What's new

Today Tonight Exposes Scamming Scientologist

protest

Patron
Watch Channel seven's Today Tonight tomorrow (Tuesday) to see a high ranking scientologist ripping off people yet promoting herself as a philanthropist.

Last edited:

OTBT

Patron Meritorious
Watch Channel seven's Today Tonight tomorrow (Tuesday) to see a high ranking scientologist ripping off people yet promoting herself as a philanthropist.
"Scientologist philanthropist" is out-ethics. Does not compute.

Last edited:

secretiveoldfag

Silver Meritorious Patron
To entertain you while you wait, here is a real-life example of Scientology philanthropy.

Luzette Sparrin, an elegant lady in her 90s was "the oldest Minister in the Church." She was almost blind and had no money. She wrote to L. Ron Hubbard, asking him to return the money she had loaned him when he was poor and she an affluent opera singer. He did not acknowledge her letters. She ended her days in a welfare convalescent home.

So far par for the course. But there is more...

The Church had an official group called "The Gerus Society" which visited convalescent homes to cheer up the non-Scientology elderly, promoting the Church's "charitable" ideals. When asked to visit Luzette they refused, stating it was "not our purpose." No official Church service, or even mention of her passing was ever done.

Feral

Rogue male
To entertain you while you wait, here is a real-life example of Scientology philanthropy.

Luzette Sparrin, an elegant lady in her 90s was "the oldest Minister in the Church." She was almost blind and had no money. She wrote to L. Ron Hubbard, asking him to return the money she had loaned him when he was poor and she an affluent opera singer. He did not acknowledge her letters. She ended her days in a welfare convalescent home.

So far par for the course. But there is more...

The Church had an official group called "The Gerus Society" which visited convalescent homes to cheer up the non-Scientology elderly, promoting the Church's "charitable" ideals. When asked to visit Luzette they refused, stating it was "not our purpose." No official Church service, or even mention of her passing was ever done.

Why aren't I surprised?

Scientology; a mirror to it's Founder.

Enthetan

Master of Disaster
"Scientologist philanthropist" is out-ethics. Does not compute.

A wealthy Scientologist who actually gave money to causes that benefited the poor, instead of using it to upgrade his IAS status and financing Ideal Orgs, WOULD find himself getting talked to by the MAA as being "other intentioned".

Panda Termint

Cabal Of One
Well, not exactly; what I gathered was that she'd entered into a contract to purchase some land for 4.5 Mill and was now backing out of the deal, leaving the offended party stuck with a perceived loss.

There was some criticism of her spending habits, number of shoes owned, her mansion lifestyle etc.

It was a business deal gone very wrong and because of the fact that our Secret Millionaire, Carly, happens to be a "secret scientologist" according to the graphic (she's NOT very secretive about that) the program saw fit to lay some of the blame for the dud deal at the cult's door.

I'm sure that Zhent (or someone) will have recorded it and you can make up your own mind about it but it was drawing a long bow in my opinion.

Zhent

Leakus Maximus
I'm sure that Zhent (or someone) will have recorded it and you can make up your own mind about it but it was drawing a long bow in my opinion.

I missed it, very frustrated! :angry:

protest, you should of left a notice in your main thread, which I was watching in anticipation of a possible TT announcement.

If someone knows of some media coming up soon they should probably PM me (On WWP would be best for last-minute stuff), otherwise I might miss recording these things from not watching the boards carefully enough.

I suppose we could try asking Brian to put the story up on the TT website?

Alanzo

Bardo Tulpa
Oh my god.

It looks like there is a really accurate positioning developing here for Scientology and Scientologists:

Scientology = Scam

Scientologists = Scammers