criteria makes the information 100% untouchable for three different basic reasons, 4-6 reasons if you throw the word "investigation" or any other tax law enforcement type word into the mix. IOW getting anything out of the IRS other than a Form 990 on a non-profit is pretty much 10,000% exempt.

Leland

Crusader
And not just any Scientologist but Richard Reiss, long-time Senior C/S FSO (now deceased).

Paul

Interesting info Paul.

How about a little back ground.

Was Reiss a second generation?

What did his parents do?

How did he pay for his College?

Where was he on the bridge....while in College?

And what College?

Did he graduate...?

When did he join the SO?

Leland

Crusader
If there was any help from Clinton due to Reiss.....then why did C of $ have to do the multiple law suit operation....and digging up dirt....and the usual C of S tactics...?

Just curious what is being thought about this ....