What's new

To be Canadian

The Great Zorg

Gold Meritorious Patron
This is not a OP about the clam cult or anything related to it; this is just a "diversion op" to take your minds off of the cult of the poisoned mind. I, for one, enjoy these vacations from the constant battle for humanity and the demise of an ugly, mean chapter in our human history: the cult of the "church" <spit> of scientology <spit again>. :yes:

I was listening to quite a number of videos tonight and I happened upon one of my favourites, which got me thinking about how truly lucky I am to have been born a Canadian. :yes:

We, as a people's, have contributed to the world with our science, our take on things such as our peacekeeping, not warmongering military, our devotion to what is right and our abhorrence to what is wrong. There's our love of the puck and stick game called hockey and we produce most of the world's best at it. There's our great actors, even if most have gone Hollywood (Captain Kirk: shame on you!) and our great musicians, here and there. There are many things that we as a people have done and that bring my pride, always. Music is one of these things. Be it the KD Lang or Shania Twain or many, many, others, I always feel some national pride when I hear their songs. :yes:

Tonight I was listening to one song in particular that just brings tears to my eyes every time I hear it, as it was sung by the great Canadian singer and artist KD Lang, of a song written by a great Canadian songwriter, Leonard Cohen, sung at the closing of the greatest Canadian Olympics ever for our nation: the 2010 Winter Olympics in Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada. :yes:

Being human, this song and KD's rendition of it must strike a chord within all of you. That chord is your opportunity to feel what it is like, at times, to be a Canadian. This Canadian classic song has been sung by hundreds or more. It is a beautiful, beautiful song. KD truly does it justice. I actually didn't even think of her total "alternate sexuality" while she sang this song. It truly had nothing to do with one of her best performances for a audience of hundreds of millions around the world. :yes:

Her singing of this song at the close of the Olympics, where we had won more gold and other medals than ever before in history, in one our our greatest cities, being closed with a song from one of our greatest singers, of a song written by one of our greatest songwriters had prolly every single Canadian listening and watching with tears in our eyes. It was a perfect moment. :bigcry: :yes: :thumbsup:

Just saying, eh. :wink2:

I hope you all enjoy the song and the moment. - TG Zorg

Jump

Operating teatime
I'll put my feet up on the Chesterfield and listen with a big bowl of poutine before I go oat. Eh.

GoNuclear

Gold Meritorious Patron
My favorite Canadians

Not in any particular order ... here are my Canadian heros.

First, there is ice road trucker Alex Debogorski, here is the link:

http://www.iceroadtrucker.ca

The Ice Road Truckers series on the history channel has made him known, but
Alex is basically a hard working man with a big family ... 11 kids, some grown, lots of grand kids too, lives in YellowKnife, which is out in the middle of nowhere. I admire him for his lifestyle ... devotion to family, his religion (he is Catholic ... I may not agree with Catholic doctrine but I admire his sincerity) and, of course, his job, which is arctic freight hauling. Every time I see Ice Road Truckers on the history channel, I wish I had headed up to Alaska after the Navy. It's a tough, rugged lifestyle. The cold weather is the price you must pay for wide open spaces, a spirit of independence, incredible pristene wild beauty, and no being crowded in if only just minutes outside of a city. For those who can hack it, it seems like a price worth paying. I'm sure that where Alex lives in Canada it is pretty much like that as well.

Next, there is Robert Arthur Menard, Freeman on the land. His website is
http://www.thinkfree.ca Menard is a stand up comedian turned law researcher. He started deconstructing statutes after a run in with CPS after his daughter was born. His daughter was grabbed by them. He figured out via extensive statute deconstruction the nature of their authority and how they obtained it and what Menard's role unwitting role in all that was ... it came down to applying for a birth certificate, which is totally voluntary, both here and up in Canada and everywhere else, and conveys various powers of attorney over to the state. Menard has done extensive research and has assisted people on their quest to reassert their sovereign status throughout the world. He has made several videos, the first to see is
"Bursting Bubbles of Government Deception" which is a mind blower if you have never seen it before. It has nothing to do with conspiracy theories, it is about the legal system and how power of attorney/jurisdiction is granted and the nature of our system of legal fictions and entities. For most people it is extremely eye opening because the concepts are so foreign. That video can be seen on vimeo, google video, and youtube.

