What's new

Tom Cruise’s Son Leaves Scientology For Spiritual Journey In Morocco

If the kids did go to grandfather's funeral, the funeral would have become a media event about them.

Last edited:

uncover

Gold Meritorious Patron
Yes, interesting that he's out riding on camels, while his mother is at the funeral of his grandfather.

Apparently both kids were devastated by their grandfathers death. Except they didn't go to the funeral.
sorry, but as long as it is not possible to adopt a grandfather it is not "his" or "their" grandfather - it was only the father of Nicole Kidman.

Pheryn

Patron with Honors
sorry, but as long as it is not possible to adopt a grandfather it is not "his" or "their" grandfather - it was only the father of Nicole Kidman.

Who hit your buzzer? I don't think it's your place to decide who is/isn't someone's grandparent. If he accepted and loved those children as his grandchildren and they accepted and loved him as their grandfather...done deal. Why even debate such a thing...?

SchwimmelPuckel

Genuine Meatball
Wut the hell, Connor might just be 'applying' standard scientological thinking doctrine on the subject of religions and their stats! - He just had an honest Hubbardian crocknition: Islam is by far the biggest religion in the world by numbers. It has gained this size cause of the most effective dissemination system ever employed, which is beheading anyone who won't become a muslim!

:yes:

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron

If a child loves and accepts an older adult as a grandparent, legal documents be damned.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Who hit your buzzer? I don't think it's your place to decide who is/isn't someone's grandparent. If he accepted and loved those children as his grandchildren and they accepted and loved him as their grandfather...done deal. Why even debate such a thing...?

I think all the media interviews about Connor & Bella being close to Nicole is just hype to curb tabloid attention her kids. Rarely, in interviews, does she mention Connor or Bella.. just her two kids with Keith.

Connor & Bella are still under the thumb of their father. Were it not for his dad's celebrity, Connor would not have the successful DJ gig that he has & Bella would not be attending an expensive art school in London.

Pheryn

Patron with Honors
I think all the media interviews about Connor & Bella being close to Nicole is just hype to curb tabloid attention her kids. Rarely, in interviews, does she mention Connor or Bella.. just her two kids with Keith.

Connor & Bella are still under the thumb of their father. Were it not for his dad's celebrity, Connor would not have the successful DJ gig that he has & Bella would not be attending an expensive art school in London.

While I completely agree that Connor and Bella are under the thumb of their father & Scientology, I still think it's completely ridiculous to say that because someone is adopted the family beyond mom & dad are not theirs.

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
While I completely agree that Connor and Bella are under the thumb of their father & Scientology, I still think it's completely ridiculous to say that because someone is adopted the family beyond mom & dad are not theirs.

I agree. :)

Sassy

Patron Meritorious
Isn't going to Morocco for a muslim spritual journey like going to New Zealand for a catholic spiritual journey? Sure, you can find it there, but not the most obvious choice?
My media mind is telling me this was a desperation piece on a slow news day. Altenatively it could be something "leaked" by COS to get some NOI brownie points. It has just the right amount of wtf that is characteristic of them.

Yeah, Connor also recently tweeted something like, "man, the stuff people come up with!". I was truly psyched when I read this headline but I'm sure it's probably not true. We don't know the reasons but it bothers me that Nicole's TWO older children apparently didn't make it to their Grandfather's services. Now they only have two Grandmothers left & it seems they don't see Nicole's Mom, who knows. Disconnection much?? :unsure::ohmy::confused2:

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron

You don't know what you are talking about.

If you legally adopt a child, they become your legal child and therefore your parent's legal grandchild as well. In estate law adopted grandchildren have all same inheritance rights as biological grand-children. Only if a person specifically disinherits or makes provision in his will to treat the adopted children differently will they be. In the eyes of the law Conner and Bella are as much Mr. Kidman's grandchildren as Nicole's two kids with Keith or her sister's 4 children.

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter
A couple comments.

Most Scientologists end up leaving.

Youngsters often reevaluate and subsequently reject stuff their parents told them.

So there's hope.

Leland

Crusader
You don't know what you are talking about.

If you legally adopt a child, they become your legal child and therefore your parent's legal grandchild as well. In estate law adopted grandchildren have all same inheritance rights as biological grand-children. Only if a person specifically disinherits or makes provision in his will to treat the adopted children differently will they be. In the eyes of the law Conner and Bella are as much Mr. Kidman's grandchildren as Nicole's two kids with Keith or her sister's 4 children.

