What's new

This one really hurts

johnAnchovie

Still raging
Just to bang home how our former masters affect individuals. I am taking the liberty of posting a reply from a private correspondent, someone who has suffered at the hands of OSA, and continues to do so, this is a person whom I admire for real courage and bravery.

"John, you should be aware that --- has been on probation since May
30 of this year (while - was in jail) that prohibits - from saying
anything negative to a $cientologist. - lawyer has warned us that
this might include Internet postings and as yet unidentified media or
circumstances. Probation violation could get -- back in the slammer
for another year. I don't know if either of us would survive that.

I very much appreciate your being willing to go public with your
experiences so soon after coming out. It takes some people up to 20
years to shake off the brainwashing, fear, etc. Many people are now
silenced due to their ties to family still in, or their need to get
back to financial solvency after being bankrupted and ruined. Those
of us who have experienced the power of the Kult really value the
bravery and compassion of former $cientologists who can and do speak
out.​

Please, don't ever be afraid to expose a group that perpetuates such wrongness.

JA

OHTEEATE

Silver Meritorious Patron
speaking out

My wife and I have been very loud, very visible, and always use our names, and name names and tell what we know to be true. We have had no OSA harrassment of any kind. Just keep it real, and true, and you will be ok. This cannot go on forever. They are not growing. They are contracting. Their reach is cut. As Tommy Gorman says, "Keep telling the true harms of Scientology". Mike Henderson OT 8 Class IV. Founding Patron with Honors

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
My wife and I have been very loud, very visible, and always use our names, and name names and tell what we know to be true. We have had no OSA harrassment of any kind. Just keep it real, and true, and you will be ok. This cannot go on forever. They are not growing. They are contracting. Their reach is cut. As Tommy Gorman says, "Keep telling the true harms of Scientology". Mike Henderson OT 8 Class IV. Founding Patron with Honors

Mike, I don't have any objections to what you write here except that the fact that *you* have not experienced 'Church' of Scientology harassment does not mean that the 'Church' is not harassing people.

I'm a nobody who was never a Scientologist, yet I have 10 years of fairly blatant stalking and harassment behind me. I seldom mention it, both because it's fairly incredible at times, and, because there are others who have been and continue to be harassed far more offensively.

My name is Joe Lynn. I have not been 'anonymous' since 1998. So, that *you* have not been harassed could mean that Scientology is more terrified of you; or, it could mean it's more terrified of me :)

What's certain is that the 'Church' of Scientology is terrified, and, terroristic.

Zinj

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Mike's right, the cults intelligence and black ops office has shrunk to minuscule OSA since it was the mighty Guardians Office. There has been lots af harrasment.. And there will be more. But these days it looks like the harrasment is isolated activities inspired by DM's tantrums maybe. They simply don't have the people and organization to do much. The critics and unsatisfied customers have become too numerous to handle.

Still no fun if you become the target.

But any Operation they do is another chance to catch 'em redhanded. So I'm almost hoping that they'll try some shit. Like the Keystone Cops, they can be counted on to fuck up royally.

The first post in this thread could be about Keith Henson... Keith just got released from jail. The cult performed the most offensive manipulation of the US justice system to put him there. Actually having the judge deny mention of Cof$ and their policies in court. So the jury did not know that Keith protested that particular evil and sinister cult. - 'Interfering with a religion', I believe Keith was jailed for..

This 'caper' by $cientology has judges and lawyers ears burning. They don't like to be made fools of any more than most folks.

Hrrmpf! - Religion is interfering with bloody common sense every damn day! - $cientology in particular.

:screwy:

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
Zinj said:
I'm a nobody who was never a Scientologist, yet I have 10 years of fairly blatant stalking and harassment behind me.

Yeah, I still don't understand this either.
I have experienced just a little bit of this also (not a lot).

Maybe some day I will find out specifically what determines who really gets followed and harrassed and who does not.
Until that time, I remain somewhat puzzled.

Ralph Hilton

Patron Meritorious
There seem to be several factors involved. First of all there is a GO on data collection. Every post on this and every other monitored forum is filed under author, subject etc with multiple cross filings together with all intelligence data collected. When an agent is looking for an appropriate target they go through the file for the area of the operation and pick the apparent cause of the problem. They look for opinion leaders and influential sources of "entheta"
Then there is the matter of who is perceived as an opterm. If one sets up an FZ operation or critical operation on their doorstep then one is a target. Another matter is who could be a threat to their income.
When A.R.S. became apparently a heavy threat to the CofS they must have spent fortunes investigating many individuals. They have a black PR website dedicated to publishing the results of their investigations.
My suspicion is that were very interested in links between the critics and FZ and that Zinj came up in that.
Another factor is location. The US is their stronghold and gets a lot more attention than EU. Here in Austria they have little influence. In Hungary where they are stronger they have put more effort into DAing me than here.

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.
When I was in the org, I experienced phone taps from a government body.

Once I escaped the org, I was still followed by phone taps (don't know what the hell I was going to reveal), and this led to certain friends talking in code.

Somewhere on Earth, Darth Vader is still touring various countries by travelling in a padded post-bag.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
How did you know? - The clicks and electronic noises we know from spy movies is there for teatrical effects. In real life there is absolutely no way to hear a phone tap.

Zinjifar

Silver Meritorious Sponsor
How did you know? - The clicks and electronic noises we know from spy movies is there for teatrical effects. In real life there is absolutely no way to hear a phone tap.

And, when it's a government agency, the 'tap' is done drom the Telephone Company switch.

The only way to tell is when something that could *only* have been taken from a phone conversation is revealed. And, it's very difficult to narrow things to such specifics, since most people don't operate on an effectively paranoid enough 'security level'.

Zinj

Royal Prince Xenu

Trust the Psi Corps.

We were behind the times, and still had mechanical dialing systems. I admit since it's been updated to tone dialing, it's nigh on impossible to tell, but in the mechanical days, there were two clunks, the first was the tap activating the second was the line connecting. If there was only one, then the line was clean. It required "inside" information to recognise the precise sound that was the give-away.

I know with the modern electronic stuff, any tap can be done from almost anywhere in the country and it's undetectable to the victim.

jodie

Patron with Honors
Who is harassed? Why not everyone?

Yeah well obviously they do not go after everyone.

They pick a few - head on a pike.

Those few speak of it - come across as nutters/deficient human beings - plausible deniability.

Others who were stomped on see what happened to the few heads on a pike, and then are put off from causing trouble (that's the intention).

Generally, crediblity, influence, and reach are the main criteria. There are thousands of critics, they do not have the resources to go after them all, so they go after the ones they perceive as having the most effect.

- jodie