Tom Cruise Aware or Ingnorant of Disturbing Practices

Anonycat

Crusader
Jenna Miscavige Hill--author of the new book Beyond Belief: My Secret Life Inside Scientology and My Harrowing Escape, spoke with Piers Morgan on Tuesday, and Morgan asked her how much she believes Tom Cruise is aware of within the organization.

"I thinkTom cruise that either he does know what's going on and he's not talking about it or he is willfully ignorant about it," she said. "I mean, people who endorse an organization like this, I feel like they have a responsibility to know everything about it and know what they're endorsing."

This question has no doubt run through the minds of everyone recently who questions what goes on behind closed doors of Scientology. And in light of Hill's as well as Lawrence Wright's new book Going Clear, even more people have had their curiosities piqued.

Full article: http://celebs.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981846964

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's more willful arrogance than willful ignorance

I think Scientology is helping me and really don't give a shit about anything else or anyone else,

doing otherwise will impede my results.

smartone

My Own Boss
I think it's more willful arrogance than willful ignorance

I think Scientology is helping me and really don't give a shit about anything else or anyone else,

doing otherwise will impede my results.

Well we all remember having been told "Don't take notice of these people (SPs) who don't want us to get better" don't we?

I sure believed it when I was in. :confused2:

HelluvaHoax!

Platinum Meritorious Sponsor with bells on

Well, let's try it and see what happens. . .

EX SCN
Hey Tom, I have some information I want you to
look at about grievous human rights abuses and fraud
in the Church of Scientology.

TOM CRUISE
I don't know anything about that.

EX SCN
Uhhh, right, that's why I want you to
see the information for yourself. Here
are the DOX and surveillance videotape
of beatings, sworn eyewitness testimony
of kidnappings, terrorism, torture,
lying and rampant financial fraud.
Here you go, I'll be back tomorrow. . .

*****24 HOURS LATER*****

EX SCN
Okay, I'm back. So what do you think now?

TOM CRUISE
I don't know anything about that.

EX SCN
Did you even look at any of the facts in
this material. It doesn't even look like
you opened it up yet!

TOM CRUISE
I have people review these kinds of
things for me. When you let me out
of this room I will send it to them.

EX SCN
Send it to whom?

TOM CRUISE
My lawyers.

EX SCN
And what will happen then?

TOM CRUISE
They will deny that I know
anything about it.

EX SCN
But you do know about it. I told you
about it, right? I handed you
all the proof.

TOM CRUISE
You told me about it, but I didn't look
at any of the materials or facts.

EX SCN
And???

EX SCN
And, therefore I don't know anything about it.
Can I leave now? I have an event to go
to where I am being given a special
Humanitarian Freedom Medal of
Compassion & Total Responsibility

Yeah, I didn't think it was going to go very well.​

TG1

Angelic Poster
I strongly agree with what Jenna Miscavige said two nights ago in her interview with Piers Morgan -- that Tom Cruise either knows about Scientology's crimes or he remains willfully ignorant of them.

Then last night on "The Colbert Report," Colbert posed a tongue-in-cheek question to Lawrence Wright: "Would Scientology be good for my career?" Wright answered, "I think right now it would be public relations martyrdom for most celebrities … because it’s the most stigmatized religion in the country, for sure."

Sooth! When a celebrity endorses specific products, the celebrity and his personal brand is thereafter rightfully tarred by the brush of public opinion about those products.

Effect, meet Cause.

:)

TG1

AnonyMary

Formerly Fooled - Finally Free
Jenna Miscavige on Piers Morgan Tonight, 2/05/2013
[video=youtube_share;O-Nj5MTUmaY]http://youtu.be/O-Nj5MTUmaY[/video]

Lurker5

Gold Meritorious Patron
I strongly agree with what Jenna Miscavige said two nights ago in her interview with Piers Morgan -- that Tom Cruise either knows about Scientology's crimes or he remains willfully ignorant of them.

Then last night on "The Colbert Report," Colbert posed a tongue-in-cheek question to Lawrence Wright: "Would Scientology be good for my career?" Wright answered, "I think right now it would be public relations martyrdom for most celebrities … because it’s the most stigmatized religion in the country, for sure."

