What's new

Today Tonight doing show on the Lord Mayor Opening the Idle Org. Tonight 6.30 pm EDT.

FoTi

Crusader
It's interesting that in the video, the reporter said that he called the Mayor several days before the opening and tried to tell him about the abuses in Scientology and the Mayor hung up on him. That sounds like the behavior of a Scientologist....doesn't it? I wonder if the Mayor is already "in", but not letting it be known publicly. I remember in the early 90's there was policy about celebrities keeping it quiet and not speaking out publicly until after they had done OTIII.

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
I doubt very much that Doyle is involved in the CofS. Despite his stupidity on this particular occassion he's generally regarded as being much too smart to be a scientologist. :D

Outethicsofficer

Silver Meritorious Patron
I doubt very much that Doyle is involved in the CofS. Despite his stupidity on this particular occassion he's generally regarded as being much too smart to be a scientologist. :D

Maybe he's been stupid more than the occasion shown and has drunk deeply of the same koolaide we too drank from, and as we know once you take a deep draught from that particular beverage it does send sensibility out the window. It might even be a surprise to the Mayor to find he's been sipping that koolaide.

Jimbo

Actually Dolye sounded genuinely embarrased about going to the event when he was called on it....so much so that I wondered why he *did* go. He really tried to give the message that he is not *one of them* .
So what made him decide to go? And the other big noter officials they drag in around the world? Skeletons in the closet being rattled around a bit by the cult?

Last edited:

Outethicsofficer

Silver Meritorious Patron
Actually Dolye sounded genuinely embarrased about going to the event when he was called on it....so much so that I wondered why he *did* go. He really tried to give the message that he is not *one of them* .
So what made him decide to go? And the other big noter officials they drag in around the world? Skeletons in the closet being rattled around a bit by the cult?

Yes I saw this too, he looked decidedly uncomfortable and wished he could be anywhere but where he was.

J

Just remembered, didn't he say that the cerbano (whatever her name is)
culty had been doing charity/good works for the city and with projects he was involved with? Can you just imagine the conversation where she moves in to get her *product* The Lord Mayor at The Idle Org Opening. He is squirming away trying to refuse. She is schmooozing and playing her trump card which is: I have been so good helping you and helping your public image: ALL I WANT now is you to come to one little idddy biddy opening ceremony of a Church no less; how could you refuse a lovely person like me without looking like a total arsehole.
All done over dinners and coffees and lovely smiles.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
culty had been doing charity/good works for the city and with projects he was involved with? Can you just imagine the conversation where she moves in to get her *product* The Lord Mayor at The Idle Org Opening. He is squirming away trying to refuse. She is schmooozing and playing her trump card which is: I have been so good helping you and helping your public image: ALL I WANT now is you to come to one little idddy biddy opening ceremony of a Church no less; how could you refuse a lovely person like me without looking like a total arsehole.

I imagine it was exactly like that. :)

IMMORTAL

Patron Meritorious
WOW! This is Awesome!

Now, I realize I didn't see much of the little twerp (DM) in that video and actually haven't seen much of him at all lately, but from what I did see he looked off to me. Meaning a little peaked, tired, wary. As well he should since this is going to just blow up all over his poor tiny little face. :bigcry: NOT!

Last edited:

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
I just love this TV program. Thanks for posting this.

There's more than meets the eye with this Mayor and his association with Scientology. Looking forward to more news on the repercussions of this.

PTSPal

Patron with Honors
Wow!

My Gawd why can't this happen in the US...the scio's have such a hold on the politicians and press here...its just sick...I've decided I'm moving to Australia :duh:

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
My Gawd why can't this happen in the US...the scio's have such a hold on the politicians and press here...its just sick...I've decided I'm moving to Australia :duh:

Haha - welcome. :)

It has taken a lot of work to get the information to the politicians as well, it didn't just happen.

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Yeh.. Let this be a warning to politicians and officials everywhere. Do not accept favors from scientologists! - Might cost a career when the favor must be repaid.

:yes:

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron

I imagine it was exactly like that. :)

Yeh.. Let this be a warning to politicians and officials everywhere. Do not accept favors from scientologists! - Might cost a career when the favor must be repaid.

:yes:

That's exactly it! I feel sorry for the guy. . . .but it's another nail in the coffin for the CofS . . .their manipulation of him is painfully obvious; the celebrity asked him to be her guest . . . and then they plaster his name and face all over their promo to show how popular the CofS is in Australia. That's low! The only people that are going to believe that are the clams at the next birthday game event. Hip hip - hooray!

