What's new

Tom Cruise Aware or Ingnorant of Disturbing Practices

Xenu's Boyfriend

Silver Meritorious Patron
No Ethics change over a long period of time is one of the "administrative" characteristics of the No Gain Case (SP).

It may be that TC justifies all of this in his own mind because he is "encoding" and disseminating Scn principles via his movies, and is sending large amounts of money to the Idle Morgue campaigns.
In Valkyrie, for example, (and I wondered for a long time why he even made this movie) he embodied the "Win, or Die in the Attempt" ethos. Jack Reacher was a study in the application of the Data Series, etc....

I don't think very many people "get it" at that level, but he and DM must think it is a brilliant dissem plan. And DM blows smoke up his a** with custom cars and hangars.

Birds of a feather.

Valkyrie was made to appease the German government who has been against Scientology and banned it for years because of its totalitarian principles (they have to be careful of anything that smells of Nazism, which is illegal.) By portraying one of their greatest heroes - the man who tried unsuccessfully to assassinate Hitler, it was a complement to them and helped him to meet many government officials personally as they filmed in German locations. Once they met Cruise personally they would know, of course, that Scientology was okay and lift the ban and resistance.

I wondered about this film too when it came out, it seemed a strange career choice for him and his American public - what do we know about Claus Von Stauffenberg? But there is a genuine likeness between the two, and Cruise knew playing the role would be good for the Scientology agenda in that part of the world.

Just like befriending Will and Jada Smith would be good for outreach and getting blacks into the church.

befriending David and Victoria Beckham would be good for the U.K. branches of Scientology.

Just like befriending Jennifer Lopez (father already a Scientologist) would be good for the Latino efforts.

It's all manipulation to the core.

JBWriter

Happy Sapien
Valkyrie was made to appease the German government who has been against Scientology and banned it for years because of its totalitarian principles (they have to be careful of anything that smells of Nazism, which is illegal.) By portraying one of their greatest heroes - the man who tried unsuccessfully to assassinate Hitler, it was a complement to them and helped him to meet many government officials personally as they filmed in German locations. Once they met Cruise personally they would know, of course, that Scientology was okay and lift the ban and resistance.

I wondered about this film too when it came out, it seemed a strange career choice for him and his American public - what do we know about Claus Von Stauffenberg? But there is a genuine likeness between the two, and Cruise knew playing the role would be good for the Scientology agenda in that part of the world.

Just like befriending Will and Jada Smith would be good for outreach and getting blacks into the church.

befriending David and Victoria Beckham would be good for the U.K. branches of Scientology.

Just like befriending Jennifer Lopez (father already a Scientologist) would be good for the Latino efforts.

It's all manipulation to the core

Dear XB,

I'm embarrassed to admit I'd never before thought of that possibility - and am indebted to you for sharing your insight. Thank you.

This view deserves further thought/consideration.

JB

smartone

My Own Boss
I've come to the painful realization that Tom knows EVERYTHING that is going on, and he believes the people who are in the HOLE deserve to be where they are.

In his mind, they have betrayed David Miscavige, and thus LRH, Scientology in general, and him, and are exactly where they are supposed to be. I can see the look on his face: a lot of women know that look when a very cruel boyfriend breaks up with you for no reason and doesn't have any empathy on his face when he does it, feeling that he is the victim because you've done something wrong. (They way he did when he broke up with Nicole and went around telling their friends, 'She knows why.") Sadistic fathers are also like this.

TC believes that when those people who are in the RPF confess to what they have done, or make right on their crimes, then they can come out. He's the kind of guy that if you kissed his ring and said, "I'm sorry Tom for what I did to DM, to the church, and to you, it was all my fault, here are my crimes, DM was right, and I promise to be better...." he'd grabbed you by the shoulders, hug you, and bring you back to the fold. Otherwise, your ass can rot in The Hole forever as far as he cares and he's insulted that you would taint Hubbard's memory and legacy with your "crimes."

Look at him on the leaked Scientology video before his Freedom Medal of Valor of whatever the hell it's called. All that stuff about, "You got to know it, and if you don't know it, go learn it." "It's a privilege to be a Scientologist..." "They don't say that stuff to my face..." "I put Ethics on other people like I put ethics on myself..." (These aren't the exact quotes but what I remember from memory.) The entitlement he feels is staggering, but he sees it as humility. He justifies the violence and cruelty because it is privilege to be a part of the church, which means that members have to pay their "dues".

In other words, aTom Cruise feels bad for abused Scientologists, like military people "feel bad" for soldiers in boot camp - they don't, they believe it makes a solider out of you and if you can't stand the heat, get out of the Sea Org, or whatever.

My whole viewpoint changed when I read about how Tom Cruise treated Nazanin Boniadi - all that shit about changing her hair color before they dated, taking her braces off, filing her teeth down - just so she would be acceptable, her having to be audited and disciplined because when he won an award and she said, "Well done" or something, she was shown to be insubordinate to Cruise because only someone above him on Earth (there is only one COB) should say that. Then, at a dinner party, she she couldn't understand what the hell DM was talking about because of his Philly accent, which, by the way, with all the money in the world, he refuses to get a speech therapist, and made the grave mistake of saying, "What did you say?" and because it is a big deal in Scientology not to have a communication sent and received, she got in trouble again.