Sooth! When a celebrity endorses specific products, the celebrity and his personal brand is thereafter rightfully tarred by the brush of public opinion about those products.

Effect, meet Cause.

:)

TG1

The reputations and opinions of public for the celebs is so tarnished right now - I cannot even watch a TC film anymore. He makes me sick. Kirstie, as much as I like her, is quickly going down the same muddy road. Very fast. At least JT has been keeping quiet - and trying to stay under radar.

Whenever I see a celeb I know is a scno, my lip curls up, like a drug-dog sniffing dope. Bad bad bad feelings surround these people, for me, and I cannot get over it, or past it. It is in the open now, the information, and if they continue to stand behind this abomination/atrocity of a 'religion', then they will be held responsible, in public opinion. As the general public becomes more and more aware of what is going on in scno/co$, with these books, and tv interviews, the articles in papers and online, and the celebs connected to it, endorsing it, they will start having similar feelings/opinions. Revulsion for a celeb slops over very quickly to their work/art.

Every day that goes by, I see more and more, how shallow and empty they are as human beings - how narcissistic - and revolting. That colors the work they do - and the image they try to project and protect. It is no excuse to pretend not to know. WE KNOW THE TRUTH. THEY KNOW THE TRUTH - IGNORANCE AT THIS STAGE IS BULLSHIT. PERIOD.

Freaking cowards. ICK.

My 'idea' of celebs as being talented/gifted/artistic souls is fading - and I am seeing them ALL in a new light. And is is very dim. Could this dim the entire culture's idol worship for celebs, as it comes out how callous so many of them behave - and truly are - in the face of abuse, inhumanity, human trafficking and slavery?

Well, lots of people, general public, are just as shallow and stupid and dim as celebs, and I think they will always worship what they envy. Kiss-ass -Wanna-Bees. Same hollow shells.

Me, I despise this kind of cowardice/behavior. It is despicable.

Xenu's Boyfriend

Silver Meritorious Patron
I've come to the painful realization that Tom knows EVERYTHING that is going on, and he believes the people who are in the HOLE deserve to be where they are.

In his mind, they have betrayed David Miscavige, and thus LRH, Scientology in general, and him, and are exactly where they are supposed to be. I can see the look on his face: a lot of women know that look when a very cruel boyfriend breaks up with you for no reason and doesn't have any empathy on his face when he does it, feeling that he is the victim because you've done something wrong. (They way he did when he broke up with Nicole and went around telling their friends, 'She knows why.") Sadistic fathers are also like this.

TC believes that when those people who are in the RPF confess to what they have done, or make right on their crimes, then they can come out. He's the kind of guy that if you kissed his ring and said, "I'm sorry Tom for what I did to DM, to the church, and to you, it was all my fault, here are my crimes, DM was right, and I promise to be better...." he'd grabbed you by the shoulders, hug you, and bring you back to the fold. Otherwise, your ass can rot in The Hole forever as far as he cares and he's insulted that you would taint Hubbard's memory and legacy with your "crimes."

Look at him on the leaked Scientology video before his Freedom Medal of Valor of whatever the hell it's called. All that stuff about, "You got to know it, and if you don't know it, go learn it." "It's a privilege to be a Scientologist..." "They don't say that stuff to my face..." "I put Ethics on other people like I put ethics on myself..." (These aren't the exact quotes but what I remember from memory.) The entitlement he feels is staggering, but he sees it as humility. He justifies the violence and cruelty because it is privilege to be a part of the church, which means that members have to pay their "dues".

In other words, aTom Cruise feels bad for abused Scientologists, like military people "feel bad" for soldiers in boot camp - they don't, they believe it makes a solider out of you and if you can't stand the heat, get out of the Sea Org, or whatever.

My whole viewpoint changed when I read about how Tom Cruise treated Nazanin Boniadi - all that shit about changing her hair color before they dated, taking her braces off, filing her teeth down - just so she would be acceptable, her having to be audited and disciplined because when he won an award and she said, "Well done" or something, she was shown to be insubordinate to Cruise because only someone above him on Earth (there is only one COB) should say that. Then, at a dinner party, she she couldn't understand what the hell DM was talking about because of his Philly accent, which, by the way, with all the money in the world, he refuses to get a speech therapist, and made the grave mistake of saying, "What did you say?" and because it is a big deal in Scientology not to have a communication sent and received, she got in trouble again.

Then on the ski trip when she fell down the hill and hurt her leg, she wasn't given any painkillers, of course, but was asked why she pulled that in, told to lie down, and then as she sat miserably in her room, was retrieved and told to get back downstairs because she was supposed to be entertaining Miscavige. In the end, Tom breaks up with her and she walks out of his apartment, led out by church members while he exercises in his gym without looking up to say goodbye. Meanwhile she has signed confidentiality agreements where she has not been able to tell anyone what has been happening to her. When she cannot stop crying, her roommate, also a Scientologist, asks what's wrong and Nazanin confides in her. The roommate writes a knowledge report, turns her in, and Nazinin is disciplined severely, having to clean bathrooms with toothbrushes, sec-checked endlessly and humiliated. Later Cruise sees her and asks, "How are you?"

When are we going to wake up and smell the motherfucking coffee? I believe Cruise had sociopathic tendencies before he joined the church, and Scientology was like squirting lighter fluid on the grill. What man would stand by while the church (Rathbun testifies to this) allowed Tommy Davis and others to tell Isabella and Connor that there mother was crazy and evil and they should have nothing to do with her?

Tom Cruise is an ACTOR, and one of the biggest roles he plays is Tom Cruise. Tom doesn't give a fuck about those people's suffering - but he will now, because his life is going to change. Like any pathological narcissist, the time comes where they aren't as cute, they aren't as popular, and with this kind of publicity, (especially from someone like Jenna, who has no agenda...the church can say she's crazy and bitter all they want, but she isn't a Rinder, or a Rathbun...she's a young mother who grew up without parents), the sympathy isn't going to be with Cruise - and he's set the stage for this, telling off Matt Lauer "your glib" and acting like David Miscavige for the 5-10 years.

I don' know what's going to go down - but I know the bubble has burst for me believing anymore that Cruise is a good guy caught up in a nefarious organization who doesn't know any better. John Travolta is another story. He knows what's going on, but he's horrified and they've basically blackmailed him - he's not going anywhere. He knew what they were capable back when they messed with his friend - Sylvia "Spanky" Taylor. He knows what they are capable of now and he's not going to fuck with them. I don't know what the others think.

Let's start Cruise accountable for the church he endorses, and stop being seduced by the characters he portrays.

Last edited:

Smurf

Gold Meritorious SP
Willful ignorance! Go Jenna!

Jenna cited this as a suggestion. She was being kind. Major movie actors & actresses are very attentive to issues & comments about them in the public arena, which is why they hire expensive PR agencies to put them in a positive light & attorneys to do damage control & threaten those that threaten their celebrity & future employment.

Tom Cruise is well-aware of what's going on in the cult & he simply does not give a damn. He doesn't care about the enormous suffering of others. I suspect if someone in authority in the cult were to slug his son, Connor, in the face, Tom would find some excuse to justify the action. Tom Cruise is well-known for being very self-serving narcissistic.

Due to his own stupidity, he has been married & divorced 3 times already. Of course, in his delusional mind, the fault for the marriage problems lies with his ex-wives.

tom-cruise-acting20crazy.jpg

Xenu's Boyfriend

Silver Meritorious Patron
Jenna cited this as a suggestion. She was being kind. Major movie actors & actresses are very attentive to issues & comments about them in the public arena, which is why they hire expensive PR agencies to put them in a positive light & attorneys to do damage control & threaten those that threaten their celebrity & future employment.

Tom Cruise is well-aware of what's going on in the cult & he simply does not give a damn. He doesn't care about the enormous suffering of others. I suspect if someone in authority in the cult were to slug his son, Connor, in the face, Tom would find some excuse to justify the action. Tom Cruise is well-known for being very self-serving narcissistic.

Due to his own stupidity, he has been married & divorced 3 times already. Of course, in his delusional mind, the fault for the marriage problems lies with his ex-wives.

tom-cruise-acting20crazy.jpg

We basically agree. Great point, succinctly said.

Div6

Crusader
No Ethics change over a long period of time is one of the "administrative" characteristics of the No Gain Case (SP).