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron

Haha - welcome. :)

It has taken a lot of work to get the information to the politicians as well, it didn't just happen.

:welcome: PTSPal

I know the feeling!! I don't know if you've been lurking or not, but there's a group of Aussies who really worked hard this past year (and before that too) and risked a lot to make the crimes of the CofS known in Australia. Very courageous ex-scientologists as well as a senator (Nick Xenophon) who was willing to stick his neck out and call for an inquiry.

As a result, Australia and their media are really starting to understand the insidious nature of the CofS and have gotten past being "politically correct". I just love it and I also hope that something similar happens over here soon.

-TL

That's exactly it! I feel sorry for the guy. . . .but it's another nail in the coffin for the CofS . . .their manipulation of him is painfully obvious; the celebrity asked him to be her guest . . . and then they plaster his name and face all over their promo to show how popular the CofS is in Australia. That's low! The only people that are going to believe that are the clams at the next birthday game event. Hip hip - hooray!

I don't feel sorry for him one bit, a local radio talk show host called him a few days prior to the event to ask him why he was supporting a destructive group like Scientology and he hung up on him.

At the very least he could have easily asked a staff member do a Google search for him to see what the allegations were all about.

He's an elected official and his constituents deserve better than that.

Let this be a lesson to anyone else who is asked to lie for an organization they know nothing about, or to anyone who lies about not knowing.

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
I don't feel sorry for him one bit, a local radio talk show host called him a few days prior to the event to ask him why he was supporting a destructive group like Scientology and he hung up on him.

At the very least he could have easily asked a staff member do a Google search for him to see what the allegations were all about.

He's an elected official and his constituents deserve better than that.

Let this be a lesson to anyone else who is asked to lie for an organization they know nothing about, or to anyone who lies about not knowing.

Yup . . . terrible judgment. . . the guy was starstruck . . .didn't know how to get out of it so put his head in the sand and ignored the facts. You are right -- politicians need more spine than that . . but I do feel sorry for him . . I let the CofS manipulate me at one time too and I'm still embarrassed that I let it happen. The question now is, will he talk to the exes who want to talk to him, and after he does so, will he speak out and try to correct his mistake . . . I'm patiently waiting to watch this one play out.

Yup . . . terrible judgment. . . the guy was starstruck . . .didn't know how to get out of it so put his head in the sand and ignored the facts. You are right -- politicians need more spine than that . . but I do feel sorry for him . . I let the CofS manipulate me at one time too and I'm still embarrassed that I let it happen. The question now is, will he talk to the exes who want to talk to him, and after he does so, will he speak out and try to correct his mistake . . . I'm patiently waiting to watch this one play out.

Someone did say that he is no dummy, so, did he let his guard down on being manipulated a bit, as a bit of bad judgement? But then, he was warned by the journo who phoned him....and he hung up. Why? If he is a smart guy he would have at least listened, so it sounds like it was very uncomfortable to him to listen. Why? Was he just schmoozed into speaking at the event? Or was it hinted that some skeletons in his closet would be publicly rattled around if he didn't. This is total speculation, but it is based on reasonable questions based on the conflicting bits of reality that he did go there / it was "official"/ he denied it was official / he praised the cult / he made a very explicit and clear attempt to distance himself from the cult.
The jigsaw puzzle don't look like a nice picture.

Tiger Lily

Gold Meritorious Patron
Someone did say that he is no dummy, so, did he let his guard down on being manipulated a bit, as a bit of bad judgement? But then, he was warned by the journo who phoned him....and he hung up. Why? If he is a smart guy he would have at least listened, so it sounds like it was very uncomfortable to him to listen. Why? Was he just schmoozed into speaking at the event? Or was it hinted that some skeletons in his closet would be publicly rattled around if he didn't. This is total speculation, but it is based on reasonable questions based on the conflicting bits of reality that he did go there / it was "official"/ he denied it was official / he praised the cult / he made a very explicit and clear attempt to distance himself from the cult.
The jigsaw puzzle don't look like a nice picture.

Didn't think of that! I guess that would be one way to get politicians to "support" you. . . blackmail. . . .the ends justify the means, after all, if it's the greatest good for the greatest number of dynamics. :eyeroll: I wouldn't put the CofS past it. He was obviously very uncomfortable. . . it would explain a lot.