What's new

Thousands of Scientologists attend opening of long-awaited facility

Anonycat

Crusader
CLEARWATER, Fla., Nov. 18 (UPI) -- Thousands of Scientologists have attended the unveiling of a multimillion-dollar building in a Florida city that is a hub for the religion, officials say.

After 12 years of stop-and-start construction, the Flag Building in downtown Clearwater was opened by church leader David Miscavage in a ceremony that lasted less than 10 minutes, the Tampa Tribune reported Monday.

Estimates of the number of church members at the grand opening ranged from less than 6,000 to about 10,000.

The seven-story building will host the church's "Super Power" programs developed by founder Ron Hubbard designed to hone members' 57 senses.

Only church members were allowed in the building, but building plans indicated the facility was designed for a multitude of uses. The basement contains a kitchen and dining hall while two stories are dedicated to a suite of offices with a balcony, conference room, kitchenette and private shower. There are hundreds of classrooms and offices, and a running track large enough to accommodate more than 450 people.

Comments OPEN and full article here: http://www.upi.com/Top_News/US/2013...ted-facility/UPI-29011384811288/?spt=rln&or=4

Anonycat

Crusader
Great snippet:

The "Super Power" program is said to be located on the fifth floor, where specially designed machines will be used to sharpen church member's "perceptics." For example, a motion quadrant will spin an individual around to improve their sense of compass direction, while another machine will check one's magnetic sense.

Fund-raising for the program began in the early 1990s. Some former members have claimed that the church took so long to finish the project as a "shill" to continue raising money. The church has denied that accusation.

It's also unclear how much members will have to pay to take part in the "Super Power" program, but the church's auditing sessions can reportedly cost up to $1,000 per hour.

Tom Cruise Attends Unveiling of Scientology 'Super Power' Building

Full article: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/tom-cruise-attends-unveiling-scientology-657211

The Most Insane New Features in Clearwater's $150 Million Scientology Center

Though the religion has plenty of mega-stars attached to it, most of the attention garnered is for some of its outlandish practices and beliefs, most clearly articulated on here, on South Park:

(video)

Needless to say, it takes a lot to wrap your head around Scientology, L. Ron Hubbard, actual beliefs and practices, Hollywood fanaticism, and its massive “retreat” centers for its exclusive members. Though the public is only welcome into the lobby of the Clearwater center, there are a few things we do know about the new Flagship location for the Church of Scientology. And here are some of its most insane features:

The Center Will Give You Super Powers

f9da05a0-32cf-0131-aabc-72531b075a18.gif

Though many church officials won’t go into details about what exactly goes into the Super Power program, we do know this much according to the Tampa Bay Times, “Super Power uses machines, apparatus and specially designed rooms to exercise and enhance a person’s so-called perceptics. ” These perceptics include an ability to discern relative sizes, blood circulation, balance, compass direction, temperature, gravity and an “awareness of importance, unimportance.” Um, OK.

There’s an Antigravity Apparatus

d3286950-32d0-0131-73ca-6a0968741196.gif

How will Scientologists perceptions be heightened while spun in the antigravity machine? They’ll be blindfolded, of course!

You’ve Got to Run For It

66187b60-32d1-0131-e2c2-0a4a44e3639f.gif

Full article/gifs: http://www.bustle.com/articles/9134...in-clearwaters-150-million-scientology-center

clamicide

Gold Meritorious Patron
That's why you have a sock for exactly that purpose.

DIVERSION ALERT (talking about a sock--if no interest, then scroll past :))

Honestly, my sock amuses the hell out of me. I only created it after I forgot the password:duh: to the fb account that I had set up only to be able to see other fb accounts. Both of these were created off of a Yahoo email addy that was set up so whenever I went to a website that needed info inputted, but I was sure would spam the hell out of me, I could use that addy.

Anyhow, sick as hell--knowing I'd be in bed for a few days-- I started playing a few facebook games (I've since recovered, and stopped--thanks for caring) and used that addy. In delirium of fever, and stunned hilarity of where the webz have gone... I sort of just played along. Invited only a few people (from a game), and then stopped... just answering friend requests, I got up to over 3000 quickly. A lot of them who only post in languages I don't know...

I think I put that I reside in a tiny town in France--- I was born somewhere in Asia (forget what I put). When bored, I would click on odd stuff to 'like'. I have to laugh at the ads they 'target' to my sock.

Seriously, I'm not stupid--if someone wanted to track down my real identity, they could--but, they'd have to be really bored. I can't remember the last time I checked my fb wall... I have stuff from people posting totally in Arabic, to white-bread Americans, and to Gangsta Dudes who seem to pass time playing "Candy Crush" (no joke).

Lermanet_com

Gold Meritorious Patron
"balcony, conference room, kitchenette and private shower"

Wow a life long sea org member's wet dream after all

programmer_guy

True Ex-Scientologist
<snip>

I think I put that I reside in a tiny town in France--- I was born somewhere in Asia (forget what I put). When bored, I would click on odd stuff to 'like'. I have to laugh at the ads they 'target' to my sock.

<snip>

Delete ALL cookies before you log in THEN see what happens with adverts. :biggrin:

Firefox has this selection in upper right corner (click on "Clear Console Button").
Also, use "Kill Flash Cookies" utility.

Last edited: