To Draw A Line

Commander Birdsong,

I think that for the cases that you are thinking about such a law would function, eventually, as a sanctionatory law but not as preemptive.
When we read the testimonies of so many that have been forced to those inhumane acts we see that, at the time of its occurrence, those people where unable to fight back the pressure put upon them. How could a law be applied if, almost certainly these people would keep quiet?

However I think it is important that such a cover for the right to give life to a new being exists.

well...

that is a very VERY good and exceedingly important question and, as one might suspect and as particularly serious readers familiar with my writing will presume, i have given much thought to that question and have much to say

i believe intelligent readers of this thread will be mostly pleased with what i will say and that many will anticipate much of the specific detail

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron
Excuse me for using a different colour to get my way between your paragraphs

To be a mother is an honoroble a profession as any other, but it's understandable that to the Judicial system they think about who can provide for the child/children. In here here it's the same. If you don't work it doesn't matter how honest and capable you are, the other parent will get the guardianship of the children, unless he is a monster.
But this gets to the crux of the matter. Provide WHAT? Suppose one was in posession of ample fertile land, clean water, shelter, mutual tribe and relatives? And THIS is at the heart of this matter, babies are like kittens, it is a romantic notion that a women should give birth. But the real discussion is most likely based on a veritable cultural forest. What hope do the sapplings have, can we even see them?

This is the situation exactly. As the laws in the US stand, if a woman decided to have a child against the fathers will, the father will be held legaly liable for child support. As in so many ugly situations where there is blood there is money. So, I can see that yes, the same pressure would be applied to a woman in a personal relationship. However, these changes would affect military woman in a positive way. I was also shocked to find out that the military can order women to abort their children.

I remember in my custody battle for my daughters, (the father didnt want the children, it was just another way to make my life hell) but during the court hearing the judge asked me what my profession was. I told her I didnt have one. She said "ARE YOU DISABLED?"
I had two young daughters and I was determined to be at home for them and devote myself entirely to their care. To the state this practically makes you a tax dodger and not a valuable "human resource."

whether the military can do so under current law could be contested

the primary point here is that it did occur

my lawyer friend told me i would need a case [of FOCA] to pursue my idea. CoS FOCA abuses were lively news in 2007 but i deemed it an inapropriate case for my purposes as it happened not just in private but inside a church which has a liberal dispensation of autonomy. but the military case is a clear-cut example of something not currently prohibited by law which this amendment would outlaw

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron
whether the military can do so under current law could be contested

the primary point here is that it did occur

my lawyer friend told me i would need a case [of FOCA] to pursue my idea. CoS FOCA abuses were lively news in 2007 but i deemed it an inapropriate case for my purposes as it happened not just in private but inside a church which has a liberal dispensation of autonomy. but the military case is a clear-cut example of something not currently prohibited by law which this amendment would outlaw
what is FOCA? Do you mean. FOIA? Okay, I official declare my mobile devices a dumbing down mechanism.
I am not going to have a hissy fit and leave, but I think I might limit myself to a real computer to communicate online.

Thank you mr. birdsong for at least seeing if it blends;) it is an important topic, and lets not think for a minute that the fascist element of scn are not being promulgated one way or another.

what is FOCA? Do you mean. FOIA? Okay, I official declare my mobile devices a dumbing down mechanism.
I am not going to have a hissy fit and leave, but I think I might limit myself to a real computer to communicate online.

Thank you mr. birdsong for at least seeing if it blends;) it is an important topic, and lets not think for a minute that the fascist element of scn are not being promulgated one way or another.

FOCA

forced or coerced abortion

Adiren

Patron
Just re-landed and a lot seems to have been said.

I don't think I can help much as this matter is still, unfortunately, or fortunately, very much regulated by each country/state.
I am a defender of the Human Rights as an Universal paradigm to apply to every country in the world, but I am very cautious about how it must be applied by the legal systems of each country. There are differences that have to be acknowledged and in the end I wished that there was the lightest legal systems of all - I prefer to let people regulate their lives and the legal system should only regulate the exchanges between people at the most external levels, but sometimes that is not possible and it is very difficult to find the right tune for the right situation.

About this subject I have no idea how it could be implemented. I know there are laws in my country that protect future mothers in every possible situation, from their home to work (this cover situations of risk or stress for the mother) and even in criminal occurrences, as victims or as perpetrators; the situations of rape of women are more aggravated because they menace the possibility of motherhood. But I don't see how there could be a law to prevent people from not finishing a pregnancy.

Just re-landed and a lot seems to have been said.

I don't think I can help much as this matter is still, unfortunately, or fortunately, very much regulated by each country/state.
I am a defender of the Human Rights as an Universal paradigm to apply to every country in the world, but I am very cautious about how it must be applied by the legal systems of each country. There are differences that have to be acknowledged and in the end I wished that there was the lightest legal systems of all - I prefer to let people regulate their lives and the legal system should only regulate the exchanges between people at the most external levels, but sometimes that is not possible and it is very difficult to find the right tune for the right situation.

About this subject I have no idea how it could be implemented. I know there are laws in my country that protect future mothers in every possible situation, from their home to work (this cover situations of risk or stress for the mother) and even in criminal occurrences, as victims or as perpetrators; the situations of rape of women are more aggravated because they menace the possibility of motherhood. But I don't see how there could be a law to prevent people from not finishing a pregnancy.

point of fact. we have a case. a colonel in iraq gave a lawful order to women in his command to abort

that was the case i needed to see to advance the initiative

but it's true purpose is to affirm the right in law so as to reinforce women who wish to resist quite private unlegislated pressures

and as a bulwark against any legal attempt to ration children

which is done now in china

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron
point of fact. we have a case. a colonel in iraq gave a lawful order to women in his command to abort

that was the case i needed to see to advance the initiative

but it's true purpose is to affirm the right in law so as to reinforce women who wish to resist quite private unlegislated pressures

and as a bulwark against any legal attempt to ration children

which is done now in china
and in a free nation such as the US, you will see women freely aborting their children due to the economic collapse, they got you comming and going.

Doesn't need to. The constitution limits the gov, NOT the People. You must understand the construction of the Constitution to understand the 9th Amendment in its entirety...

yes...

we think of this right as implicit but it isn't

what is there in the constitution for the women soldiers in iraq ordered to abort to cite?

you, and i am very pleased that it is you OMG, are advancing the argument that this amendment is unnecessary

N.B. all ye who gather in support!

oyez! oyez!

this argument shall hereinafter be known as The Wet Blanket Argument. or as so well noted by The Mahatma; "first they ignore you. then they laugh at you. then they fight you. then you win." just so long as you are right. "little guy can beat a big guy every time just so long as the little guy's right and keeps on coming" as the texas rangers say

"it's not neccessary" is the first line of defense. followed by a yawn.

and more serious people, like OMG, will add that the constitution is not to be amended lightly or frivolously. and it is not. although it would be entirely sensible and healthful to amend our constitution to forbid the public broadcast of reruns of "the gale storm show" this would have to be thought frivolous. perhaps at a glance one might think an amendment to affirm a woman's right to complete a pregnancy frivolous but closer examination will bring intelligent compassionate people around to it's support. in deed although OMG is the one to raise "the wet blanket argument" i am confident he is not himself a wet blanket kind of guy and that he will grasp and weigh carefully all arguments adduced. in fact i am confident he will be in our camp by the time this comes to a vote just so long as a grassroots movement is generated to produce a campaign that gets it to the floor of congress. he might set his bootheels gouged into the earth in a stance of opposition but at the penultimate moment he would vote his conscience

but at the outset viewing the proposal as unnecessary is a tenable position to withhold support. i and those who will make common cause with me need have scant concern for those who withhold support we must neutralize the minority that would block it's adoption. i already know their arguments...

as to it's necessity...

it can and will be essayed at length but for this moment i will but decant three bullet points from the essay

1. it is a most natural and obvious human right which is nowhere specified in law

2. we have a case where american women have been legally and lawfully ordered to abort

3. a line was erased which properly should have been moved

In present time

Gold Meritorious Patron
today, i think we had a big "win" regarding forced abortion.

it is my opinion that most abortion doesn't look forced at all.
women who have had abortions can iften only deal with it by asserting that they made a "choice.

in intimate conversation, sadly, more often than not, you find that woman has made a decision under duress.

every now and then, she is really glad that a mistake she made could be handled with a procedure.

that is the vast minority.

so call me a republican or whatever;)
cheers, commander.

today, i think we had a big "win" regarding forced abortion.

it is my opinion that most abortion doesn't look forced at all.
women who have had abortions can iften only deal with it by asserting that they made a "choice.

in intimate conversation, sadly, more often than not, you find that woman has made a decision under duress.

every now and then, she is really glad that a mistake she made could be handled with a procedure.

that is the vast minority.

so call me a republican or whatever;)
cheers, commander.

thank you sweetheart...

now do you have some vision of what happens when (and if) this essay goes viral on the web?

it should be up tommorrow at...

aprolifeidea.com