It may be that TC justifies all of this in his own mind because he is "encoding" and disseminating Scn principles via his movies, and is sending large amounts of money to the Idle Morgue campaigns.
In Valkyrie, for example, (and I wondered for a long time why he even made this movie) he embodied the "Win, or Die in the Attempt" ethos. Jack Reacher was a study in the application of the Data Series, etc....

I don't think very many people "get it" at that level, but he and DM must think it is a brilliant dissem plan. And DM blows smoke up his a** with custom cars and hangars.

Birds of a feather.

Boson Wog Stark

Patron Meritorious
I don't think Cruise knows about DM's violence toward his underlings, but if he did, he would think it was appropriate because they've got a planet to clear. He'd feel the same as true believers felt (feel) about Hubbard overboarding people. Hey, it's a Sea Org tradition.

I think Tom is especially clueless about the Sea Org life. After all, when he sees these people, they seem especially dedicated to their work. If people like Heber stick with it, and Heber sees the ugliest underbelly but remains captive, how is Tom Cruise supposed to be curious enough to believe other than what it looks like to him? The entire membership looks up to him and appreciates his influence to help clear the planet -- keep the money rolling in. He doesn't see any of the ugly things. Tom makes movies, and then Scientology is his real life -- the reality that he creates.

I bet he's never heard that DM jokes about information in his auditing files or videos, and that if he heard that, he would never believe it. It would be beyond his comprehension.

I'm sure he's unaware of the dimensions of the life of someone like Jenna Miscavige, but since Cruise's own childhood was no picnic, he probably thinks these kids who are stewed in the tech from Day 1 are fortunate.

Cruise's father abandoned him and his family. He will never be abandoned by his surrogate father, L. Ron Hubbard, and Hubbard's KSW proxy incarnate, David Miscavige.

The worst thing is that Tom Cruise has no one in his life who will tell him the truth. He's learned from Scientology and his experience being a top star, to ignore the media and any books that are written. He's got lawyers to protect his career -- hundreds of people telling him what he wants to hear to get or stay on his good side, then these voices outside the bubble, Wright, whom he thinks are just trying to tear him down.

The idea that he has a moral responsibility -- which most of us believe is true -- is going to need a lot of hammering in it it's going to scratch the surface. I think Travolta is a better candidate for taking responsibility, if maybe one day he wants to talk to Paul Haggis or something, or he gets wind that Miscavige makes gay jokes about him, and unlike Cruise, he may believe it.

Wright's Pulitzer Prize is meaningless to Cruise. I'm not sure he knows what it means, and if he does, he thinks he is much more important because he is richer and more famous, and he has "the tech," and it is what has helped him and he thinks that why people look to him for answers and help.

Last edited:

Idle Morgue

Gold Meritorious Patron
Tom Cruise knows - all those sell ebbs know - they are sell ebbs and they think they are above us mere degraded beings - they would not be sell ebbs w/o this type of thinking - it is part of their identity. It happens over time - just like the CULT personality happens over time.

Scientology and sell ebbs are like complimentary colors - they go together.

Tom Cruise beat one of his staff up for giving him a "chipped" glass to drink out of...he is paranoid like Miscavige and thinks everyone is out to get him. He lives in a Scientological bubble that Katie poked a HUGE HOLE in - and the air is leaking out slowly.

There is no way he can live here and not know now that Scientology is an evil cult unless he is insane. I think he is insane - so are any sell ebbs still in. Kirstie Alley - nut job. JT - nuts. All of them. The only sane ones got out - Jason Beghe and Paul Haggis - went public.

Cruise needs to go public and deliver a huge blow to DM and his cult. I think he is too far gone! He's too invested and right and has had many many perks from being a CULTIE tied into Miscavige!

Anonycat

Crusader
"I won't hesitate to put Ethics in on someone."

ethics.jpg

"Because I put it in ruthlessly on myself."

ruthless.jpg

" ... and I think that uhhhhhh. I respect that."

respecti.jpg

Osiris

Patron with Honors
Jenna Miscavige on Piers Morgan Tonight, 2/05/2013
[video=youtube_share;O-Nj5MTUmaY]http://youtu.be/O-Nj5MTUmaY[/video]

what a strong woman Jenna Miscavige is....

what a great interview she gave.....

she answered all the very hard questions with brilliant truthful answers....