Then on the ski trip when she fell down the hill and hurt her leg, she wasn't given any painkillers, of course, but was asked why she pulled that in, told to lie down, and then as she sat miserably in her room, was retrieved and told to get back downstairs because she was supposed to be entertaining Miscavige. In the end, Tom breaks up with her and she walks out of his apartment, led out by church members while he exercises in his gym without looking up to say goodbye. Meanwhile she has signed confidentiality agreements where she has not been able to tell anyone what has been happening to her. When she cannot stop crying, her roommate, also a Scientologist, asks what's wrong and Nazanin confides in her. The roommate writes a knowledge report, turns her in, and Nazinin is disciplined severely, having to clean bathrooms with toothbrushes, sec-checked endlessly and humiliated. Later Cruise sees her and asks, "How are you?"

When are we going to wake up and smell the motherfucking coffee? I believe Cruise had sociopathic tendencies before he joined the church, and Scientology was like squirting lighter fluid on the grill. What man would stand by while the church (Rathbun testifies to this) allowed Tommy Davis and others to tell Isabella and Connor that there mother was crazy and evil and they should have nothing to do with her?

Tom Cruise is an ACTOR, and one of the biggest roles he plays is Tom Cruise. Tom doesn't give a fuck about those people's suffering - but he will now, because his life is going to change. Like any pathological narcissist, the time comes where they aren't as cute, they aren't as popular, and with this kind of publicity, (especially from someone like Jenna, who has no agenda...the church can say she's crazy and bitter all they want, but she isn't a Rinder, or a Rathbun...she's a young mother who grew up without parents), the sympathy isn't going to be with Cruise - and he's set the stage for this, telling off Matt Lauer "your glib" and acting like David Miscavige for the 5-10 years.

I don' know what's going to go down - but I know the bubble has burst for me believing anymore that Cruise is a good guy caught up in a nefarious organization who doesn't know any better. John Travolta is another story. He knows what's going on, but he's horrified and they've basically blackmailed him - he's not going anywhere. He knew what they were capable back when they messed with his friend - Sylvia "Spanky" Taylor. He knows what they are capable of now and he's not going to fuck with them. I don't know what the others think.

Let's start Cruise accountable for the church he endorses, and stop being seduced by the characters he portrays.

Great post. I've never been seduced by the character he portrays anyway. I only deigned to see Top Gun - the one film I've seen with him in it because I love jet fighter airplanes. I just don't find short-arsed men attractive.

I can understand why he gets on well with DM. At least they can see 'eye to eye'. Two dwarfs a-playing.

Arthur Dent

Jenna was particularly poised and calm under the circumstances of such an interview. This and Lawrence Wright's book will cancel out the Superbowl ad. Money down the drain. Too little, too late kids.

Anonycat

Crusader
Jenna was particularly poised and calm under the circumstances of such an interview. This and Lawrence Wright's book will cancel out the Superbowl ad. Money down the drain. Too little, too late kids.

I was impressed at her composure too. I think I might have caught a moment where she fought off crying ... who wouldn't. With the juxtaposition of her warm presentation, and the hideousness of the cult was something I found striking.

Xenu's Boyfriend

Dear XB,

I'm embarrassed to admit I'd never before thought of that possibility - and am indebted to you for sharing your insight. Thank you.

This view deserves further thought/consideration.

JB

Please, JB, don't feel embarrassed at all, I hadn't thought of it either until I read Andrew Morton's unauthorized bio on Cruise. I have to say, it's more than just a bio - it really should be included with the other anti-Scientology books that are out there. I have to say at least a 1/3 if not more of that book is about Scientology - it doesn't read like the usual fan book or career exposé. I learned a lot there, including the fact that one that one of Stauffenberg's relatives, i think a grandson, was furious when Cruise developed the project and commented on the irony of Scientologist playing someone who was anti-Nazi.

PTSPal

Patron with Honors

The Superbowl ad is the first of many coming down. The next commercial will be an outline of the life great LRH (America's youngest Eagle scout and the most translated and published author in history)...The COS is going hard into video production and release.

Xenu's Boyfriend

The Superbowl ad is the first of many coming down. The next commercial will be an outline of the life great LRH (America's youngest Eagle scout and the most translated and published author in history)...The COS is going hard into video production and release.

Most translated and published in history because 1) the church does a lot of self-publishing and keeps cranking those babies out 2) Sea Org members stay up and day and all night printing that shit, no other publishing house can compete with people who work 23 hours a day 3) the church has encouraged Scientologists to go in bookstores and buy copies to "trick" the NYT best seller lists to keep Ron in the limelight.