Finally, there is Jerry Armstrong, who did so much to expose the phoney bio of the HubTurd when it was still a very dangerous thing to do. He has been hounded by the Cof$ now for over 28 years non stop. Not sure if he is a native to Canada or not, but he has been up there long enough to be called a Canadian regardless. I don't have links in front of me, do a search for supressive person defense league and also under his name, you will come up with plenty.

Pete

The Great Zorg

Gold Meritorious Patron
Wow

Such cool replies! :yes:

As a Canadian I am aware of the long list of actors and musicians from here. Some are surprises, like Neil Young and Dennis Doherty (one of The Mamas And The Papas). :yes:

The one Canadian that still chokes me up when I read about him is Terry Fox. Here we had a young man from British Columbia who was battling cancer. He eventually lost one leg from the disease and then he decided to do the impossible; he was going to start a marathon and "run" with an artificial leg, from coast to coast across the second largest country in the world: Canada. :yes:

It all started out quietly and he began his "run" in St. John's, Newfoundland. He faced snow and blizzards and then heat as the summer approached. He had to, sadly, end his marathon in the province of Ontario when his cancer returned and spread to his lungs. He had run over 3,000 miles and raised 1.7 million dollars. He died 9 months later, from the disease. :bigcry:

To this day, the Terry Fox Run is an annual event in over 60 countries around the world with over 3 million participants and has resulted in over half a billion dollars in donations in his name for cancer awareness and research. Many new advances have come from research here in Canada alone, which was aided by his Run's donations. :yes: :thumbsup:

He was a great man. He was tough and determined. He was a Canadian. He had a lot of the characteristics that I'm sure many of us hope to find in ourselves. :yes:

His story actually ties into the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics: his mother was one of the 8 Olympic Flag Bearers given the honour of bringing in the flags and starting these Games. :yes:

Great reading: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Terry_fox

picture.php

Terry Fox's statue in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
(our capital city)​

Dukat

Patron with Honors
Thanks Zorg.

Right now I'm relishing the butt-kicking the cult is and will be getting by Canadian David Love. NarCONon is going downnn....

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Being human, this song and KD's rendition of it must strike a chord within all of you. That chord is your opportunity to feel what it is like, at times, to be a Canadian. This Canadian classic song has been sung by hundreds or more. It is a beautiful, beautiful song. KD truly does it justice. I actually didn't even think of her total "alternate sexuality" while she sang this song. It truly had nothing to do with one of her best performances for a audience of hundreds of millions around the world. :yes:

I agree with you on K.D. Lang performance about this Leonard Cohen song. I also do find it's the best of the best
Living a happy life, being what you are, finding a true live for long time and be true to you shall be a major ingredient for an artis to perform the way she does. Ther is only one thing we can succed in life - it is to be truly what we are.

Last week was looking on you tube for this song and listen to 2 good quality video of her performing Halleluja

Hope you enjoy!

[video=youtube_share;nKrkEOlyJo8]http://youtu.be/nKrkEOlyJo8[/video]

[video=youtube_share;P_NpxTWbovE]http://youtu.be/P_NpxTWbovE[/video]​

I've read few interview form her over the years in buddhists magazine and she is an inspiring being and performer.

I've known her since she was a Roy Orbison chorist - My business partner introduced me to Roy Orbison 25 years ago - He told me she would make a great carrer. I was not quite certain - But soon she became a successful vocal performer and he carrier never fade over the decades.

A memorable song with Roy Orbison - that was the beginning.

[video=youtube_share;AOXMnYfJCtc]http://youtu.be/AOXMnYfJCtc[/video]​

An interview about her being ''butch'' (her words)
She explains how she found comfort with truly being her and how it has impact on creativity

[video=youtube_share;65uJ_dVW1eo]http://youtu.be/65uJ_dVW1eo[/video]​

The retard MAA is expecting her NOW for ethics handling :lol:

lotus

stubborn rebel sheep!
Agree with you on Leonard Cohen too :biggrin:

One of my favorite

[video=youtube_share;kVT-XykIKkM]http://youtu.be/kVT-XykIKkM[/video]​

His son Adam is great too! (Same ''Jack Daniels'' voice as his father)