What's new

Tinfoil

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
You seem to be ascribing the rejuvenation of this individual to the dianetic auditing that according to you he evidently received. You harp on and on about how 'scientific' dianetics is and that DMSMH is a masterwork on understanding how the mind works.

The essence of the scientific method is reproducibility, so how do you explain the failure of it to work for the doubtless tens, maybe even hundreds of thousands of people who have looked to dianetics to 'cure' them of some physical impediment or another and haven't found it efficacious in the slightest. You talk about one case where it supposedly worked and ignore the thousands of cases where it did not. If it really was as wonderful and 'scientific' as you are forever trying to persuade us that it is we wouldn't be here to begin with, we'd all be doing very well for ourselves running highly lucrative dianetics practices.

I remember one particular PC at London org with the initials SB. She had a crippling arthritic condition and had innumerable hours of dianetic auditing because she was being constantly assured that it would alleviate her suffering. She was around the org for years and her condition did nothing but get steadily worse.

These days most of us here know better, but despite all the evidence to the contrary you continue to spout this garbage about how wonderful dianetics is and help to promulgate this dishonesty and misinformation.

Despicable is what I call it.

John Brodie ascribed the rejuvenation to dianetic auditing.

I certainly have never touted Elron as a paragon of scientific rigor. Still there is science to dianetics but any science of psychology is going to be a "soft" science.

If the woman was around for years it is likely the auditing was effective in helping her live with the condition.

I've often seen auditing to work wonders and often worked wonders with it. I remain steadfast in my informed and experienced assessment.

Numerous truly despicable things have occurred in CoS

I wouldn't call DMSMH a masterwork. I've made several attempts to give it a second reading and always put it down. It does have much good material. Now the COHE... there is a true masterwork.

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
Strati, You well know that when someone reports that "the process didn't work" one must instantly go on the attack and find out what they did wrong. Because standard tech works 100% of the time when correctly applied. You're just bitching and moaning about lousy practitioners, not the magnificent tech given to us by the most under-acclaimed genius, humanitarian, naval officer, philosopher, pilot, explorer, nuclear physicist, musician, whole-track race car driver and tomato grower of the 20th century! Come on now, get with the program.

o my!

You're not suggesting the croupier at the Co$ crap table is handing you loaded dice are you?

Clay Pigeon

Gold Meritorious Patron
CP, you probably don't know how hypnosis works or exactly what it is. It requires repetition and imaginary visualization led by the practitioner.

L Ron Hubbard was an accomplish hypnotist, although he wrote that hypnosis was forbidden, he ordered and trained Scientologists to use techniques that bring about a hypnotic state by using the basics of hypnosis: repetition and imaginary visualization led by the hypnotist (auditor).

Boil-off is not what Hubbard defined btw. It's someone going into a deep, hypnotic trance.

Yes, I know, you'll automatically disagree. But think about it, CP, and do some research on hypnosis before you insist you've never hypnotized anyone. Putting someone in a light trance is easier than you think.

Yes.

Hubbard was an accomplished hypnotist and at the same time he forbid his auditors from hynotizing preclears he reserved his right to use hypnosis for "research". When Volney split with Hubbard he particularly mentioned what he perceived as Ron's continuing abuse of hypnosis. But he didn't give specifics...

I do know a bit about hypnosis and can tell if someone is slipping into trance

JustSheila

Crusader
John Brodie ascribed the rejuvenation to dianetic auditing.

I certainly have never touted Elron as a paragon of scientific rigor. Still there is science to dianetics but any science of psychology is going to be a "soft" science.

If the woman was around for years it is likely the auditing was effective in helping her live with the condition.

I've often seen auditing to work wonders and often worked wonders with it. I remain steadfast in my informed and experienced assessment.

Numerous truly despicable things have occurred in CoS

I wouldn't call DMSMH a masterwork. I've made several attempts to give it a second reading and always put it down. It does have much good material. Now the COHE... there is a true masterwork.
While John Brodie was enthralled with Scientology he said that. He didn't make that claim after he left. Hindsight is 20/20. The woman also made no such claims later on.

Oh, I've seen it in group hypnosis too, those Christian healing groups. There's the complete scams where they set up a non-victim as a victim who is healed, and then there are those who see the preacher who zaps him down on a stage with video cameras showing this on television who say, "Wowy, powy, I IZ HEALED, PRAISE GOD!"

Ever met one of those folks later? I have. I knew a man who had scoliosis. Knew him for years, I was best friends with his sister. As a group we went to one of these things to check it out and he was picked out of those raising their hands for a healing. He lays on this cot to be healed and it actually looked like one side of his body sort of "grew" so that his feet were even. Weird, huh? Well, he was yelling and happy and praising and saying how great his back felt until about three weeks later. The pain returned, of course. The next time he saw his doctor, he saw the scoliosis was there, same as ever.

It's not that miracles can't happen. God doesn't work on demand for an audience, though, nor to promote raising money for a preacher or Scientology. Group hypnosis is what it is. R3R is what is is. Sometimes hypnosis can be helpful. Sometimes Dianetics can be helpful, and other times it can just stir up stuff and make a person feel worse.

I'm not getting into the science discussion with you. Plenty of people have already and you're just stubborn.

phenomanon

Canyon
Yes, he said that. Believing in something so thoroughly works like hypnotism and can have a temporary effect of relieving pain, feeling pain. Under hypnosis, people actually had burns appear and disappear on their skin. Of course, it's not a real heal and injuries that are more than skin deep return.

That's not to say that Dianetics itself didn't have some use at the time, though R3R was and still is a grueling procedure. It's outdated now and there are much safer, less painful and more effective techniques. Dianetics is, after all, 79 years old and based on a lot of false information and a limited knowledge of the brain.

Brody quit Scientology though. "Brodie eventually grew disenchanted with the religion after some friends were harassed or expelled following a power struggle with the organization’s leadership. “There were many in the church I felt were treated unfairly,” he told the Los Angeles Times when explaining why he ceased to support Scientology." http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/07/12/stars-who-quit-scientology/slide/john-brodie/
Thanks, Sheila.:)