Jump

Operating teatime

The more adverts or press releases that DM produces, the more pathetic the scam looks. Not even a flying squirrel (Rathbun) could help the Hubbard legacy now.

Scientology has been able to pull rabbits out of hats for a long time. But the lies are wearing thin, and the unaware public are getting thin on the ground.

The Internet is turning those scientology rabbits into wild animals :yes:

[video=youtube;e7mmrF-4rUE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7mmrF-4rUE[/video]

With apologies to the real flying squirrel! :coolwink:

OTBT

Patron Meritorious
Just a guess, Tom Cruise thinks he is a BIG BEING, and fuck the whining nattering wogs and exes with their Banks and BTs.

OTBT

Patron Meritorious
lol, thanks, I'm pretty preoccupied recently IRL with overseeing silly wog stuff in various locations.

But I still have the opinion that Tom Cruise is fully aware of all the human rights abuses in Scientolgy, and Tom Cruise doesn't give a flying fuck about it, because he and best buddy David Miscavige are BIG BEINGS and they need to look at the ethical greater good for *their* dynamics (fuck wogs, fuck low-donations scientologists).

TG1

Angelic Poster
OTBT, I agree that Cruise is in on the sting with Miscavige and complicit as hell.

TG1

our judeochristian scripture is the most translated work. over 1500 languages in it's entirety and in part in more than 4000

Gadfly

Crusader
I would add that the main and ONLY reason that Scientology and Hubbard have been translated so much is because THEY HAVE DONE SO on their own.

There has NEVER been any large demand by the public for the writings of Hubbard. Between the endless spitting out of Hubbard's crap by Pubs Orgs, and surreptitious tactics of the Church of Scientology to BUY UP books to manipulate standings on various book lists, THAT is the ONLY reason why Hubbard's books have gotten any standing and have been translated.

All of the work to translate the books was done by low-paid staff or volunteers. This was done by "special projects" heavily pushed down the lines (with Tone 40 intention).

There is very little demand or want for Hubbard's writings. The Church only makes it appear so with their over-controlling, manipulative and contrived management shenanigans and endless bogus PR.

Xenu's Boyfriend

I would add that the main and ONLY reason that Scientology and Hubbard have been translated so much is because THEY HAVE DONE SO on their own.

There has NEVER been any large demand by the public for the writings of Hubbard. Between the endless spitting out of Hubbard's crap by Pubs Orgs, and surreptitious tactics of the Church of Scientology to BUY UP books to manipulate standings on various book lists, THAT is the ONLY reason why Hubbard's books have gotten any standing and have been translated.

All of the work to translate the books was done by low-paid staff or volunteers. This was done by "special projects" heavily pushed down the lines (with Tone 40 intention).

There is very little demand or want for Hubbard's writings. The Church only makes it appear so with their over-controlling, manipulative and contrived management shenanigans and endless bogus PR.

Amen, Hallelujah and Right on, Gadfly....

Not to mention the fact that once everybody buys the books, DM turns around with the "Golden Age of Knowledge" and says, "We've gone through LRH's original notes and realized that the publisher (us) left out some crucial semi-colons that change the meaning of his work entirely. So, we've republished everything and now every book you own of Hubbard is obsolete, possibly detrimental to your eternity and needs to be replaced immediately. I give you - -THE BASICS"

So everyone who bought the shit the first time feels they have to buy it again. Then when they all buy it they are harassed to buy another set at thousands of dollars for a friend, for their neighbor, for their dog, for an Ideal Org in Alaska, for inner city kids...and so each person buys 2 or 3 full sets of the basics and donates them to who the fuck ever.

So yes, lots of trees wasted on Hubbard....and manipulation from the church to get him right up there with Shakespeare in the public's eye. Only one problem as I see it - you have to brainwashed to appreciate his work. Otherwise it's completely meaningless. Most book stores won't even carry anything by Hubbard except Dianetics.

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
I think it's more willful arrogance than willful ignorance

I think Scientology is helping me and really don't give a shit about anything else or anyone else,

doing otherwise will impede my results.

It's not only Cruise who feels that way.

There's someone I was on staff with years ago; we were very good friends at the time. He's been a Flag public for a number of years.

I talked to him a couple of years ago. He didn't want to hear anything negative about the church. Not so much because he didn't believe it; because he didn't care.

What he said was almost verbatim what Chuck said here. He was going all the way up the bridge and "going OT" and he didn't care about anything or anyone else. He didn't care what the church was doing, he didn't care what Miscavige was doing. He wasn't looking, he wasn't asking and he didn't want to know.

Maybe these days, with the enormous amount of negative PR about the church, that's the attitude you really have to take to even stay a Scientologist.

:
:
Did Tom Cruise get commissions for his scientology promotions.
He was a good revenue bringer. Worth paying. How much?
Even ordinary public get commissions. Celebs do a different kind of FSMing.
People for services, yes, but also opinion leaders "handled" etc.
That's worth paying for too.

BTW, before scientology, did your local priest pay commisions for new people signed up for services? Just wondering...