I guess it varies in scamology.....but IMO for some....there is no family. "They are just meat bodies......"

Sounds harsh....but I'm sure some have experienced this in the cult.

For someone adopted.....it must be really weird....as far as that goes in the cult.

BunnySkull

Silver Meritorious Patron
So is Tony planning on picking this one up?

I'd say it's way too vague and gossipy for Tony's blog. The fact is Conner went to Morocco, the idea of it being a spiritual journey because he left Scientology is merely gossip, with no basis in any fact I can find - just wishful thinking.

He may be visiting the many ancient religious sites around Morrocco, they are tourist destinations after all. I would not read much into it. Any non-western country might give a very spoiled American boy a profound sense of beauty and simplicity. Hell, any place outside of LA might have that effect on the guy. However, if he makes a journey to mecca then we can rest assured he is a real practicing muslim, because only muslims are allowed to enter the city.

If Conner does leave the CoS you can rest assured it will be a very quiet event, I think he will just be forever under the radar and uninvolved - at best. His lifestyle depends on Daddy's money, and Daddy's money only keeps flowing if he approves of Conner's activities. Conner ain't given up that honey pot, he certainly doesn't have the talent or education to be self-supporting in the lifestyle he's become accustomed.

If there's one thing we know it's Tom is a control freak, Scientology aids him in those compulsions with glee. He uses his fortune to maintain control of his children and they will keep him happy to keep the money flowing. Leaving the cult would make Tom mad - really mad!

I guess it varies in scamology.....but IMO for some....there is no family. "They are just meat bodies......"

For someone adopted.....it must be really weird....as far as that goes in the cult.

Well, good thing neither Nicole, nor her parents were Scios. In fact, her father was a dreaded psychologist, just one of the reasons Tom had his hands full trying to recruit Nicole.

Claire Swazey

Spokeshole, fence sitter

I certainly didn't feel that way when I was in. However, the cult comes first in most Scn families. They do have concepts of family, but when told to choose between cult and loved ones, most culties pick the cult. In most cases, it's due to brainwashing, but in some it's flat out coercion and blackmail.

Lone Star

Crusader
Oh for crying out loud this story is a bunch of complete bullshit. What are you folks, a bunch of cackling hens trying out for The View?

Leaving the cult my ass. Get lives and talk about something important. Sheeeesh!

anonomog

Gold Meritorious Patron
Oh for crying out loud this story is a bunch of complete bullshit. What are you folks, a bunch of cackling hens trying out for The View?

Leaving the cult my ass. Get lives and talk about something important. Sheeeesh!

"You stupid wogs, sitting around, wasting time nattering when there is a planet to clear!"

This is hardly the Found a Cure For Cancer Message Board and the very next thread is going to change the world forever.
Perhaps we could start some more vitally important conspiracy theory threads.:hysterical:

Anonycat

Crusader
I'd say it's way too vague and gossipy for Tony's blog. The fact is Conner went to Morocco, the idea of it being a spiritual journey because he left Scientology is merely gossip, with no basis in any fact I can find - just wishful thinking.

He may be visiting the many ancient religious sites around Morrocco, they are tourist destinations after all. I would not read much into it. Any non-western country might give a very spoiled American boy a profound sense of beauty and simplicity. Hell, any place outside of LA might have that effect on the guy. However, if he makes a journey to mecca then we can rest assured he is a real practicing muslim, because only muslims are allowed to enter the city.

If Conner does leave the CoS you can rest assured it will be a very quiet event, I think he will just be forever under the radar and uninvolved - at best. His lifestyle depends on Daddy's money, and Daddy's money only keeps flowing if he approves of Conner's activities. Conner ain't given up that honey pot, he certainly doesn't have the talent or education to be self-supporting in the lifestyle he's become accustomed.

If there's one thing we know it's Tom is a control freak, Scientology aids him in those compulsions with glee. He uses his fortune to maintain control of his children and they will keep him happy to keep the money flowing. Leaving the cult would make Tom mad - really mad!

Well, good thing neither Nicole, nor her parents were Scios. In fact, her father was a dreaded psychologist, just one of the reasons Tom had his hands full trying to recruit Nicole.

Yes, it is just a gossipy headline.

From Connor's Twitter:

Connor Cruise @TheConnorCruise · Sep 20

Hah. The stuff people come up with is .

Replied to 0 times