What's new

Tom Cruise Gets Visitation Rights? Why Don't We, Ask Ex-Scientologists

Free to shine

Shiny & Free
A link was posted on another thread but I think this deserves it's own.

What the Village Voice is saying about disconnection is so true. Let those suffering disconnection add their voice here.

I am one, and there are many others on this board.

Tom Cruise Gets Visitation Rights? Why Don't We, Ask Ex-Scientologists Cut Off From Family Members
By Tony Ortega Tue., Jul. 10 2012 at 3:04 PM

So if Katie seems to have won, and in the process brought Scientology unprecedented bad publicity, why are some Ex-Scientologists greeting news of the divorce settlement with derision?

Because of its hypocrisy, they tell me.

With so many ex-Scientologists cut off entirely from their own children, or parents, or siblings through the church's policy of "disconnection," it's another slap in the face, they say, that Tom Cruise gets to bypass that rule and see his child and communicate freely with his ex-wife.

http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/07/scientology_tom_cruise_visitation_rights.php

Excellent article and as usual so is the Comment section.

So here's a guy who gets all the goodies, who the rules don't apply to, but who has starred in the biggest disasters in a decade. And right next to that, in sharp juxtaposition, you have the tragedy of a woman who was both high in rank in the organization and beloved by everyone who met her, denied a chance to grieve properly for her son, and maybe even denied a chance to have saved his life due to the disconnection policy. Those two facts in sharp relief would have to get through some serious thought-stopping.

Lone Star

Crusader
This is one consequence from the Tom and Katie divorce that I didn't see coming. The very distinct possibility that some current members may wake up because they see that Tom doesn't have to disconnect from Katie while they've had to disconnect from wives, children, mothers, fathers, aunts, uncles, friends, etc...

Sure some members may not care out of a hardness of heart, but who knows how many do care, and care very much. They may think, "You know I can do courses and auditing and still have a relationship with my relative(s). Is it fair that Tom Cruise gets one standard applied to him while another is applied to myself?" Hopefully they will all answer that self directed question with a big NO!

We'll just have to see how this plays out....

Arthur Dent

Silver Meritorious Patron
This is one consequence from the Tom and Katie divorce that I didn't see coming. The very distinct possibility that some current members may wake up because they see that Tom doesn't have to disconnect from Katie while they've had to disconnect from wives, children, mothers, fathers, aunts, uncles, friends, etc...

Sure some members may not care out of a hardness of heart, but who knows how many do care, and care very much. They may think, "You know I can do courses and auditing and still have a relationship with my relative(s). Is it fair that Tom Cruise gets one standard applied to him while another is applied to myself?" Hopefully they will all answer that self directed question with a big NO!

We'll just have to see how this plays out....

I think this is worthy of another bulk email! I don't know any scientologist who has not had to disconnect from someone or who doesn't know someone close to them that had to disconnect from someone. The double standard would be a very sore point for many whose lives have been ruined or harmed by disconnection in their families.

Illegal Alien

Patron with Honors
I don't think this is all over. :no:

The quick settlement seems out of the ordinary for the money and so on that is at stake. Tom had to make it quick if he fought back or become nasty, public would have become outraged.

Remember he is not affraid to use ethics or put it in on others so he claims; but it appears that he has just turned his cheek.......no....
"GOOD ROADS FAIR WEATHER" THAT IS ALL.

Tom for sure under Davies wing was asked to quiet this down and to settle and get the media to back off on Scientology, done and dusted.

Product achieved for Tom. Media loosing interest. I don't think Tom will just ignore it all and pretend business as usual. The sinister side of Scientology will be at play here.

Going back to his movie removes him from all the media and this will simmer down.

I do not believe it is over it will rear its ugly head again in some fashion.

Suri is a minor so they can not enforce disconnection contrary to what was done with me and of course the obvious; massive celeb status.

Gizmo

Rabble Rouser
Where did it end - or did it ?

Pretty well known that there is a set of rules for celebs & other rules for mere public.

Out/Int

Patron with Honors
Tom Cruise gets visitation rights ...why don't we?

Well, that is simple.

First of all - Tom Cruise just made up his PR disaster damage to the cult by giving the cult millions of dollars - he purchased his way out of the mess he was in.

DM gave him a pass to see his daughter.

AND

You are not the 3rd biggest bean on the planet...

HOLDS HIS HAND ABOVE HIS HEAD and says "First there is L-R-H"

LOWERS HIS HAND A LITTLE LOWER and says "Then there is SEE OH BEE"

LOWERS HIS HAND A LITTLE MORE (but not too low:whistling:) "Then there is ME"

and the real reason - he has a shit ton of money just waiting to go to See Oh Bee.:yes:

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
Tom Cruise gets visitation rights ...why don't we?

Well, that is simple.

First of all - Tom Cruise just made up his PR disaster damage to the cult by giving the cult millions of dollars - he purchased his way out of the mess he was in.

DM gave him a pass to see his daughter.

Only thing is, there isn't a whole lot of evidence that Cruise does see his daughter.

My guess is that he’s bought into the whole SP thing that he doesn’t have to be forced to disconnect.

He may simply be doing it on his own.

Sad as that sounds.

I told you I was trouble

Suspended animation
Only thing is, there isn't a whole lot of evidence that Cruise does see his daughter.

My guess is that he’s bought into the whole SP thing that he doesn’t have to be forced to disconnect.

He may simply be doing it on his own.

Sad as that sounds.

I agree Lulu Belle, an indoctrinated scientologist doesn't think or feel like a normal person ... they will flick people out of their lives (including their own children) without thinking twice if doing so "indicates" at the time (and buys them a few more brownie points with the people who seemingly control their every move).

Lulu Belle

Moonbat
I agree Lulu Belle, an indoctrinated scientologist doesn't think or feel like a normal person ... they will flick people out of their lives (including their own children) without thinking twice if doing so "indicates" at the time (and buys them a few more brownie points with the people who seemingly control their every move).

Also typical of a control freak, Scientologist or not.

Since Tom doesn't have all the say in the major decisions involving his daughter's life, he just doesn't have anything to do with her at all.

George Layton

Silver Meritorious Patron
I don't believe that tom can be a part of Suri's life without himself or his handlers attempting to involve Suri in scientology and turn her against her mother.