What's new

Today/Tonight exposes school financially supporting Melbourne Ideal Org.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Lovely stuff - Bryan does another great job and the starring OT VIII was perfect too.:D

Almost as good as the one who targeted Ax - but this time with a full film crew to capture EVERY glorious moment. :roflmao:

So much for OSA Int's new strategy - if they had one.:coolwink:

Zhent

Leakus Maximus
Damn I missed it!

Cant wait for someone to upload to youtube, it looked pretty good from the transcript.

We obtained a document titled 'Knowledge report' (a Scientology term) and written by the principal of Yarralinda school, Christel Duffy. It outlines in detail the plan to mortgage the school for $1 million and to give that money to the church of Scientology.

MASSIVE kudos to whoever sent that one in :D

Emma

Con te partirò
Administrator
Watch the OT8 who can't confront the evil SP TV reporter.

Ya, Scientology works, :eyeroll:

Doom

Lurking.
Made great TV, had everything, action, adventure and an OTVIII hiding in a shop from the SPs outside.
:tease:

Carmel

Crusader
The good thing about this, is that the pollies (politicians) can't hide from it.

Yarralinda school in Melbourne, took a second mortgage of a million bucks, to give to Mel Org, for its Ideal Org (on the promise that those who had pledged monies would pay the school back within a year).

A year down the track and nothing was payed back. Guess what the annual interest is/was on a million bucks? :eyeroll:

A couple of years later (2008), only 10-20% was paid back.

So, the majority of the Govt funding that Yarralinda receives goes to interest on a mortgage which the school took out for the "Ideal Org"? Oh my!

Why would that be? How could that be? The pollies can't shirk responsibility on this one. - They have a lot of constituents who'll kick up a stink about the idea that their taxes are funding the CofS, and they'll want to get to the bottom of it. :giggle:

sallydannce

Gold Meritorious Patron
The bush scurrying spy scene is spectacular! A real classic. The only thing I would say is she should have been wearing a trench coat. Wardrobe issue I guess. Her composure was...what composure?

I think the wool that has been pulled over the authorities eyes for so long has just been ripped off.

Scam time - OVER!

Carmel

Crusader
I used to know Flora (the woman in the vid), and she was a good chick.

If I was in her position (like when I was on the Board of the Athena School in Sydney), buggered if I'd know what to do or think. Undoubtedly she thinks that the school is being attacked by black hats.

Most of the board and the teachers at both schools are contributing to the school because they think it's best for the kids. They are not the problem nor the target. The problem is that the CofS has control over Scientologists, and because it does, then the schools (which are run by Scientologists) are in effect under the control of the CofS which has no regard for anything but itself.

I feel for those folk right now - They have no idea of the real scene and have been working hard to keep the school alive because of good intentions they have for the kids. Right now they'll hate us, but one day and hopefully soon, they will see and be thankful.

The issue is, that the CofS doesn't give a toss about the kids - What Church would rip off one of its schools, as opposed to support it? And, why should the govt financially support a school that will put the demands of its church before the contribution to its children? These are the questions being asked right now, and are the questions which the pollies will have to answer up to.

There are more than a few "onside" pollies all over this one, and it's one which the pollies who are against the Inquiry won't be permitted to ignore.

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I used to know Flora (the woman in the vid), and she was a good chick.

If I was in her position (like when I was on the Board of the Athena School in Sydney), buggered if I'd know what to do or think. Undoubtedly she thinks that the school is being attacked by black hats.

Most of the board and the teachers at both schools are contributing to the school because they think it's best for the kids. They are not the problem nor the target. The problem is that the CofS has control over Scientologists, and because it does, then the schools (which are run by Scientologists) are in effect under the control of the CofS which has no regard for anything but itself.

I feel for those folk right now - They have no idea of the real scene and have been working hard to keep the school alive because of good intentions they have for the kids. Right now they'll hate us, but one day and hopefully soon, they will see and be thankful.

The issue is, that the CofS doesn't give a toss about the kids - What Church would rip off one of its schools, as opposed to support it? And, why should the govt financially support a school that will put the demands of its church before the contribution to its children? These are the questions being asked right now, and are the questions which the pollies will have to answer up to.

There are more than a few "onside" pollies all over this one, and it's one which the pollies who are against the Inquiry won't be permitted to ignore.

Oh it is Flora! Haven't seen her in so long.
You're right about how the parents will be feeling. The more media attention, the better the hope that they start to question. Fingers crossed.

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Bryan Seymour is like an elephant. Bryan Seymour never forgets. :whistling:

That was awesome. That will definitely get a lot of people asking questions, and rightfully so.

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
I just had a phone call from a former Narconon staff member who'd rang Channel 7 to tell them who the scurrying OT VIII was.

And that yes, she definitely was a Scientologist and this is her name and her connections to the cult.

And asked the question - why was she lying?

Funny how people are easily seeing the lis that OTs trip over every day.

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Ahhh, that's wonderful continuity. The other one goes five seconds and stops for 55 seconds. Thanks, Emma.