What's new

Today Tonight...Tonight now...tomorrow's Today Tonight, all going well.

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
... or the day after that.
We'll be told when it's coming.
Right, James/Liz?

If you think it sucks to wait and wonder what Today Tonight are going to say about Scientology, as a critic... just imagine how crap it must be to be in OSA, and wondering what part of the scam is going to be put under the spotlight next.

Kerry

Patron with Honors
It's too late to hope for it tonight. I'll check in tomorrow, or today, if I'm up late enough, to see if there are any scheduling changes from yesterday. :unsure:

Purple Rain

Crusader
Thanks for the link, Supafreak! I think the station should repeat this warning every night in Melbourne. Actually, I think more needs to be done to warn people. It makes me irate to watch these con-artists, knowing their test is not scientific, going out to trick people out of their money. Any one person who is sucked in is one too many. It's just wrong. It's fraud. They should not be allowed to legally perpetrate those lies or mess with the psyches of those with emotional pain like that.

---------- Post added at 08:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:49 AM ----------

And also, go Dean!!!!!! You were awesome!

:)

Happy Days

Silver Meritorious Patron
Great segment thanks to Byran Seymour and Deano ... well done. We need to continue to shine the spotlight to continue to cut their reach and exposing their trickery :)

Thrak

Gold Meritorious Patron
I was amazed to hear the language Xeno was using about scn. I hope that becomes a trend with how politicians refer to this "organization".

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
I was amazed to hear the language Xeno was using about scn. I hope that becomes a trend with how politicians refer to this "organization".

Nick Xenophon has a lot of info on scientology and when you do, it is hard to disguise your scorn. :) Good on him.

Freeminds

Bitter defrocked apostate
Another excellent piece on Today Tonight. Well done Australia! When will the TV networks in the USA wake up to the fact that their 'news journalism' is nothing but toothless toadying?

scooter

Gold Meritorious Patron
Absolutely - Deano was spectacular as the "Hard Sell Reg" and you surely ain't seen nothing yet. :coolwink:

How's the beans and rice at Dundas tasting these downstat days, oh OSAspawn? :roflmao:

It's all downhill from here - get out before you get a 10 year contract with Corrective Services for - say, fraud, human trafficking, conspiracy to pervert the course of justice, etc. etc. :hysterical:

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
Oh Lord, why can't we do this here in the US...the aussie's are just awesome!

You can.

You just need to get vocal and active.

Three years ago, I could count the Australian critics on the fingers of one hand. And we had one reporter, Bryan Seymour of TT, who was doing anything on Scn.

It takes a bit of effort and persistence, everyone doing what they can but everyone doing something.

You have the St Pertersburg Times who have done some brilliant journalism which has gone viral around the world. So give them a call and tell them your story. Call your local TV station and radio stations. Go to a demonstration and make a speech outside and org and put it on You tube. Write to your politicians and ask them for some action.

Just go for it. Somewhere along the line a small crack will turn into a big one and the dam will break. :thumbsup:

:guyfawkes:

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:33 PM ----------

I recorded every TT episode this week but somehow managed to miss the Scientology segment! I don't know how this happened and I am not happy about it.

But thankfully someone else recorded it and put it on youtube -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tBsfM34xA7k&feature=player_embedded

Thanks Zhent and Quentinkrisp!

I just watched this. Awesome! Bryan Seymour does it again. I would never have thought you could make such a story out of an OCA. Deano was brilliant and that final touch with Senator Xenophon putting an OCA through a shredder was absolutely hilarious.

:hysterical: :hysterical::hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Purple Rain

Crusader

Man, I still love that song! Haha, I watched Dean hone that routine to a razor point on the threat of a program's chief's whip! Lol! Oh, those were the days. I love how he looks right at Brian and goes, "That's what YOU'VE told us ...." That's exactly how it's done. God, it's slimy! I am so ashamed for doing that to people now. I was never comfortable doing it.

supafreak

Patron Meritorious
Dean's part was awesome. Chilling, actually. Well done, Deano.

I know, right? Although I have to wonder how successful the hard approach is. One of my uni friends did a stress test years ago and must've copped the hard sell, because he freaked the fuck out and never went back.

Kookaburra

Gold Meritorious Patron
I know, right? Although I have to wonder how successful the hard approach is. One of my uni friends did a stress test years ago and must've copped the hard sell, because he freaked the fuck out and never went back.

When I was in a Cl V org there were dozens of OCAs done and evaluated before the reges could get anyone to sign up. Most of those that signed up either blew in the first few days or never continued to their next course. Div 6 is not a fun place to work.